• Published 21st Jun 2013
  • 7,630 Views, 550 Comments

They Call Me Insanity - Commander Ice



A man get's his wish to become a god of insanity in Equestria.

  • ...
52
 550
 7,630

Reunions

Mad Mind was fast asleep. He was, for a change of things, enjoying his dream. He actually never had decent thought's for dreams, but when Mania came along, the concept of dreaming was taken to an all new level. Plentiful colours like the Equestrian landscape, plenty of hapiness and the common sight of something being brutally slaughtered every now and again. (That's Mania for you.)

But, Mad Mind was soon faced with the major challenge of staying asleep: the sun. Everytime he tried to adjust himself for more comfort, the dreaded sun would seep into his line of vision. 'Princess Celestia is either being a troll, a bitch or just want's me to wake up.' Mad Mind thought to himself. Half of his mind erupted into turmoil when Mad Mind awoke and stretched out. He quickly hopped out of bed and made his way to the dining hall for breakfast.

'*groan*'
'Something up Mania?'
'Come on! We do this every freaking day!'
'What, eat breakfast?'
'Yes! We get up, walk downstairs and eat breakfast every day!'
'Well, I need it... To stay alive and stuff.'
'I know that! Can we just... Get there in some other way then walking?'
'How?'
'Oh! We can fly there!'
'Mania, I don't know how to fly. And I don't feel tired, so you obviously didn't stay up and study the concept.'
'Just improvise! Maybe, it'll be like magic and it just come's naturally as well!'
'Mania... You know what? Fine. I'll try it.'

Mad Mind glanced at the feathered appendages and thought.

'Well, since it's an appendage, I should feel it like my legs.'

Mad Ming slowly began testing every muscle upon his back until, his wing's stretched out with a 'FOOMP!' Mad Mind grinned. Now all he had to do was learn to take off...

Mad Mind tried to get himself up by the most common idea of flight: flapping. He started off flapping slowly and felt himself rise into the air, but only slightly. He increased the power of his flap until he was hovering in the air. He laughed. He was doing something humans everywhere had only dreamed of: obtaining flight. Certainly there were airplanes, helicopters, flying suit's and parachutes, but it felt more extraordinary when it was an actual appendage and you know your mind is controlling it.

Mad Mind put another thought in his mind.

'Now, how do I head in different directions?'
'... You remember when you used to fly helicopters in Grand Theft Auto?'
'Ohh. I see what you're getting at.'

Mad Mind put this theory to the test as he leaned forward slightly and felt himself move forward slowly. He grinned. He leaned back, and he stopped entirely. He leaned to the side's and he found similar result's: just lean in the direction you want to go in. A devilish smirk appeared upon his face.

'All systems appear to be functioning normally. Please keep all lose articles safe and keep all hands and feet inside the alicorn at all times. Let's do this!'

Mad Mind leaned far forward and quickly began to build up momentum. He sped up to impressive speeds and felt the familiar feeling of it all being natural to him. After he gained his momentum, he straightened himself out and blasted his way through the hallways of Canterlot castle. Mad Mind chuckled. He was loving this. The sense of freedom, the wind whipping through his mane, all of it was of utmost fun. He noticed a sharp turn up ahead and quickly made the turn, maintaining his speed. His speed kept increasing until he was a blur. He grinned as another wall approached. Normally, he would perform a sharp turn, but he felt like changing it up.

'Matrix style bitches!'

Mad Mind slowly turned until he was about to hit the wall. He then stuck his hooves out and ran across the wall like it was the floor. And the best part: it was a wall filled with pictures of Blueblood. Aww well, nopony wanted to see them anymore anyway's. He zipped across the wall and fanned his wings out again. He was quickly brought off his hooves and speeding along on his wings again.

The door to the dining hall drew closer and closer. He could almost make out the voices of Celestia and Luna on the other side. He laughed. He needed to make an entrance. Using magic, he flung open the doors, drawing the attention of both alicorns. Mad Mind zipped in and shouted the one thing that made sense: "IIINNNCCOOOMMMIIIINNNNGGG!!!" He faltered in his flight for a brief second and screwed up his entire entrance. Instead of stopping right at the edge of the table like he wanted to, he found himself face-planting on the table and sliding across it, sending food flying everywhere. He eventually stopped directly in front of the solar princess who was in shock. Mad Mind raised a hoof in triumph. "Nailed it." He said, voice muffled from the table.

