• Published 13th Jul 2013
  • 723 Views, 6 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II | Discord Rising - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
6
 6
 723

Rifts in the Warp

Hammerheart and the Blood Phoenixes landed on Spire Nimbus, and Twilight had already felt a strange phenomena occurring all around them.

"A rift in the Warp." She said. "As long as it remains open, the enemy can summon reinforcements."

All over the Spire, Cultists and Pony Marines of Discord patrolled the area searching for civilians to sacrifice to their dark gods.

"Key targets are on your map display, Commander Hammerheart." said Fluttershy. "If you destroy the enemy's generators and strongholds, the Equestrial Guard can retake Spire Nimbus."

The Pony Marines headed off, and found a few of the generators, and a desecrated structure emitting evil magic that struck Twilight's nerves like lightning. "A temple!" She said, "They have established a temple to the powers of Discord."

"Destroy this foul den!" Applejack yelled. "There is no time to waste."

They opened fire upon the black temple and Discord Marines who stood with it. Rainbow Dash and her Pegasus Marines took to the sky and slammed into a squad of cultists. Soon the temple was razed, and the Discord Marines retreat, but one called for an attack.

"Bomb them to ash!" The Discord Marine yelled. "A gift for our dark lords!"

"Barrage incoming!" Applejack called. "Move!"

They fled from the area, and warp fireballs fell from the sky, utterly annihilating anything and anyone unfortunate enough to be caught under or in the blast area. The Pony Marines moved on to the next closest target, which were the field generators. They unloaded their rounds and destroyed the damned buildings.

"Let fire rain from the Warp!" another Discord Marine shouted. The Blood Phoenixes took off from the area, and more warp fireballs fell from above and demolished everything they hit. The Pony Marines had only a few more structures to eliminate. They kept searching until they found the last generators still standing. With ease, the heretical buildings were leveled to the ground.

"There!" said Hoovitus, "That should silence the heretic's guns. Fluttershy's fragile Guardponies can advance without trembling now."