• Published 14th Feb 2012
  • 1,437 Views, 13 Comments

The Alicorn of the Stars - mushrumluver



Twilight meets a strange pony named Ovan... who is he and what is his significance to the The Legend

  • ...
6
 13
 1,437

Chapter 17- Ovan and Nova (Part 1)

The Alicorn of the Stars
Chapter 17 – Ovan and Nova (Part 1)

~Under the ruins of StarShine Manor~

“Not bad for a pony who is bred in peace and harmony.” Nova looks over his front right hoof. It had scorch marks all over after blocking it with Twilight’s spell yesterday during their first encounter. “But still too weak for me to use…” His monologue was soon interrupted by the arrival of the seductive partner in crime approaching him from behind.

“Shall I take care of that?” Paine suddenly grabbed Nova’s injured hoof and slowly caresses it as she deeply stares into Nova’s eyes.

“Maybe later but right now we have more important things to do.” Nova replied.

“As you wish…” Paine slowly lets go of the hoof. “I was wondering what in Equestria makes this place interesting for you?” She looks around the basement floor only noticing piles of rubble and debris, panels of charred tiles and ceiling and not to mention the dark and murky surroundings.

“You see one of the keys we need lies within this place.” Nova started walking towards a dark corridor up ahead. “Coincidentally it’s also one of Cosmos’ treasured relics, although it doesn’t compare to the Elements but still it’s very valuable to our plan.” Nova continuously walks as he explains his motive. “Aside from the production of massive quantities of Bloodstones, we also have to use that relic for the creation of the new Elements…”

Paine simply smirked and snickered throughout Nova’s explanation with full understanding of her tasks for the completion of their plan as both ponies walked into the darkness and slowly disappearing from sight.


Twilight sat down on the floor recalling what happened yesterday during her encounter with the unicorn named Nova. Her mind is still puzzled after learning the unicorn’s name, not to mention on how powerful Nova’s magic was compared to hers. Her most powerful offensive spell only left nothing but scratches to the unicorn’s after blocking it bare-hoof. And he in turn just tossed her left and right like some ragdoll without giving her a chance to counter back. And the red gemstone he was flicking and playing with, it sent chills down to her spine from merely looking at it. Most importantly how is he related to Ovan, having both Starshine as their last name. Such thoughts plagued her mind the entire time after Paine left.

The two earth stallions started talking the moment Paine left. One was more of bulky build, he had a light brown coat and a darker brown mane, while the other one was of leaner and smaller build, he had a distinct yet familiar green coat and purple mane. Both of them were wearing leather-type armor equipped with iron helmets along with spears as their weapon.

“Hey it looks like Nova gave us a new toy to play with.” The bulkier one suddenly said while grinning maliciously staring at Twilight’s flank. “What do you say let’s have a little with our ‘guest’?” he then looked over to his co-henchpony.

“Cut it out man, we’re not here to do this…” the other one replied.

“That’s probably what you’re thinking, but for me, this is one of the perks for being assigned as guard for captives especially mares.” he turned back to Twilight with a perverted grin on his face. “Besides if she tries to do something all the more reason for us to hit her.” He slowly approaches Twilight the moment he finished talking.

“Dude, cut it out. If you want some ‘fun’ you can always go to ‘those’ places.” The other one stopped his co-henchpony. “She’s already helpless come on…” he spoke in a calm manner hoping to persuade his partner to control his urges.

“Too bad, I don’t give a flying feather.” He replied rashly while brushing off his co-henchpony’s hoof. “Besides, those places are boring… I can’t get enough kicks in ‘those’ places.” He then clenched his hoof and pushed it against the other pony’s cheek. “Now get out of my way and if you touch me again and you’ll get it.” He pushed him away and went back stalking his prey “Now where was I?”

“Seriously cut it out!” he suddenly grabbed his partner’s shoulder.

Without hesitation, he suddenly punched his partner’s face knocking him down. “Oh just shut up!” he yelled. “Even if we’re on the same team, it doesn’t mean we’re gonna be buddy-buddies.”

Twilight’s face was full of shock after seeing two ponies fight despite being on the same team. “Aren’t you two allies? How could you hit your friend like that?” she suddenly cried out.

“Friend?” he suddenly burst out laughing. “We just barely met, in fact I don’t even give a flying feather about him, he could rot in here for all I care. Heck I don’t even know his name.” His mood turned perverted “Now enough about him, let’s have some fun” he resumed pacing slowly towards Twilight.

It was infuriating, in all of her life, she never seen such behavior before, ponies desiring to hurt or kill others for their goals, ponies who never cared for each other. Deep inside, she could no longer take the audacity of these ponies, blemishing the princess’ teachings. As much as she wants, she couldn’t do a thing due to her circumstance; her own helplessness only added fuel to the fire.

“What’s the matter, I won’t bite.” The stallion played around.

