• Published 21st Jun 2013
  • 7,630 Views, 550 Comments

They Call Me Insanity - Commander Ice



A man get's his wish to become a god of insanity in Equestria.

  • ...
52
 550
 7,630

Maddening Revelations

"Well Twilight?" Princess Celestia asked Twilight who was now simply standing with tears of humiliation in her eye's.

"Do I have to?" She complained. Celestia nodded her head causing Twilight to hang her's and sigh. She turned to Mad Mind. "It'd be easier if you left." She said to him. Mad Mind simply shrugged. "Twilight: you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention. I want to hear what you have to say about me. Be it good or bad." Mad Mind said firmly as he planted himself, showing no sign's of moving. Bright Light sat next to him, her expression saying the exact same thing as Mad Mind.

Twilight sighed and turned back to Celestia. "What was the question again?" Twilight asked, slightly embarrassed. Celestia nodded. "Why is it that you like Mad Mind?" She repeated.

Twilight put some thought behind her next words. "I'm not sure, to be honest. It's a hard feeling to explain. When I'm around him, he's just... I don't know. He's something that I just can't explain. The way he look's, the way he speaks," she glanced at Mad Mind. "It's just what he is that attracts me. I don't know what it is, but it's there. And I can feel it." She said with a weak smile.

Celestia nodded. "And Mad Mind, what do you think of this?" She asked him. He thought about it for some time before responding. "I'm surprised that she has these kind of... Feeling's for me. We were enemies at one point, if you all can recall, so this is... Something I didn't anticipate." He admitted. He slowly got up from where he was sitting. "I need some time to think about this, if it's not too much to ask. I'll be in my room." Mad Mind made his way for the door, followed by Bright Light.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Twilight

As the door's closed behind the mad-god, Twilight sighed. Cadence walked up to Twilight and smiled. "So you had the hot's for Mad Mind hmm? I never would've guessed." Cadence said. Twilight raised a curious eyebrow. "What do you mean?" She asked suspiciously. Cadence chuckled. "Mad Mind doesn't look like the kind of stallion you would chase. An interesting choice if I do say so myself." She explained. Twilight nodded slightly.

The girls on the other (hoof?) each wore a look of approval as each of them came up to Twilight.

Rainbow spoke first. "Sheesh. That's a harsh thing Princess Celestia did. It's one thing to admit you have feelings for him in front of her, but being forced to admit them in front of Mad Mind? That's harsh." She said. Twilight nodded in agreement.

"Well, if yah think about it," Applejack began, making her voice heard. "I guess it ain't so bad if she had to admit her feelin's for Mad Mahnd in front of him. Ah mean, he was gonna find out sooner or later, so ah guess it's better if she got that outta' the way early." Everypony nodded their head in agreement.

As an awkward silence encased the room,Twilight thought about what happened again in her mind and noticed something rather peculiar. "Is it just me, or did Mad Mind sound... Sane for a change?"

The group all thought about what Twilight said. Celestia nodded in agreement. "I've never seen Mad Mind act quite like that before. Yes Twilight, Mad Mind sounded rather... Sane. He sounded like a normal pony as opposed to his rather insane self." She commented.

Rarity nodded. "Maybe he's trying to be a role model for his foal. I mean, if her father was constantly the most insane stallion in Equestria and never acting as a typical pony, it could be dangerous for her mental health. Maybe he's just being considerate." She said. Everypony nodded their head's in agreement. All except Twilight. Despite the reassuring words from Rarity, she still felt that something was off, but chose not to voice her opinion about it.

'That's absolute rubbish. Mad Mind would never consider being a role model. Even for his own daughter.'
'... So what's wrong with him?'

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mad Mind and Bright Light both exited the room and shut the door's to the throne room. It was then and there that Mad Mind's voices began making their voices heard.

'Twilight likes me?'
'Holy shit! That's something I honestly didn't expect! Twilight, out of all ponies out there, has a crush on me?'
'Well,... Sh... Ni.... G..r...'
'Mania? What's wrong with your voice?'
'The girl!.. Comm... is hard....fuzzy... Get away...her!'
'Umm... Okay then.'