The two princess' both began to laugh at Mad Mind's display. Mad Mind slowly brought himself to his hooves and joined in on the laugh. As it slowly died down, Princess Celestia glanced at Mad Mind. "I see you grasped the concept of your wings." She mused. Mad Mind laughed. "Well, that's one way to put it." He said causing more laughter. The rest of the meal was completed in silence. Mad Mind couldn't take the awkward silence for much longer.

'I'm bored.'
'I can tell.'
'It's too quiet! I need to do something before my head explodes!'
'Then let's start a conversation!'

Mad Mind glanced at Princess Celestia. "So, I heard Twilight's visiting." Mad Mind said. In all honesty, he didn't know. he just wanted something to talk about. Princess Celestia was taken aback as she glanced between her sister (who wore the same expression as she) and Mad Mind. "How did you know?" She said. Mad Mind raised an eyebrow. "You just told me."He casually replied. Celestia sighed. "I wanted to keep it a secret. I was hoping that maybe you two could... Get along again." She said. Mad Mind sighed. "Alright look: I learned what Twilight said wasn't really that big a deal. I was taught levitation by you and I know a few more spells now. I know she also feels bad for what she did, and I admit: at the time, she should feel bad. But," he stared Celetia straight in the eye. "I think I'm ready to forgive her. But if she pulls a stunt like that again, no more second chances." He said. Celestia and Luna both nodded in understanding. Celestia stood up from her spot at the end of the table. "I'm grateful Mad Mind. Thank you for finding it in your heart to forgive her." And on the, she walked out of the room.

It was now just Mad Mind and Luna. Right as Celestia left, Luna looked rather... Excited? "I heard that you have a guitar?" She asked, snapping Mad Mind out of his dream-like state. Mad Mind chuckled. The two sisters thought relatively alike. He nodded and Luna did a little clap with her front hooves. Mad Mind quickly brought the guitar down through magic and smiled at the lunar princess. "I could play a song if you want." He said. Luna nodded in excitement and Mania took over his mind. He levitated his guitar up to him and began to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUbTW928sMU

As the song drew to a close, Mad Mind saw Princess Luna, eye's closed and relaxing to the song. She sighed and looked down at Mad Mind. "That was... Beautiful." She complimented. "Of course, you are the only guitar player, officially, to exist in over one thousand years, but you also have an amazing voice. You seem to surprise us every, day Mad Mind." she said with a smile.

Mad Mind rubbed the back of his head. "Thank you princess. That... Actually, means a lot to me." He said, returning her smile with one of his own.

Luna leaned back in her chair. "I remember... I used to love the guitar growing up, but when I was banished to the moon..."

Mad Mind stared at her in shock as she said this. "You were banished to the moon!?" He asked in surprise.

She nodded. "Sometime's I forget that your knowledge is still rather... Limited. No offence." She said.

Mad Mind nodded. "None taken. So, why were you banished to the moon?" He asked curiously.

Luna closed her eyes in thinking until she spoke up again. "One thousand years ago, my sister and I were the only two princess' of Equestria, henceforth making us the rulers. Our reign was strong, mighty. But," she sighed and looked like she was bringing up bad memories. "I thought the ponies of Equestria loved my sister more than I. She supplied them with sunlight for their crops, heat and her love, while I supplied moonlight that ponies commonly slept through. It infuriated me. I wanted the same recognition that the ponies supplied my sister. But, it never came. I slowly became more and more... Corrupted, I guess you could say, and became an evil entity known as 'Nightmare Moon,'" Luna sighed again.

Mad Mind's expression showed one of concern. "You can stop if you want. I can tell that this was a hard time for you." He said, but Luna rejected the offer. "It's fine Mad Mind. This is something you need to know." She said. "While I was Nightmare Moon, I had one goal in mind: everlasting darkness. Meaning, I had to kill my sister in order to do so," she paused as a small tear rolled down her cheek. "I fought my sister and, in the end, wound up losing. Upon my loss, my sister used the Elements of Harmony to seal me away on the moon for one thousand years." Mad Mind nearly chocked on his food.

