• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 2,990 Views, 273 Comments

Rebuilding the Dark BrotherHood - mineturtal247



fluttershy is a last member of a ancient assassin guild know as the darkbrotherhood

  • ...
30
 273
 2,990

Recruiting

(Two months have pass sense the contract of sweet apple acres.)

Fluttershy was at home and siting on her couch, looking over a news article on her latest contract. The article was based on the death of a corrupted royal guard captain in Canterlot.

The contract was placed on him for aiding a small socialist group known as "the red hoof movement". They wanted to dethrone both princesses and establish a communist government in Equestria, but they lacked the numbers, the arms, and support to even be a problem for the royal guard. With the support of the corrupted captain they had the means to arm themselves, a source of names of prisoners that would be useful to their cause, as well as locations of prisoner transport wagons that were not heavily guarded. Their numbers would reach a high enough amount to start a small rebellion in Stalingrad, where their headquarters was located.

Fluttershy knew that she had been getting a bit sloppy lately, and this last contract showed proof. The contract was to kill the target when he was arriving for a meeting with arms for the group. Fluttershy had received her directions from the pony who had given her the contract as well as a map to find the hideout in Canterlot.

Her mission was to make sure that evidence of his involvement got out and that he ended up dead. All was going well. The target was arriving at the meeting with a letter from the group, which detailed where to meet them and deliver the goods.

When she was spotted by a patrol of royal guards who had witnessed her placing an arrow through the captain's head, the guards gave chase. Before they could catch her, Fluttershy made sure that the guard patrol could find the letter of the captain's involvement by dropping the letter that he had been carrying. She ran as fast as she could, taking a glance back to see if a guard found the letter. She was satisfied when one of the guards pick it up.

She was glad that at least one of them had found the letter, but now it was the time to get out of there. She gave them the slip in an alleyway by moving into the shadows and hiding behind a dumpster that the guards never bothered to look towards. When news got out that the murderer had gotten away by hiding in the shadows of an alleyway, the locals in Canterlot took to calling her the "shadow mare". "Such a cute name," she thought.

Later on, the press printed about the "shadow mare". Her armor had had a part in giving her the name, as most of her it was black, as well as the fact that she carried out her contracts in the dead of night.

Fluttershy was glad that she was not caught in Canterlot. She had come too close to being caught too many times during these last few contracts.

She rubbed her tired eyes, thinking to herself that it had been a long time since she had had any sleep. About two days of sleep had been lost due to the contracts that had been coming in from all over Equestria. She had to turn down helping her friends with projects that they need her for, all because of the contracts.

Her friends had begun to worry about her. They were started to ask questions like "Why cant you help out? Have you got any sleep lately? You look you have not slept in days. You promise to help me get rid of the vermin on the farm?" or "Why can't you watch me do some super sweet moves, Fluttershy?"

She always told them that it was because she needed to help her animal friends that were out of town or that she was trying to find a new place to migrate to, or even saying that she needed to make a trip to pick up supplies that Ponyville did not have for certain animals that seem to work quite a lot. She also had to come up with a story about an eagle and a falcon fighting over territory and that it had dragged on all night until she came up with a way to have both animals reach an agreement on who owns which tree and hunting grounds and that they did not need to cross the other's path or go into their territory.

Fluttershy had become lost in her train of thought when she felt something "taping" on her right back hoof. She looked to see the black rabbit with three new contracts in his mouth.

It placed them down next to her hooves and dashed off into the woods to continue to do what ever it did when it was not delivering contracts to her.

She let out a sigh of frustration as she picked up the contracts and read them over. One contract was about a slave trading diamond dog, another one was a griffin mercenary, and the last one was a pony who was a con artist that cause a lot of trouble in Manhattan over the years.

Fluttershy placed her front hooves on her face and sighed in frustration. "AAAAAH! I CAN'T DO THIS ANY MORE,THERE'S JUST TOO MANY CONTRACTS!" I'm just one mare I can only do so many contracts at a time!"

