• Published 14th Feb 2012
  • 1,438 Views, 13 Comments

The Alicorn of the Stars - mushrumluver



Twilight meets a strange pony named Ovan... who is he and what is his significance to the The Legend

  • ...
6
 13
 1,438

Chapter10- Advent Nova

The Alicorn of the Stars
Chapter 10 – Advent Nova

“Professor Arkham Kaust…” a voice from the shadows of the corridor called. Not long the voice revealed itself to be coming from a red noble stallion. As Draco stepped forward, he seemed baffled to what the professor is doing in his manor especially at night. Although it is the professor’s usual habit to come in his home uninvited and unexpectedly, it always made him wonder why the professor always has to visit him at this time of hour. As he stare down the professor, he is reminded on why he never liked him in the first place, his usual maniacal grin, that messed-up grey mane, that worn out lab gown but always reeking of the smell of blood and formalin combined giving him this mad scientist air around him and especially that maddening look in his eyes that makes one feel that the he will certainly dissect a live pony for pleasure alone, yet despite these characteristics, the baron remained unfazed at all.

“I heard that you came in contact with the Element of Generosity, Am I right?” Kaust asked while he was fiddling and staring at a small red-blood crystal in his admiring its lust ominous red glow.

“So?” Draco seemed uninterested in having a conversation with the crazed pony. He tried to walk pass Kaust to end this encounter but his pathway was suddenly blocked-off when he was in front of the professor.

“Come now Baron, must you always detest me?” Kaust remained undistracted playing with his rock as he replied “Well, not that it matters to me but to Him it does. As allies, we should have at least some mutual trust.” Kaust suddenly burst out laughing.

“I am quite perplexed as zu vhy a pony such as yourself, having zis stable position in Canterlot az a vell known professor, vould risk everything for zis?” Draco wonders.

“Well, I’m just simply bored.” Kaust tilting his head left and right “Harmony is boring and all, nothing new and exciting happens.” The moment Kaust stopped he turned towards Draco with his maniacal grimace all over his face “For example, see this gem I’m playing with earlier?” Kaust held the gem tightly while presenting it over Draco’s face.

“Vhat about it?” Draco remained indifferent towards the professor.

“It’s what you call a bloodstone. And would you want to know how a bloodstone is made?” Kaust gives out a malicious grin.

With just simply Kaust’s expression, Draco didn’t need the psychopath’s explanation. It gave all the hints Draco needs to figure out what that stone is made of. And with that knowledge, his abhorrence towards the professor has been greatly magnified compared to before.

There was a silent pause after Kaust ask the question. Both ponies stood at the corridor staring each other down with desires to rip each other’s throats. As the hostile air continued to fill the entire area, an ominous pony presented himself to the two disspating all hostility between the two and transforming it into something else, fear.

“You guys know how much I hate seeing my friends fight.” A dark-coated unicorn suddenly appeared behind of the two and he rested his each of his hooves on one shoulder of each of the two. “It really pains my heart.”

“I never knew that you’re here Nova” Draco replied startled at the appearance of Nova. “Vhat brought you here?”

“Not much, I just want to check up on you guys.” Nova chuckled “Still I can’t believe you guys, the moment I turned my head, you guys are already ready to rip each other apart.” Nova found the two ponies’ hostility against each amusing as he laughed wildly. “But seriously you guys should cut it out; after all we are all in the same team right?”

While Nova was talking to Draco, Kaust didn’t utter a single word the moment Nova arrived, he just stood there maliciously grinning yet there was still a cold sweat running down his back. It was fear; fear enveloped his entire being whenever Nova puts his hoof over his shoulder. For him it was a sign of death itself, his front hoof is already stepping in front of death’s door the moment he let Nova get in position like that. Yet this fear has always been the professor’s interest; as it is his irresistible poison to be near the pony who he finds astronomically interesting yet also the catalyst to his demise as well.

“I’ll be heading back now, heard that somepony leaked out information about us.” Nova lets go of the two “Can’t have that unresolved now can we?” as soon as Nova stopped speaking, his horn glowed an eerie light, afterwards he turned into an apparition-like figure and dispersed out of sight leaving the manor with Draco and Kaust to enjoy the night.


“The Alicorn of the Stars…” Twilight continues to tirelessly research to what the Princess meant when she showed her that page. It is now just between Twilight and Owloysius to do all the research they can before heading out. Her weariness is starting to sip in while she was digging through a pile of books the Princess sent the moment she returned back to Canterlot Castle. Twilight knew that the books in Ponyville Library were not enough so she had to personally request the Princess to send out all the books regarding the this matter but the problem is all of them states the same thing which Twilight already knows.