"So... You're one thousand years old?" Mad Mind asked. Luna glanced up at him. "Out of all the thing's I just said, that's what you pick up from it?!" She asked, slightly enraged. Mad Mind put up his hooves in defence. "I meant no disrespect, it's just, you and Celestia both look a lot younger than you say you are. I find it hard to believe you're actually that old." Mad Mind said. Luna looked at him in surprise. "You think we look youthful?" She asked. Mad Mind smiled. "Yeah. Your sister looks like she's only mid-twenties. Maybe thirties. You look mid-twenty as well. It's kinda hard to believe that you've actually been alive for over one thousand years." Mad Mind said. Luna smiled at this. "Never before had I heard a pony give me or my sister a compliment of such. But yes, we are as old as we say we are." Mad Mind nodded and got up.

"Where are you going? You didn't eat your food. Again." Luna asked Mad Mind. He shrugged. "I dunno. I just like moving around. And I'll try and find something to eat when I'm about." A thought struck Mad Mind right there.

'Since my entrance was a flop, might as well make a decent exit.'
'Good plan.'

Mad Mind quickly unfolded his wings and prepared for take-off. He grinned. "Hi Ho Silver..." He began. He quickly flapped his wings at an intense speed and shot off like a bullet. "AWWAAAAAAYYYY!!!" As he made his speedy exit, he swore he heard Luna laughing back in the dining room. He grinned and sped up, he and Celestia needed to have a small talk about Twilight.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mad Mind swerved his way through the massive castle, making his way to the throne room. He quickly found the door and landed directly in front of it. Hey, sure he could make another entrance, but he wanted to keep minimal formalities. He quickly reviewed himself and entered the throne room with a smile upon his face. His smile instantly faded as soon as he saw who was in there. Standing before Princess Celestia, were none other then Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy. The girls turned around to see who the new visitor was and their expressions changed in an instant. Applejack and Rainbow's faces both hardened while Rarity and Twilight both smiled in greeting. Pinkie was hopping in place (The usual shit) and Fluttershy... Was being Fluttershy and staying to the back of the group.

Mad Mind's eyes primarily fell upon the apple farmer and the cyan pegasus and one word escaped his lips. "Shit." He made a dash for the door only to find it closed behind him. He turned around and smiled nervously as the duo made their way towards Mad Mind. "You!" Rainbow spat at Mad Mind. He grinned. "Hey Dash. Good to see you too." He said, but Rainbow ignored it. "What right do you have to make my best friend your enemy?!"

"I have every right. But can I-" Before he could finish, Applejack cut in. "Yah sent her home in tears! Don't yah feel any shame!?"

"Can I please just say-"
"Who do you think you are?"
"Can I-"
"Don't you-"
"ENOUGH!"

The final bellow by Mad Mind shut the two mares up quickly. He let out a sigh. "Can I speak now?" He asked. The two of them nodded their heads and Mad Mind stepped toward Twilight.

He breathed in. "Twilight, I just want to say, I'm sorry for saying what I said."

Twilight looked surprise as these words left Mad Mind's lip's. He took little notice and continued. "I was an idiot. When you said that I didn't know how to use magic, I flipped out. I thought that the Princess would make a big deal of it, or think I was stupid or something. But actually, it wasn't that big a deal. I learned how to cast a few spells, hell, even making spells of my own, and I realized I acted too... Harshly. So, from the bottom of my heart," He lowered his head. "I'm sorry. Can you ever forgive me?"

Twilight was surprised. She was the one who wanted to apologize to Mad Mind about her behaviour, but this was something that she never expected. She quickly brought the girls over in a group huddle.

She began speaking. "What the hay!? Why is he apologizing to me? I should apologize to him!"
Rarity nodded. "I'm just as surprised as you are Twilight. I never thought Mad Mind was actually capable of being so... Sincere. Let alone him apologizing to you. And you never told us he was incapable of magic?"
Rarity's comment was ignored as Rainbow flew up and grumbled. "I don't understand that guy. One second he's all 'I don't trust you!' And the next he's all 'I'm sorry, I never meant it!' What's his angle?"
"I prefer not having an angle Mrs. Dash, thank you very much."

The group looked up and saw Mad Mind trotting up to them. "And, for the record, I still do not trust you. But I just want your forgiveness Twilight. Nothing more." Twilight pondered this for a moment. "I'll forgive you," she began. Mad Mind smiled. "On one condition."

