• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 2,034 Views, 163 Comments

Party Every Day - Esle Ynopemos



Pinkie Pie wants to rock and roll all night, and party every day.

  • ...
1
 163
 2,034

28: Throwing Pies [Sad]

((Prompt: All things truly wicked start from an innocence.))

Pinkie felt the side of the dish, checking its temperature. It was just right, cool enough to be refreshing without freezing any of the flavor out of it.

She tapped it with her hoof to check if she had gotten the consistency right. It was; the creamy filling gave enough to wobble slightly with the motion, but it would hold its shape when cut into slices.

With a glance behind her, she stole a tiny dab of it to make certain it tasted all right. It tasted perfect. The cream and sugar were incredibly sweet, but they still would not mask the wonderful flavors of the bananas and the crust.

Pinkie Pie grinned, proud of her work as she pulled her banana cream pie out of the refrigerator. “Thank you for giving me this chance, Mr. and Mrs Cake,” she said around her grip on the edge of the pie tin. “I promise you won't regret hiring me!”

Her new employers, two of the nicest ponies Pinkie had met since arriving at Ponyville, smiled at her. “Of course, dearie,” Mrs. Cake said. “Now, let's have a taste, so we know what we'll have to teach you, okay?”

Pinkie Pie nodded enthusiastically. One should never nod enthusiastically while carrying a pie tin in one's mouth.

The banana cream pie sailed through the air, twisting around as it traced an arc across the kitchen. Pinkie would have been proud of the pie's capacity to hold together as it made its way along its trajectory, except for the fact that it landed on Mrs. Cake's face with an audible 'splat.'

Pinkie's eyes widened. “Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Please, forgive me! I didn't mean to, it was an accident! Oh no!”

Mr. and Mrs. Cake were silent. Mrs. Cake blinked, cream dripping from her face. She stuck her tongue out to gather a chunk of pie in her mouth, which she chewed thoughtfully for a minute. “Hmm,” she said, nodding. “Not bad. I think I'll have to show you a trick for making crispier crusts, but this is good work!”

Mr. Cake broke out in a loud guffaw. His wife soon joined him, and, uncertainly, Pinkie found herself laughing along as well. From then on, Pinkie Pie was a fixture at Sugarcube Corner.

*

“Here's yer apples, Mr. an' Mrs. Cake!” Applejack pulled a heavy wooden barrel off the back of her cart and carried it in the rear entrance to the kitchen.

“Applejack!” cheered Pinkie, bouncing around a counter laden with mixing bowls and bags of sugar.

Applejack set the barrel in its place and looked up. “Well, howdy, Pinkie Pie! How's a baker's life treatin' ya?”

Pinkie hid her front hooves behind her back and grinned broadly. “It's great! There's cupcakes, and scones, and pies and cakes, and guess what, I've got a treat for you!”

“A treat? Fer me?” The farm filly pushed her hat back. “Shucks, Pinkie, that's awful nice of ya! What is it?”

“A face full of pie!” Pinkie's hooves shot forward, driving an apple pie into Applejack's muzzle. Chunks of crust and gooey gobs of filling flew everywhere.

Applejack stood in place, startled for a moment before a hearty chuckle built in her throat. “Heh, that sure is a tasty treat!” she said, licking a piece of apple off her nose.

Pinkie giggled. “Is it?”

“Ayep,” Applejack said, scraping a gob of pie off her cheek. “Here, try some!” She flung the goopy mess back at Pinkie, who squealed gleefully and led a raucous chase around the kitchen.

It was the first of many pie-fights the two would have.

*

Pinkie Pie hid around the corner between two houses. A tasty cherry pie sat at the ready in her hooves.

She heard hooves approach, and her grin grew wider. This was going to be great. Nopony ever expected to get a pie in the face while just walking around Ponyville. Pinkie was going to make somepony's day!

She covered her mouth with a hoof, careful not to make any noise as she waited for whoever it was that was getting closer. She could just picture their grin now, cherry filling dripping off of grinning cheeks. Pinkie couldn't wait.

Yellow hooves finally stepped around the corner. Pinkie tossed the pie forward. “Surprise!” she shouted

Pinkie Pie stood grinning, waiting to hear the sound of somepony laughing or saying, 'Oh, you got me!'

She heard no such noise. Instead, all she heard was a high-pitched, wavering squeal. Pinkie looked down at the pony she had pied.

Fluttershy was on her haunches, tears mixing with the red filling on her face as she quivered. She was not laughing. Not even a little chuckle.

“Fluttershy?” Pinkie said, her grin slipping a little. “What's wrong?”

With a flurry of yellow feathers and cherry filling, Fluttershy turned and fled down the street, sobbing.

Pinkie Pie never played a prank on her again.