• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 2,988 Views, 273 Comments

Rebuilding the Dark BrotherHood - mineturtal247



fluttershy is a last member of a ancient assassin guild know as the darkbrotherhood

  • ...
30
 273
 2,988

Welcome to the family

Author's Note:

I would like to say I am so sorry for the very very long wait. There is nothing I can say to help me in this I just have not felt like writing for a long time and when I did it came in fits. I am so sorry for the wait I am.

There has been a lot that went on over the months and even almost a year that I just had a hard time writing this new chapter and even for my other story.

I hope you enjoy it I really do and once more sorry for the long wait.

Edited by me~Mineturtal247

A year and Three months later.

The wind softly blew in the warm cloudless evening. Leafs lifted off the ground and softly grazed the top of the luchies grass. The smell of autumn filled the air and the sound of crunching leaves under hoofs seem to echo on the dirt road.

A adolescent filly walked on the dirt road alone. Each step she made she crushed a leaf under her hoofs.

Her black trench coat move slightly when ever a breeze past by her. The coat moved like it had a mind of it’s own, swaying left and right.

Her real coat was grey, and her mane was blue and black with a partial spike like mohawk. Her green eyes, glistened off the sunlight making them shine like flawless gem, and in her mouth was an unlit cigar.

Her cutie mark was a strange one for instead of a symbol that represents what a pony does for a living her cutie mark was a skull with butterfly wings.

She continued her way down the dirt path where her destinations is unknown. The sound of something scattering near by made her stop in her tracks and listen.

The sound of leaves being crunched underfoot came from her right. She turned her focus to the sound. What she saw was a little black rabbit springing to nearby tree.

“It’s the same rabbit,” the filly thought to herself, “It has been following me for over two weeks now.”

She watch the little rabbit dart from tree to tree. It stop darting when it realized she wasn't moving. It was waiting for her.

“Why does it wait for me? Is it leading me somewhere important?” She pounded the question she asked herself so much.

“Hey, you alright?” a voice from above her asked.

Looking up she was looking into green eyes similar to hers but of a griffon.

“I side are you alright?” The Griffin asked, “You been staring off in the distance for sometime now.”

“Ya, i’m fine why do you care.” the pony replied rather rudely.

The griffin swoop down to the young filly inspecting her closely.

The filly got a good look at the Griffin as he was sizing her up. His coat is brown and his head feathers are dark grey. His eye’s are green and nemours scares could be seen. The most noticeable is a scar under his chin of three long claw marks going down all the way to his neck.

“Hmm, you seem alright but smoking at such a young age is not good for you,” The griffin rip the Cigar from the fillies mouth, “There, that should help you grow and not give you lung cancer at an early age.”

“Hey give that back! it was unlit.” The filly shouted.

“I can see that but I can't let such a young filly start smoking on my watch.”

“I’m not a filly I can have a damn cigar if want.” the pony shot back, giving the griffin a glare of hate.

The griffin smiled to the young filly, “Well if you think you're old enough to smoke then you can tell me your name like an adult, and not scream at me I might give you the cigar back.”

The filly gave the meanest death glare she could give to another living creature. But not wanting to waste time she gave the foolish Griffin her name, “My name is Shadow Chaser.”

“Shadow Chaser? strange name.” He handed the cigar to the unicorn filly with a friendly smile, “My name is Eagle Eye.” The griffin extended a claw to the filly.

Shadow took the cigar from the Griffin and place it back in her mouth, “So what brings you here?” She spoke with the cigar resting on her mouth.

“Me? Oh, you won't believe me if i told you.”

“why is that?” Shadow asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Well, you see I been following a rabbit from all over Equestria lately and-” Eagle Eye was interrupted by shadow.

“Wait a rabbit, is it black as night and it eyes red like blood.” Shadow question.

“Y-ya,”Eagle Eye stammered, “How did you know?”

“I have been following the same rabbit for sometime now as well.”

They both turn to the road where the rabbit was sitting and waiting for them. But to their surprise there were two black rabbits waiting for them.

“It seems our paths were met to cross Shadow.”

