• Published 14th Feb 2012
  • 1,437 Views, 13 Comments

The Alicorn of the Stars - mushrumluver



Twilight meets a strange pony named Ovan... who is he and what is his significance to the The Legend

  • ...
6
 13
 1,437

Chapter7- Dragonshire Manor

The Alicorn of the Stars
Chapter 7 – Dragonshire Manor

It was already the middle of the morning when Rarity was able to reach the vicinity of Dragonshire manor. Not able to contain her excitement, she gazes over the vast lush green fields with several earth ponies toiling and tending the lands with the sun’s warm blanket of light covering the entire field. She turned her focus towards the front and little by little she sees her destination. Taking deep breathe, she can still recall the events that took place during the Baron’s visit in her boutique back in Ponyville like they were still happening at this very moment flashing within her mind.



Chaos, one word to accurately describe Carousel Boutique not to mention Rarity’s appearance at that time, as she sorts out her entire collection from her concept designs, inspirational sketches and first drafts, to her finished and displayed ensembles. As the sun moved towards the middle of the blue sky, Rarity was still busy mixing and matching her best designs to their respective accessories and keeping the ones “not worthy” to be displayed for such an important pony.
Not far from the boutique, a noble-looking pony wearing a red suit on accompanied by two other similar looking ponies except that one is meek-looking while the other one was rather stern. “We should have come here with the carriage.” The meek looking pony said.


“It’s the master’s request that we should come here without being noticed, and as his personal attendant, we should always adhere to the master’s words and request.” The stern looking pony reprimanded the selfish behavior of his fellow attendant.

“Whatever you say Scaleful.” The meek one answered back.

“Iz zis really ze vay Scaleful?” the noble pony asked the two.

“Yes, milord. I’m very sure of it. Spineles made sure of the directions before we get here.” Scaleful replied.

“Certainly I did Lord Draco sir…” Spineles nodding nervously and feverously. “And look! There it is!” Spineles pointing the certain boutique they were looking for.


“Whew!” Rarity finally relieved while doing the final touches to her shop and ready to present it to the Baron. “If everything goes well, my popularity throughout Equestria will surely shoot out through the roof.” Rarity can help but feel optimistic and excited as she fills out every nook and cranny of her shelves, ceiling and walls with décor and lining up her best dresses fitted out in several foam mannequins.

“Knock, Knock, Knock” the door thumped. Rarity, with no time to spare, quickly brushed her mane and putted some powder and make-up to hide the exhaustion in her face. Channeling her magic, she opened the door showing her esteemed guest upfront.

As Draco entered the shop and looks around the decors the dresses, Rarity can’t help herself but put on a nervous grin as beads of cold sweat runs down through her neck. She froze like ice as Draco finally approached her. She nervously stares at the glistening golden stallion, his neatly combed sleek jet black mane with streaks of red and his emerald left eye that shines like its gemstone counterpart but his right eye is covered with an opaque monocle covering the entire eye.

“G-g-good m-morning, Baron D-draco… W-what can I do for y-you?” Rarity stutters.

“Guten Morgen, Miss Rarity I presume.” Draco greeted Rarity as he reaches for Rarity’s hoof and kisses it as a form of courtesy. “It’z a pleasure to meet you.”

“Oh!” Rarity taken aback by Draco’s gesture and at the same time, shattering the ice that was constricting Rarity’s mind. “You can just call me Rarity.”

“Forgive me on my sudden actions, but zis how my family taught me on how to greet mares, especially beautiful mares such as yourself.” Draco raising his head and apologizing yet he still keeps his noble and charming demeanor.

“You flatterer you…” Rarity flushed. “I bet you say to that to every mare you meet.”

Draco chuckles in response to Rarity’s words, after a brief pause, Draco changes the mood of the conversation “so shall ve get on to businez?”

“I’m really sorry, I was so nervous and all.” Rarity apologized as she nearly forgot the purpose of the Baron’s visit to her boutique. “Follow me” Rarity leads Draco further inside showing him her entire display from her latest works to her best of the bests, including the gowns she designed for her friends for the Grand Galloping Gala they once attended.

“Zis dress, I knew I recognized it somever.” Draco points out while he was looking over a certain pink gown with various jewels adorned all over the lower half.

“Oh this? I consider this as one of my masterpieces.” Rarity proudly presenting the dress she made for the Gala.

“I think I saw it ze Gala, if I was not mistaken.” Draco said. “I saw Blueblood together with a mare dressed in this. poor mare...”as he looked pitiful over the fate of that mare together with Prince Blueblood at the Gala last time

“I don’t want to talk about that.” Rarity shrugged off the question. “With all due respect and all,but there some things that are best kept private right?”

“Zat’s okay, you’re not ze first mare zu be ticked off by zat royal pain.” Draco chuckles . “Anycase, I have seen most of your works, I vould say that Herr Hoity vas right about you. “ Draco reaching out a letter marked with his seal out of his coat.

“Here, come zu my manor tomorrow and ve shall discuss the details of vat you vill do.” Draco said as he placed the roll of paper on Rarity’s hoof. “Present zis to ze guards they know vat to do.”



By the time Rarity finished her flashback, the carriage was already on arrived in front of the massive structure.

As soon as Rarity’s stepped outside the carriage, she stood in awe in front of the majestic structure. The air of majesty and nobility swooped down on Rarity like an eagle striking down it prey.

As Rarity finally went back to reality, she saw an orange earth pony standing in front of the door. His butler attire immediately gave away his role, yet he still stands tall and proud for his role.

“Ah, you must be Miss Rarity, the Baron is expecting you, and just in time for lunch.” Scaleful greeted the mare as he takes out his pocket watch and glances over the time. “Follow me.” Scaleful goes inside with Rarity follow him from behind.


