• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 2,989 Views, 273 Comments

Rebuilding the Dark BrotherHood - mineturtal247



fluttershy is a last member of a ancient assassin guild know as the darkbrotherhood

  • ...
30
 273
 2,989

contract of sweet Apple acres

Granny Smith sat on her porch, rocking in her chair. She was staring at the full moon that hung over Sweet Apple Acres.She was in deep thought of what she had done today.
_______

Just fourteen hours before, she went to the old graveyard in Ponyville and dug up an old grave for the bones she needed for the ritual to summon a child of the night and death. She then went into Everfree Forest to look for a small animal to trap for the origins for the skeleton. She spotted a small raccoon wandering the woods and decided he would do. She set a trap with old apple cores to lure the small critter. When the raccoon fell for the trap it tried to fight back by hissing, scratching, trying to bite her every chance it could get. She had had about enough attitude from the little critter and crushed his skull with her right front hoof.

She blocked out the memory of what she had done to the poor thing in the woods with a knife. His organs were needed for a better purpose than digesting food from a trashcan.

Just before dusk, she went into the barn and closed the door, making sure no pony would see her preforming the ritual. She took out a small black book from her purse.

Granny Smith opened up the book to the page she had marked down and began the chant to summon the assassin.

"Sweet mother, sweet mother, send your child onto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized by blood and fear." She said it a few more times, hoping a child of the night would come to her. When nothing continued to happen, she gave up.

She put the small black book away and gathered the bones and roses she had used for the ritual. She trotted off to an area where there was a big hole in the ground. "It's a good thing Big Mac pulled that dead apple tree out today," she thought to herself as she set the objects in the hole. She walk back to the barn grabbed a shovel stared to cover the hole up.

When she was finished, she patted down the dirt to make it blend in with the rest of the environment. She placed a hoof on her forehead to remove the sweat. "I'm too old to be doing this sorta thing," she thought to herself.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw something move. she looked to see what it was. It was just a little black rabbit with something in it's mouth. It dash out of Sweet Apple Acres before she could take what ever the little rabbit had in its mouth.

Granny just shook her head thinking "What's a rabbit like that was doing here?" she brush it off and started walking back to her house to have a nice nap in her chair.

Granny smith awoke from her nap when she heard a disturbance near her. The disturbance sound like somepony clearing their throat right behind her. She turn to see a mare in a black and red armor with a hooded mask, a crossbow and a quiver of arrows on her back, and finally, two daggers on her chest.

"Don't go sneaking up on an old mare like me ya hear!" Granny said with a bite of fright in her voice.

The mare nodded in response.

This gave granny a chill down her spine. "We'll I guess ya here cause I... summoned ya right"? Granny said, remembering what she had done hours ago.

The mare just nodded.

"You don't talk much,do ya?" granny ask. The mare just nodded in response.

"Well then yongan,I don't know why you do this for a living and I don't care. I just don't see anypony doing this sorta thing!" Granny said. The mare just shrugged in response to Granny's question.

"We'll then I guess I... I don't know how to say this at all, but I want you to take care off two stallions called Flim and Flam, I want them gone forever ya hear?!"

The mare nodded. Granny gave a sigh of relief. "Look, just get rid of them will ya! They have a workshop near the Everfree forest south of Ponyville. That's all I know."

The mare just nodded and started walking out of Sweet Apple Acres, heading south of Ponyville toward the Everfree forest to take out Flim and Flam.
____
"Well, brother of mine, what do you think of these ideas for our new invention?" Flim asked Flam as they where looking at a blueprint of their new cider machine. "Well Flim, I have to say, it's a great idea! Better than the Cyder-6000!" Flam said with a great big smile on his face.

"Right, brother! First thing tomorrow we'll get the parts we need. We'll scrap Cyder-6000, like the hose, the headlights and the wheels", Flim said with joy in his voice.

"Yes, we will discuss more later and have our revenge of destroying the Apple family market once and for all!" Flam said with an evil grin on his face.

Both brothers wanted to get revenge on the Apple family for running them out of town and destroying Cyder-6000, even though it had actually been their fault, but they considered the apple family to be at fault for their misfortune. If the Apple family had just accepted their offer before, none of this would have happen and they would be swimming in bits. They would not be out here in this run down workshop living off lettuce and berries for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of the week for the last two months. They had heard that some of the berries that grew here made ponies sick. Flam did not trust the berries, so he never ate them, but Flim always puts the berries on his plate.

"One day he's going to get sick from them" Flam thought to himself. His thoughts were cut short by a grumbling noise from his stomach. The thought of food made him hungry.

"Hungry, brother?" ask Flim.

"As a matter of fact Flim, I am. Let's go to the shop and get our dinner ready."

