• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 2,989 Views, 273 Comments

Rebuilding the Dark BrotherHood - mineturtal247



fluttershy is a last member of a ancient assassin guild know as the darkbrotherhood

  • ...
30
 273
 2,989

The trip to canterlot

It was a wonder full day in Ponyville. The sun was shinning, the birds where chirping, and there was not a cloud in the sky.

Spike woke up happy that he was not plagued by any more nightmares from the previous night.

He sat up in his crib and stretched his arms out, feeling great that all of that horrible things he saw were just part of a nightmare.

He laid back down putting his head back on his pillow, but something felt wrong. There was something hard under his pillow. He reached under his pillow to see what was under it.

What he pulled out made him almost scream as his blood ran ice cold. There was the bag of bits with the black hoof symbol on it from last night's nightmare.

Spike stared at the large bag of bits, fear clearly showing in his eyes. His hands stared shaking. His usual purple self was almost as white as Rarity's coat.

"Spike!" Twilight yelled right behind him causing him to jump into the air. When he landed back down, Spike quickly hid the bag of bits under his pillow.

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" he cried as he placed a hand over his chest where his heart would be. "You almost gave me a heart attack!" he said with a nervous voice.

"Sorry Spike, I did not mean to scare you, but we have more important matters to discuss!"

"Like what?" Spike asked, calming down from his little scare.

"Princess Celestia requires our assistance. For what, I do not know, but she sent her guards to gather the other girls, so this must be something BIG!" she said with excitement.

"So am I going to be here all alone then?" asked Spike looking around nervously.

"No, you're coming with me on this one, Spike. Nopony can watch you this time, so pack your things. You're going to Canterlot with us."

Spike was glad that he was going to Canterlot with Twilight and her friends. He felt safe going with them and knew that the crazy mare could not foalnap him as long as he was with his friends.

Spike got up from his crib and started to pack. He only packed a few things.

Toothbrush. Check.

A few gems to snack on. Check.

Quill and ink. Check.

A few books to read. Check.

"Is there any thing else that I am forgetting?" Spike thought to himself.

"I guess not." He began to walk out of the door of his room when stopped. He remembered the bits under his pillow.

"A hundred and ten bits. I could buy some new books for Twilight, gems for Rarity and still have enough to left over to do what ever I want."

"Come on, Spike, the others are waiting for us, let's go!" Twilight yelled from down stairs.

"Coming!" Spike yelled back. He look at his crib one last time before leaving the room.

He Headed downstairs and made his way to Twilight. There were there where two royal guards waiting for them.

"Are you ready Miss Sparkle?" one of the guards asked.

"Yes, we are. Please take us to your friends and to Canterlot."

With a nod, the guard lead the way to a carriage. Spike was right behind Twilight as they made there way through town, and they soon made their way to the carriage where everyone else was waiting for them.

"Hey there Twilight, how ya doing?" ask Applejack.

"I'm doing well, Applejack. Hello everypony," Twilight side to her friends .

"OhmygoshTwilightheprincesswantstomeetusallatoncethismustbeveryimportantimsoexcitedshemightwantustothrowaparty!" Pinky said in one breath. The guards just looked confused.

"Breathe Pinkie, breathe. I know you're excited to go to Canterlot, but I don't think the princess wants us to throw a party for anypony," Twilight said, pushing pinkie away from her to give her space.

"Well darling, what does the princess want?" asked Rarity.

"I don't know. She did not send me a message or anything, the guards just showed up and said that the princess needs to speak with the element bearers and that's all."

"Not to be rude, but we need to go Miss Sparkle. We can't keep the Princess waiting any longer," said one of the guards, opening the carriage door.

"It's no problem. Come on girls, we can't keep the princess waiting," said Twilight before heading into the carriage.

"Right, lets go... I mean if you're ready, everypony," said Fluttershy, taking a seat inside.

Soon, everypony was inside the carriage and heading to Canterlot to see the princess, ready to do whatever she needed of them that was so important that she sent the royal guard to their door steps and to pick them up instead of sending a letter to Twilight.

Five hours later.

The guards had been at full galloping down the road to the Canterlot for five hours, stopping every hour to catch their breath and get a drink from their canteens.

"The princess must really want to see us if the royal guard are running all the way to Canterlot," remarked Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah, this must be very important," Twilight thought to herself.

"Miss Sparkle, we will be arriving at the capital in just few moments," one of the guards yelled from the front of the carriage.

"Thank you for the information," Twilight replied to the guard.

"So does any pony know why we're going to Canterlot?" ask Fluttershy.

"I don't," said Rainbow Dash.

"Ne neither," said Pinkie.

"Sorry hun," said Rarity.