Mad Mind glanced down at Bright Light and smiled. "Hey Bright Light," he began, capturing her attention instantly. "Yes dad?" She asked. Mad Mind swelled with pride at the fact she started accepting him more and more as her father. "I need to think about some thing's. How about you head back to your room?" He suggested. Bright Light nodded in understanding and charged off towards the general direction of where they came from. He let out a sigh of relief as the many voices that rested within his mind began to sound clear again.

'Ah, now that's more like it!'
'What was that all about Mania?'
'I told you: your insanity levels drop like a sack of potatoes when you're around her! Without your insanity, I become less of an entity in your mind and it makes my voice sound like static.'
'...I suppose that makes sense.'
'Of course it does! That's why I don't like that girl: she can drown out my voice!'
'I should spend more time with her than I do now, if that's the case.'
'Hey. Smart ass. I'm right here.'
'I know. Don't remind me.'
'What's your problem today? You sound like a clone of Blueblood.'
'Don't compare me to that sack of shit!'
'Well, that is how you're acting! You sound like a little bitch complaining about everything!'
'I just wish you would cut my daughter a little bit of slack here! You're not making it any easier!'
'I'll cut you some slack. But not the child that could ruin your destiny. Don't forget-'
'I know, I know. The more I learn, the more insane I become until I become a true deity of insanity.'
'And if you get side-tracked from your own destiny, you'll be stuck here forever.'
'... Wait. So there is a way for me to get back home!?'
'... I'll explain it all later. Until then.'
'No! Wait! I-'

Mad Mind was quickly brought back to his own senses and looked around him. Question's instantly erupted in his head as he glanced back at the large door's that led to the throne room. He knew what he needed at the moment: he needed answers. And he was going to get them from the solar princess herself.

'What is this attack?'
'What sort of clue did these changelings leave?'
'Who is Discord?'
'And, most importantly, what the fuck is a changeling!?'

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mad Mind burst through the door to the throne room causing surprised looks upon the faces of the remaining ponies there, Celestia, Luna, Cadence and Discord. Mad Mind raised an eyebrow.
"Where's Twilight and the rest of the girls?" He asked curiously. Celestia smiled. "They left via teleportation. Is there something wrong Mad Mind?" She asked. Mad Mind nodded. "I have a couple of questions I need to ask you." He said casually. Celestia nodded. "What do you want to know?" she asked. Mad Mind nodded.

"Firstly, what the bloody hell is a changeling!?" Celestia was taken aback in surprise. Discord laughed. "You don't know what a changeling is? Where were you for the past years?" He asked with a chuckle. Mad Mind snapped his attention to the draconequus. "If I recall correctly, I came here to ask questions. Not your sorry ass. Now shut up and let me get my damn answers!" He snapped. Discord, however, wasn't taken aback by this. He didn't even flinch. He just sat there with his signature grin upon his face. But, on a brighter note, he did shut up. So, he turned his attention back to Celestia.

She sighed. "Changelings are a small problem we've had in Equestria. They are bug-like creatures that slightly resemble ponies-"

"Or vice-versa." Cadence pointed out. Celestia nodded in agreement. "Or vice-versa. All we know about them is that they can take the form of any pony they so desire and feed off the love of other ponies." She explained. Mad Mind nodded intently.

"Next question: I was eavesdropping on your meeting and heard you say there was a small 'hint' that these changelings left behind for where there spies are. Can I see it?" He asked. She nodded and levitated a small piece of paper to him.

"I was actually considering asking you, because all I can tell from this hint, is that it's a song." Celestia quickly added. Mad Mind nodded and read the note.

There is a house in Canterlot.
they call the rising sun
and it's been the ruin of many a poor colt
and Luna, I know I'm one.

That was all Mad Mind needed to read as he gave Princess Celestia an 'are you kidding me?' expression.
"You seriously do not know this hint? This is so obvious." He said with a chuckle. Everypony in the room stared at him in confusion.