With that, the brothers walked to their workshop. The shop itself was not that big. It was as big as the barn in Sweet Apple Acres, but not as wide. There was a pile of wood in a corner next to a trash can with a rolled up paper of old plans. They had failed horribly. In the middle of the floor were two sleeping bags that they would use to sleep in for the shop. They didn't have a proper bed and they could not afford one.

Flim sat down while Flam grabbed two cups of cider from a window next to their table. He gave one to Flim. He then sat down in his seat began eating his lettuce and berries. He and flam started a conversation about their plan for their new invention.

Flim took a sip of his cider. Once in a while he nodded his head while listing to his brother, but suddenly when he felt something hitting him hard in the gut, making him groan in pain. He then shot up and yelled "OH BUCK"! at the top of his lungs and ran to an outhouse outside of the shop. He closed the door and locked it.

Flam was worried at first, but then he stared laughing when his brother bolted for the outhouse, knowing what has happen when he stared eating the berries. Flam started to walk out of the shop. Tears were coming down from his eyes by how hard he was laughing.

"Well brother, I hope you have learned your lesson about those berries. Did I not say they will give you the trots if you stared eating them? It was only a matter of time before they finally got you."

Flam was about to say more when an arrow pierce his throat, cutting his jugular. He try to scream and warn his brother, but he was losing focus as well as blood. He fell to his knees. He tried to call for help from his brother, but he only fell to his side. His vision started fade. The last thing he saw was a mare in black and red armor walk up to him. "Sleep my child. Go, be with Sithis in the void." His vision finally darkened and his last thoughts were of the mare and her voice. It seemed so familiar. There was darkness after that.

(An hour before the death of Flam)

Fluttershy picked up her pace. She wanted to get this contract done soon. She hated being out at night, but that was what she had been trained to do. She was a child of the darkness. A smile crept on her face. "Love the night. It's your only friend. It will protect you, keep you alive. It is your only true friend, your true family." These were the words that her mentor had spoken to her.

She remembered the pain she had went through, the spirit breaking punishment of her teachers calling her names. "Not worthy of being called a child of Sithis, too soft, you'll be dead by tomorrow, you little filth."

But each time they insulted her, she would proved them wrong by completing their task, doing what she was told, never stopping for anything. She press on until she broke down crying, unable to move. But thanks to her mentor's harsh punishments, training and insulting vocabulary, she prove them wrong. At the end of the day, when she had finished training, they would tell her she did a great job today. She would come home and go to bed tired, worn out, and still hurt from all the yelling and training that they forced upon her at such a young age.

Her thoughts were interrupted by talking. She stop running and crouched behind a tree to listen to the voices. They were stallion voices. "This must be them," Fluttershy decided to move into a better spot behind a bush. She looked over the bush to see Flim and Flam taking to each other.

They were discussing a plan of their new invention that they were going to build. They started talking about how they were going to ruin the Apple family business for good, getting their revenge once and for all.

Fluttershy was a bit upset at this. They were going to ruin Applejack and her family, and this was something Fluttershy would not stand for. She followed the brothers till she came to a bush with berries on it. She hid there for a bite when she noticed a window with two ciders in it. She looked at the berries, then back to the window. An idea came to her. She grab a few berries and snuck up to the window. She smashed the berries together, letting their juices fall into one of the cider cups.

She crouched down and moved away from the window, listening as the brothers came into their shop. They were talking about their plan and how they were sure that, this time, it was going to work. one of them grabbed the cups and went to go sit down for his meal. Twenty minutes later, she heard groaning of pain, then a loud "OH BUCK", and finally, running and a slamming of a door, as well as laughter that continued to come from the workshop.

Fluttershy pushed herself against the wall and slowly moved to the right side of the shop. She could still hear laughter from one of the brothers, but he was starting to catch his breath and speak. "Well brother, I hope you have learned your lesson about those berries. Did I not say they will give you the trots if you stared eating them? It was only a matter of time before they finally got you."

Fluttershy took out her crossbow and placed an arrow inside it. She took aim at the brother's neck, then fired.

The arrow met its target, piercing his neck. He let out a "gurgle" as he try to get help from his brother, but to no avail.

"His jugular was cut. He's bleeding out. By now, there is now hope for him." Fluttershy thought to her self. She walk up to the dying Flam. He look at her with fear and strained to ask "why?" Fluttershy looked into his eyes, then knelt down, putting her muzzle near his ear. She started giving him his last rights. "Sleep my child. Go, be with Sithis in the void. Your brother will be there soon to greet you." This was all she said before dragging his corpse to a bush for the next phase of her plan.
__
"Well brother, I guess you were right about those berries. They are a pretty nasty bunch. No more for me, I can tell you that much." said Flim.

