• Published 21st Jun 2013
  • 7,630 Views, 550 Comments

They Call Me Insanity - Commander Ice



A man get's his wish to become a god of insanity in Equestria.

  • ...
52
 550
 7,630

Date Night

The sun seething through Mad Mind's closed eyelid's was what woke him up in the morning. He let out a loud yawn as he hopped out of bed and stretched, his head still a little fuzzy from the night before. His bones let out loud pops as he made sure he stretched out thoroughly. He sighed as he walked into his bathroom and checked the mirror.

What he saw was the sight of him staring back, but he didn't want to see his face; he recalled what had happened last night and wanted to check out the gash that one stallion had given him on the back of his head.

He quickly levitated another mirror to the back of his head and saw that it had, already, fully healed and did not hurt at the touch. He shrugged as he got into the shower and turned on the hot water, allowing it to cascade upon him like warm rain.

'Good morning Mania.'
'*Grumble* good morning.'
'Not a morning person are you?'
'Never was, never will be.'
'Well, I have to wake up at sometime during today. I can't just sleep all day.'
'True. But you can at least sleep for a bit longer!'
'Oh, hush Mania.'

As the argument drew to a close, Mad Mind focused on getting himself clean. After doing so, he made his way out to breakfast. He navigated the castle with ease, a feat he had never thought that he would ever be capable of doing. He, soon enough, found himself in the dining hall, as he called it. Already sitting there, sipping a coffee, was Princess Celestia herself.

Mad Mind smiled as he sat down, gaining the attention of the monarch. "Morning Princess." He casually said.

Celestia smiled. "Good morning to you Mad Mind. Did you sleep well?" She asked. Mad Mind nodded. "Probably one of the best sleep's in the castle so far."

Celestia giggled. "How much did you drink last night?" She asked. Mad Mind tried to recall. "I only had two... Wait. How did you know I was at the bar?" He asked her suspiciously. She grinned. "Oh, Mad Mind, Shining Armour told me that you two went there in the first place and," she levitated a newspaper. "After seeing this, it even said you were at the bar."

Mad Mind looked even more confused as he levitated the newspaper and read the lead article.

'Prince of the Ponies rock's out a local bar'

He put the paper down. He honestly, did not want to read it at the moment, all though it was pretty funny. He chuckled. "I like the way they put it. Glad I have some recognition out there." He casually said. Celestia nodded, but her expression suddenly turned into serious. "Mad Mind, the royal guard also found a stallion at the bar, dead. Do you know anything about that?" She asked. Mad Mind's heart skipped a beat.

"Umm... No?" He said innocently. Celestia narrowed her eyes. "Mad Mind. I don't like it when you lie to me," she seethed. "Apparently, this pony suffered before getting killed. A clean hole through his eye. Mad Mind, what did you do to him?" Mad Mind sighed. No point in lying. She could see right through him. "Okay. So I killed him. Only because he was harassing a mare. I couldn't just sit there and do nothing. Something had to be done. So, I launched a dart in the guy's eye and slammed his head on a table. Died instantly." He replied. Celestia sighed.

"Mad Mind, the punishment for killing a pony at all, is seven years in the dungeon. Be thankful you have a high status outside of the castle, or else you would already be inside there, serving your sentence," she shook her head. "And there's the fact that you saved a mares life. Apparently, said mare being Roseluck. Look's like you're making friends of even higher status. But, don't think you can just go around and kill ponies at your will. That will serve you a lifetime in the dungeons. Got it?" She asked.

Mad Mind began placing some things on his plate and eating them. "Yeah, I get it. No killing spree's." He said in between mouthfuls. Celestia nodded. "Good. Now," she got her serious tone out again. "I need you to do me a favour."

Mad Mind sighed. "I'm listening." He said as he levitated a strawberry off of his face and into his mouth. Celestia looked rather... Uncomfortable? "Now... I understand that you are capable in... Killing. It's not something I look fondly upon, but it can be a skill that I require," she began. Mad Mind looked fascinated. "Right now, I require a pony who can kill. Our guard is not known to kill any ponies, but you, Mad Mind. You can kill ponies. So, I have a favour to ask; the threat of the changelings grow stronger every day. I fear that their spies are picking up much more than I have anticipated. I need them, desperately, out of the picture. That's where you come in, Mad Mind. I want you to work with Shining Armour and his elite group to eliminate the changelings that are in my old home." She explained.

Mad Mind looked surprised. " So, here's what I got from that: you," he pointed to Celestia. "Want me," he pointed to himself. "To go to your old home and kill any and all changelings?" He finished pointing outside. Celestia nodded. "I want those changelings gone by today. I need them gone by today. Simply, driving them away will not help us when the time comes to have a confrontation with the changelings. We need them dead," she said. "This is my last resort. I wished to resolve this peacefully, but Chrysalis has pushed my hand. I need a pony who can kill, and you're that pony Mad Mind," she turned her gaze to him. "What do you say? Will you help me?" She asked.

Mad Mind rolled the idea of her offer around in her head. "What's in it for me?" He asked simply. Celestia grinned. "Seven hundred bit's with a clean slate. And, if you... Enjoy, yourself killing these changelings, I can give you another mission to kill more of them. But, that's your call." She said.

Mad Mind's grin became an unsettling, maniacal grin as he stuck out his fore-hoof. "Deal." He said. Princess Celestia also stuck out her hoof and shook Mad Mind's. "When do I begin?" He asked eagerly. Princess Celestia smiled. "In one hour. Then, that next mission takes place in the dead of night, ten pm to be exact. On that mission, I must warn you, you will be working alone." She explained. Mad Mind looked surprised. "Just me against an entire camp of changelings? That's just... Not me. I want at least one pony with me." Mad Mind stated. Celestia nodded. "Fine then. I'll let Shining Armour come with you. You two seem to get along just fine. I know you two can pull this off." She said with a smile.

Mad Mind got up from the table. "Well, I need to go prepare for this raid. I'll see you Celly." Mad Mind said in a humorous tone as he left the room.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

'Raid two places of changelings?'
'In the same day?'
'... I need some equipment, dammit.'

Mad Mind began thinking of what he would need for this fight. He wasn't concerned for the one he had an hour from now; he was more concerned with the night raid. From what he assumed, there was going to be more than one or two changelings there, maybe about thirteen or fourteen. He needed to gear up properly.

'Y'know... I think I may have an idea forming here...'
'Continue, Mania...'
'Check out that spell book. The letter 'F' in that book. You'll like what I put in there.'

Mad Mind brought the old note book to him and cracked it open for only the second time. He browsed through the pages until...

'How's that one?'
'Oh...! Hehehe.... I like where this is going...'
'Oh you'll love it! But, there's one flaw with it...'
'And, what might that be?'
'The amount of energy the damn thing uses.'

Mad Mind saw the amount of energy required to maintain the spell. His eye's went wide in surprise and his jaw dropped.