As they went inside, her expectations didn’t betray her. As it was majestic on the outside, it is more grand and stunning in the inside. Although not as grandeur and majestic as the Canterlot Castle, it was still awe-inspiring. The walls are adorned with emblems and decors emphasizing the glorious dragon hunts that the family boasts. As both of them steadily walks across the hallway, Rarity, whose interest about the family piqued, decided to ask the butler in front of her.

“uhm… mister—“ Rarity paused trying to grasp and guess the name of the pony in front of her

“Scaleful, I apologize, it was rude of me to not introduce myself to the Baron’s guest” Scaleful straight-faced apologizes as he leads Rarity along the halls “I’m truly sorry.”

“That’s okay, I was wondering about the decorations in these halls. “ Rarity continues.

“These are the proudest moments of the Dragonshire family, each of one these signifies the triumphant glory of a family member that was able to slay a dragon.” Scaleful again with his expressionless face explains the meaning of the emblems.

“Slaying dragons?” Rarity shocked to hear the word slaying.

“Yes, although the master can explain everything more in detail.” Scaleful replied.

Both of them stopped upon reaching a massive door, “The master is inside.” Scaleful pardons himself as Rarity enters the room. Inside center of the room is a round table filled with all sorts of foods, ranging from a plateful of fruits and cheese, baskets of bread and oats to delectable sweets of pastries cakes and cookies. And there is Draco, standing beside the window fully-aware of his visitor’s entrance to the room.


“Ah… Rarity, it'z a delight to see you as alvays, and just in time for lunch.” Draco welcomes her to the table. "Come, join me."

“Really, you shouldn’t have.” Rarity humbly rejects the offer.

“Don’t vorry about it, Spineles alvays prepares zis much.” Draco insists “I couldn’t possibly finish zis food all alone.”

“Thank you for the offer but I’m still feeling a bit full, had a big breakfast earlier.” Rarity trying to maintain her delicacy in front of the Baron but her hunger begs to differ giving off a faint grumbling sound leading to Rarity being embarrassed. “That was…” Rarity wanting to dig herself into a hole with the embarrassment she feels right now.

Draco smiles and chuckles in response as he insists on his invitation “Come, don’t be shy”

Rarity with her hunger exposed and all humbly nods and bows in agreement as she accompanies Draco to lunch. "I guess it will be my honor."


After lunch, Rarity's mood changes since Draco mentioned his task to Rarity, as he explains the content of the letter he sent Rarity the other day that he has heard of her talent from Hoity Toity and wants to see it for himself, however...

“I don’t really know…” Rarity humbly declines. “Suits aren’t really my thing…”

“Zink of zis as a new learning experience” Draco insists “Bezides, if you managed zu pull zis off, your business target will surely expand ja?”

“Now that you mention it…” Rarity giving Draco’s words a thought, “Draco’s right, If I can make not only dresses but also suits and stallion’s fashion, my career will surely skyrocket throughout Equestra.

“I accept!” Rarity proudly accepts Draco’s business proposal.

“Zat’s good zu hear.” Draco relieved at Rarity’s response. “But zer iz one zing…” Draco’s expression turning worried. “You have to stay here during the duration of your work, for convenience sake of course.”

“What?!” Rarity shocked at Draco’s sudden condition.

“Pardon me for my sudden request, but surely you vouldn’t vant my freunds zu travel all ze way zu Ponyville zu get measured. Ja?” Draco explains his condition.

“Now that you put it that way.” Rarity putting more thought into this assignment. “it would be troublesome for all his friends to travel all the way to Ponyville to get measured, but I’m more comfortable working in my boutique, this will certainly be a brand new experience for me, not to mention the suit making part. But think of the benefits Rarity, You really did managed to pull this off, not only you have proven yourself to be versatile but also flexible, but the bad side is everything in this assignment is new. I might screw it up and probably embarrass the Baron, What to do? What to do?” Rarity conflicted about weighing out the pros and cons of the work.

“But if that vould inconvenience you and compromise your vork, then I supposed—” Draco offering Rarity a much easier solution.

“Thanks for your concern, Baron Draco, but I have already decided.” Rarity interrupted Draco to announce her decision.


Outside the manor, Rarity shaking the hoof of the noblepony,as a sign of agreement "It'z a pleazure doing buziness vith you." Draco said.

"It is my honor, I assure you I will do my very best." Rarity assures the Baron that he can trust her.

"Are you sure you don't vant zu stay here till tomorrow it's already near sundown." Draco concerned with the mare's safety since she might reach Ponyville late night.

"I really appreciate your hospitality but i must get back to Ponyville to prepare somethings and say some farewells to my friends." Rarity humbly declines the offer. "Lots of things to do especially since there is this new pony in town and all and I think I might use him as sample for this new venture before I fully partake in yours is that ok?."

"Ja... if iz meanz zat it vill improve your vork then by all means." Draco responded. "But at least allow me zu send my fastest carriage. zat vay you could return back faster."

"Thank you..." Rarity replied.

"I don't vant zu be intruzive but zis new pony, vats he like?" Draco getting curious about the pony Rarity mentioned.

"For starters, his name is Ovan Starshine, he and my good friend Twilight Sparkle get along well since they are both good with magic and all and both have terrible sense of fashion so to speak. " Rarity jokingly jeers at the pair as she prepares for departure"They really should go out together. Is there something wrong?"

"Nein, just curious." Draco smiles as he bid Rarity goodbye as his carriage speeds away from his manor and back towards Ponyville. "Ovan..." Draco's expression soon turned dimmer by the time the carriage is not longer visible from the horizon of the manor