Celestia especially. "Do you know what it means?" She asked. Mad Mind nodded. "Yah. It's house of the rising sun. Animals. Made in 1966. Who doesn't know that damn song?" He said in a curious tone.

Celestia shook her head. "Not the name of the song, but what the clue means. Do you know what it means?" She asked again. Mad Mind let his mind do the talking.

'How would house of the rising sun be a good hint of any sort?'
'Makes sense to me.'
'What do you mean Mania?'
'The song is talking about a house. Obviously, said house being where the changelings are refuged. And, since the song is talking so much about the sun, I'd have to say that it's, somehow, related to Celestia.'
'That makes so much sense, it's scary.'
'I get to talk then.'
'Fine.'

Mad Mind felt the controls to his mind slip into the hands of Mania. He began to speak. "Well, if I had to say so, the song is talking about a house, undoubtedly, the house where these changeling spies are being held up. And in most of the song, they're talking about the sun. I'd have to say, this means that this refuge is related to you in a way Princess. So, I believe I should ask you," he turned his gaze straight into Princess Celestias eyes. "Do you know where they are?"

The room fell into an eerie silence as everypony took this in and Mad Mind was passed back the controls to himself. Luna was the first to speak up. "This makes the most sense out of any of the explanations we've heard so far sister. A house that is somehow related to you in any way. Can you think of anything?" Celestia looked deep in thought.

After what seemed like decades, she finally spoke again. "I can only think of one place: the place where Luna and I were raised when we were both foals." Mad Mind looked confused. "Weren't you both raised in the castle?" He asked curiously. Celestia shook her head. "Before any of that happened, Luna and I were both raised in an old house near the castle. We never knew our father. We only had our mother, Faust." The name rung a familiar bell inside Mad Minds head.

'Oh yeah! Twilight exploded when I said that I didn't know who she was.'
'... Don't say that in front of Celestia.'
'Agreed.'

"There was no true ruler of Equestria back then. It was almost like a dictatorship without a dictator. But Faust was different. She helped ponies. They came to her when they needed knowledge, or wisdom, or help of any kind. Through that way, our mother quickly became the towns ruler. Ponies looked up to her. Respected her. Loved her. And she loved them back. She took care of all the ponies only in the town, but slowly gained influence over Equestria. Soon, ponies everywhere knew her name. She slowly rose into power and became the most respected pony in all Equestria and the ruler. She built this castle, created everything, and made Equestria what it is today." She explained. Mad Mind nodded in interest.

Celestia sighed. "I can still remember that house. It was a nice, brilliant shade of white-" Mad Mind quickly cut it.
"The colour white does not deserve that kind of recognition. No offence." He added quickly. Discord chuckled.
"Finally! Another pony who understands the true blandness of the colour white!" He exclaimed. Mad Mind chuckled. "We'll get along perfectly." He quickly said to Discord who nodded in agreement.

Celestia let out a small giggle. "None taken. Anyway, This house is relatively close to the castle right now. My mother was a very generous mare. She never wanted ponies to exactly 'remember' her or 'cherish' her. So, she allowed ponies to live in that house." Celestia hung her head. "But, tragically, it was put on eviction three years ago. And with all the new houses in Canterlot, nopony bothered to buy the place." She looked up again. "The perfect place to hide a group of changeling spies."

Mad Mind wasn't even listening as his thoughts suddenly erupted.

'White house?'
'Check!'
'Eviction notice from three years ago?'
'Check!'
'One last piece...'

"Was the noticed placed on July the eighth? He asked. Celestia looked at him in surprise. "Yes. How did you know?"

'We have a winner here folks.'

Mad Mind's eyes went wide and he chocked. He then slowly began making his way to the door while maintaining eye contact with Princess Celestia. "Thanks Princess. That's all I need to know for now. I need to go check something right now so, I'll see you later." He said nervously as he backed up to the door and passed through it. He then turned around, spread his wings and blasted his way through the castle to Bright Light's room.