'Six hundred thousand!? How much energy do I have!?'
'If I'm not mistaken, roughly... Two million four hundred thousand. Top's.'
'... I CAN ONLY CHANNEL THIS SPELL FOR FOUR SECONDS!!!??'
'Dude, chill. Look: we need to find a way to maintain this spell!'
'Alright, how the buck are we going to do that?'
'Check out near the end.'

Mad Mind flipped to the end of the book and found copious amounts of notes about how unicorns obtain their energy, how it sustains them, and everything in between.

'How did you learn all of this, Mania?'
'Lot's and lot's of studying, observing and other things. Just read it.'
'Fine... A unicorn is a special breed of pony, capable of manipulating the flow of time into energy to supply for their spells... Holy crap. That's legit?'
'Totally. Keep going.'
'As time proceeds to flow onward, unicorns obtain copious amounts of energy, which they use for their spells. Sometimes, unicorns gain more and more energy as time continues. As they age, the amount of energy they can take in increases, blah blah blah-'
'Hey! Don't blah the shit I wrote!'
'I already know all of this! Except for the time thing.'
'Just read and don't blah.'
'... That's practically it. You wrote some more on the other side though.'
'Read that too.'
'Fine... Since unicorns are capable of using time as a source of energy, is it possible for this to be manipulated? Can there be a spell that changes the way that unicorns (or in this case, alicorns) can receive energy? Is infinite energy possible? Further test's are required.'
'You see? What if we replaced the way you receive energy with something else, other than time? Like, water? Or breathing?'
'So, what you're saying is, if I can manipulate this, I will have a constant flow of energy from this source and, essentially, never run out?'
'That is exactly what I'm talking about.'
'So, I can use that spell forever if I have a constant supply of energy?'
'Eeyup.'
'... That's pretty cool.'
'I know right? But, just something I thought you should look into. Don't have to use it...'
'I need to go. See you Mania.'

As their conversation closed, their was a knock on the door. Mad Mind opened it and saw the six mares all packed around his room, with Twilight Sparkle leading the charge. Mad Mind sighed. "Is there a reason that you six are all here at once?" He asked in suspicion. Twilight smiled. "Mad Mind, can we talk for a sec?" She asked. Mad Mind sighed again and exited his room. "What's up?" He asked.

Twilight had a slight blush strewn across her face.
'I don't like this...'
"Umm... I-I was just wondering if you..."
'SPIT IT OUT WOMAN! I HAVENT GOT AN ETERNITY!'
'...You actually do. God, remember?'
'Right.'
"...Since it's the GGG tonight..."

Mad Mind held up a hoof. "Wait. Back it up. What did you just say?" He asked. Twilight and the girls both looked confused. "The Grand Galloping Gala. It's tonight. Did nopony tell you?" She asked. Mad Mind thought to himself.

'Grand Galloping Gala?'
'These ponies have the weirdest shit.'

"No. Nopony told me what that even is" He said in a low voice. Rarity looked horrified. "You don't know what the Grand Galloping Gala is!? It's the biggest festival in Canterlot! Only few, select ponies get to go!" She exclaimed.

Mad Mind shook his head. "Cool story bro. But, I didn't get the memo. Let alone an invitation." He said.

Twilight now looked more confused. "What do you mean? Princess Celestia said she would give you a ticket in!"

Now, it was Mad Mind's turn to be confused. "She didn't give me a ticket of any sort! We just remained silent at breakfast!" He lied. He planned on keeping his mission a secret, just in case anypony tried to flip out how he was going to be killing again.

Twilight sighed. "Well, never mind. We'll just be on our way-" Mad Mind quickly stopped them.
"Oh no you don't! Tell me what you were going to say. I have limited patience at the moment, and I'll be damned if I just walked out here for no reason! Now, tell me!" He snapped. Twilight flinched.

"There's no point in telling you since you're not going to the gala."
"I'll sneak in." The mares jaws dropped at this.
Rarity piped up again. "You do realize that this is one of the most important celebrations in Canterlot and will be heavily guarded, right?" She asked.
Mad Mind grinned. "That'll make breaking in so much more fun. Now, tell me what it is you wanted to ask me."

Twilight shook her head. "Mad Mind, what if you get caught? You'll be kicked out-"
"I'll try again." He said.
Twilight sighed. "Look: I won't tell you either way. It's not that important anymore." She said, sounding rather glum.

'Wait. Processing possible ideas...'
'Gala means 'dance', doesn't it?'
'And she was blushing a lot...'
'And sounding depressed at the fact I couldn't go...'
'Oh...! I know now...'

As the girls turned around, Mad Mind smirked. "You were gonna ask me to the gala, weren't you?" The group quickly turned back around. Twilight blushing a lot more now. "Wh-Wha-"

He chuckled. "Twi, you're making it obvious! The blushing, bringing up the gala, sounding upset that I couldn't go! Far past obvious." He explained.

Twilight's blush deepened. "M-maybe. But, you can't go anyway-"
"Well, now I need to break in!" He exclaimed. The mares looked at each other in confusion.
Rainbow piped up. "Why do you need to break in now?" She asked. Mad Mind smiled.
"Because, I have a reason to go there now! I'll be at that gala Twi. Sure, I'll be your date."

Twilight's face brightened into a smile as he said this. "R-really!?" She exclaimed joyfully.

Mad Mind chuckled. "Really. Now, what time does this thing start?" He asked.
"Ten pm."

Mad Mind's heart nearly stopped at this.

'Ten!? The exact time that I'm out killing changelings!?'
'ABORT! ABORT!'
'Can't abort! We already agreed to go!'

He quickly brought his smile back. "I'll be there."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"So... Explain why I'm here again?" Mad Mind asked Shining at the guards barracks. Shining sighed. "Were here because Celestia wanted me to test your ability of combat. You'll be going against my elite team. See how long you can hold against them." He casually said. Mad Mind nodded as multiple guards came streaming out of the barracks. Mad Mind counted five total. "These are the most well-trained, powerful soldiers in all of Canterlot. Just, try and hold your own against these guys for... Ten minutes. Begin."

'This'll be easy! Hey, Mania-'
'No.'
'What? What do you mean?'
'I'm not taking over for you to fight these guys. You need the training much more than I do.'
'But, Mania-'
'No buts. Pay attention and fight.'

The five began circling around Mad Mind, surrounding him. He didn't panic though: he just relaxed and stayed alert.

'Shit. Surrounded.'
'Surrounded? That means you can attack in any direction you want!'
'Fair point.'

The first stallion, the one to his left, leapt in and prepared to strike Mad Mind. Mad Mind evasively rolled out of the way, letting his sword make a loud CLANG! as it hit the rock where Mad Mind once was.

'Close one!'
'Behind you.'
'Wha-'

WHUMP!