Flim was walking out of the outhouse and feeling much better then before.

When he did not get a response from his brother, Flim stared to head back to the shop to see if his brother had went to sleep when he heard a rustling noise from a bush that was nearby. He turn to the sound and started speaking. "Flam, is that you? You know I hate being scared, so come out and stop being silly!" There was no response.

Flim started walking toward the bush, getting more nervous by the second. His heart started pumping quicker as he walked up to the bush.

He look over its hedges and his heart stopped.

Flam was staring at his brother's corpse. There was an arrow sticking out of his neck, and a pool of his blood surrounding his head.

Flam's mind was racing, trying to accept that his brother was dead while his brain was screaming "RUN! GET THE HAY OUT OF HERE!" Flim turned to run, but was stop when he felt something hit his chest. He look down to see a dagger sticking out of his chest. He looked to see who it was that had done such an act and saw a mare in black and red armor with a red mask covering her face.

Suddenly a sharp pain came from his neck. He put a hoof up to feel it. It was warm and wet. He looked and discovered that it was his own blood. He tried to scream, but only a "gurgle" came out and more blood came gushing from his wound.

He fell to his knees, then to his side. The mare spoke to him. "Sleep my child. Go, be with Sithis in the void. You will meet your brother there." She said this calmly and with a soothing voice that should not belong to such a being that had just killed him and his brother, and yet he felt that he knew the voice from somewhere, as though they had met before, but he couldn't put his hoof on it. His eyes grew heavier and heavier till they closed, now and forever. There was only darkness after that.

Fluttershy took the dagger out of Flam's chest and cleaned it off on her armor. She then placed it back in its holster. She grabbed Flam's body and started moving it deeper into the woods, where she found a good spot to dump the body. She went back for Flim's corpse and started dragging it to his brother's side, where she left them.

"Timber wolves will catch the scent of the bodies and destroy the evidence when they feast on them," she thought.

Fluttershy started walking away when she stopped. "Silly me, I forgot the arrow." She went back to Flam's corpse and pulled the arrow out of his throat and cleaned it. She placed it back in the quiver and started her journey back to Sweet Apple Acres.

Fluttershy started walking to Sweet apple when something caught her eye.

She stopped as she came upon the blueprints that Flim and Flam had made for their new machine. It looked like their old one, but with a bigger tank to hold more cider. There was nothing new except for that one change and the fact they where going to call it the "Super Cider Squishier-9000". Fluttershy rolled the blueprint up and walked into the shop. There was a candle burning on the table where brothers had been eating at. She placed one part of the blueprint in the candle flame and watched as the bottom went up in flames. She walked outside and placed it on the ground and watched the blueprint burn to ash. She then blew on the ash pile, scattering the pieces into the night.

Granny Smith was sleeping in her rocking chair outside with a blanket over her to protect her from the cold of the night. She refused to go inside. She wanted to wait for the assassin that she had hired, eagerly waiting to hear if the horrible deed had been done.

She was tapped on the shoulder a few times and woke up. "Wha, who's there what do you... OH, it's you!" Granny said with a bit of confusion as she tried to remember why an armored mare would wake her up. "I take it that the deed is done?" she ask the armored mare.

The mare nod in approval.

"Well I guess I have ta pay ya now, Hmmm." Granny Smith reached into her purse and pulled out a large bag of bits.

"There's about two-hundred bit's in there. I hope it's enough," Granny said as she handed the bits to Fluttershy. Fluttershy nodded in approval, then turned around and started walking home.

Granny couldn't put a hoof on it, but the mare seemed familiar somehow, as though she knew her. "Oh well, back to bed." She lifted herself off of her chair and made her way into the house where she would soon sleep a dreamless sleep.

Fluttershy had made it back home. She pushed the fake rock out of place and climbed down the ladder, but not before pulling the fake rock back into place.

She closed the fake wall that lead to the ladder to the sanctuary. She then went to the armory room and took off her armor. She placed the crossbow and arrows back into the racks. She went to a grind stone to sharpen the daggers, and when she was satisfied that the daggers were sharp enough, she put the daggers back into the display case and closed the lid. Finally, she walked out of the armory door and went back to her room.

Once she was in her room, she closed the bookcase, hearing a satisfying locking sound. She crawled into her bed and placed her head on the soft pillow and went to sleep, dreaming of small bunnies and other fluffy animals.

Author's Note:

i hope you guys like this chapter i spent a lot of time on it.
if there's any spelling errors let me know and i will fix it, if i did not space enough let me know.
thank you for reading i hop i did a better job on this chapter then the last one.

Thank you Ironskull for edit this your still awesome.