“It seems that way.”

They began moving up the road to the rabbits. Each step they took they grew closer to the rabbits to only have them run away further down the road. This went on for hours till the sun was coming reaching dusk.

The two continued their journey down the road with the small rabbits ahead of them. They did not talk for too much was on there minds.

A sign on the road came into view. Egale using his mighty vision he was able to read the sign:

Ponyville 1 mile ahead, 1 hour.

“Strange a town is all the way out here in the middle of nowhere.” Eagle eye said.

“I live close around this area.” Shadow simply said.

Eagle turn his head to his companion an eyebrow raised, “In the town.”

“No outside its borders in the everfree forest.” Shadow looked at Eagle eye who seem a little taken aback.

“Living in the EverFree is a dangerous place for such a young filly.”

“I’m more than capable of taking care of myself,” Shadow said defensively. “I've been doing it my whole life.”

Eagle said nothing. He started walking down the road with his companion right behind him. It was an hour and night has set. Lunas moon hung high in the night sky.

They entered Ponyville in the quiet night of the town. Nopony was around, for all had turn in for the night.

The two companions walked through the dead streets of Ponyville. They have no idea to why they came to the town other than following the rabbits to it who seem to have vanished from the earth.

Shadow spotted something darting into a building. She looked at the building.

Ponyville tavern & hotel.

“Something went into the tavern over there.” She pointed to the building.

“A tavern huh? Could use a drink after a long walk.” Eagle chuckled.

They made their way to the tavern. Shadow open the door which gave a small creek. A bell in the corner of the door ring as the door fully open letting every in the bar know (who cared.) that somepony was entering.

Shadow and Eagle entered the small bar & hotel. Shadow looked around, scanning each and every corner of the small tavern for the little hare that might be hiding somewhere.

The tavern main room was about as big as most local taverns. A strong smell of burning tobacco filled the air along with the scent of sweat mix with alcohol. A crowd of ponies in a circular booth laugh rather anxiously at some poor joke one of their friends must have made.

there were at least twelve round tables in the center of the tavern, and four circular booths in each corner of tavern. A bar stand was to the right of the door. A single bartender stood behind the counter making a drink for some drunk who would not stop talking. Six bar stools stood in front of the counter only four were occupied by somepony.

The drunk was brown coated stallion with a Zebra like Mohawk with eagle feathers place in his mane. Another pony who was mare had her head laying on the counter pass out. A single stallion in a suit slowly sip his drink before paying the bartender, and made his way to the front door.

“Pardon me.” He said in a polite tone, as he passed Shadow and Eagle.

Shadow along with Eagle moved out of the way for the Stallion. They found an empty table to sit at that was not occupied by some drunk.

“Have you spotted any of the hares.” Shadow asked.

Eagle shook his head in response.

“What can I get for you two.” A male voice spoke behind them.

Turning around Eagle and Shadow found themselves looking at a Griffin. He had dark green eyes, his coat was grey with black tips on his head. A unique design not rarely seen in griffins. His fur was dark brown along with his wings. In his hands he held a quill and paper, A apron wrap around his waist with P.T.&.H stitched in golden yarn in the apron.
“What can I get for you two?” He repeated again.

“Water and some Hay Fries.” Shadow replied.

“And for you sir.” He asked Eagle as he finished writing down the order.

“Mead, with a side of lamb.” Eagle replied with a smile.

After writing down the orders the Griffin made his way to two large doors and entered them, “One side of Hay Fries, and a side of lamb for table thirteen.” the griffin shouted to the cooks.

“Keep a lookout,” Shadow whispered, “It might still be here.”

Eagle nod in response to his companion. It was strange that a small animal of the forest could evade capture so easily.

Fifteen minutes pass and the sam griffin came out of the kitchen with trays in claw. He made his way to the table with Shadow and Eagle were sitting, placed their orders on the table.

“Here you go, one order of Hayfries with a water and one side of lamb with a mug of mead. Will that be all?” The griffin asked in a nice tone.

“Yes that will be all, Thank you.” Both Eagle and Shadow answered.