Mad Mind stumbled forwards as the butt of one of the ponies swords bashed him in the skull. He stumbled to another one of the stallions who gave him a clean buck to the chest, sending Mad Mind flying into another stallion, who hit him in another direction. This went on and on until Mad Mind was on the ground. Multiple gashes, bruises, scrapes and cuts encompassing his body. Blood was beginning to pool out of his mouth and he had a nice black-eye on his left eye.

'Getting all spiffied up for your date with Twilight, I see.'
'Shut up, Mania.'

Shining trotted up to Mad Mind. And offered him a hoof, which he graciously accepted. Mad Mind stumbled as he was brought up, but managed to stay still for the time being.

Shining sighed. "Well, that was-" Mad Mind cut him off.

"Pitiful show by me. Let's do it again." He growled. Shining and his soldiers cocked their eyebrows in confusion.

"Again? And risk taking another beating like the one you just took? Mad Mind-" Mad Mind cut him off again.
"Let's. Go. Again." He huffed out. Shining sighed.

"Very well. Boy's, get to it."

They all shrugged and surrounded Mad Mind again. Mad Mind felt all of his senses at work. He felt the stallion jump before he even left the ground. He quickly rolled only a short way, just enough so the one stallion would miss, but not enough for Mad Mind to fall into the same trap as last time.

Mad Mind gave him a swift uppercut, sending him up a few feet, allowing Mad Mind to give him a powerful buck as he came down, straight into another soldier.

'Not bad. Two down, three more to go.'

Two stallions came at him at once: one jumping in and one running in. Mad Mind had his eye's on the one jumping in, preparing to evade at the proper time, except he noticed something: he overshot the jump entirely. This distraction was enough for the stallion running at him to get a swift buck at his ribs.

Mad Mind staggered back a little ways. He now had his attention on the stallion on the ground as opposed to the other stallion, who was still in the air and landed a perfect strike with the butt of his sword on Mad Mind's skull, sending him to the ground.

Now with a cracked rib and a possible concussion, Mad Mind lay there for a few moments before trying to get back up again, only to have his legs give out on him.

'Ohh... So close mate.'
'Mania. I'm giving you a warning.'
'Ohh! I'm so terrified!'

Shining once again offered his hoof to him and helped him up. "That was-"

"Shameful! I did terrible! Again!"

The stallions were now convinced that Mad Mind was either a) stubborn, b) insane, c) determined or just all of the above. But, they didn't complain. They just went and circled him again.

Mad Mind was still in a slight daze from the previous fight. When the first stallion leapt in, Mad Mind rolled out of the way much later and in a more sloppy way.

He had accidentally also rolled to far again and allowed the stallion behind him to get Mad Mind's skull better acquainted with the butt of his sword. Mad Mind stumbled forward again and into the path of the next stallion who had his rear leg's ready in a buck.

Mad Mind, however, had other plans. He ducked under the buck as it came, making the stallion hit nothing and sent him falling, allowing Mad Mind to supply that stallion with a powerful buck of his own, sending him flying and making many satisfying cracks as he launched the white stallion into a building.

The remaining four circled him again. Mad Mind felt fresh energy burn within him, sharpening his senses much more. Then came the dynamic duo of one stallion jumping in and one running. Mad Mind grinned. He rolled backwards away from the stallion charging him on the ground, fanned out his wings and gave a mighty flap, propelling himself straight into the stallion in the air with large amounts of force. Mad Mind heard more cracks from this stallions ribcage as he slammed him straight into the cobblestone road. Three more stallions remained. They encircled him again.

Mad Mind decided he needed to switch from the defensive to the offensive as he quickly flew himself up, confusing the group of stallions. He strategically positioned himself, so the trio of stallions were soon staring into the sun and blinding them. Mad Mind simply hovered there for a few moments before flying into two of the stallions who ended up in the same wall as the first stallion.

With one stallion left, Mad Mind had one idea left for this fight. He landed before the stallion and, before he could react, he slammed his hoof right under his jaw in an amazing uppercut. Mad Mind continued to fly up, bringing the stallion with him for one of the best uppercuts in the history of ponykind. Upon stopping, that stallion proceeded to fall. Mad Mind allowed him to fall until he was nearing the ground, then did Mad mind catch him. The two landed softly on the ground. The stallion looking grateful at Mad Mind, but not until Mad Mind turned around and bucked him in the chest, causing him to fly straight into another wall.

Mad Mind grinned at the carnage he had made of the training ground as he simply walked over to Shining and smiled pleasantly at the gawking pony. "Third times a charm, am I right?" He said. Shining didn't respond. He just stood there in complete shock at what he had just witnessed. A top hat and monocle appeared upon Mad Mind as he said with his best British accent, "Good day to you sir." As he casually walked away, leaving the stunned Shining sitting in the carnage left behind from Mad Mind.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mad Mind sat in his bathroom, exhausted from the training. He checked out every little cut on his body. He rubbed the back of his head and let out a yelp of pain as he felt parts of his skull cracking. He checked out the black eye he had received and sighed. He had never gotten so... Injured from a fight before. Every part of his body screamed in pain as he stared at the bloody mess of himself in the mirror.

He heard a loud knock on his door. He stumbled his way over to the door and sighed.

"Who is it?" He asked through the doorway.
The voice on the other side responded. "Princess Celestia. Please let me in Mad Mind."
Mad Mind quickly obliged, allowing Princess Celestia into his room.
As Celestia's gaze rested on Mad Mind, she let out a gasp and brought a hoof to her mouth. "You're hurt." She said in a concerned tone.
Mad Mind put on his best 'No shit, Sherlock' face, which is hard to do with a black eye, and sighed. "I know that Princess. I've been hurting since training with Shining."

Celestia let out a soft laugh. "Listen, Mad Mind, we need to talk. Hold still."

Mad Mind stopped and felt Celestias aura envelop him in a golden glow. He, suddenly, felt his wounds quickly begin to heal: his fractured skull began to mend, his cut's quickly closed up and his black eye quickly went away, allowing him to see light again.

He sighed as he began to feel rejuvenated from the magic. Mad Mind smiled. "Thank you Princess. Now," he hopped up onto his bed. "What did you want to talk about?" He asked.

She shuffled her hooves. "Mad Mind, I felt the need to apologize. I know I sent you on that mission, I need you out there, but I also know about my students feelings towards you. I should've assumed she would ask you to the gala. So," she lowered her head. "I'm sorry."

Mad Mind nodded. "I accept your apology. But, if it's not to much to ask, can i have a ticket to the gala? If I get there in time, I can catch up with Twilight."

Celestia shook her head. "No." She said simply.

Mad Mind was dumbstruck. "What do you mean no!? You come here to apologize about how I can't go to the gala, and yet you refuse to let me in!? What the buck gives?!" He exclaimed.

Celestia winced as Mad Mind swore and let out a sigh. "Mad Mind, I know you have a lot on your mind, I know you're preoccupied with many things, you have a daughter, friends, and a possible mare-friend. I know these all mean a lot to you, but I can't let you forget about your destiny," she put emphasis on destiny. "You're to overwhelmed by what is currently happening around you that you have forgotten who you truly are and destined to be! Having a foal of your own was more than enough. If I let you date Twilight and your relationship evolves, I'm afraid that you won't remember your true destiny and, possibly, entirely forget about it!" She exclaimed. Mad Mind sighed.