They needed to talk.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mad Mind eventually reached his daughters room and knocked on the door politely. After a dew seconds, Bright Light opened the door and smiled. "Hey Mad Mind." She said with a smile upon her face. Mad Mind smiled back.
"Bright Light, I need to ask you some important questions, okay?" Bright Light's happy expression turned into one of confusion, but nodded in agreement nonetheless. Mad Mind walked into her room and sat down upon her bed. Bright Light sat down beside him, her confused expression still strewn across her face. "So... What's this about dad?" She asked curiously. Mad Mind sighed.

"I just asked Princess Celestia some questions. One of these questions were what was the clue that the changelings left behind to tell us where their spies are. After some discussion, we assumed that this place is where Celestia grew up as a foal. It was also the same house that you left on the day I adopted you." Bright Light slowly put the pieces together and gasped. "You think... That I'm... One of them?" She asked quietly. Mad Mind lowered his head. "I don't think like that until I have proof. But, right now, I'm giving you a chance. I want you to tell me if you're or you're not a changeling and why you were at that house." He said.

Bright Light was quiet for a few moments. "So... What happens if I say I'm not a changeling?" She asked. Mad Mind sighed. "I'll have to believe that until proven otherwise." He said.
"And if I was?" She asked. Mad Mind sighed again. "Then, I'll have to let you get out of here. I'll let you escape and... That'll be the end of that." He casually said. Bright Light nodded in understanding. "You don't have to worry dad. I'm not a changeling." She said with a reassuring smile. Mad Mind nodded. "So why were you at that house?" He asked curiously. Now, it was Bright Light's turn to sigh. "I-It was a dare, alright? I heard a lot of rumours from other fillies in town that the house is haunted with a demon spirit fromTartarus that devours any foal that enters in it. I wanted to prove them wrong so I decided to take the dare and go inside the house. I went in, saw nothing, and came back out. Then, you found me." She explained.

Mad Mind nodded in understanding. "How much of the house did you investigate?" Bright Light looked like she was trying to remember that day. "I... Only got to look in the main foyer. That was all I could really handle." She explained in a shaky voice. "There was this... Weird, green glow from upstairs. I didn't want to look around any more after that happened, so I left before I learned what the hay that thing was!" She exclaimed. Mad Mind nodded and smiled. "That explains why you were so jumpy when I found you. I thought you were living in that house alone. Which is most of the reason I assumed you were an orphan." He said. Bright Light seemed more relieved as he said this.

'Looks like she's clean.'
'Almost....'
'What do you mean Mania?'
'How... She... Interferes... My voice... Your sanity...'
'Right. My sanity levels. How would I ask her about that?'
'I... Know!... Think!'
'Some other time Mania. Not now.'
'You son of a...'
'Ha! Can't complete that sentence now can you?'
'You little... I swear I'll... you up when you... You piece of...'
'As amusing as this is, I need to go now Mania. Ciao!'
'Why you...'

Mad Mind instantly snapped back to reality. He smiled at Bright Light. "Thank you for answering my questions. I just wanted to make sure." Bright Light nodded in understanding. "It's fine. I can see why you would assume that I was a changeling. No harm done." She replied simply. Mad Mind nodded and got up. "Well! I believe I should head out." He turned around and gave Bright Light a quick hug. "You take care, alright?" Bright Light smiled in agreement and Mad Mind made his way outside the door.

The instant he stepped outside of Bright Light's room, he felt his paranoia kicking in. He knew he wasn't alone in this hallway. He glanced to his left and saw a tall, slender figure. A large conjoining of animals standing back casually next to the doorway with a twisted grin strewn across his face. He smiled. "Discord, I assume?" He asked the tall draconequus. Discord stepped out of his shadow and smiled more appropriately. "The one and only," he said casually. "You know, I find it rather heartwarming to see ponies like you doing what you do: ponies with a twisted mind doing what they know is right. I enjoy seeing it, you're one of the few ponies who are good at it." He said with a smile. Mad Mind looked confused. "What do you mean a 'twisted mind'?" He asked him curiously.

