• Published 14th Feb 2012
  • 1,437 Views, 13 Comments

The Alicorn of the Stars - mushrumluver



Twilight meets a strange pony named Ovan... who is he and what is his significance to the The Legend

  • ...
6
 13
 1,437

Prologue

Two hours after dawn, two ponies are seen dashing deeper and deeper into the woods. The elder one is a dark blue coated adult Pegasus while the younger one is a sky blue coated unicorn colt. Both of them are exhausted from running away, scratches and bruises were all over their body and the elder one seems to have his wings broken. As they looked behind, to know if their pursuers are still behind them, they can still see their home now set ablaze and not far from them were torch lights coming in the direction from where they came.

Without a care to where they will end up just as long as they can evade their pursuers, the brothers went further deep inside the forest. The brothers see nothing in front of them except for a mix of withered, young, full-grown trees as they ran aimlessly.

“Brother where are we going?” the younger unicorn asked.

“I don’t know, just keep running” the elder Pegasus replied as they kept running.


Amidst their aimless escape, they soon found themselves in a lake within the forest. The brothers decided to take a few moments to take a breather from the chase and refresh themselves before they start running again. All was silent, not even hoof steps from their pursuers can be heard at that moment, for the brothers that was the only peaceful time in this night of theirs.

“What happened brother? Why are they chasing us” the unicorn asked “What about father and mother? What’s going to happen to us?” before the younger one knew it he was bombarding his brother with questions in his confusion as to why those ponies want to capture them to the point of burning their house down and unknowingly was also stressing out his brother. And before he starts his next question his brother shouted.

“I DON’T KNOW!” the elder Pegasus lashed out. The younger one in panic and lost in confusion cried out after his brother shouted at him. “I’m sorry…” the Pegasus calmed down knowing that lashing out at his brother won’t do any good “It’s just that many things have happened so suddenly.” He patted the head of his younger brother and the younger one in turn slowly stopped crying. “We just need to get out of here and figure out what are we going to do next.” The Pegasus ensuring his brother that they will get out of this mess.

After their conversation, they soon heard hoof steps, thundering hoofs steps of their pursuers. Due to the noise they made earlier, they were tracked down and to their regret they must again run, run to wherever the forest may take them.

Trees nothing but trees, as they dashed quickly towards the end of the forest, the brothers soon saw a piece of the night sky pointing the end of the forest. Hope was finally in their eyes which was soon turned to despair as they found themselves on the edge of a cliff. Braking just in the nick of time, before they fell but they were soon greeted by the ponies who were after them at the opposite side.

Looking at the far side at the end of the cliff, the elder brother saw a town not far from foot of the cliff. he stepped forth in attempt to shield his brother from any incoming attack

In an instant the elder brother kicked the younger one down the cliff but before he could follow-up to catch his brother, one of their pursuers threw a spear, piercing his thigh and planting him on the edge of the cliff. All he could see was his brother falling to his death. As he falls into despair and sadness feeling responsible for sending his brother to his death, a shadow, showing the silhouette of a unicorn, in the midst of the group of ponies appeared which seems to be the leader of the group shocking the pegasus despite his current stature.

Falling fast, the younger one in shock and confusion as to why would his brother kicked him at the edge of the cliff. In his desperation to survive, his horn glowed violently and suddenly he erected a barrier that broke his fall, crushing some of the trees and branches as he fell. He slowly opened his eyes after landing to see if he still survived, still feeling exhausted with a little bit of relief he quickly looked up to see what happened his brother in the edge of the cliff.

A flash of magical explosion burst on the edge leaving no traces of any ponies surviving. “BROTHER!!” the unicorn colt cried out. After a few moments, the young colt soon wandered aimlessly with only despair and loneliness accompanying him. Exhaustion soon paced itself, leaving him unconscious in front of the town his brother saw earlier.


“Where are hay you going?” a green coated earth mare called out.

“Just there?” the once unicorn colt, now a full-grown stallion answered while pointing randomly.

“What do you mean just there? Get back right here this instant, this gem generator project is your biggest project ever and we need you to manage this site. We just started this project for a few weeks and it needs all the help from its members especially you since you’re the founder.” The green mare responds.

“I just need a break; afterall I have been working for this project twenty four-seven.” The unicorn smiles innocently hoping to persuade his colleague. “Please?”

“Ugh fine, just one hour.” The green mare agreed and went back to the site.

“One hour got it!” the unicorn confirmed. After walking for a few minutes, he soon found himself admiring the wondrous scenery of the mountain range. While he was admiring them, he notices some dusts forming on top of the mountains.