"Princess, I can't forget it," he pointed to his head. "Mania reminds me." He say's. Princess Celestia narrowed her eyes.

"He's not doing a good job at it, obviously. You have shown no concern for you destiny whatsoever. You just wanted to avoid all of it at once! Your mental voices aren't pushing you in the right direction, you're just drifting, barely accomplishing anything to benefit you obtaining the next addition to your cutie mark!" She signalled to his flank, revealing the two letters that lay upon it. "I need you to remain focused on your destiny. I can't let you go to the gala. You can't become any more distracted than you already are." She said sternly.

A flurry of emotions soared through Mad Mind as she said this. Confusion and anger being the higher ranked of the rest.

"I am focused! The entire, damnable reason I'm on this bloody planet was to fulfill my destiny! To become a mad god! Sure, I get sidetracked, but I never forgot the true goal of why I'm on this damn planet in the first place!" He bellowed.

His thoughts quickly struck him right after he spoke.

'Wow, that felt good.'
'Dude!? Do you know what you just said!?'
'Of course I do! I said... Oh shit.'

Celestia looked surprised, confused and curious all at the same time. "What do you mean? Weren't you on this planet the your entire life, Mad Mind?" She asked.

'This has been: how to fuck up, starring Mad Mind!'
'Shut it Mania.'

Mad Mind, now switched from angry to nervous in a mere two seconds, began to stutter. "U-uhm, of course! I just meant, the entire reason I was brought into this world- I mean, born, yeah, born into this world was to fulfill my destiny of-"

Princess Celestia cut him off. "Mad Mind. You're a terrible liar. Where are you from?" She asked sternly.

Mad Mind was now even more nervous. Under his coat, he felt beads of sweat forming. "I-I'm from..," he sighed as soon as he realized this was hopeless. "You win. I'm not from Equestria." He said slowly. Celestia looked rather fascinated. "Continue...?" She eagerly said. Mad Mind looked down at his hooves. "I'm from another planet, called Earth. It's... Much like Equestria, with only one difference: it's entirely inhabited by humans."

He looked up from his hooves to see Princess Celestia stare at him in fascination. A look that forced him to continue. "I was one of these humans. My name was Connor. I had an average life but it all seemed so," he tried to find the word for it. "Boring. I didn't want to live my life like this every day. I couldn't take it for much longer. I wanted to become something that was unachievable back on Earth: become a God of Insanity. I knew it was impossible-" Mad Mind was cut off from Princess Celestia.

"What do you mean? There are no gods in this, 'Earth' that you speak of?" She asked.

Mad Mind shook his head. "Some people say there are gods, some people say there are none. I... Don't want to linger on that subject for the time being." He said. Celestia looked confused.

"Is there any magic in your home world?" She asked. Mad Mind chuckled. "Nope. Magic, is just a dream. Something humans can't achieve. Same with obtaining flight with wings like these," he fanned out his own wings. "This would be considered a miracle on Earth." He said. Celestia looked at him in shock.

"How do the sun and the moon rise without magic?" She asked. Mad Mind laughed again. "It's natural. The sun has an orbit around it, allowing Earth to revolve around it. The moon revolves around Earth, if my science isn't mistaken. It all just works and we get along." He said. Celestia was surprised at these revelations.

She was still curious, however. "How... Advanced, are humans." Mad Mind smiled. "Humans are far more advanced than ponies. Were capable of building houses that are more durable than this castle. Even without wings, humans have managed to obtain flight through machinery. Humans have built ways to display what is happening in places that are several days away from where you are," he said, impressing Celestia. "Although, it hasn't always been beneficial. Humans have built ways to kill other humans with a simple movement. They have built ways to obliterate cities off the face of the planet. We have built ways to kill, torture, fight. Hell, we've built ways to set people on fire from a distance. Human's, are a species that are capable of so much. We keep building. We keep upgrading. Updating. Getting stronger," he let out a dark chuckle.

"If you thought I was insane, you should see what humans have done." He muttered darkly to a stunned Celestia.

"And that's just the tip of the iceberg," he continued. "I can keep going, but I can see you still have questions." He said. Celestia, who is still kind of afraid of learning this information, knowing that there is an entire race almost equal to Mad Mind, pressed on for more information. "How did you get from Earth to Equestria? You said that there is no magic on your planet, so how were you capable of jumping between worlds?" She asked.

Mad Mind's smile vanished as he stared at her in confusion. "In all honesty? I just went through a door in a tree. It had this weird, dark stuff in it. I touched it and I went into it and I woke up in the hospital. How I got there? No clue. How I was found? Also, no clue. How that dark stuff was in that door? I believe it may be related to Equestria in a weird way. As to why I became a god when I went through there? It was all that I was thinking about when I came through here. That's all I got." He said.

Celestia sighed. "So... You never asked to become a god in the first place?" She asked. Mad Mind nodded. "I wanted to be one, I didn't know how big of a burden it was at the time. But, I get to live forever while ponies have a limited timer on their lives, I have infinite amounts of power while others struggle to even get simple spells down, I get to be classified as royalty while others struggle for social status. This was... Very hard for me to comprehend. I thought it would be awesome, but it isn't. It's tough shit. You've dealt with it for more than one thousand years. How? I'm not sure. It's a heavy burden." He said. Celestia nodded in agreement. "Yes. It is a burden. But, somepony has to do it. I am terribly sorry about... You, in general. You never asked for this. You weren't prepared for any of this. You didn't deserve to put up with the burden of immortality. I'll try and help you out more with your destiny, but I can only do so little. You must try and do whatever you're capable of doing to help achieve your goal of mad god." She said.

She quickly brought a book out of thin air and displayed it before Mad Mind. "Starting with this." She said as she put the book on Mad Mind's bed. It was an old, yellow book, that has clearly seen some abuse in it's time and plenty of dust. Mad Mind checked over the book.

'Facts and Truths about Immortals.'

Mad Mind cracked it open to reveal the yellow pages. Celestia smiled. "I'll leave you to it. I believe you leave in... Thirty minutes for you raid though? You should get ready to meet Shining Armour." She reminded him. Mad Mind nodded, not looking up from the book. "Did you hear what I just said, Mad Mind?" Mad Mind brought his head from out of the book and looked up. "Of course I heard you princess."

"Then what did I just say?"
"I leave in thirty minutes and should get ready to see Shining Armour soon!"
"Okay... Good luck."
"Thank you princess."

Celestia quickly exited his room and Mad Mind was sucked back into his book. He read a nice chunk of it before he remembered he needed to meet Shining Armour in... Five minutes!?

"Buck."

Mad Mind quickly jumped up and dashed his way down the halls. He zipped pass countless guards and quickly made his way out to the guard barracks where Shining and his stallions waited, eager for Mad Mind to show himself.