Discord chuckled. "What do you think I mean? Or is that another thing that you don't know anything about? You represent insanity. The god of the twisted minds. You are, in a sense, much like me." He explained. Mad Mind nodded. "How am I like you? I'm one animal." He said. Discord smiled. "It doesn't matter at all about what we look like, but what we both represent. I'm the god of chaos. You're the god of insanity. We both enjoy meddling with the minds of other beings and making them bend to our will like rubber. You are a lot like me. Much more like me than you would ever know." He explained. Mad Mind gritted his teeth. "I don't like that." He said. Discord looked slightly confused. "What do you mean? You don't like being a god?" He asked.

Mad Mind shook his head. "No, no, no. I love being a god. I hate being alike someone. It makes me feel..." He paused trying to remember the word to describe what he felt. "...It makes me feel unoriginal. I feel like I'm just a cheap knock-off of someone who's greater than me. It just doesn't make me feel good." He said. Discord nodded in understanding. "You see, like I said before, I'm much like you. But, as far as I, or anypony, knows, I came first. We also tend to think a lot alike, Mr. Mad Mind. I hate being unoriginal. But, I don't need to feel like that, because I'm not being unoriginal. You're the unoriginal one Mad Mind."

As Discord said that, something in Mad Mind's head snapped. He felt a deep burn within him and felt a growl rise in his throat. "I. Am. Not. Unoriginal." He growled menacingly at Discord, who just seemed more and more pleased with this scenario. "I beg to differ. You're like me. Too much like me. I've been known throughout all of Equestria for over one thousand years. You just made yourself known... Week's? Month's ago? Aw well. Who's keeping track? Anyway, there isn't room on my podium for another god of the mind. I believe I can represent insanity just fine by myself. I don't need another pony to represent a small chunk of me. You're the unoriginal," he slowly advanced his way towards Mad Mind. "Cheap. Knock-off. Wannabe mad-god." Soon enough, Discord was right in Mad Mind's face. "How does that make you feel?" He added softly in the end.

The flames of hell had no fury like Mad Mind's. The flames of hell would've been an understatement. Mad Mind was pissed. Bright orange flames burned in his eyes as his rage reached uncontrollable levels. If he gritted his teeth any harder, he would've broken every single tooth in his mouth.

'This piece of shit need's to learn who I am.'
'And not to mess with me.'
'Ready to attack when you are sir.'

Mad Mind fanned out his wings and rammed Discord straight in the gut. The two went soaring through the hallway and, when they reached the end of one, they made a clean hole straight through it. This went on until Mad Mind counted he broke roughly twenty eight walls until they reached outside. Discord made a quick recovery and went for the attack, launching an oversized crocodile at Mad Mind's head. He quickly dodged it and decided to use more practical methods of killing as opposed to Discords style of 'shit's and giggles'. Mad Mind blasted a large stream of fire from his horn straight at Discord, who teleported at the last second, causing Mad Mind's fire to only hit the air where Discord was moments ago.

Discord appeared right behind Mad Mind and snapped his fingers to make a baseball bat appear and whacked an unsuspecting Mad Mind on the side of the head. He fell a slight ways before recovering from his dazed state. He rubbed the spot where Discord had hit him with the bat and felt a large bump beginning to form on that area of his head. However, a small bump and a minor concussion weren't going to stop the burning rage that was Mad Mind. He instantly charged back into the fight and prepared to give Discord a real piece of his mind. He flew straight back up and gave him a swift hoof straight to the face.

Discord was sent spiralling downward a short way's away, but he quickly recovered and sent a flurry of eagles directly at Mad Mind. Mad Mind successfully dodged the first few, but the rest quickly gave him plenty of scratches and cut's upon his purple and red coat, revealing soft pink flesh and...

Mad Mind's thought process slowed as the first droplets of blood spilled from his wounds. Mad Mind flinched. He knew what was about to happen.

'The blood! THE MOTHERFUCKING AMAZINGLY GLORIOUS BLOOD!'
'Mania! Calm your shit!'
'I'LL CALM DOWN ONCE I'VE SEEN ENOUGH BLOOD! I'M TAKING THIS FUCKER ON MYSELF! I'LL FIGHT HIM ON THE MOTHERFUCKING MOON IF I HAVE TO!'
'Mania no!'