The griffin bowed and headed back for the kitchen.

The Tavern seem to grow quit over the time that passed. More Ponies began to leave as the hour grew late into the night. Shadow observed the Tavern in silence.

The calm of the tavern made her feel uneasy. She could feel a few of the patrons that remained in the tavern staring at her.

Taking note of all the drunks left in the small tavern she could see many notable griffins and ponies in the bar still remained.

“Yo, Melody can we get some refills here.” A male bat pony shouted from across the tavern.

Cheers from the bat ponies friends filled the tavern with their drunken response for more alcohol.

“By Celestia Crimson if you say my last name before my first name one more time I swear I’ll turn you into a special kind of brew for only bat ponies, and I’ll call it the Crimson Dream. Name right after you, and it will taste just like you.” The bartender shouted back.

“I bet i’ll taste great then, seeing how I only on a Ale diet.” The bat pony laughed.

The bartender shook his head in disapproval “Nope it will taste like false dreams and dead hope for a future.” The bartender smirked at his response.

The bat pony stop laughing, “That’s not funny.” The bat pony looked hurt by the bartenders words.

“Pucker up buttercup it’s a harsh world out there you of all ponies should know this.”

“Ya, I guess you’re right Melody now be a good mare and get me more to drink.” The bat pony smirked at the bartenders facial expression changed to that of pure anger.

Shadow watch intensely as the bartender and the bat pony lock eyes with each other. Fearing for a fight she slowly reach down to her thigh were a dagger was hidden away by her trench coat.

Eagle continue to eat his food and sip his mead. He listened carefully for any sudden changes of movement or a squeak of a chair moving.

The Tavern fell silent as a grave.

“You are such a flankhole Melody.” The Bat pony chuckled.

The bartender just shook his head, “Every night I deal with this carp.” The Bartender grabbed a jug full of ale. Making his way to the table he filled the cups and made his way back to the bar counter.

The Tavern fell silent once more. This time how ever it was more unsettling as all eyes were on Shadow.

She could feel all the patrons eyes on her. Sizing her up like a prize for them to win. Shadow kept her cool, taking a drink from her water she listened and waited for a change in the sound of the Tavern. Resting her free hoof on the dagger to her side she tensed as the same Griffin who served her and Eagle their dinner came back.

He smiled, “Was everything satisfying for you two?” The Griffin asked.

“It was the best I have had in such a long time.” Replied Eagle.

Shadow nod her head in agreement.

“That’s great to hear, I'll be back with your bill and…” The Griffin was cut off by the Tavern front door bell ringing.

Shadow jaw drop at the sight of a titan walking through the door. Having to pretty much crouch under the door a Dark emerald dragon made his way through. Standing over all the patrons in the Tavern.

The dragon's scales were Dark emerald while some were black around his head and muzzle area. His eyes were dark green with black scales surrounding his eyes making it look like they glow within the dark.

Shadow noticed that this dragon had no wings but a pair of gills instead. His muscular body surely made mares and females of the same spices blush. From what Shadow could see his muscles have muscles and eight pack that had to be harder than steel.

“Why is that one still awake?” The dragon pointed to Shadow, He spoke in such a deep and powerful voice.

“We were just about to do something about that Korsy,” The bat pony said in worried tone, “The Drugs must not have any affect on her.”

The Dragon looked back to Shadow, “The Mistress want to meet her tonight.”

Shadow jump out her chair with the dagger in her right hoof, “Eagle get my back!” Shadow took a fighting stance with the dagger close to her.

A sharp pain shot through her neck as something entered it. Turning to face Eagle who held a empty syringe in his claw.

Shadow strike at Eagle, slicing his claw that was holding the sayring. Her former friend screamed in pain.

You little bitch I'll skin you alive and feast on you while you roast over a fire alive!” Eagle shouted, holding his wounded claw.

Eagles entire personality changed right in front of shadow. Going from the friendly griffin she met on the road to a heartless killer.

Shadow slashed at him again but this time Eagle caught her hoof in mid strike. Shadow managed to head butt Eagle but received a knee to her stomach which knocked the wind out of her.