Shining smiled as Mad Mind finally arrived. "Good to know you remembered. We were just about to leave without you!" He said with a chuckle. Mad Mind laughed. "I was busy reading. Didn't mean to get here late. Anywho, let's get this thing underway, shall we?" The group began making their way towards the abandoned house which, thankfully, only rested a few minutes away from the castle.

As they arrived, the guards tensed and Shining prepared himself. Mad Mind looked at the others who nodded in unison as Mad Mind bucked open the door with such force, it flew right off the hinges.

The house was dark and had a faint, eerie green glow. The seven all filtered in and made a small circle in the main lobby.

"Alright boys, listen up!" Shining barked. "This is an important mission, we are looking for changelings that may be in this very house. We have all seen what they are capable of, so be careful, travel in groups and, for the love of Celestia, please don't get yourselves killed." Everypony soon split up and Mad Mind was with Shining Armour, sent to investigate upstairs.

Mad Mind led the way, summoning a small orb of light allowing him to see better. The rickety, wooden stairs creaked and groaned as the duo slowly trudged up. As Mad Mind neared the last step, he swore he saw a silhouette of an odd... Bug thing. He glanced back at Shining who nodded. "I saw it too. Keep moving." Mad Mind agreed and proceeded to the direction the bug had fled in.

A long dark corridor was revealed with several doors leading into many different rooms. Mad Mind raised an eyebrow. "Huh." He muttered.

"Something wrong Mad Mind?" Shining asked curiously.
"Didn't the house look... Smaller, on the outside?" He asked. Shining contemplated and nodded.
"You're right. It did look smaller. It may be just magic, but that doesn't change the fact that we have to search every room."

Mad Mind nodded and pressed on slowly. The first door was coming up on his right. He went up to it and tested it. It opened with an eerie creek. Shining nodded and went in first, searching every corner of the room. He glanced left and right, soon allowing Mad Mind to enter. He shrugged. "All clear. Odd. I swore I saw that changeling enter this room..."

The two began to leave the room when, suddenly, Mad Mind felt a small drop on his nose, just under the nostril. He sighed.
"Hey Shining," he called out. "I gotta nose bleed." He said. Shining sighed. "Clean it up then. We need to keep searching."

Mad Mind nodded and wiped away the blood on his nose. He held up his hoof to the light to see if the stain was noticeable. He raised his eyebrow in suspicion.

'Blood isn't green...'
'Well, my blood anyway...'

He heard another drip right beside him of the green fluid. Mad Mind slowly glanced up and gasped at what he saw.

Cocoons. At least from the looks of it. Dozens and dozens of massive lime green cocoons all hanging from the ceiling. Mad Mind nearly vomited at the sight. Few things got him to vomit, but giant, green oozing cocoons? That was a bit much.

He turned his glance to the door. "Shining! Come here and look at this!" He exclaimed. Shining Armour soon poked his head through the door and sighed. "What's wrong Mad Mind?" Mad mind pointed up and Shining followed his gaze. Shining's eye's widened and his pupils shrank in shock. "Those cocoons..." He muttered. "They have... Ponies in them."

Mad Mind brought the light up higher to one of the cocoons and, sure enough, there were. Ponies of all ages, genders, colours, shapes and sizes were all trapped inside the enlarged cocoon's.

Mad Mind brought the light back down. "What are we going to do about them?" He asked. Shining nodded. "We need to cut them down. And fast." He said.

Shining quickly brought his sword out from his sheath with a high-pitched shing! that gave Mad Mind goosebumps.

'I love that noise...'

The sword, gripped in the magical aura of Shining Armour, was quickly whipped around at speeds that would make Rainbow Dash get jealous. After all the ponies have been released from the cocoons, they were still unconscious as they fell to the floor. "Nothing we can do for them now. We need to find those changelings and get rid of them." He said. Mad Mind nodded.

Shining exited the room. Mad Mind quickly followed, only to have the door slammed shut in his face. He looked at it curiously and attempted to open it. Locked. He enveloped the door in his magical aura and attempted to open it. Still locked.
He turned around and gave it a powerful buck. Nothing.

"It isss usseleesss little pony." Mad Min turned his head to see two bug-like ponies before him. He held his ground.

'These must be changelings.'

"That doooor isss under our ssspell. You cannot break through iiiit." They hissed. Mad Mind entered a combat stance, readying himself for a good fight.

"Nooow, you will jussst become more fooood for our hiiiive. We wiiill feasssst upon the love that you show to other poniesssss. Today, you will die!"

Mad Mind couldn't help but laugh at this, causing the changelings to stare at him in confusion. "I'm sorry. It's just... You feast on ponies love? That's a bit... Pathetic, don't you think? Why not feed on their hatred, or regrets, or pain? Pain would be a good one." He said. The changelings shook their heads. "Their issss more loove on thissss planet as opposed to thossse other optionsss you have given usssss. We feed off love becausse it isss plentifulll." Mad Mind nodded in understanding.

"Well, if you little shit heads want to steal my love, then get ready for a fight. Because I won't give it up peacefully." Mad Mind growled. The changelings grinned. "Not a wissse decision little ponyyy." They said before charging at Mad Mind full speed and giving him a hard hit, sending him flying into the door. Mad Mind shook off the hit and attacked. He blasted one of the changelings with a spell which was labelled in his book 'sniper shot'. The powerful burst of energy blasted a clean hole through the changelings head, causing his brain to splatter on the back wall. He quickly fell limp and his comrade hissed. "You have killed my friend! Prepare for you untimely end!" He exclaimed.

Mad Mind prepared to shoot this changeling with a different spell, but the little bugger went invisible. Mad Mind heard small hiss' of laughter. "How can you kiiill what you cannot sssseee?" He hissed. Mad Mind searched around carefully and was greeted with a swift punch to the face with invisible hooves. Mad Mind stumbled back a bit. Hit after hit after hit landed on Mad Mind as he was kicked, punched and hurt in almost every single way possible.

Mad Mind finally slumped to the ground, to weak to fight. The changeling revealed himself, finally. "Hahaha! Yoou are weeeak! Ssssooo very weaaak! I will recceive a free meal tonight!" Mad Mind felt a strange aura envelop around his head. He winced as he felt the magic slowly fiddle around with his brain.

Oddly enough, it began to get weaker and weaker. Mad Mind didn't feel like he was losing anything anymore. The changeling was confused. "Huh!? How can thissss beeee?" He exclaimed. He felt the spell upon his brain again, but this time, things went differently.

'Ahh! Hello little being!'
'What!? Whhhere isssss thiss?'
'I'd like to be the first to say: welcome! To the mind of the mad-god! I'm Mania! I would love to give you the tour! What would you like?'
'I musst feed on hisss love....'
'Ohh! Not a very fun customer now are we? Very well. I will change that!'