Mad Mind nodded. "Name it."
"I want your full trust. Not just for me, but for my friends as well, and the Princess."
Mad Mind raised his eyebrows in surprise. "I can accept your trust since you're constantly begging for it Twilight, but the others... I'm not so sure about."

Twilight sighed. "Is there any way that can make you trust them?" She asked in hope.

Mad Mind nodded. "Sure. They have to promise."

Rainbow jumped up. "I promise!" She exclaimed, but Mad Mind shook his head.

"As much as I enjoy your enthusiasm Rainbow, it's not a simple 'I promise' sort of thing. If you want my trust, you're going to have to swear that you will never abuse it. If you ever abuse my trust or stab me in the back like a coward, then I have to... Eliminate our trust. And the bearer of it." He said.

The group thought on this and took a step back in shock as the realized what he meant. "Yah mean," Applejack began. "If we betray yah in any way... You'll kill whoever betrayed yah?" She asked in shock.

Mad Mind nodded. "See? You understand."
Rarity looked at him in shock. "You're mad!" She exclaimed.
Mad Mind chuckled. "And that's the way I like it!" He exclaimed. "So! We got a deal?" He asked.

The group thought for a moment until Dash spoke up. "Sure! I'll accept your trust!" She said in excitement. Mad Mind nodded. "Anypony else?"

Everypony was surprised to see Fluttershy put up her hoof. Rainbow glanced at her in surprise. "Fluttershy, are you sure?" She asked in a concerned tone. She nodded.

"Yes. Although, he did threaten us with death, all we have to do is not abuse his trust. That won't be too hard." She said with a smile. Mad Mind grinned. He had them now. Fluttershy, the most shy pony, practically afraid of her own shadow, had decided to accept Mad Mind's trust at the cost of promising her life. That meant, that every last one of then, besides Dash, are more cowardly then Fluttershy.

"Alright, I've got two. Besides Twilight. Anypony else feeling brave?" He asked with a smug grin. The mares around him had turned their expression from one of shock to one of uncertainty. Mad Mind grinned even wider. He knew what to do: he needed to motivate them.

"So! Applejack." He said walking up to the farmer. "You've been a... Thorn in my side, a lot like Dash, when it came to who I gave my trust to. Well, now's your chance. Probably your only one. And you're thinking of turning it down?" He stared her straight in the eye. "I'm sick and tired of you bitching about me not giving any trust and now, the day you get the chance to get my trust, you turn it down." He shook his head. "You're either stupid, a coward, or both. But whatever it is, Fluttershy is still considered more brave than you right now." He leaned his head right next to her ear. "How does that make you feel?" He whispered.

Applejack's reaction was instantaneous. She went from curious, to furious in a snap. (Hey I could do this rhyme shit too.)
She glared at Mad Mind. "Yah think Ah'm a coward?" She spat.

Mad Mind grinned. "More or less so. Does that... Bother you? Knowing that you're weak? Pathetic? Incapable?" Mad Mind added extra emphasis on these words as they left his mouth. Applejacks rage only grew.

"Ah'm not a coward!" She spat back at Mad Mind.

"Then prove it! Show me that you're not afraid of anything! Not even death! Show me!" He retorted.

Applejack grinned. "Fine! Ah'll take yer trust and yer promise! How do you feel about them apples?" She spat.

Mad Mind relaxed. "I feel perfectly fine with that. Thank you."

Applejack then realized what she just said and was quickly brought back to reality. "Wait... Wha-" Mad Mind grinned. "Reverse psychology. For the win." He said smoothly. He turned his attention to the remaining two mares. "Three down and two to go! So who's next?"

Pinkie Pie quickly jumped up "Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!" She exclaimed jumping in her spot. Mad Mind grinned. "The mare in the pink!" He said. Pinkie threw a hoof up in triumph. "Yes!" She said as she made her way up to Mad Mind.

Mad Mind grinned. "I'm surprised I didn't see your hoof go up first Pinkie. I thought you'd want my trust for sure." He said to the pink mare.

"Weell..." She began. "At first when you were like if you 'break my trust I'll kill you' I was all ' woah! Risky business' and then Fluttershy was all 'Nothing to be afraid of.' And I was like 'So true!' And now, here I am!" She explained. Mad Mind nodded in understanding. "Very well." He said casually. He turned his gaze to Rarity. "And then there was one." He said. She shook her head. "As much as it is tempting, I prefer to have a guarantee on my life thank you." She said. Mad Mind groaned. "Very well. So be it." He said. Rarity looked surprised. "Wait. What?" She asked. "You don't want to tempt me into trusting you?"

