• Published 14th Feb 2012
  • 1,438 Views, 13 Comments

The Alicorn of the Stars - mushrumluver



Twilight meets a strange pony named Ovan... who is he and what is his significance to the The Legend

  • ...
6
 13
 1,438

Chapter4- Midnight Conversation

The Alicorn of the Stars
Chapter 4 – Midnight Conversation

“Ovan… Ovan...” Ovan hears his name being called by a familiar mare. He finally opens his eyes after that thunderous blow to the head back earlier. Everything was hazy in his sight for a few moments such is the consequence of waking up from sleep. Focusing his sight, he soon noticed himself lying on a bed. Seeing the side draw beside his bed with a lamp on top, an empty bed beside him with the curtains opened and the blue walls and the window draped with green curtains as he looked left to right and the lingering scent of formalin around the room, he soon realized that he was in a hospital but where is this hospital. Staring blankly at the window, he gazes upon the fullness of the moon radiating in the sky. However his expression soon changed when he saw several constellations beside the moon into a more serious one.

“Ovan Ovan!” the voice calling him grew louder. Ovan looked around him and even outside the window but there was no pony. “OVAN!!” it rang inside Ovan’s head like being inside a huge bell while it tolls. He shook his head regaining consciousness and finally knew where that voice was coming from. He looked up his horn which was glowing a bright blue aura and recognized it as a telepathic communication spell, Telecom for short. Normally, it’s a spell which enables unicorns to communicate telepathically, however with his knowledge he modified it into magical devices that also enabled non-unicorns to use this spell as well.

“Yes?” Ovan finally answered.

“The nerve of you! You just said one hour! ONE HOUR! And you didn’t even telecom’ed me. I was so worried of what happened to you after those ruffians attacked us while you were gone. I- I—“the voice cried worried sick.

“I’m sorry” Ovan apologized trying to comfort her in the process.

“Sorry? Sorry?!” the mare seems be unsatisfied with Ovan’s apology “As if a Sorry is enough! If I were you I would—“ Ovan slowly weakens the spell thus minimizing the volume of the telecom spell.

After counting to one hundred, he increased the volume back by strengthening the spell. “—Dinner!” the mare finished at same time. Ovan’s expression suddenly changed from indifferent to serious similar to his expression upon looking at the constellations.

“Have you managed to pull it off?” Ovan asked.

“Are you kidding—“ the mare first thought that how can Ovan think about that until she notice the change in Ovan’s voice from the usual calm and kind voice to a more deeper and darker tone.

“Tch! Yea yea, there were some problems though but I managed to pull it off. Had a rough time with some of the guards but seriously…” she was confident in her skills in successfully completing the task given to her.

“Thanks…” Ovan relieved to know that everything went well “Is the boss with you?”

“Not right now, but I may be able to hook him up to your line. Geez you always do that.” The mare responded. “Please do…” Ovan requested.

The line was on hold for a few seconds, while the mare was transferring the telecom line to their boss. After seconds of static, the static cleared out and a voice was soon heard to be speaking but this time it was a deeper voice belonging to presumably to a warrior stallion.

“Any leads?” the boss asked.

“The constellations are now lining up, and we have less time before those Ponies of the Stars or Signers get to him as they did to my brother years ago.” Ovan reported his sightings earlier and reminiscing about his encounter with them in the past.

“Hmm...” the boss paused for a moment “What about the Wielders?”

“Them?” Ovan shocked upon hearing the word “Well, I have already met two of them, namely Twilight Sparkle and Rarity. As you said, this Twilight Sparkle’s magical capacity far exceeds that of a unicorn, her level can more compared to that of an Alicorn like Princess Celestia or Princess Luna but certainly not of his Level though, but that talent seems to be still to mature and also she is still not that much experienced in using Combat Magic” Ovan reported.

“What about the other?” his boss curious about his encounter with the Wielders. “Not much to say about Rarity, fashionable, nit-picker, doesn’t have that much magical capacity as Twilight, although she is quite a looker and her mane is well-maintained.” Ovan answers as his expression changed back into his usual self.

“Not that! I mean her capability as a Wielder of the Elements.” Ovan’s boss is not amused at Ovan’s comments about Rarity.

“For now, I still can’t say since she did little, from our encounter earlier but I guess in time—“

“If only time is also on our side.” His boss interrupted him “For the meantime, you are to remain there in Ponyville and report your findings on their so-called Magic.” He then cuts off the line after giving his orders to Ovan.

“Always like that…” Ovan covered himself with a blanket and faced the window side as his horn’s glow slowly faded away and the night continues on till day.

“Ovan… Ovan…” he again heard his name being called again but it was different from earlier.

“Five more minutes…” Ovan replied as he tucked himself more in the bed wanting to get more sleep time. Twilight getting impatient at Ovan’s refusal to wake up, levitated both Ovan and the blanket.

“Okay okay!” Ovan panic-stricken finally woke up after finding himself flying a yard up from the bed.

“Great!” Twilight with her innocent-looking smile released the spell send Ovan falling back to the bed roughly.


The front of Ponyville Hospital opened, with Twilight and Ovan exiting. With the sun shining brightly, the Town hall was brimming with ponies visiting stands spread around the square and the morning still fresh, Twilight decides to give Ovan a tour around Ponyville since it is his first time here and not long ago, she read about a book on tour guiding and is really eager to practice what she read on the book similar to her eagerness in holding a slumber party back then.

“So, this is your first time here?” Confident in her book knowledge, Twilight opens to Ovan her idea of giving him a tour around Ponyville.

“Yes, why you asked?” Ovan replied.

“Oh nothing, I was just wondering that won’t it be great to… you know, get familiar with Ponyville.” Twilight smiling in hopes that Ovan agrees.

“It would be nice to know—“ before Ovan could finish him sentence, Twilight dragged him out of eagerness to start the tour.