• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 2,029 Views, 163 Comments

Party Every Day - Esle Ynopemos



Pinkie Pie wants to rock and roll all night, and party every day.

  • ...
1
 163
 2,029

1.5: Recipe For Love [Romance]

((Prompt: Apple Pie.))

Two and a half pounds of sliced apples.

Applejack let the sliced apples simmer on the stove. She didn't want to leave them on for too long, just enough to get them good and soft. She hummed to herself as she gathered the rest of her ingredients together on the counter.

Three cups of flour.

She kneaded the dough, careful not to let it stick to her hooves. Applejack smoothed it into a flat sheet and put it into the round pan. She crimped the dough on the edges to leave a nicely ruffled crust.

Three quarters cups sugar.

The timer dinged, and Applejack slid the pot off of the stove. She let the apples drain before adding the sugar and cinnamon to them. The filling congealed into a crusty, juicy goo. Applejack grinned as she dumped it into the pan and put the remaining strips of dough in a criss-cross pattern over the top.

Bake until crust is golden brown.

Applejack cleaned up the kitchen while she waited for the pie to bake. She damped a rag and wiped down all the counter tops. All of the dishes and measuring cups were piled into the sink and doused in suds. She continued humming as she scrubbed the spoons and bowls.

Leave out until cool.

Applejack caught her sister's attention as she ran through the fields with her friends. She gave the filly enough bits to buy some cupcakes for the three of them, and sent her into town with a note to give to Pinkie when they got to Sugarcube Corner. She leaned against the windowsill, taking a deep breath of the pie's rich scent as she watched the fillies race each other down the road to Ponyville.

Enjoy with friends or family.

Pinkie arrived at Sweet Apple Acres. “Hello?” she said, slowing to a trot as she approached the front door of the farmhouse. “Applejack? You said you wanted to see me?” There was no answer. She found a note pinned to the door.

“Meet me in the north field,” she read aloud. A grin spread across her face. “Ooh, a game!” Pinkie began bouncing off into the north field.

The north field, much like the east, west and south fields, consisted of rows upon rows of apple trees. On the second row in, Pinkie found another note. “Left three trees,” she read. “One, two, three.”

There was another note folded on the ground at the base of this tree. Pinkie bent down to nose it open. “Look... up?”

As Pinkie's eyes raised, an apple pie fell from the branches above, guided towards her face by orange hooves. Gooey chunks of fruit filling and crispy crust spattered all over her pink coat. “Surprise, sugarcube!”

Pinkie blinked in surprise for a moment, a piece of apple dripping from her chin as she stared at Applejack, who hung from a branch of her tree with a broad grin on her face. A giggle built up in Pinkie's throat, and her lips spread into a matching smile.

“Omigosh, I've been apple-pied!” she exclaimed. Pinkie stuck her tongue out and managed to clear a significant portion of the pie from her face in one wet slurp. “Mmm, delicious!”

Applejack darted forward and licked away a spot Pinkie had missed on her cheek. “Happy one-month anniversary, hon.”

Author's Note:

Wait, 1.5? What's the deal, Esle? This has the same prompt as the first chapter!

I wrote two stories for this prompt, because I had the incredible fortune of getting Apple Pie for my first prompt after starting on Pinkie Pie. Anyone who knows me knows I absolutely adore Apple Pie, and I got the prompt for it just as I was able to do something with it! I had to do something special for the opportunity.