Mad Mind felt his own mind fill with raw energy as it was slowly pushed into the changelings mind. The changeling wailed and screeched as the essence of the mad-god entered his mind and slowly corrupted and crippled his mind into a very delicate state.

Very soon, the changeling was huddled up in a ball and rocking back in forth, slowly muttering to himself: "They're out to get me, they will find me. I need to hide. But they'll find me. They always find me..." He kept rambling on and on.

Mad Mind chuckled as he went up to the changeling and prepared his sniper shot. "I found you." He said in a dark voice. He quickly blasted the changeling in the head and quickly ended his life by adding another brain on the wall.

Now that the changelings were dead and no pony sealing the magic on the door, Mad Mind easily exited the room and hummed a little tune. Shining Armour was sitting on the stairwell. He glanced up at Mad Mind who gently smiled. "What did I miss?" He asked Shining. The white stallion quickly hopped up and gave Mad Mind a hug. "I thought you were dead man! When the door closed behind me and I couldn't open it, I began to worry..." He trailed off. Mad Mind chuckled.

"Don't worry. I'm as alive as you are," Mad Mind said as he sat down beside Shining. "Oh! And, scratch two changelings. Killed 'em after they ambushed me." Mad Mind said. Shining smiled. "Good work. The boys all say that they got another five changelings, making that a grand total of seven changelings. I believe that's mission accomplished. We should get out of here." Mad Mind chuckled. "I hear you. Let's head back to the castle. I need to gear up for our next raid." Shining nodded. "Get ready. It's just the two of us, so it won't be as easy. You sure you're up for it?"

"Of course I am. I have a plan for this one." Mad Mind said with a twisted grin as they left the house.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

'This is the part of the plan that I'm gonna hate...'
'Just get it over with so we can head back and study the spell one last time.'

Mad Mind stood outside a pair of doors that led to the one room that he vowed he would never enter, even if his life depended on it: Rarity's.

Mad Mind sighed as he knocked on the door. The door quickly flew open and Mad Mind was greeted by a very happy Rarity. "Hello Mad Mind!" She exclaimed giddily. Mad Mind almost asked why she was acting like this, but caught himself after he remembered the girls were there when Twilight asked him out. He was ushered in by Rarity who closed the door behind him and began bouncing in place, much like Pinkie Pie. "So! Can I please ask what brings you to my room Mad Mind?" She asked, although she already knew the answer.

Mad Mind sighed. "Rarity, I have a favour I need to ask of you." He asked. The marshmallow pony leaned forward and grinned a little. "Can... You make me a suit?" Mad Mind asked. Rarity smiled and gave a small hop of excitement. "Of course, dear! Just, come here and I'll measure you for your suit." Mad Mind walked over to where Rarity was standing, a measuring tape levitating in her magical grasp. She measured all of Mad Mind's body and, soon enough, it was over. "Alright! Your done, I'll get to work on your suit. Now-" Mad Mind held a hoof up in front of Rarity, interrupting her. "Rarity, I didn't come for one suit; I came for two." He said in a hushed voice. Rarity raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Two suits? Never thought that you would want two suits. Okay! I'll get straight to work-" Mad Mind cut her off again.

"Rarity, look: I'm not asking for two suits I can dress up in and show off around town, the first one is for the gala," he leaned in close. "The second one must be totally secret. Got it?" Rarity nodded, her expression transformed from happy to serious in an instant. "Okay. Why should I make this suit in secret?" She asked. Mad Mind sighed.

"Well, you see..." And he told her everything. The changelings, Princess Celestia (leaving out the bit where he's from another world) and the problem with ten p.m. Rarity listened intently and nodded as Mad Mind finished. "So... You have to go out and... Kill, changelings at a camp at the exact same time as the gala, where Twilight expects you to show up at precisely ten p.m.?" Mad Mind nodded. Rarity sighed. "I see... Well, what is this second suit for exactly?" She asked. Mad Mind smiled. "If I tell you, that means you have to make it. Okay? No turning back." She nodded and began to say: "Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Mad Mind was confused by the actions, but didn't argue with them. He pulled out a roll of jet black fabric and showed it to Rarity. She looked at it in awe. "What kind of fabric is that? I've never seen that before." She said.

Mad Mind grinned. "This, is the material you need to make this suit out of. It's called Zetex. Very strong, very durable, and, most importantly," a twisted grin came across his face. "Fireproof."

Rarity nodded in understanding. "Very well. Which suit do you need done first?" She asked. Mad Mind nodded towards the roll of Zetex. "Fight suit first. Gala suit after. I need them both done by ten p.m tonight though. Okay?" Rarity nodded. "Of course. I think I may have a few ideas... I'll get to work right now. You don't have to watch me. You may leave." Mad Mind nodded and smiled. "Thank you Rarity. Remember! Tell, no pony about this!" He said before turning out of the room. Rarity sighed. 'I dread the thought of what Mad Mind plans on doing to those changelings...'

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

'Let's try this one last time...'
'It didn't work the other times! Face it: the spell that converts our energy into something else doesn't work.'
'Then I see no harm in trying it again.'

Mad Mind sighed and focused. This spell was a tricky one; instead of focusing on anything in particular, he had to focus on his own source of energy and alter it's effect to allow him to absorb energy from another thing. Yes, it is as hard as it sounds.

He suddenly felt the small tingle in his head as his magic found the power source. He then began to tinker with it, changing it from being capable of absorbing energy from enemy magic, oxygen intake, the amount of blood in his veins, the list literally went on forever. One caught his attention: music. Mad Mind grinned.

'Hey Mania! If a song is constantly playing, that means I'll just receive unlimited energy for as long as the song is playing, right?'
'One way to find out.'

Now was the hard part: he needed to change how his power came in entirely, which left him with very little time to use his new power supply for new energy, or else he would black out and, eventually, die, considering this kind of magic has never been used before.

He quickly switched it and felt power slowly drain from him. Now that he was no longer taking in a constant flow, he slowly began to lose his available power.

'Play a song before you die, dammit!'

Mad Mind quickly brought his guitar over to him and began to play. He felt the song quickly rejuvenating his magical energy, the vibrations of the instrument giving him more and more power.
He grinned.

'It works!'
'Finally! Now, we need to quickly re-route your energy source back to the passage of time.'

Mad Mind dropped the guitar and felt the feeling of his energy receding. He quickly cast the spell again and felt the familiar tingle and changed his energy source back to time.

He relaxed as he felt himself gain energy from time again.

'Hey Mania? I have a constant flow of time don't I? Why don't I have infinite power from that?'
'Well... Time need's time in order for it to convert into energy. You'll be gaining a more constant flow of energy from something like music and the energy will convert more quickly. Does that make sense?'
'Kind of.'

Mad Mind shook his head as he heard the sound of somepony knocking on his door. He answered it and was greeted with the familiar face of Bright Light. "Hey, Brighty." He said with a smile. Bright Light had gotten used to Mad Mind being her father and the nicknames that he had given her. She smiled back. "Hey dad. Can I come in for a sec?" She asked politely. Mad Mind obliged and let her in. She hopped up onto his bed.

