• Published 14th Feb 2012
  • 1,438 Views, 13 Comments

The Alicorn of the Stars - mushrumluver



Twilight meets a strange pony named Ovan... who is he and what is his significance to the The Legend

  • ...
6
 13
 1,438

Chapter5- Welcome to Ponyville (Part 1)

The Alicorn of the Stars
Chapter 5 – Welcome to Ponyville (Part1)

“Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres!” Twilight excitedly introduces Ovan to the farm upon reaching the front gate. Ovan looks around to where the hay Twilight dragged him and notices several apple orchards spreading across the hills covering the entire range with a mix of red and green juicy treats hanging on the trees. In front of them is a red barn, somewhat old and dilapidated looking but still standing strongly. “Did you know that Ponyville was founded because of Sweet Apple Acres and their discovery of the Zap Apple jam?” Twilight grins as she tells her trivia. “and also that one of my best friends is a member of that family?”

“Uh… Yay?” Ovan pretending to be also excited to hear something that he already read in history books and also information that he already knew prior to coming to Ponyville.

“Twilight!” a familiar orange pony greeted them after coming out of the farm “Ah’ didn’t saw y’ and yer companion in front of the farm.“

“Ovan this is Applejack, Applejack this is Ovan” Twilight introduced the two.

“Well pleased to meet ya’ there partner” Applejack shaking Ovan’s hooves with Applejack clearly doing all the shaking.

“L-likewise” Ovan replied still feeling the aftershock after letting Applejack’s hoof go.

So this is Applejack, pretty strong for a mare” Ovan thought as he looked towards Applejack, as he shakes his hoof back into place.

“So whatcha’ and yer friend doin’ here Twilight?” Applejack asked. “Oh, I just thought about giving him a tour around Ponyville since he’s new and all.” Twilight replies.

“New in town?” Applejack’s face turned worried “Already encountered, you know who?” Applejack whispered into Twilight ears.

“Not yet but that’s already bound to happen.” Twilight replied.

“Well anyway now that ya’ll are now here and all, why don’t Ah’ give ya’ll a tour around our farm?” Applejack offered to give Ovan a tour around Sweet Apple Acres.

“Why not?” Ovan accepts

“But but but…” Twilight seems depressed over not being the one doing the tour guiding “Okay…”

As the group entered the farm, Applejack made her introduction. “Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres, the home of the freshest and juiciest apple ever harvested in all of Ponyville and also the pride of ma’h family.”

“And this here is the entire apple orchard.” Applejack pointed out their entire orchard lot. Ovan saw the huge stretch of land covered in apple trees with the sun bathing the orchard with its warm light, the hilltop view from where they are right now makes the orchard look even clearer and massive compared to looking at it from upfront.

“Ain’t she a beauty?” Applejack breaks into tears as she stands in awe of the magnificence of their orchard. “Ah’ve seen this many time now but Ah’ just can’t help ma’hself cryin’”

“Uhm… Applejack? Aren’t you busy with the farm and all?” Twilight interrupted AJ’s emotional moment hoping to regain her tour guide status.

“Nnope!” Applejack replies with sudden change of emotion to a cheerful one. “Me and Big Macintosh are now resting for this year’s incomin’ Applebuck Season.”

“Applebuck season… huh?” Twilight recalls the time when Applejack sent almost all of the populace of Ponyville to the hospital.

“What’s an Applebuck season?” Ovan curiously inquires

“Well Applebuck season is the time where we uhm a… buck ‘em all apples.” Applejack replies.

“Okay…” Ovan replies without understanding what Applejack said.

“Why not let’s show him the famous Zap Apple Orchard?” Twilight suggests as she noticed Ovan’s lost in Applejack’s jargon.

“That’s a great idea Twilight!” Applejack seems excited to show Ovan the Zap Apple Orchard. “I also want to see it.” Ovan is also excited to see the orchard since this is where the famous Zap Apple Jam hails. Even in back at Canterlot University, this is one of the most sought after jams. The perfect harmony of sweetness and sourness of the apples and honey mixture and the sudden burst of flavors like getting zapped by lightning, it was truly to die for and with the limited supplies they are really expensive in Canterlot it was rare for them especially for students living alone to enjoy such delicacy.

After all of them agreed, the trio went towards deeper into the orchard. While they were traveling, Applejack mentioned to Ovan Twilight’s first time in Ponyville, she even told him some of their time together up until now, from her poisoning the entire town, Twilight putting an Ursa Minor to sleep and even returning it to its mother, to Twilight’s mess-up spell with the parasprites, although Twilight wasn’t happy when Applejack mentioned the parasprites.

They soon got to the Zap Apple Orchard. To Ovan’s disappointment, all he saw were dead trees, hundreds of dead trees. “So where’s the Zap Apples?” Ovan with a small frown asked. “Well, Ah’ guess it’s still not their time yet.” Applejack replied. “But don’t cha fret, soon this entire orchard will be filling up with Zap Apples before y’ know it” Applejack patted Ovan on the shoulders with confidence brimming in her smile.

“Why Ovan I didn’t knew that you liked Zap Apple Jam?” Twilight surprised to see another side of Ovan.

“Well back then, my family and I used to have Zap Apple Jam every year. That was before we moved to Canterlot though.” Ovan replied

“Gee Whillykurs, if only ah’ knew then we would have at least saved one jar.” Applejack apologizing.

“That’s okay; I’m staying around here for some time, since the University gave me a vacation and all.” Ovan believing Applejack’s word and hoping that before he goes he can get at least one jar of Zap Apple Jam.