Mad Mind shook his head. "Nah. No need for it. I don't need to give you my trust. Not worth my time." He casually said.

Rarity looked offended. "You think that I'm not worth your time!?" She asked. Mad Mind gave her a deadpan expression.

"That's what I said, wasn't it?" He responded. Rarity huffed. "Why you... Ugh! I'm so worth your time!"

"Really?" Mad Mind inquired. "Explain how."

"I'm a..." Rarity slowed down a bit to think about this. "I can design you clothes." Mad Mind proceeded to deadpan.

"Almost every single pony in Ponyville doesn't wear clothes, and the ponies who do wear clothes in Canterlot are douche bags. Do you think I'd really give a shit about clothing?" He deadpanned.

Rarity winced at this. She kept racking her brain for an example but found none. Until the door opened to the throne room reviling...

Mad Mind sighed at the stallion who walked in. "Ah. Prince Bluebitch. Nice to see you again." He spat at the prince. He still continued to walk in, unfazed by Mad Mind's comment, being accompanied by guards. He proceeded to keep walking up to Princess Celestia (Mad Mind had forgotten she was even there!) and spoke.

"Auntie, I have received permission by high authorities to remove this," he glanced at Mad Mind. "Stallion from Canterlot Castle. I'm sure you understand." Celestia's eye's narrowed.

"'High authorities'? Blueblood, I'm not sure who you're talking about. I never gave orders for Mad Mind to be removed from my castle and Luna seem's to enjoy his company. What 'high authorities' are you even talking about?" She asked in confusion. Blueblood grinned. "I have half the guard on my side. By popular demand, he must be removed."

Celestia gave him a 'you're fucking kidding me' expression. "Blueblood: half the guard is under my control. I have to give them the order to remove Mad Mind and if they do so without me knowing or my say so, then they are stripped of their title. So that means, that whoever removes Mad Mind without my say so, is either stupid or gutsy. They would lose their job without hesitation." She explained harshly to Blueblood.

That's when he began whining. Oh fuck the horrible whining. "But Auntie," he whined. "I don't like him!"

Mad Mind looked at him. "I know you hate me ass hole! I also know that I beat the living shit out of you and I made you kneel down before me and apologize for using a goddamn foal as a meat shield! Honestly, you're more mental then I am. So, I'm fully capable of making history repeat itself and beat the living shit out of you again. Right now." He spat at the white stallion. Blueblood took a step back in fear, allowing one of his guards to cover him. "You have no right to speak to our prince that way!" He spat at Mad Mind.

Mad MInd grinned. "Actually, if I recall correctly, I have every right to speak to this asshole any way I want to. If you have a problem with it, then that's something you're gonna have to deal with. Now, shut up. I wasn't talking to you in the first place." Mad Mind growled at him. The guard tried to find an argument, but failed and fell behind Blueblood.

Mad Mind's grin widened. "Now then, here's how it's gonna work: you can either leave here with your pride, dignity and a lot of your blood or stay and, maybe, leave without them. Your call." Mad Mind spat. The three of them looked at Mad Mind in fear as they slowly backed towards the door. As soon as they left and slammed the door shut, Mad Mind sighed.

"I hate that guy. So very much." He admitted aloud. A thought entered Rarity's mind causing her to grin.
"I know!" She began, capturing Mad Mind's attention. "He is absolutely the most uncathy, horrible stallion in all Equestria! I swear, I've never met a brat of that degree in my life!" She exclaimed. Mad Mind caught this and instantly knew what Rarity was trying to do.

"You're trying to share interest's with me for my trust aren't you?" He asked the marshmallow mare. Rarity face instantly dropped. "I-I... O-okay so maybe I am. But I-I still hate that stallion w-with all my heart." She stuttered. Mad Mind nodded. "Why do you hate him?" He asked curiously. Rarity looked slightly enraged as she recalled the events of the Grand Galloping Galla. "It all began back at an event known as the Grand Galloping Galla. I wanted to meet this stallion more than anything. I wanted to dance with him. I got my wish, but it was the worst experience of my life! He was rude, impolite and used me as a shield for a flying cake!" Mad Mind raised an eyebrow in confusion. "How'd that cake get airborne?" He wondered aloud.