"I heard that you were on a raid with the guards to go and see if there were changelings in that house...?" She asked. Mad Mind raised a suspicious eyebrow. "How did you know that?" He asked. Bright Light giggled. "The guards don't pay attention to who's around when they start gossiping. But, I didn't know about this. You didn't tell me." She said. Mad Mind sighed. "Alright. Bright Light, look, I didn't want you to find out about what I was doing because I didn't want you getting afraid. I didn't want anypony try to stop me or slow me down from performing my duty. You understand?" Bright Light nodded in confirmation. "Yeah. I get it. Just, promise me one thing," she looked up at him with pleading eye's. "Don't go on any more of these... Missions. I've been around in Canterlot longer than you have. I've seen what happened at the royal wedding. I know what changelings are capable of. I don't want you getting hurt or worst... You're somepony I don't want to see get hurt. Please, promise me that you won't do any more of these missions." She begged.

Mad Mind was on the verge of panicking. His daughter trusted him, she was an important factor to his life, but he had to lie to her as well at this point; if he didn't go on the last mission, Shining Armour would be left to the dog's and the changelings would have an advantage when the war came. He smiled. "I promise. I won't do any of these missions. For you." He vowed. Mad Mind felt his heart warm when she got up and gave him a hug. "Thank you. I just don't want you getting hurt." She said. She finally, trotted out of Mad Mind's room and closed the door.

Mad Mind's expression fell as he looked down at his hooves and sighed.

'What the hell have I gotten myself into?'

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mad Mind sat upon his bed. Waiting. For what? Ten p.m. It was nearing the time now as the clock ticked on and on like an endless metronome. He sighed. Tonight was going to be a very busy, complicated and confusing night. He had to, first, head over to the camp and kill the changelings. Then, come back in time for the gala and break in to it, and had to do all of this without becoming hurt in any shape or form or Bright Light would become suspicious.

'This is gonna be tough...'
'It could be... Or, you could take Celestia's advice...'
'Not go to the gala?'
'Exactly.'
'Mania, I already promised Twilight I'd be there. I can't turn back now.'
'I know. But, think about what she said! She does have a fair point; you have been slacking when it comes to becoming a god.'
'You're agreeing with Celestia!? Who's side are you on!?'
'Yours. We're both trying to help you out, but your refusing our help! How will you become a god without finding out what it means?'
'I'll find out when the time comes. Now, let's get ready. Nearly ten.'

Mad Mind got up from his bed and levitated a large duffel bag with his two suits in it. Rarity had done a good job: his gala suit was an amazing piece, the colours of red and purple embodied most of it, but it also had small patterns of gold upon it, giving it a faint glitter to it. The red and purple both were covered by plentiful gemstones: the red covered in rubies and the purple covered in amethyst. His fight suit was something that he marvelled at; after much convincing, Rarity agreed to add no design's or gemstones to it and left it rather bland, the only thing that stood out on it was the fact it was a true jet-black suit with small streaks of orange on the legs.

Mad Mind walked out of his room, careful not to disturb Bright Light who was still within her room, and began making his way to the guard barracks.

As he quickly arrived, he found Shining Armour standing out where they met for their previous raid. He smiled. "Good to see you decided to come a bit more early! I couldn't wait much either." He said. Mad Mind nodded. "Yeah. I couldn't wait either. So, do you have a plan?" Shining shook his head. "I assumed you had a plan by the way you reacted to it when I mentioned it back at the abandoned house. So, do you have a plan?" He asked. Mad Mind nodded. "I'll tell you along the way. Let's get a move-on." Mad Mind said. Shining nodded and the duo left their spot.

They quickly made their way over to the outskirts of the Everfree Forest. Shining glanced at Mad Mind. "So, plan?" He asked. Mad Mind nodded. "Right. So, I heard you were capable of holding a shield over all of Canterlot, am I not mistaken?" Shining nodded in confirmation. "Well, this should be easy for you; I need you to hold a shield up around their camp site. I'll be inside the camp. I will start playing a song, on that song, that is your cue to activate the shield. Leave the rest to me." He said. The two soon arrived. They glanced over a small ridge and saw a large changeling faction consisting of maybe seventeen or eighteen changelings. Mad Mind opened his duffle bag and pulled out his fight suit. He quickly pulled it on, leaving Shining confused. "Your suits gonna get wrecked with whatever you trying to do." He whispered to him. Mad Mind grinned. "Don't worry about me. Just wait for the signal," He said, his grin was replaced by a more twisted smile. "Time to have some fun..." He said as he jumped into the clearing. Shining tried to stop him, but was too late as Mad Mind's hooves touched the ground.

Mad Mind let out a loud whistle that captured the changelings attention. Mad Mind smiled. "Well, well, well... Look what we have here," He muttered. "Listen up, I'm gonna give you a chance: leave this place now, or suffer the consequences. Your pick." He said menacingly. The changelings simply laughed at his display. "One little pony? Againssst eighteen changelingssss!? Don't make ussss laugh! You will ssstand no chance!"

Mad Mind shook his head. "Well then," He said, while casting the spell to re-direct his energy to music. "I guess you have no choice, but to suffer the consequences." He launched a small blue orb on the floor. The changelings stared at it in confusion as it began to blare out a song. On cue, a giant shield engulfed the entirety of the camp. The changelings were even more confused. Mad MInd began to feel more and more energy well up inside him.

When the bass dropped, they stood no chance.

A massive wall of flames erupted on the interior of the shield, causing a bright, orange hue to emit around the entirety of the camp. The changelings began to panic as the flames engulfed their tents. Mad Mind chuckled. The heat was nothing, thanks to his suit. He still felt full of energy as the song kept on playing. He prepared his second spell and let it rip.

A small electric field erupt around Mad Mind. This spell, was the one that made the shield lethal: Reverse Electro-magnet, was what he called it.

What it did, was it formed a field of magnetism around the caster and acted like a north face of a magnet. As opposed to the target being a south face and pulling them together, it reacted like another north face.

Which meant it started to push the changelings away from Mad Mind towards the shield.

The sound of screams filled the shield as changelings left and right flew straight into the hungry flames. Countless of them were holding onto something and hoping to not lose their grip, but failed either way. Mad Mind grinned.

'Ze screams! Of ze damned! Zey make such music!'

He let out a laugh as the last of the changelings were devoured by the hungry flames. He quickly stopped both spells and changed his energy from music, to time again. He turned off the music and the shield dissipated.

He stared at the flaming carnage he had created and couldn't help but chuckle. "Well, everybody get's one I suppose..."