Eagle grabbed her by the neck and lifted her above his head with one claw and slammed her down on the table.

The table broke from the impact which sent the cups and plates falling on top of Shadow.
Still holding her down Eagle began choking her. Panicking she grabbed a nearby plate and smashed it across Eagles head, the plate smashed into pieces causing Eagle to moan in pain.

Taking this opportunity she kneed Eagle in his malehood causing him to let go of her.

Coughing up a lung Shadow pushed herself up off the ground. Turning around she was just able to bring a back leg up in time to kick a charging bat pony. A sound of something being shattered could be heard from the head area of the bat pony. A well hoof print impeded itself next to a dollar sign on the pony's forehead.

Shadow began to feel sick and dizzy, the room began to spin for her as the drugs started working.

“Gotta get out.” Shadow slurred. She tried taking a step but only fell to the floor unconscious. The last thing she saw was the bat pony getting up with a wicked bloody smile on his muzzle.
__________

Shadow slowly regain consciousness. Two Blurs of a figure standing if front her and one next to her. One looked like a Hippogriff and the other was a pony with yellow fur and a pink mane, The other looked like the dragon from the Tavern.

“Leif how long will she be out?” The Mare asked in a kind gentle voice.

The Hippogriff shrug, “Could be a few hours.”

“Mistress she is awake.” the dragon from the Tavern spoke.

Both figures turn to Shadow.

“Hello there Shadow, It is nice to finally meet you.” The pink mane mare spoke with a smile.

“W-who are you?” Shadow asked as best she could. Shadow managed to push herself up with the help from the mare.

“Poor thing, you are probably still under the effect of the drugs,” the mare reach over next to her and grabbed a bowl, “Drink this is should help you.” Carefully lifting the bowl to shadow the mare did her best to not spill it.

Shadow drank the liquid in the bowl without a second thought. There something about this mare that made Shadow feel safe and protected. The mare had a strong motherly presences around her.

The liquid was tasted like herbs mixed with large amounts of honey. It was sweet to the taste and it did make Shadow feel a lot better, her vision began to clear up with each blink.

Shadow jaw this time did hit the floor as she was staring at Fluttershy in black and red armor with a hoof shoe symbol on her chest. Two sets of daggers remain sheath at each side.

“What is this?” Shadow asked confused.

“A choice Shadow.” Fluttershy replied with a smile.

Now Shadow was really confused to what was happening. Just yesterday she was home when in the Everfree following a black rabbit, and she was here with an element of harmony in what looks like professional grad assassin armor; with the dragon from the Tavern who must have been working with Eagle.

Now she was here, in this dungeon with cobblestone floors and wall. Torches light up the dark place in which banners of the same symbol could be seen sewed into them.

“A choice of what?”

Fluttershy turned to the Hippogriff and the Dragon, she nod and both of them went to a room and grabbed something. It was a muffled cry as they brought a Zebra out from the room with a gag in his mouth. The Zebra was black and white with a red mohawk with black strips. The Zebra was wearing tons of golden necklaces, he is wearing a brown vest with a whip stitched into the front of the vest.

“To join my family.” Fluttershy handed her a dagger, a dark smile spread across her muzzle.

Shadow took the dagger from Fluttershy. She made her to the Zebra who began to panic more with each step. The look of terror was clearly seen. He tried to speak but the gag prevented him for even getting a word out.

Shadow stop when she was only an inch away from him. She placed the dagger between the gag and cut it. It fell off and the Zebra began begging.

“Please don’t do it these monster kidnap me from my home, from my family and brought me here.”

Shadow switched the dagger to her left hoof. She brought the dagger's blade to her right hoof and plunge the dagger into her right hoof. She used the dagger to cut a complete circle around her hoof. Removing the blade from her hoof she placed the dagger between her mouth and pulled her hoof off.

The Zebra screamed a unstallion scream as he stared at a black shadow that formed from the lost limb of Shadow.

The shadow moved like a serpent it seem to have a life of it’s own. It grabbed the dagger from Shadows mouth.