Twilight stepped in. "I think it's best if you don't ask." She quickly said. Mad Mind nodded in understanding. "I understand why you hate that bucker. I think it's enough for my trust actually." He casually said. Rarity's eye's lit up. "Alright. Thank you Mad Mind." She responded with a small dip of her head. Mad Mind grinned. "But I think that you forgot about the guarantee on your life though. No matter. No turning back now." Rarity's eye's shrank to pin pricks as the realization dawned upon her. Mad Mind didnt have enough time to see her reaction. Instead he turned his head to Princess Celestia.

"As for you princess, you already have my trust. I can't kill you anyway." Mad Mind casually said. Celestia nodded in understanding. "Also Mad Mind, I know how much you hate my nephew, but I wouldn't recommend speaking of him like that in front of me." Mad Mind nodded. "Right. Sorry Celestia. Let's just sweep that under the carpet, huh?" He asked. Celestia nodded in agreement. He smiled and turned his head back to Twilight.

"So uh... Am I forgiven?" He asked Twilight. She nodded. "Absolutely. Although, if you do kill any one of my friends, expect no forgiveness." She said. Mad Mind nodded in understanding.

"Now! The real reason I'm here: why are you girls here?" He asked the group. Twilight was the one who responded.

"Were, actually, here to talk about you with Princess Celestia. Considering the fact that she's been around you longer then we have, we thought she might have some more information about you."

Mad Mind cocked his head in confusion. "You want to learn thing's about me? What's there to learn?" Twilight gave him a deadpanned expression. "The only thing we know about you, is that you name is Mad Mind, you're the first male alicorn in five thousand years and you hate Prince Blueblood. I guess what I'm trying to say is, what isn't there to learn?"

Mad Mind sighed and sat down. "Alright. If you want answers now's the time to ask the questions. Get going." Twilight looked at him in surprise. "Are you serious?" She asked. Mad Mind nodded. "I have nowhere I'm supposed to be and nothing to do anyway. Might as well." He admitted. Twilight nodded.

"Alright, first question: where are you from?"

A war erupted in Mad Mind again.

'Shit, shit, shit!'
'This is bad!'
'Everyone: calm your hormones. Let's just say that she's not allowed to know.'
'Okay. Let's see where this adventure takes us...'

"Sorry Twi, but that's classified info. It doesn't need to be told." Mad Mind replied. Twilight began to, already, get pissed at Mad Mind. "Why not!?" She asked. Mad Mind shrugged. "I don't want to tell and I don't have to tell. Next question."

Twilight sighed. "Next question: do you have any relatives?"
"...Not that I know of."
"Do you have any siblings?"
"Only child."
"Parent's?"
"Dead." This answer stopped Twilight.
"I'm sorry. I didn't know." Mad Mind waved it off.
"Of course you didn't know. You're the first pony I'm telling."
"Do you have any... Foals?" Mad Mind gave her a deadpanned expression.
"Yes Twi. I live with forty foals in my shoe-house." He said sarcastically. "Of course I don't have a kid."
"A special somepony?"
"..."
"A marefriend?"
"Oh! Well then, no." Twilight was silently thankful for this response. Mad Mind sighed.
"Alright. This question is going nowhere at ludicrous speed's. Next one please."

Twilight was becoming even more pissed off with him as they proceeded until finally, she asked him the question.

"Mad Mind, why is it that you haven't responded to any of these questions straight? What are you not telling us?" She asked. Mad Mind shrugged. "I'm only responding to the questions I want to answer. But maybe it's because you're not asking the right ones?" Mad Mind suggested. Twilight sighed.

"Alright. Fine. Mad Mind, who are you?" Mad Mind gave her another deadpanned expression.
"I'm Mad Mind. I'm an alicorn." He responded. Twilight looked even more enraged. "No! Not like that, I mean that what were you? What are you becoming? WHO ARE YOU!?" She bellowed. Mad Mind took a small step back. "Are you saying... You think you might've misplaced your trust in me?"

Twilight nodded. "Exactly! I don't know who you were! You could've been a serial killer, a master magician or something of even greater importance! But you refuse to tell us who you were!" Twilight slowly began to calm down after she said this. "You say your name is Mad Mind. Well, who is Mad Mind?"