Shining Armour entered the clearing and gasped. It was a flaming mess. The tents that the changelings used were no longer than piles of mere ash. Burnt changeling corpses covered the ground with small patches of what was left of their green blood. The grass of the clearing was no longer green, but a bright yellow instead. Shining stared at Mad Mind in awe. "That... Was impressive." He said. "Good job." Mad Mind chuckled, but quickly remembered something. "What time is it?" He asked Shining, urgency filled his voice. Shining looked at the moon that hung overhead. "I'd say it's about...eleven thirty. Why?" He glanced back at Mad Mind, but found an empty space instead. He looked around the clearing and saw no sign of Mad Mind. He sighed. "Guess I have to clean up this mess..." He muttered.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mad Mind quickly appeared in his room again. He quickly changed out of his combat suit and into his gala suit. He exited his room and made his way towards the sound of ponies.

He didn't exactly know where the gala was being held in the castle, but it certainly wasn't something that somepony could easily overlook. All he had to do was follow the sounds of excited ponies.

He followed the trail and kept moving down a long corridor when he stopped. Right before him, was Princess Celestia, greeting ponies at the front. A chill ran up Mad Mind's spine. He couldn't get caught! Not now!

Celestia seemed distracted at the moment, but this was the last pony in the line, he had to move now. Quickly, he raced across the hall without being detected. He continued moving towards the sound of ponies, which led him straight to a room he hadn't seen before. He cracked open the door and saw dozens and dozens of ponies.

He grinned and entered the party.

Ponies were everywhere: chatting, laughing, eating, dancing, a lot of words ending in 'ing'. Mad Mind paid no head to this as he began to look around for Twilight and her friends. He went over to a table where a few ponies in blue speed-suits were found.

'I wouldn't exactly say 'appropriate' attire, but what do I know about fashion?'

Mad Mind smiled as he noticed Rainbow Dash, wearing a rainbow-coloured dress, was one of the ponies in this group. They were telling stories and laughing and one stallion eating a... Whole freaking pie.

'How do order sizes work here?'

He walked up to Rainbow and smiled at her. "Heya Dash." He casually said. She glanced up at him and smiled. "Hey! There's the big guy himself! Everypony, meet Mad Mind. Mad Mind, meet Spitfire and Soarin of the Wonderbolts."

'Don't ask who they are. Don't ask what they do.'

Spitfire (Who was appropriately named with golden fur and a blazing orange mane) looked up at him. "Nice to meet you! I heard a lot about you from the locals. You're the talk of the town." She said. Mad Mind smiled. "Thank you. Now, Dash, where's Twilight?" At this, Rainbows face fell. "Follow me." She said in a serious tone.

Mad Mind obliged and followed her to the far side of the room. Once there, she flashed him a glare that could kill a manticore. "What the buck are you trying to pull here!?" She spat. Mad Mind took a step back. "Woah! Dash, I just wanna find Twilight! Is that too much to ask?" Rainbow shook her head.

"Mad Mind, Twilight has been worried sick about you! You promised ten p.m. It's nearly midnight! To say she's pissed off at you is an understatement!" She snapped. Mad Mind sighed. "Okay! So I was a bit... Late. Breaking in was harder than I expected." He lied. Rainbow stared at him. She quite clearly bought his lie, but was nonetheless pissed off. "I'll take you to her. But don't expect a warm welcome!" She seethed and she turned and began to lead Mad Mind. They walked for a short while to the front of the room where Mad Mind saw Twilight in all her glory, surrounded by her friends. Ah. The welcoming comity. How delightful.'

Mad Mind approached Twilight and smiled weakly. Twilight turned to him. A few emotions flew across Twilights face; pain, happiness, anger, but, mostly anger. She walked up to him and frowned "You're late." She said flatly. Mad Mind sighed. "Yeah. I know." He muttered. Twilight shook her head. "Do you know how long I was waiting for you? Hoping you would show up? Waiting for you to come here?"

"Well, I-"
"Two hours! Mad Mind, two Celestia-damned hours! You made me feel so..." Twilights face turned from anger to sadness in a flash. "Lonely. I though I could trust you! I put my faith in hoping you would show up, but you didn't!"

Mad Mind was surprised. He had never heard Twilight swore before. "Twilight, I-" She cut him off again.

"And now, it's too late!" She pointed to ponies who began to slowly leave. "I didn't even get to dance once with you! You broke your promise Mad Mind!" Hot tears were now flowing down Twilights face. "And now, it's too late..."

Mad Mind was taken aback by Twilights emotions. He never assumed she had felt this strongly about him in the first place. He assumed that the gala was not much of a big deal to her, but to see her now...

'You done fucked it up again Mad Mind!'
'Mania, you're not helping at the moment.'
'... Alright look. As much as I hated the idea of you trying to get together with Twilight, I can't bear the sight of you being upset.'
'And?'
'I want to help.'
'Well, nothing can help me now! She's pissed off and there's no chance at this again and,-
'Who say's theres no chance? There's always a chance.'
'But, the gala's over-'
'That doesn't mean all hope is lost. Here. I'll help you.'
'Mania, I-'

Mad Mind felt the controls of his mind fall out of his grasp as Mania took over. He quickly assumed something terrible to happen, but soon found him gently helping Twilight to her hooves. Mad Mind felt a spell charge. He didn't know what it was, but he let Mania do whatever it was he planned on doing.

Suddenly, the spell was released and Mad Mind was brought back to the controls of his mind. On the stage where the band once stood, was an orange unicorn stallion. A twisted grin appeared upon the stallions face, he had a messy, orange mane and had a horn that seemed to bend towards his forehead. He levitated a few instruments up to him.

Mad Mind didn't even have to ask questions: he knew who that stallion was.

"Mania..." He muttered to himself.
He looked back down at Twilight who was still grasped in his hooves. She stared curiously at the orange stallion as he hopped onto the piano and began to play.

Twilight turned back to Mad Mind and smiled again. Mad Mind smiled back at her and began to slowly dance with her.

They danced in the empty room, the only ponies present were the five mares and Mania, who just played.

The song soon reached the guitar solo at which Twilight giggled. "Only you, Mad Mind, would pick the slow song with the guitar solo." She said. Mad Mind couldn't help but chuckle as well.

As the song drew to a close, Twilight was staring at him in... Was that, longing? She closed her eyes and began to lean towards him.

Mad Mind was hesitant. He knew that he needed to do this, Twilight deserved it after the night she had. And the time couldn't be more perfect.

Mad Mind began to lean in himself. He felt many things fly through him at that moment.

A small burn on his cheeks.
A small dopiness that seemed to linger in his brain.
And a small tingle in the back of his mind.

...Wait. A small tingle!?

Mad Mind knew this sensation. The next part of his mind was about to break free. He needed to tell Celestia. He looked back at Twilight and shook his head. "I'm sorry. Not now." He said before dashing off in a full sprint to the throne room.

The tingle evolved into a small headache, into a migraine, into the most intolerable and painful thing that existed on the planet.

He soon found the doors that led to Celestia's throne room, which he promptly burst through.

Only to find no pony sitting on that throne.

"Crap." Was the last thing Mad Mind said before passing out.