“If I am killing anyone here today it's with my real hoof.” Shadow said darkly. A dark ora formed around her as if a devil of hell has taken hold of her.

The dagger plunged itself deep into the Zebras heart. A shock looked came over the Zebra as his life slowly slip away.

Shadow twisted the blade and push it deeper.

The Zebra fell dead to the cold floor with a wet thud.

Shadow turned to Fluttershy who was smiling.

“Shadow of the Shadow unicorn Tribe, Welcome to my family. Welcome to the Dark Brotherhood.”

Comments ( 14 )

There is a saying that goes, "Patience is a virtue" this is certainly the case here, but it was worth wait.
I can't wait to see what else you got coming up.

I liked how you handled Eagle Eye, Korsy and the rest. The setup was brilliant. Now i am just curious if we will see the death of Blueblood and Gilda.

Now, for the friendly grammar check.

The smell of autumn filled the air and the sound of crunching leaves under hoofs seem to echo on the dirt road.

This should be "seemed" to keep the time consistent

The coat moved like it had a mind of it’s own

This should be "its" as it's means, it is.

Her green eyes, glistened off the sunlight making them shine like flawless gem

Should be "gems" to keep the time consistent

She watch the little rabbit dart from tree to tree.

Should be "watched" or you could replace it with "saw"

“I side are you alright?”

Should be "said"

The griffin swoop down to the young filly inspecting her closely.

Should be "swooped"

The filly got a good look at the Griffin as he was sizing her up. His coat is brown and his head feathers are dark grey. His eye’s are green and nemours scares could be seen. The most noticeable is a scar under his chin of three long claw marks going down all the way to his neck.

"Is" should be replaced with "was" and "are" should be "were". "nermours" should be "numerous".
It seems you write the story in the past tense, so i mainly picked up on that as an inconsistency here.

The griffin rip the Cigar from the fillies mouth

Should be "ripped" and "filly's"

They both turn to the road where the rabbit was sitting and waiting for them. But to their surprise there were two black rabbits waiting for them.

Should be "turned" ... i think

“It seems our paths were met to cross Shadow.”

It should have been "Meant"

They did not talk for too much was on there minds.

It should be "their"

Egale using his mighty vision he was able to read the sign

Slight typo, should be "Eagle"

Eagle turn his head to his companion "with" an eyebrow raised,

Turn should be "turned" and you seem to have forgotten the "with" in the sentence.

It was an hour and night has set.

It should be "had". Preferably you could change "set" to "fallen" as well. But that is optional.

Nopony was around, for all had turn in for the night.

It should be "turned"

They have no idea to why they came to the town other than following the rabbits to it who seem to have vanished from the earth.

It should be "had" and "this" ...according my knowledge.

A bell in the corner of the door ring as the door fully open letting every in the bar know (who cared.) that somepony was entering.

It should be "rang" and "everyone".

A strong smell of burning tobacco filled the air along with the scent of sweat mix with alcohol.

It should be "mixed"

A crowd of ponies in a circular booth laugh rather anxiously at some poor joke one of their friends must have made.

Should be "laughed"

Another pony who was mare had her head laying on the counter pass out. A single stallion in a suit slowly sip his drink before paying the bartender, and made his way to the front door.

Should be "passed" and "sipped".

A unique design not rarely seen in griffins. His fur was dark brown along with his wings.

Depending on what you mean you should either remove "not" or "rarely". Currently the two cancel each other out and basically says that the unique design is common among griffins.

Eagle nod in response to his companion.

Should be "nodded"

Fifteen minutes pass and the sam griffin came out of the kitchen with trays in claw. He made his way to the table with Shadow and Eagle were sitting, placed their orders on the table.

It should be "passed", "same". Also, consider replacing the comma with "and" or change "placed" to "placing".

The Tavern seem to grow quit over the time that passed.

Should be "seemed" and "quiet".

The bat pony stop laughing,

Should be "stopped"

“Pucker up buttercup it’s a harsh world out there, you of all ponies should know this.”