Twilight tried to back away from the perverted stallion but the chain on her hooves prevented her. The stallion kept getting closer and closer and his presence kept growing and growing. With no second to spare, he suddenly grabbed Twilight’s shoulder. His firm grasp only meant pain for the mare. His sweaty face and rancid stench kept slowly getting closer and closer by the second with his lips all puckered up. Twilight tried to resist the stallion but he was able to physically hold her down. Her heart was racing, trembling in fear. Without any second thought she charged her horn in desperate attempts to save herself, but before she could fire her spell, a loud ‘Thud’ came from behind the stallion.

It was as if time paused itself just for Twilight to catch her breath. Her entire body was still trembling slowly recovering from being nearly violated. The glow in her horn slowly dissipated along with her shaking. The moment she came around, she saw the other henchpony armed with a blunt weapon. Although she felt a bit relieved at the moment, the nervousness inside her still lingered around, oblivious to the other stallion’s motive.

“Are you okay?” he asked slowly approaching Twilight.

“Don’t touch me!” Twilight suddenly shrieked still grasping for air.

“Suit yourself.” He replied with dragging the other henchpony’s body away “Although it would be nice to show a bit of appreciation for saving your ‘life’” he tied the stallion and pushed his unconscious body to the corner of the room.

“Why are you doing this?” Twilight suddenly asked, with a lot of questions bugging her mind.

“Let’s just say I had a traumatic experience when it comes to this so… I guess that was the reason why I helped you.” he calmly replied. “But don’t get the wrong idea. You’re still our captive.”

“No I mean, you seem like a good pony, why are you with these bad ponies?” Twilight corrected herself.

“Victim of the circumstance, I guess.” He sat down in front of Twilight reinstating his presence to the captive as a guard. “With nowhere to go, and after my village was burned down and being the only survivor, they sort of found me and recruited me then that’s that.”

“They?” Twilight asked.

“The Signers of course…” he replied.

“But they are a group of bad ponies, they want to destroy Equestria, doesn’t that at least disturb you?” Twilight tried to persuade the stallion.

“It does a little, but like I said I have nowhere to go.” He turned his back on Twilight. “My parents were brutally murdered along with my fellow villagers a year ago. Besides, I have done crimes against Equestria so where should I go.”

Twilight felt silent after hearing the stallion’s story. Her mind was blank to reply anything to him. She was filled with mixed emotions of pity, curiosity and her sense of righteousness. “But still… running away from your crimes won’t solve anything.”

“It’s better than rotting in jail though.” He coldly answered back.

“But you’re only hurting yourself, I can see that you want to live a peaceful life but you’re afraid of paying for the crimes you did. I can sense there’s conflict within you.” Twilight replied with a stern look in her face.

He slowly shook his head in reply, that alone gave Twilight the idea that she won’t be able to persuade the stallion. “May I at least know your name?” Twilight responded.

“It’s Duran.” He replied. “Now I have to get back to work.”

“Thanks for earlier Duran…” Twilight smiled in relief for the stallion’s aid earlier. “Please reconsider what I said earlier.” Twilight said still not giving up hope towards the stallion. She soon sat down on the dusty floor after her statement and left the stallion in silence.


~Cloudsdale~

“Princess Celestia!” Rainbow Dash suddenly bumped into the Sun Princess spilling her drink onto the princess’s glistening white coat. “I’m sorry about that…” she hurriedly apologized while trying to wipe off the mess she made.

“That’s okay” Princess Celestia felt a bit awkward, having some other pony wipe her coat, slightly pushed Rainbow Dash with her magic. “Really I don’t mind.”

“I’m really sorry…” Rainbow Dash continues to apologize “A lot has been going through my head recently and I~”

“You should relax for a bit.” Celestia replied “It won’t do you good for the competition; I heard that it’s more competitive than last year.”

“Thanks…” Rainbow Dash sheepishly grins “But I really wished that Twilight was here; I was hoping to show her some of my awesome moves”

“Well I’m expecting a wonderful performance from you.” Celestia chuckled in her reply.

Both mares ended up laughing like nothing happened, before they parted their ways, a white Pegasus fully equipped in golden armor suddenly approached Princess Celestia and whispered something to her ear. The princess’ expression darkened while the guard relays the message. Rainbow Dash can barely make sense of what the guard told the princess but there was one word that she heard crystal clear, which was ‘Forgotten Wood Barrow’

Recalling what Twilight said to them the past few days, she suddenly approached the princess with a heavy concerned look on her face. “W-What’s going on in that place?”

“Everything’s fine, they just gave me a weekly update about Forgotten Woods Barrow.” The princess in turn not wanting to make Rainbow Dash worry maintained her calm composure

“But…” Rainbow Dash tried to argue but she was interrupted by the princess sudden tap on her shoulder.

“Trust me” Princess Celestia ensures the worried Pegasus beaming a confident and adamant look on her face.

A loud echoing ‘honk’ suddenly sounded the start of the event, startling Rainbow Dash.

“Don’t worry, I’ve already sent my best soldiers out there, I also don’t want anything to happen to Twilight.” Celestia continued shortly after the end of the horn. “I’ll soon follow after the event.”

