• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 2,029 Views, 163 Comments

Party Every Day - Esle Ynopemos



Pinkie Pie wants to rock and roll all night, and party every day.

  • ...
1
 163
 2,029

11: The Night In Between [Comedy] [Romance]

((Prompt: The day before and the day after.))

The twins were finally settled in for the night. Mrs. Cake gently shut the door and made her way down the hall. She spotted light pouring out of Pinkie's open door. Quiet giggles and wet lip-smacking sounds drifted from the room. Yawning, Mrs. Cake peeked in.

“Good night, Pink—” She stopped mid-sentence. “Pinkie, what are you doing?”

The live-in employee of Sugarcube Corner looked up. She had her forehooves wrapped around herself, enclosing her own back, and her lips were puckered. A wide grin spread across her muzzle. “I'm practicing!” she said.

“Practicing?” The elder baker's eyebrows raised.

“Yep!” Pinkie's hooves unwrapped themselves. “I'm warming up for when I get to sleep!”

The impulse was still there to ask what was meant by that, but years of living under a roof with Pinkie Pie had taught Mrs. Cake that those sorts of questions were usually fruitless. She adopted a supportive smile. “Okay, dearie, just make sure to warm up quietly. You don't want to wake the twins.”

“Will do! Good night, Mrs. Cake!” Pinkie went back to puckering her lips and hugging herself. “Mm, your mane is so soft and sparkly,” she murmured, closing her eyes.

Mrs. Cake shut the door and shrugged. It was another curious incident to be filed under the heading of 'Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie.'

*

Princess Celestia glanced over her morning cup of coffee. Her brow arched in a graceful curve.

Across the table from her, Luna hummed a soft tune to her bowl of oats. Her head swayed ever so slightly to some tune it seemed only she could hear. Her horn glowed gently as she lifted a spoonful to her mouth.

“Mm, these oats are fine indeed this morning!” she proclaimed, raising her spoon skywards in emphasis. “We must convey our compliments to the royal chef!”

Celestia took another sip of her coffee. “The kitchen staff does excellent work,” she agreed. “Did you have a good night, my sister?”

None but Luna's own sister would have spotted the faint blush beneath her dark cheeks. “Indeed we did, sister. We must thank you for encouraging us to resume our nightly dreamwalking.”

A knowing grin spread across Celestia's muzzle. “Aha. Well, it is good to see you in such a good mood this morning. Were last night's ventures anything your elder sister might be privy to?”

It did not require the immortal eyes of Celestia to catch the blush that graced Luna's face this time. She coughed into her hoof and stood up. “We must find the royal chef and thank him for a most delicious breakfast!”