• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 2,034 Views, 163 Comments

Party Every Day - Esle Ynopemos



Pinkie Pie wants to rock and roll all night, and party every day.

  • ...
1
 163
 2,034

2: Dr. Pie [Slice of Life] [Comedy]

((Prompt: Twilight experiments on Pinkie.))

Subject displays symptoms of unhappiness. Corners of mouth affected by gravity more significantly than rest of body. Eyebrows attracted to center of face. Left eyelid affected by occasional twitch. Overall effect not unlike the face a pony would make after eating a lemon whole.

Two possible preliminary prognoses: One, subject has ingested whole lemon. Two, subject is afflicted with a severe case of the grumps.

Beginning diagnostics to check for lemon consumption. Breath negative for citric smells. May need to recommend improved oral hygiene to subject. Upon opening subject's mouth for inspection, no traces of lemon-rind found. Also almost had hoof bitten off. Mouth too small and cute to have swallowed lemon without chewing, unless it was a very small lemon.

...Possible, but unlikely. More likely a grumps infection. Seeking verbal confirmation.

“Hey Twilight, did you eat a really tiny lemon? Because you look like you might have eaten a lemon.”

Eyelid twitch still present. “What do you think?”

Subject does not give clear response one way or the other. Will begin treatment for grumps, have backup plan ready in case of tiny lemons.

Begin phase one of grumps treatment. If face can be manually reset to smiley-wiley mode, rest of symptoms of grumps usually will disappear.

Manual modifications to facial expression do not take. Snarled lips stretched too firmly into frown for hooves to move into recommended position. Was afraid of this; grumps have advanced into grumpy-pants stage. Will have to take drastic measures.

“Hey, Twilight! What do you call the Cake twins when they're upset? Crab-Cakes! Get it?”

Subject still unresponsive. Possibly descending further into grumpy-pants syndrome.

“Twi? Twilight?”

Subject beginning to growl.

“Twilight, are you angry?”

“What tipped you off, Pinkie?”

Begin sharing diagnostic process with subject.

Subject interrupts at the part about little lemons. “Yes! Yes, I am angry, Pinkie!”

Grumps diagnostic confirmed! But too early to celebrate just yet. Subject has remained resistant to traditional cures so far. At this point, even a cake might not be enough to restore healthy levels of giggles and grins. With nothing left to fall back on, it is time to go into untested treatment options and hope for the best.

“Twilight... I'm sorry for breaking your expensive science-thingy.”

“And?”

“And... and for arranging the pieces into a found-object sculpture of a pony licking an ice-cream cone.”

“And?”

“And I'll help you and Spike clean it up and work on paying off a new one for you.”

Success! Subject's face losing frowny-wowniness, and is offering a hug! “You don't have to pay for a new one, Pinkie. But you need to be careful with the things you find down here. Some of this stuff can be very dangerous if not handled properly. You could have been hurt.”