• Published 25th May 2013
  • 5,494 Views, 330 Comments

Bloody Show Ponies! - GentlemannlySniper



When Twilight and Fluttershy move to another world to learn more about a race that even Celestia knows nothing about, they get into a very unusually strange, friendship-less world...

  • ...
20
 330
 5,494

Chapter 1: A taste of something different...

Dear Princess Celestia,

I am disappointed to inform you that I will be going on a small trip, and I will not be able to send my letters to you like I have the weeks before. This "trip" is going to be to a very special place, which me and Fluttershy had found not too long ago! We decided that I would be able to open up a portal to this new world and investigate, but until then, please do not forget that I will try my hardest to do as I can and learn as much as I can about this strange world.

Love, Twilight Sparkle

Twilight read the note over again, and nodded with finality as she rolled up the letter, and tied it up. "Spike!" She called out behind her, to find her number one assistant standing there, with Twilight's saddle bags and his undying attention. "Oh, there you are Spike! Here, I need you to send this letter and-" She was interrupted by the knocking at the door.

Spike dropped the bags gently on the floor. "I got it!" He said, as he went over to the door. Twilight grinned as she knew who this probably was.

Spike opened the door to reveal Fluttershy standing there. She nodded at Spike, gave him a silent hello, and went inside.

"Hey Fluttershy! Are you ready to go yet?" Twilight asked, placing her saddle bags over her back as she walked over to her friend, eager for her answer.

"Of course Twilight! I'm ready to help you with whatever you need!" She said, with a gleeful smile, glad to be able to help and accompany her best friend to another world.

"Great!" Twilight said in excitement, as she went to go grab the letter she had set on the table to send to Celestia. "Spike! I need you to send this letter right away!" She said, tossing the letter over to Spike, who caught it with ease.

"Twilight, are you sure about this?" He asked, with a small hint of uncertainty in his voice.

Twilight nodded. "Of course I am! I'm an element of harmony, so I should be able to protect myself quite well! And I'll have Fluttershy with me, incase things get a bit 'rough'" She said encouragingly, but Spike felt very discouraged by that....

"So then, when can we...um...go?" Fluttershy asked sheepishly, afraid to be rude to her friend.

Twilight looked up at the clock hanging on the wall, and nodded. "Right now would seem like a good time!" She said, eager to get the portal open before the sun went down. Fluttershy let out a small squeak of excitement, eager to see the new animals this world would harbor and see if she could possibly bring a couple of them into Equestria!

Spike sighed, as he breathed fire onto the letter, and sent it out. "Please be careful, Twi!" He said, hopeful that Twilight will heed his warning.

"I will Spike! I'll see you in two months!" She said, with a smile, as she made her way for the exit, with an eager Fluttershy following her closely.


================================================================================

"YO INCOMIN'"

"MEEEDIIIIIIIC"

"THAT SOLDIER IS A BLOODY SPY!"

Fire, bullets, missiles, and grenades ran amok within this once peaceful duo of buildings. As of now, these cries of warnings and requests for help were the most common thing in the world. A constant war always went on in this mad world of war and unlimited violence. The smell of death, ash, and beer cloaked every inch of these two buildings that stood side by side, withstanding millions upon millions of fires, explosives and high caliber bullets. Suddenly, among the sound of battle was a loud beep of an intercom.

First, it was the building on the left.

"We have taken the enemy's intelligence!" an old and nagging voice echoed out of the speakers set up around the base.

Then, the building on the right.

"The enemy has taken our intelligence! You've all failed me!" It was the same voice, but with just a bit more deadly venom then normal.

Everyone stopped everything they were doing, and sighed, half of them were happy, but the other half was the exact opposite. Strangely enough, after all that killing, everyone on the opposing forces shook hands with one another. They had fought for long enough to realize that after they win or lose, another round of firing wouldn't do much use to their current status. Everyone groaned, either in pain or in boredom as they left each other's bases to return to their home bases.

"Ah buggah..." said an Australian man in a small room in the front of the red building, as he put down his sniper rifle and took a seat down. "Right when I was gettin' a good killstreak too..." He said, grabbing a nearby coffee cup. The coffee had gone from hot to mild temperature a long time ago, so it was definitely safe to drink. The marksman took a nearby picture of his mum and dad, and sighed as he felt the edge of their worn out faces. He had this picture of home for 3 years, and not once did he dare to try and let it get in harm's way. It was the only thing that reminded him that he wasn't some kind of crazed huntsman, but in fact a normal man.

