• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 2,034 Views, 163 Comments

Party Every Day - Esle Ynopemos



Pinkie Pie wants to rock and roll all night, and party every day.

  • ...
1
 163
 2,034

15: Bath Time [Comedy]

((Prompt: A page from the comics.))

Rarity took a deep breath, inhaling the relaxing aromas of steam and the various oils and scented soaps. She let go of her breath with a happy sigh. After what had felt like an eternity dealing with difficult customers and threads that snagged and tangled and fabric that bunched up in her sewing machine, she had been looking forward to a good warm bath all day.

She tested the temperature of the water with a hoof and made another pleased noise to find that it was perfect. She adjusted her bathing cap on her mane and slid into the tub. Rarity closed her eyes and leaned back against the ceramic edge, a relaxed smile smoothing out her features. “Ohh, yes, this was precisely what I needed,” she muttered softly to herself.

For a while she just sat like that, letting the hot water soak into her coat. After a few minutes that were an eternity of bliss and entirely too short at the same time, she opened her eyes and set about actually washing herself.

A fluffy pink sponge floated in the tub with her. “Odd,” she said, reaching for it, “My sponge is white. Whose is this?”

She lifted it out of the tub, to find pair of bright blue eyes and a wide grin attached to it. “Hi, Rarity!” greeted Pinkie Pie, bathwater running off her face in rivers as Rarity picked her up by her mane.

“Gah!” Rarity reeled back, nearly falling out of the tub. “Pinkie? Where in Equestria did you come from?”

Pinkie tilted her head. “Didn't I ever tell you that story? I came from a rock farm! See, when I was just a little twinkie-Pinkie, there was no smiling, or talking, only rocks...”

“That's not what I meant,” sputtered Rarity. “I meant where... or how... oh, nevermind!”

“Okay!” Waves lapped over the side of the tub as Pinkie nodded. “Hey, Rarity, what's wrong?”

Rarity blinked in silence for a moment before shaking her head. “Hm? Does something seem to be amiss?”

“You look perplexed,” Pinkie said. “Oh! Is it because you're in a bath, which is kinda like a spa, and you're used to Fluttershy being there with you when you're at the spa? I think Fluttershy's busy right now, but I can do my Fluttershy impression for you!”

She dunked her head underwater and used her hooves to brush her mane into a Fluttershy-esque droop. She then spoke with an unnervingly accurate replication of the yellow pegasus' voice. “Oh my, hello Rarity. Are you more comfortable with your bath? Or, um, spa?” Pinkie's mane sprang back to its full curly volume as she broke character. “Spath? Whatever you wanna call it, I hope you're having a great time of it!”

Rarity simply stared. She could no longer un-hear it—Pinkie and Fluttershy had the same voice.

“Oh no,” Pinkie cried, “You don't look like you're feeling better at all! Tell me what's wrong, Rarity, so that auntie Pinkie can fix it for you!”

Rarity paused, licking her lips. “Well, Pinkie, darling, if you don't mind, I suppose it might help if you could answer me one question.”

Water splashed around as Pinkie bounced in the tub. “Ask it!”

“All right, dear. Why, precisely, are you in my bathtub, Pinkie Pie?”