"Can't help ya there," said Applejack.

"Like I said, I don't know either, but it must be important" said Twilight.

"Maybe it's a surprise party!" Pinkie said, delighted.

"A party, Pinkie? I don't think the Princess has the time to set us up for such a thing," said Spike.

"Maybe something bad has happened, like the griffin kingdoms are invading," said Rainbow Dash.

Everyone stared at Rainbow Dash and started to laugh.

"I don't think that will ever happen, Rainbow Dash" said Twilight.

"Yeah, what would make you think that's going to happen?" ask Spike.

"Have you guys not heard?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Heard what?" ask Twilight

"There was a high ranking royal guard captain assassinated a week ago. Some say it was a griffin assassin who killed him!"

"No Rainbow Dash, the guard the captain was working with a separatist group. If the griffins were after high ranking members of the military, they would have went after Shinning Armor." There was a short pause. "Sorry Twilight, but it is the truth. But in the paper, it said it was the shadow mare who did it," said Fluttershy. It sounded like she was annoyed.

Everyone just stared at Fluttershy for a moment.

"And how do you know this dear?" asked Rarity.

"Yeah, I expected something like that to come from Rainbow Dash" ask Twilight.

"Well, um, you see, um... I read the news paper every day to see what weather were going to have. It was on the first page. It was very sad," Fluttershy said.

"We're here, Miss Sparkle," said one the guards, opening the carriage door.

"Thank you. Come on girls, and you too Spike, the princess is waiting," said Twilight as she was leaving the carriage.

Everyone got out the carriage and made their way inside the castle, heading strait into the throne room to meet the princess.

"Welcome, my little ponies," said Celestia.

"Your Majesty," everyone said at once, kneeling down to their queen.

"Rise, my subjects, for there is much to discuss," said Celestia.

"Like what, Princess?" asked Twilight.

"There is a darkness that neither Luna or myself can explain," Celestia said to elements.

"What do you mean? Do you mean something evil?" asked Spike.

"It is more evil than King Sombra and Nightmare Moon combined, little dragon," Celestia answered.

"That's pretty evil, princess. Are you sure that it's for real?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"I don't know. I feel it, and so does Luna." said Celestia.

"Where is Princess Luna anyway?" ask Twilight.

"She is in the royal library researching this matter. Come, I will show you." With that, they stared heading to the royal library.

Spike was fallowing them to the library when a voice popped into his head. It was female and it sounded raspy and took breaths when she spoke.

"Look... for the black book... in the far right of the... library... make sure no one sees you..."

"Wha? Who's there?" Spike asked, turning to see if anypony was fallowing behind him. No one was there.

"Must be my imagination," Spike thought to himself as he walked into the royal library.

There siting at the table was Princess Luna, looking over a book on evil manifestations and strange voices from the dark when she noticed her sister and her companions walking into the library.

"Hello sister, what are thou doing here?"

"We have come to see if you found anything on the strange feeling that you and I have been sensing lately."

"Nay, dear sister, I fear I found nothing other than that we are either paranoid or haunted by ghosts."

"As I feared, we will have to look further into this matter."

Spike was listening to the princess talk when he decided to go to far right of the library. For some reason, he felt like he had to go there.

"Man, I must be going crazy. First nightmares that are real, then voice in my head. Pull yourself together Spike, there's nothing wrong at all," Spike thought.

"This way, little dragon."

"Who's there? If I find out that somepony is playing a trick, I'm going to be mad." Spike said, heading to the area where the voice came from.

He made his way down a row of books that where labeled "Guilds of Equestria".

"That strange voice came from here, but there's nopony here?"

"Turn around... dragon."

Hearing the voice from behind him made Spike jump back, knocking a few books onto the ground when he bump into them.

"Oh man," spike thought to himself.

He started to pick them up when one book caught his eye.

Spike picked the book up and read the cover. "The Night Mother and her Children, the Dark Brotherhood".

Reading the name of the book sent chills down Spike's back. He had heard the name from that mare who foalnapped him and made him kill that griffin.

Spike froze when he heard the voice come from behind him once more. Fear was apparent on his face when it spoke.

"Read, my child... you will learn about your... new family and life... in the Dark BrotherHood."

On the other side of the library, Fluttershy was smiling. She felt her mother's presence in the room. She knew who her mother was talking too.

"So, Spike, you met mother and heard her voice. I made a wise choice by choosing you, brother... We will meet soon." Fluttershy thought to herself, turning her attention back to her friends and their conversation.

"We shall meet very soon."

Author's Note:

I was going to make this chapter short but then i decided to make it longer then what was plan.

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think i like reading comments from every one good or bad.

Thank you every for reading i hope you enjoyed it as much as i had fun writing it.