“How can this be?” Twilight puzzled as her research went into an endless loop “This can’t be all the information regarding Cosmos.” Twilight twitching her eyebrows while thinking of some other ways that she could do to get more information. While she was in deep thought, she noticed a peculiar book lying across the floor separated from the pile of books she took out combined with the books she borrowed. “What was there before? Owloysius, could you fetch that book for me?” she asked her pet to fetch that book hoping to see its contents might help her.

“Who!” Owloysius nodded as he flew towards that book and immediately returned back to Twilight’s side as soon as he had the book grasped in his talons.

“Thanks…” Twilight received the book and opened it trying to scan over its contents trying to find a keyword that might help her in her research. Her eyes prying left to right as she tries to find some clues, to her surprised to contained several information regarding the topic. “I didn’t had a book like this earlier?” She wonders the origin of the book at first, but it has new information that she might need so she brushed off the thought and continued reading.

Long ago, there existed a third Alicorn, Cosmos. He, together Celestia and Luna governed the celestial heavens. But soon, Chaos and darkness tainted Cosmos’ heart. He flung Equestria into chaos and disorder creating the very First Equestrian War which resulted into countless of lives destroyed under the march of his legion.

Celestia, Luna, Starswirl the Bearded and along with 3 other ponies stepped forth and banished Cosmos amongst the stars by the very Elements that he himself created ending the war, but his power is too great that he was split into two in order for the six to seal him off. However it is still not enough to completely seal him off, as it was prophesied he will return upon the birth of the Foal of Prophecy.

In every war, the one who lost will always be the ones bound to suffer and thus the supporters of Cosmos were also banished away from their homes and loved one. In secrecy, they formed a tribe whose sole purpose is to await this Foal of Prophecy and raised him to be the next Avatar of Cosmos. These ponies are called Signers.

“These ponies must be stopped!” Twilight gasped upon realizing the consequences if Cosmos were to again revive. “I must inform the Princess right away.” Twilight rushes upstairs to wake Spike up. About halfway up the stairs, she noticed a fiery glow emitting from the direction of Sweet Apple Acres. Upon closer inspection, black smoke was also coming out of the stretch of the orchard. Twilight panicked and forgot about informing the princess as she rushed outside toward Sweet Apple Acres for one thing is certain the farm is burning.

While all of her attention focused on getting to the farm, she didn’t recognize that the book that she read earlier dissipated into darkness.


“Look Frank…” Nova back to his quarters accompanied with another pony.

“Dustin sir…” The pony replied as his lips were trembling in fear.

“Whatever, I know that you’re in a lot of stress since after being capture by those Guardians and being forced to leak some information about us.” Nova slings his hoof over Dustin’s shoulder. “I have heard rumors that they can be really persuasive.”

“I’m really sorry sir.” The stallion begged for forgiveness distressed “Please give me another chance.” He tried to beg on his knees but Nova’s hoof over his shoulder prevents him from doing so. “Please don’t kill me, I have two fillies and a wife. I promise I’ll do better just give me another chance.”

“Now where in Equestria did you get that idea?” Nova laughed out loud after hearing the pony’s plea “You know I don’t go killing off ponies, that would be waste of pony resources.” He paused to take a deep breath “Tell you what, since you’re stressed and all why don’t you take a break.” Nova smiling tenderly towards the frantic pony. “Have a little break, spend time with the wife and foals. Then after two days, return back and maybe you’re like a new pony.”

After a few seconds of silence between the two, Nova started talking again. “I take your silence as a yes.” He then tosses the pony to the floor revealing a rapier skewering the pony’s throat. “O well there goes whatever his name was.” Nova remorselessly walks away from the corpse.

“I really love it when you do that.” A familiar magenta-coated Pegasus mare appeared from his bed posing like a seductive temptress “You look so bad-ass when you kill off ponies in that style.” She said in her sultry voice.

“I consider that my signature move.” Nova approached the mare. “And speaking of which, it has returned.” Nova raised his right hoof up as a shadowy fog appeared out of thin air. A familiar book appeared the moment the fog dissipated completely.

“Why don’t you send me?” the mare got up and clinged over Nova while staring at him lustfully “After all I have to get back at that mare, if she didn’t meddled back then I wouldn’t have ended up that way. Come on Nova deary”

“It was fortunate of you that I managed to find you before those guards.” Nova dropped the mare’s hooves and approached his deck beside his bed and took out a box. “Why not? It would be a good test for my new favorite toy.” He then opened the box and in it he handed its content over to the mare.

“Good luck charm?” the mare replied as she was caressing the long thin barrel of what Nova gave her. “You really know how to please me.” She embraces Nova upfront and looked him in the eye with her usual seductive stare.

“And that goes for you as well.” Nova comes closer to the mare and kissed her passionately, falling on to the bed. His horn glowed, shutting all the lights in the room with just the moonlight beaming across the room as the night continues on.