“Univar-what now?”Applejack lost in Ovan’s word.

“A university, well it’s sort of a big School.” Twilight clarifies.

“School? Ah’ thought only fillies and colts go to school?” Applejack curious about this university.

“Well, it’s more of a school of ponies where they teach harder stuff.” Twilight simplifying the explanation.

“Ah’ still don’t get this universerty stuff.” Applejack closing off the conversation about university.

After showing the Zap Apple Orchard, the three continued to roam around the orchard until they got back to the front gate of the farm. “Well, that’s about it!” Applejack concluded.

“Thanks Miss Applejack for the time for showing us around your farm.” Ovan expressed his gratitude.

“Just call me Applejack or AJ for short” Applejack suggested dropping off the honorifics and formalities.

“Okay, well thank you AJ” Ovan still reluctant on using AJ to address Applejack.

Before Twilight and Ovan could say their farewells, a small yellow red haired filly came out of the barn. “G’ Mornin’ Applejack! G’ Mornin’ Twilight! G’ Mornin’ uhh… Mister—“she cheerfully greeted them until she paused for a moment when she was about to greet Ovan.

“Oh right!” Applejack realized that this is Applebloom’s first time seeing Ovan.

“Applebloom this is Ovan, Ovan this is Applebloom, ma’h little sister. He came in here with Twilight this mornin’ ” Applejack introduced the two.

“Since yer together with Twilight, then are you Twilight’s special somepony?” Applebloom asked with a curious yet innocent smile on her face.

“W-what?!” Twilight was caught off guard with the question with a slight redness on her cheeks.

“Applebloom!” Applejack reprimanded her sister but Applebloom was already a few feet away from them

“Oops! Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo are waiting for me in the park, got a whole of crusadin’ y’ know really busy.” Applebloom hops away avoiding her sister’s wrath as her voice fades out.

“Don’t mind her, she’s just like that.” Applejack apologizing.

“We best be better be going now, still have to show Ovan a few sights.” Twilight bids farewell to her friend.

“Ya’ll come back now ya’ hear!” Applejack’s voice fades away waving goodbye as the two walks towards their next destination, Carousel Boutique.


“Oh my Gosh, Oh my Gosh, Oh my Gosh. There is simply not much time” Rarity panicking as she scours through the boutique. “I think this would–“Rarity, wearing her working glasses, scans a dress she picked-up from the mess she made “No! I think that one would be better.” Immediately drops the dress in her hooves to get another one beside it. “This would go well with this one.” Rarity matching a brooch with another dress she picked up after discarding the one earlier. “But that would certainly look Divine!” she immediately threw out the brooch for a tiara she saw in one of her mannequins.

“And we have now arrived at Carousel Boutique, where the one of the most beautiful dresses ever made. And inside you will see—“ Twilight proudly shows Ovan Rarity’s boutique but she was lost for words upon opening the door.

“Utter Chaos…” Ovan finishes the statement as soon as they both saw the stature of the place.

Dresses and pieces of fabric scattered all over the place, overlying fabrics hanging over the drawer’s edges, tools are found scattered all over the floor. As soon as they saw Rarity scurrying all over the place, which is a miracle that she can still run without an accident despite the mess, they tried to approach her. Looking at the small corner of the room, there are some mannequins are fitted nicely with ensembles as if they are being prepared to be displayed upfront in a showroom.

“Rarity?” Twilight asked while Rarity was comparing two laces one was of pink colored while the other one was blue. At first Twilight was ignored due to Rarity’s concentration as she levitates both ribbons above her eyesight deciding which lace to pick. “I think we should come by another time again…” Twilight whispers to Ovan as she suggested that they should leave Rarity alone for a while.

“Oh! Twilight, Ovan!” Rarity notices the two, dropping the two laces she was choosing from. “I didn’t notice you two.” Rarity looks fatigued as she greeted the two.

“Busy with something?” Twilight curious as to why Rarity and her shop is in a mess.

“I’m not just busy. I’m extremely busy. If I don’t show something nice to him by the time he arrives, this might be The-Worst-Possible-Thing!” Rarity exaggerates.

“Who’s coming?” Twilight asked.

“I have no time to explain, but here is the letter he sent me by the time I got back from our trip.” Rarity reaches out a letter carrying a golden seal of a dragon and levitating it to Twilight’s hooves and went back to work. “This seal.” Twilight seems familiar with the seal as she opens the letter and glances through it.

“—Draco von Dragonshire” Twilight reads the name aloud after she read the letter.

“He’s coming this afternoon and I have to get the entire shop ready for display.” Rarity seems to be rushing her display but the quality of the items she puts out is not compromised.

“Well, good luck Rarity, we’ll just come by another time.” Twilight waved goodbye as she and Ovan are heading to the exit of the boutique. As they were leaving, Ovan looked back and saw stunned as he saw Rarity levitating multiple articles of clothing and lining them precisely with one another and also the sewing tools are moved with such accuracy that there was no mishaps made.

“I’m sorry that we weren’t able to see much of Carousel Boutique.” Twilight apologized.

“That’s okay, It’s not like I wear dresses or anything” Ovan grins.

“Hahaha… wouldn’t that be a sight.” Twilight responded with humor. “It’s almost noon, want to get some lunch?” Twilight invited Ovan, as she noticed that the sun was already in the middle of the sky.

“No problem, so where to?” Ovan asked.

“I know this great café, follow me.” Twilight leads on as they go to get some lunch.

As they left Carousel Boutique, a pony seems to be stalking them from the bushes nearby.