• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 2,034 Views, 163 Comments

Party Every Day - Esle Ynopemos



Pinkie Pie wants to rock and roll all night, and party every day.

  • ...
1
 163
 2,034

25: Loud [Comedy]

((Prompt: The minotaurs are coming.))

“...So, the moment I walk into the room, they all go silent.” Rarity stood in the doorway of Sugarcube Corner, half of a croissant held aloft in her magic as she shared the latest gossip with Pinkie Pie.

For her part, Pinkie Pie listened as best she could while still darting around the shop keeping the tables clean and everypony's water glasses full. “Are you sure you don't want to sit down, Rarity?” she asked, balancing a tray of danishes bound for the corner booth.

“Thank you, darling, but I don't have the time,” Rarity replied, taking another small bite of her croissant. She had been standing at the doorway without the time to sit down for the past half hour. “Now where was I? Ah yes, I walked into the room, and they all went silent. Jet Set coughed into his hoof. So I looked right at him, and I said...”

Ear-flop, eye-flutter, knee-twitch. Without warning, Pinkie pulled Rarity out of the way just as the door slammed open with enough force to make the hinges groan.

In stepped a massive blue figure. He towered over the ponies inside the bakery, his horns nearly scraping the ceiling above him. Pinkie Pie did not want to subscribe to the old misinformed saying that all minotaurs looked alike, but really the only way she could think to describe this creature was like that Iron Will character Fluttershy had dealt with once, but with a few gray streaks in his mane and a squarish pair of glasses resting on his muzzle.

The middle-aged businessman version of Iron Will raised his thick arm in an emphatic pose and jammed a thumb at his wide chest. “Hello!” he shouted in an intense tone of voice that did nothing to disprove the theory that he was Iron Will aged a few decades. “I am Will Power, and this is my lovely wife, Willow!”

He gestured behind himself to another minotaur that could best be described as Iron Will with a pearl necklace and flower-shaped earrings. “Hello!” She waved and spoke in the exact same voice.

Will Power pointed at the counter. “We are in town to see our son's assertiveness seminar, and have decided to grab some grub before we go! What is good here?”

Pinkie rubbed her ear, trying to get the ringing to stop as she gave the minotaurs a bright smile. “Well, today we have some fresh blueberry scones that are really—”

“WE ARE HERE TO ATTEND IRON WILL'S SEMINAR, AS WELL!” A few tables flipped to the ground as the Canterlot Royal Voice rang out from the other end of Sugarcube Corner. Princess Luna stood up, waving a muffin. “HIS CAN-DO ATTITUDE IS OF GREAT ASSISTANCE TO OUR INTEGRATION INTO MODERN CULTURE!”

Rarity let out a squeal. “Princess Luna! How did I not know you were here until now??”

“BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ASSERTIVE ENOUGH!” Luna stamped a hoof on the tile floor. “ALSO, BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN WEARING THIS HAT IN ORDER TO REMAIN INCOGNITO!” She held up a wide-brimmed sun-hat and a pair of sunglasses.

“Oh, Princess, that is such a darling ensemble!”

Pinkie Pie glanced nervously up the stairs. “Uh, everypony? And everyminotaur? Maybe we should turn it down just a little. Mrs. Cake is upstairs with the twins, and—”

“So, you have attended some of Iron Will's sessions before!” Will Power grinned broadly. “What do you think of his methods?”

“HE IS MOST INSPIRING! I ADMIRE HIS SUBTLE WORD-PLAY! 'IF SOMEONE TRIES TO BLOCK SHOW THEM—”

From the second floor, a door could be heard slamming. Down the stairs stormed Mrs. Cake, dark circles under her eyes and a ferocious scowl on her face. She glared dangerously at the noisy patrons, her voice coming in a low, angry growl. “The foals have been up all night, and I just got them to sleep! If any of you wake them up, so help me there will be Tartarus to pay! Is that understood?”

Will Power slowly raised his hand.

Mrs. Cake's eyes narrowed on him. “Yes?”

He cleared his throat. “Can I have a blueberry scone, please?”

Upstairs, a pair of small voices started crying. Mrs. Cake's eye twitched.

Precisely how a middle-aged earth pony mare was able to drag two minotaurs, a princess, and a fashionista out of the door by their ears simultaneously was a question that would haunt scholars for decades. Before the front door of the bakery slammed on the noisome heap, a single blueberry scone was thrown, impaling itself on a sharp, curved horn.