Suddenly, the sound of a cloak device disengaging echoed through the small room, causing the Sniper to fumble about his picture as he was slightly startled, and he shoved it into his vest. "G'day, mate!" Said a french accent, obviously mocking the sniper's voice. The suited man in front of the expert head hunter laughed, before sighing and taking a seat down in front of him. "That display was top notch! I had no idea zat you were so strategic!" The man complimented, as he replaced his now burned out cigarette with a new one.

The long range assassin sighed, rolling his eyes. "Wish I could'a said th' same for the bloody bloke on th' other side, eh?" He said, with a small chuckle.

The spy simply shrugged with mild uncaring, as he took another drag of his cigarette. "Ah yes, ze reds are losing their touch, no?" He said, offering the sniper a cigarette, which he politely turned down. The sniper sighed, as he looked to the base that was modeled to be just like their base on the inside.

On the inside, was the same duo, just in red, staring back at the sniper with a awful sense of defeat. The red spy simply closed the blinds, and sighed, taking a long drag of his cigarette. "Ve are losing our touch, oui?" He said, trying to make things sound better than what they really were.

The sniper simply tugged out his shirt and sighed into it. "Ah, bugger...We've just completely lost all togeth'a mate..." He said, with remorse.

The spy nodded, trying to put on a smile. "Vell, yes, but think about it zis way...Next time, ve vill know just exactly what they vill be planning, since zeir strategy vas so vell thought out, yes?" He said, with an even bigger smile.

The sniper grinned a bit to himself, perking himself upright slowly, "Yeah, I guess your roight then!" he said, with a better mood than before.

The spy grinned, happy to raise some moral, even if it is for just one person. Just then, the fastest of the team, the Scout, walked in.

"Yo, how's it hangin' fellas?" He said, looking to both his teammates with a little cocky smile, and then gave the Spy a small glare of hatred, before sighing and pulling up a chair in the middle of the duo. "So, ya plannin' somethin' to get those chucklehead's t' drop their stupid crap or what?" He said, with that same cocky smile he had on earlier.

The spy thought for a moment, and then opened his mouth to say something. "Vell, I vas thinking zat ve vo-" Suddenly, before the suited assassin could continue his plan, there was a sudden whistle of some sort. It seeped through the planks of the red wood building.

"...What in th' bloody 'ell....?" Questioned the Sniper, as he looked to the wall where the sound came from, as a gentle and cold breeze brushed past everyone that got in its way.

"'Ey, who turned on the air conditionin'?" The Scout questioned as well, as he got up from his seat and ran out of the room to go investigate. He went down a corner inside of a small hallway, and turned another corner to be surprised by a large, blue portal hovering just a couple of inches off the ground, giving off a very cold wind that sent shivers down into his...well...everything. The Sniper and Spy came and joined him just seconds after him, shivering and almost daring to get closer together for warmth.

"W-w-w-w-what in th' bloody 'ell is that thing?!" The sniper said, shivering upclose to the Scout, who was shivering up close to the Spy, who finished the circle but shivering up to the Sniper.

"L-l-l-l-looks like a p-p-p-portal...Like in t-them comics I used t-t-ta read!" Scout stated as-a-matter-of-factly.

The spy hit him in the back of the head. "Idiot! Zis is no time for zat kind of talk!" He said, with a low growl of disappointment.

"God! Jesus man! I was only tryin' ta help ya know what that thing was!" He said, rubbing the back of his head in pain. Suddenly, the portal made a very strong wind blast through it, causing the trio of mercenaries to tumble backwards into a wall.

"MERASMUS! TURN THAT GOD DAMN MAGIC DOO-HICKY OFF BEFORE I COME OUT THERE AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!" A very angered man said, as he opened up the metal sliding door and threw it up into the ceiling, only to get a mild surprise of the chill that swept through the building. He groaned in anger, as he grabbed his rocket launcher from the ground and aimed it at the portal, walking closer to it as he loaded his weapon.

Eventually, more mercenaries came to seek out answers of the sudden cold and noise.They all had their weapons out and gear on, ready to take on anyone or anything that would dare to come out of that portal...

And they were given a large surprise when they saw a duo of colorful ponies.