Mad Mind stared at her in shock. He quickly recovered and smiled. "I'll tell you... Soon. All in good time Twilight." He said. Before Twilight could protest, he quickly added. "Were done here." And left the room quickly.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mad Mind slowly trudged through the hall's of the castle, trying to find something to do.

'Ugh! I'm so bored!'
'I hear you Mania.'
'Is there anything we can do?'
'Why do you think were wandering around the castle for?'
'Well, wander faster! There's nothing to do!'
'Alright fine-HOLY SHIT! WATCH OUT!'
'Wha-'

WHUMP!

The force of the impact sent Mad Min onto his rump. He slowly brought himself up again and got a look of what he bumped into. Turn's out, it wasn't a what, but a who. Right before him, flat on the ground like Mad Mind in the beginning, was Princess Cadence. Mad Mind quickly put a hoof out and helped her up. As soon as Cadence realized who it was, her smile turned into a frown.

"Oh. It's you." She said. Mad Mind smiled.
"Nice to see you too. I swear though, we need to stop bumping into each other like that. Could cause brain damage." He joked. Cadence smiled. "Agreed. But first thing's first..."

SMACK!

"AUGH! What the hell!?" Mad Mind screeched at her as she slapped him upside the head.
"That was for ditching me back at the music store!" She snapped at Mad Mind.
Mad Mind brought up his hooves in defence. "Hey, I had important business to attend to at the time!" He pointed out. Cadence raised an eyebrow. "What kind of business?" She asked. Mad Mind sighed.

"It involved an instrument that hasn't been seen in over one thousand years and how it made song's better then the crap today." Mad Mind said. Cadence decided to shrug it off. "Okay then. Well, see you." She said and began to trot off. Mad MInd quickly caught up with her. "Hey! Can I tag along?" He asked her. She glanced at him suspiciously. "Why?" She asked. Mad Mind shrugged. "Nothing better to do. Can I come?" He begged. She sighed. "Fine. You can come with me." Mad Mind grinned and brought a hoof up into the air in triumph. "Yes! No longer have to tolerate boredom!" He exclaimed. Cadence giggled at this before turning around again. "Come on, let's go." Mad Mind quickly followed up behind her.

"...Where exactly are we going?" She laughed at this.

"Were going to see my husband."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The duo remained silent as they made their way through the castle until they were outside. Mad Mind shielded his eyes from the sun's brilliant ray's. His eye's quickly adjusted to it and he followed Cadence through the courtyard. They quickly arrived at the guard's barracks and entered. They past countless amount's of guards until they reached a rather important looking door. Cadence knocked. A voice, no doubt a stallion's, responded to it. "It's open!" It called out. Mad Mind and Cadence both made their way inside and was greeted by a (Dear god, no!) white stallion with a blue mane sitting at a desk and looking bored out of his mind. As the two walked in, his expression lit up as he saw his wife.

"Cadence, baby!" He exclaimed. He quickly got up and made his way to her and gave her a kiss. It wasn't until a bit later that Shining noticed they were not alone. "Cadence, who's this?" He asked. Cadence smiled. "Shining, this is Mad Mind. He's a... Friend." Mad Mind brought a hoof up in greeting which Shining promptly bumped. "I know you. You're that stallion that Blueblood wanted removed from the castle." He said to Mad Mind. Mad Mind looked slightly shocked. "How did you know that?" He asked. Shining laughed. "I can tell that my wife hasn't told you who I am. I'm captain of the guard here. Blueblood told me that he wanted you removed." Mad Mind chuckled. "What did you say?" Mad Mind asked.

"Of course not! I didn't even know you until yesterday!" He said with a laugh of his own. Mad Mind laughed alongside him. As the laughing died down, Mad Mind spoke again. "So how did you know about me yesterday?" He asked. Shining smiled. "My wife told me about you. Apparently, you ditched her at the music store." He said. Mad Mind put up a hoof in defence. "Hey, I had important business I needed to attend to." He replied Shining chuckled. "What kind of business?" He asked. Mad Mind sighed. "It was about an instrument that had died out a long time ago." He quickly said. This only increased Shining's curiosity. "What instrument?" He asked.