Rainbow Dash nodded slowly and silently agreeing to the princess’s word. She quickly headed back to her partner with a heavy heart still worried-sick over her friend despite the princess’ assurance.


“So Pinkie Pie I heard that you expected a guest coming along…” Rarity asked unable to keep her ‘gossip’ senses intact “May we know who’s this new ‘friend’ of yours?”

“Nope!” Pinkie replied with her usually cheerful mood.

“What?!” Rarity shocked to hear the pink pony’s reply “Just a little, teeny weensy bit of detail?” she continued persuading Pinkie.

“Can’t tell I Pinkie Promised.” Pinkie replied with a huge smile on her face.

Rarity lost her enthusiasm after seeing Pinkie Pie grin like that and knowing that Pinkie would never ever break a Pinkie Promise. She turned to Fluttershy afterwards. “I don’t see our ‘green’ friend, I wonder what happened to her after I left?”

“She also left afterwards; she said something about being relocated by her boss.” Fluttershy replied.

“That’s too bad, she could have at least joined us.” Rarity replied. “What about Spike? I haven’t seen him after his surprise visit a few days ago.”

“Hmm… I think he said that he was going to watch over the Library while most of us are gone.” Pinkie Pie replied.

“That Spike, Honestly, he could have at least taken the day off. I’m sure he’s going to enjoy watching the competition.” Rarity pouted feeling a bit disappointed.

“Come to think of it, how’s your work Rarity?” Fluttershy asked moments shortly.

“That? It’s coming along fine, Good food, ambience and the ponies visiting. And having tea in his garden it’s simply to die for. Although not as grand as the one in Canterlot Palace but still…” Rarity regaining back her energy replied.

“That’s nice…” Fluttershy replied.

“So where’s that uhm… Baron Drake-O something?” Pinkie Pie asked while looking left and right trying to find the noble pony in her sights.

“I think he said that he’s going to attend his business first with the Princess.” Rarity replied trying to recall the Baron’s words.

“That’s too bad, I was hoping to see him personally.” Fluttershy replied.

“How about later?” Rarity suggested “After all this is his ship, so he’s bound to come back here.”

“That would be nice…” Fluttershy replied smiling a bit.

“Oh by the way, I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to accompany you to see the Centidrangeas bloom. I was so busy with work.” Rarity suddenly recalled Fluttershy’s trip and apologized.

“That’s okay, Pinkie Pie went with me, although too bad Rainbow Dash wasn’t able to come…” Fluttershy replied.

Rarity could sense the feeling of disappointment after Fluttershy’s tone suddenly dropped the moment she mentioned the cyan pegasus’ name.

“And then, before we went home, there was this filly. She started stomping on some flowers.” Pinkie Pie suddenly popped out reenacting the scene.

“She wasn’t that bad…” Fluttershy responded.

“Honestly, some pony should teach that filly a thing or two.” Rarity replied. “Unlike my Sweetie Belle, she the most caring lovable sweet little sister any pony could ask for.” She started singing praises for her younger sister after hearing Pinkie’s narration.

“Uhm… about Sweetie Belle…” Fluttershy tried to avoid eye-contact with Rarity after hearing how much Rarity holds so much praise for Sweetie Belle.

“Yeah! She… “ Pinkie Pie tried to continue but she was quickly muffled by Fluttershy before she could mention more. “… your shop”

“What about Sweetie Belle and my shop?” Rarity’s mood turned curious after realizing that the two were hiding something from her.

“She uh…” Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie started backing away but Rarity pressed them both. “She…” with not much choice Pinkie Pie spilled the beans regarding what happened to Sweetie Belle and Carousel Boutique.

“SHE DID WHAT?!” Rarity screamed in tears after hearing a shocking revelation “My Precious Carousel Boutique… When I get back…” She started grumbling and gritting in her temper. But her mood suddenly changed upon the signaling horn of the start of the Competition.


~Forgotten Woods Barrow~

The whole forest was at a still until violent winds suddenly blew out of where. Cracks of lightning appeared out of the void. And sparks flew from the center. A white light shone in center as if space was being torn apart. In a flash of white light, appeared a familiar blue pony.

“Whew! Glad I’m still in one piece.” Ovan said still feeling the after effects of long range teleportation. “Hooves still complete mane and tail still there. And fortunately ‘they’ are still intact” Ovan checking his respectively body parts. He then gazed towards the peak of the mountain, feeling both nostalgia and anxiety as the memories of his past tries to eat him alive.

“No this is not the time to be scared.” He shook his head bracing himself for anything that he might encounter up ahead. “Pinkie Pie also told me that Twilight is here somewhere, I just hope she didn’t wander off here.” He first checked his saddle bag revealing several multi-colored gemstones inside. “I hope these are enough.” He quickly headed towards the ruined manor up ahead.


“Is something the matter?” Paine suddenly asked Nova after noticing him suddenly smiling. It was a mixture of both warm and malice, confusing the mare.

“Nothing…” Nova replied as he continued to smile “It’s just that I love reunions, especially heartwarming reunions.” He then stared faraway while both of them continues to walk forwards in search for the artifact.