She felt angry. There was just so much to do and no time to do it all. "I can't do all of this right now without drawing attention to my self. I need help," she thought to herself. For a long time. she just wished that this had never come into her life. She wished that when she had been a filly that she had had a regular life like the rest of the fillies in flight school. Just a regular family with no secrets in their lives and no making up stories to explain to her friends why she could not come over or go play after school.

That's when a idea hit her. "Fillies! That's it!" she said excitedly. She got up from her couch and trotted to her room. She went up to the bookshelf and started looking for a particular book on "indoctrination and brain washing". When she found it, she started flipping through pages until she found the page on fillies. How to indoctrinate a filly part one: Fillies more easily accept indoctrination with the right push and have a weaker mental breaking point. The young mind is more susceptible to any form of indoctrination as long as you are aware of their certain psychological breaking point, and then use that knowledge to your advantage.

She continued to read until she found the information that she wanted. She closed the book and placed it back in place. She then went back down stairs. She walked up to the three contracts that were laying on the table, looked over them again and smiled.

Fluttershy had a plan a perfect plan. She would capture the three targets and bring them back to her sanctuary to use them for future indoctrination purposes. She was in deep thought when she heard a knock on her door, taking her out of her thoughts. She trotted up the door opened it to see Derpy standing on the other side.

"Hi Derpy," said Fluttershy.

"Hey Fluttershy,how are you this mourning?" ask Derpy.

"I'm well. Is there something I can help you with?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, not really. I was delivering your mail when I... broke your chicken coop. I'm so sorry Fluttershy."

"Huh?" Fluttershy was confused. She took a step out side to see her chicken coop had been completely destroyed.

"I'm so sorry Fluttershy, I will fix it, I promises I-" she was cut off by Fluttershy telling her "It's alright, I have been meaning to fix it anyways."

Derpy was confused at Fluttershy. She had broke something that belonged to Fluttershy and she was fine with it? "Well, at least she's not mad at me," Derpy thought to herself.

"Are you sure?" Derpy asked.

"It's alright Derpy, I can fix it. I needed something do. I have had nothing to do at all today," Fluttershy said, lying to the other mare.

"Well, okay," Derpy said while scratching the back of her neck. "I better get going then, I have a lot of mail to delver today. I'm really sorry about your coop though, Fluttershy"

"Ok" is shorthand. The full word is spelled "okay", so that is what you should use for your stories. "Tho" is also shorthand. You should use "though" (not to be confused with "through").

"It's alright Derpy, go deliver your mail. I will fix this."

As Fluttershy watched Derpy fly away, another idea came to her head. "This will work just fine, just fine indeed." She smiled at the idea that was forming in her head. but then something came up, something that she had overlooked. Who was she going to indoctrinate?

She started to wonder if she could use Scootaloo, but her friends would want to come and help her. She thought about the other fillies, but they didn't really know her, and that would draw a lot of unnecessary attention.

"Who can I take for a day back to my place to help me fix this chicken coop? It has to be someone I know, someone close friend's with and won't ask questions, but who?

"What if... what if it was not a pony, but someone else like... like a baby dragon." "SPIKE!" The name shot through her mind.

"Yes spike will do, he's a child, male, able to withstand more training and punishment, he will do just fine." Fluttershy had a wicked smile on her face, as her plan was coming together quite nicely .

"This is good very good indeed" she thought to herself as she went back into her house. She went up her stairs, heading to the book shelf that lead to the Sanctuary. She opened the secret door and headed inside, thinking of how to foalnap her contracts for her plan. The bookshelf closed behind her, hiding her away with her thoughts of having a recruit to help her with the contracts.

"This is going to be great!" she thought to herself as she was opening the door to the armory room.

Author's Note:

i hope this chapter was good and a lot better then the others it look me a long time to get this chapter going for i had my first writers block for a few days :). thank you for reading this hope you like it and wish me luck on the next when spike get's indoctrinated to the brotherhood.
the captain she killed was not shining,just wanted every one to know.

A huge thank you to Ironskull for editing this chapter. Your awesome.