"Guitar." Mad Mind said simply. Shining nodded. "I heard about those thing's. Gone for over one thousand years. Apparently, they were pretty badass." He said. Mad Mind nodded in agreement. "How did you hear about them?" Mad Mind asked curiously. He shrugged. "Hey; when your sister is a pony who spends half of her time reading, you tend to learn some things." He casually said. Mad Mind raised an eyebrow. "Who's your sister?" He asked him. He sighed. "Cadence didn't tell you much did she?" He received a glare from his wife and quickly backed off. "Twilight Sparkle's my sister." He said to Mad Mind. His jaw dropped at this new discovery. "Twi's your sister!?" He asked in surprise. Shining nodded. "I take it that you've met her?" He asked, smile upon his face. Mad Mind smiled back. "Yeah, were friends." He replied sheepishly. Shining nodded. Mad Mind began making his way to the door. "Pleasure to meet you Shining, but I think I must be heading out now. Maybe we could hang out sometime?" Mad Mind asked. Shining nodded.

"Yeah. You seem like a good guy. I'd like to grab a pint with you." He said with a smile.

'They have beer in this world!?'
'Hallelujah!'

"Alright, I'll see you soon." Mad Mind quickly made his way out of the room and was soon followed by Cadence and Shining. "Why are you two following me?" Mad Mind asked suspiciously. Cadence chuckled. "Were not following you; were just about to head out shopping. I guess we'll just walk with you until we get out of here." The two quickly pulled up beside Mad Mind and made their way through the barracks. Mad Mind couldn't help but hum a song on the way out. Shining heard him humming and got curious. "What are you humming?" He asked in a curious tone. Mad Mind sighed. "A song." He said. Shining gave him a deadpanned expression. "I know that. What song?" He asked. Mad Mind shrugged. "It's called Bad Company. Little tune I enjoy listening to every now and again." Mad Mind explained. Shining nodded.

As they made their way out of the barracks, they soon parted way's and Mad Min began making his way towards the castle.

'Well that was... Interesting.'
'You bet your ass! I met Twi's bro! And he's a bro!'
'Yeah. But-'
'Hey, what's that?'

He began getting curious as he saw an old house to his left give off a mysterious green glow. Out of said house came a familiar face: Bright Light. Mad Mind quickly made his way up to the filly.

"Heya Bright Light!" He called out to her. She quickly jumped and turned around to face Mad Mind. "Oh! Hi Mr. Mad Mind. I didn't see you there." She quickly said. Mad Mind narrowed his eye's. "Is there something wrong? On the day's I've seen you, you're never this jumpy." Mad Mind observed. Bright Light shrugged. "You just gave me a little scare is all." She quickly explained. Mad Mind nodded slowly. He didn't buy it, but he let it slide. "Alright then. I'll be seeing you." Mad Mind reluctantly said. He made his way back towards the castle, but he didn't get all the way there.

He turned right around again and noticed that Bright Light was gone. Mad Mind quickly made his way up to the house and looked around. It was an old, wooden house, the paint slowly peeling off of it. (It was white anyway.) The condition of the house wasn't the thing that caught his attention. What did though, was a piece of yellow paper on the door.

EVICTION NOTICE
THE CITIZENS OF THIS HOUSE HAVE...Blah blah blah.
ALL PONIES IN THIS HOUSE MUST LEAVE WITHIN THIRTY DAY'S.

The thing that caught his attention the most, was the bottom of the paper.

July eight. 2010.

This notice was posted three years ago.

'Hmm... Well Twi, look's like I'm not the only one hiding things.'
'I better find Bright Light.'

And on that thought, he was gone.

Author's Note:

I did it! after constant amount's of writer's block, no internet, vacation, gaming and sleep, I finally managed to get this chapter done! And with 7000 damn words! Hope you guy's enjoy it.

I know the "Hi Ho Silver away" thing is from the Lone Ranger, but I still love Ace Ventura and felt the need to add that into the chapter.

I made Blueblood an idiot in this chapter. Why? Because he deserved to be one. And because I felt like it.

Last thing: If you haven't been reading my blog post's, then you don't know I'm heading to my camp in a few days. I'll be there for a month so, until then, my story is 'on hiatus' until I come back.

I'm also heading to my cottage tomorrow so a) I'll have no internet to respond to the comment's and b) have to go to sleep now.

Good night, and read on.