Mad Mind was a second to late. He felt the control of himself become lost as Mania dominated his mind, forcing him into a sociopathic rage against the god of chaos. He could only fear the worst as Mania broke into insane laughter and charged Discord.

'This is gonna get ugly real fast...'
'WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD SPEAK BITCH!?'
'Mania, this is getting out of control...'
'SHUT THE FUCK UP! JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!'

Discord held his place, wearing a sly grin as he prepared to evade Mad Mind's next attack. But it never came. Confusion erupted as Discord saw his surroundings change into... A forest?

Never before has something confused Discord like this. Sure enough, they had teleported into a forest that seemed to be engulfed in fog. But, something wasn't right. He could tell by the structure of the trees that this wasn't the Everfree, but it wasn't any other forest he had ever seen in his life.

Suddenly, he heard it: laughter. Maddening, insane laughter that only one pony could possibly produce; Mad Mind. He rushed towards the direction of the laughter, his grin returning to his face. He had him now.

What he saw was not what he expected. Mad Mind was in a clearing just... Laughing. Madly. Discord approached the Mad pony wearing his sly smile. He was attempting to sneak up on him and give him a surprise attack until...

SNAP!

Discord winced as he realized he stepped on a branch. Mad Mind turned towards the noise and grinned. His eyes, a deep, horrifying blood red. "Ahhh... Dissy my friend." He said in a smooth, relaxed tone. Discord slowly began backing up in fear of the mad-god who continued to wear his grin with professional grade. "It's so nice to see you. I felt so... incomplete without my counterpart. I almost felt lost. Like you do right now." He said with a wicked smile, his eyes burning into Discords soul. Discord flinched. "I'm so bored right now. You're no fun to talk to when you're afraid. I think that you want to know where you are though hmm?" Mad Mind said with his smooth tone. It was almost maddening how calm he was about this.

"I'd like to be the first to welcome you to my mind. My sanctuary. My little slice of heavenly hell. Or hellishly heavenly. Which ever one floats that old boat of yours." Discord looked at him in surprise as his eye's burned even brighter. "I think we should finish this little fight of ours here hmm? You had the 'at home advantage' considering the fact that you know Canterlot like the back of your paw. Or claw. Like I said, whatever floats your boat." Mad Mind moved dangerously close to Discord and wore his signature grin. "So, I believe these odd's should change into my favour. I'm in my home. Good luck even seeing me. Just remember: keep an eye on your tail." And on that, Mad Mind warped away in a wisp of smoke.

Discord didn't even know what to say to this. This was the mind of the mad-god? It was so eerily calm... Discord shrugged it off and made his way into the woods in hopes of finding a way out of the forest.

'Oh? You want to leave so soon?'

Discord looked over his shoulder. Nothing. He turned back, but couldn't keep walking.

'Ah, ah, ah Dissy. You're not allowed to leave until one of us win's. The thing is though, I can alter this place to my will. It's my mind, after all. I can change the dirt you're standing on to quicksand if you don't play.'

Discord's mind drew a blank on that one. He sighed and turned to the right and trudged onward.

'That's a good draconequus! Did I pronounce that right? Bah! Doesn't matter. All in good time.'

Discord kept walking in the direction he was going. He kept glancing up at the tree's, looking under rocks, searching the tall grass for Mad Mind.

He was nowhere to be found.

'Heheh... Oh Discord. You funny little bugger. Can you not find me? It's so obvious! It's almost as if I'm right under your nose...'

Discord suddenly felt something hard hit him in the jaw, causing him to fly backwards. He quickly recovered, but found nothing there.

'Oh, the wind sure is... Feisty today. Be careful of the tree's. They don't like being awoken during wet season.'

Discord quickly glanced at the trees and saw small faces upon the bark. He let out a nervous chuckle.

'Hahah! Discord, the tree's are loving your laughter! It's almost like it's waking them!... Wait a tick...'

Discord saw the tree's around him open their eyes and slowly got up. They began to make their way to Discord. He panicked and soon realized he was surrounded by treants.

'Oh no. Not your lucky day is it? Too bad...'