Insert a comma will make the sentence easier to understand.

Shadow watch intensely as the bartender and the bat pony lock eyes with each other. Fearing for a fight she slowly reach down to her thigh were a dagger was hidden away by her trench coat.

Should be "watched", "locked" and "reached".

Eagle continue to eat his food and sip his mead.

Should be "continued" and "sipped".

“Every night I deal with this carp.”

Should be "crap" ...unless the bartender is calling Crimson Dream a carp as in the fish.

This time how ever it was more unsettling as all eyes were on Shadow.

Should be "however" and followed by a comma.

Shadow nod her head in agreement.

Should be "nodded"

His muscular body surely made mares and females of the same spices blush. From what Shadow could see his muscles have muscles and eight pack that had to be harder than steel.

Should be "species" and "had"

“The Drugs must not have any affect on her.

Should be "effect"

Shadow jump out her chair with the dagger in her right hoof,

Should be "jumped"

Shadow strike at Eagle, slicing his claw that was holding the sayring.

Should be "struck" or "swiped" Also, it should be "syringe".

Shadow slowly regain consciousness

Should be "regained"

Two blurs of a figure standing if front her and one next to her.

Replacing the crossed over part with "was" would make the sentence easier to understand.

Both figures turn to Shadow.

Should be "turned"

the mare reach over next to her and grabbed a bowl,

Should be "reached"

The liquid was tasted like herbs mixed with large amounts of honey. It was sweet to the taste and it did make Shadow feel a lot better, her vision began to clear up with each blink.

Removing the crossed over parts would improve the sentence.

Just yesterday she was home when in the Everfree following a black rabbit, and she was here with an element of harmony in what looks like professional grad assassin armor; with the dragon from the Tavern who must have been working with Eagle.

Should be "looked" and "grade"

Fluttershy turned to the Hippogriff and the Dragon, she nod and both of them went to a room and grabbed something.

Should be "nodded"

It was a muffled cry as they brought a Zebra out from the room with a gag in his mouth. The Zebra was black and white with a red mohawk with black strips. The Zebra was wearing tons of golden necklaces, he is wearing a brown vest with a whip stitched into the front of the vest.

Should be "There" and "was"

Shadow stop when she was only an inch away from him.

Should be stopped.

“Please don’t do it these monster kidnap me from my home, from my family and brought me here.”

Should be "kidnapped"

A dark ora formed around her as if a devil of hell has taken hold of her.

I think you mean "aura"

A shock looked came over the Zebra as his life slowly slip away

Should be "slipped"

Shadow twisted the blade and push it deeper.

Should be "pushed"

There, those were the most glaring issues i found. Bear in mind that non of them really interfered with my enjoyment or reading of the chapter.
If you wish i would happily be your editor in the future.

RC

Looks like shade is finaly in the family, this just got real.
and its time for the next gen.

6486554 I'm glad you like it. And I'll go fix those errors later tonight.

Yay my oc is in the story and he is the bartender thanks :heart:

I liked this chapter was confused at first and I'm sure the dragon is spike but in one year how did he grow so much and when did these other people show up I would like to know but I did like this chapter and I didn't know you were accepting oc's you can use mine if you want

6491106

The dragon is an oc that was sent to me. Each member will be exsplan in time and if you have an oc or a target send them my way.

6492479

Okay I get it my mistake and I will send you my October information

I like what you did with my OC... Taste like broken dreams and lost hope??? Ha!!! Classic you are doing well i look forward to more

6514509 I'm glad you like it. I thought he might the type to shoot a come back that sinks deep like a knife wound.

6489746 looks like our OC's have some "Complicated" relations as a customer and employee ;) i kind of like it oh yeah it's crimson i am talking in case you are confused

6962207 Hey man I'm just happy mine got used plus I have to give it to the author it's almost a spot on to what he's like in my head

I can't wait for seeing my character in future chapters

Hmmmmmmmmmm I wonder if there is going to be a new chapter?
"Checks date of last chapter written"


.......nope

When are you continuing?? it's been years

Login or register to comment