That was all Discord heard before he was whacked on the head and knocked unconscious.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Discord slowly came to and saw Mad Mind casually sitting in front of him, a smug grin upon his face. Mad Mind leaned in close.

"Have I ever told you... What the definition of insanity was?" He asked in an odd accent. Discord shook his head. Mad Mind sighed. "Insanity is... Doing the same fucking thing, over and over again, and expecting shit to change. That. Is. Crazy." He continued. He let out a small chuckle. "Now, the first guy that told me this... Well, I didn't believe him. So," he shot a small burst of flame from his horn. "I incinerated that mother fucker. But, he was right. And everywhere I looked, everywhere I looked all of these fucking pricks, everywhere I looked, were doing the exact same shit, over and over again and expecting shit to change. No, no. Please. This time it will be different. No, no, no, stop. It will be different."

Mad Mind sat there and chuckled for a moment as Discord took all of that in. He suddenly frowned.
"I'm sorry. I do not like the way..." Mad Mind got up and bucked a wooden bucket that was next to him in rage. "You are looking at me! Okay? Do you have a fucking problem in your head? Do you think I'm bullshitting you? Do you think I'm lying? FUCK YOU! Okay, FUCK YOU!" He spat at Discord, only frightening him further. He casually walked away from him. "It's okay man. I'm gonna chill, bro. I'm gonna chill. The thing is... Alright?" He checked on Discord to see if he was still paying attention.

"The thing is, I killed you once. Already. And it's not like I am fucking crazy. It's okay." He waved his hoof. "It's like water under the bridge."

Mad Mind walked back up to Discord and smiled. "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" He asked again.

It wasn't until then, that Discord realized his true situation: They were at the edge of the forest. Not just the forest: the edge of Mad Mind's mind. A deep blackness that would compare to the pit of Tartarus lay before him. Discord attempted to fly away, but found his wing's and hands bound. His legs were bound as well. Only they were...Attached to the cinderblocks Mad Mind was about to push into the darkness.

Discord gasped as Mad Mind pushed the block over the edge and pulled Discord straight off the edge of Mad Mind's mind.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Falling. All Discord could do was fall as he fell past, what seemed to be, planets. He kept falling faster and faster towards the familiar planet of Equestria. Mad Mind, oddly enough, jumped off the edge of his mind with him and followed Discord. As they became closer and closer to their home planet, the atmosphere began making itself known and, quick as a wink, Comet Discord was made, being followed by Mad Mind. As the two sped up to ridiculous speeds, Mad Mind could make out where they were gonna land: right where they teleported away from.

The two went faster and faster and Mad Mind proceeded to push Discord to make him go faster. The ground came closer and closer and ponies could be made out as the hurtled their way to the ground until...

BOOOM!

The shockwave of their landing could be felt all the way to the oceans. The crater was massive and within, held the smouldering gods that were Mad Mind and Discord. The two slowly got up and stared at each other. All the rage had left their minds and soon, Discord let out a small laugh. Which grew into a bigger laugh. Mad Mind joined in on the laughter as the two fell to the ground again, covered in scars, bumps, bruises and burns, they laughed and they laughed like old friends. Soon, they stopped laughing and sighed. Discord spoke first. "I haven't had a good fight like that for over one thousand years. That was fun!" He exclaimed. Mad Mind chuckled. "Yeah. That was good fun." He said.

Discord then held out his clawed hand. "Friends?" he asked. Mad Mind turned down the offer. "As tempting as it is, I still won't forgive you for calling me unoriginal." He said. Discord agreed. "And i won't forgive you for taking me to your mind." He said. Mad Mind nodded in understanding. "I believe there is a word for this." Mad Mind said, capturing Discords attention. He held out a hoof. "Frenemies?" He asked. Discord nodded in agreement and shook his outstretched hoof.

"Frenemies."

Author's Note:

WHEW! It feel's good getting this one done! Getting Discord and Mad Mind as rivals was rather hard, but totally worth the reward.

Anywho, tell me if you enjoy this one! It took me much longer to make and I hope you guys like what you waited for!

Look forward for more! See yah!