• Published 13th Jul 2013
  • 723 Views, 6 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II | Discord Rising - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
6
 6
 723

Withdrawal

Hammerheart and the Blood Phoenixes landed on the planet's surface, and they could already see what was befalling the scouts. A Unicorn of Discord held a few scouts in his dark magical grip, while Discord Marines were attacking more scouts garrisoned in a tower.

"What in the Empress's name are they doing?!" said Rainbow Dash.

"Abducting my initiates!" Pinkie said through her teeth.

Another squad of scouts approached Hammerheart. "Discord minions are attacking in force, Commander Hammerheart." one of the scouts said. "Our initiates need support."

The scouts group with Hammerheart's squad, and they went in to fend off the Discord Marines. Pinkie was quick to act and sniped them all in the head. When the coast was clear, the garrisoned scouts exited the now shattered tower. Sergeant Rojo himself approached Hammerheart.

"Another group of traitors took prisoners and headed west." said Rojo. "Empress only knows what fate the heretics have in store for them."

"Peace, Rojo." Applejack said calmly. "The Blood Phoenixes will not abandon their own."

"We will find these initiates." said Pinkie.

They moved out to search for the rest of their siblings. They traversed the sandy terrain and endured attacks from cultists until they found scouts trapped in an evil aura and being presented before a large portal.

"They are drawing those scouts into the Warp." said Twilight.

"Kill that Discord filth!" Pinkie growled. "Kill them all!"

More Cultists attacked the Pony Marines, but stood little chance against their weapons. They were reduced to piles of limbs and puddles of blood in minutes. Immediately after, they got to work destroying the portal and saving the scouts from certain doom. After a minute of pumping rounds into the damned portal, the rim around it collapsed upon itself.

"The rift is closing!" said Rainbow Dash. "Our siblings are safe!"

"For now." said Pinkie.

The Blood Phoenixes advanced onward, and found a tower full of scouts being attacked by Discord Marines and a Discord Hunter Tank. Hammerheart and the others dealt with the marines while Goliath Nule laid waste to the heretical vehicle. Eventually the heretics were slain and the tank was demolished.

"Praise the Empress!" one of the scouts shouted. "We will vanquish these heretics yet."

They moved on and soon found more scouts being attacked by a Disharmonaught. Goliath attacked the mech while Hammerheart and the others fought the Discord Marines. When the heretics and the Disharmonaught fell, all the scouts were saved.

"Our thanks, siblings." A scout said.

The Pony Marines only had to moved a few yards before finding the one responsible for the attacks conducting a dark ritual with eight cultists.

"There is the Unicorn who leads these traitors!" said Twilight.

"He dies." Pinkie exclaimed.

They went in to attack the Unicorn, but more Discord Pony Marines intercepted them. Hammerheart and the Blood Phoenixes engaged the Discord Marines first. When they were defeated, the Pony Marines attacked the cultists and the Unicorn.

"For a thousand years, I have cultivated the power of the Dark Gods." The Unicorn said as the cultists were slaughtered around him.

The Unicorn took up his staff and attacked the Blood Phoenixes, proving to be truly formidable. Hammerheart and Rainbow Dash swung at the Unicorn, but found themselves being launched back by a shock-wave of dark magic.

"I know within you tremble and cry." The Unicorn mocked.

Hammerheart went back in and struck at the Unicorn. Rainbow Dash took to the sky and flew in for a killing blow, but the Unicorn teleported away from the impacted area. He then conjured up a sinister spell that blasted dark bolts of energy at different squads of Pony Marines, damaging them considerably.

The Unicorn continued to mock them. "Your power is meager! Your courage; false!"

Hammerheart gave a mighty war shout and bolstered the morale of every Pony Marine that heard him. He swung his Thunder Hammer with great ferocity. The Unicorn was starting to show signs of weakening, but was still fighting back.

"None can escape the yawning abyss!" He shouted as he put up a barrier. Inside he was trying to recover from the fight, and conjure another dark spell.

"For the Chapter!" A voice shouted. From the sky came a Pegasus Marine that slammed into the ground near the Unicorn, shattering the weak barrier. He took up his Power Axe and began to brutally slay the Discord Unicorn, cutting off his horn and planting a blow to his face. The Unicorn fell to the ground dead.

The Pegasus Marine turned and trotted up to Rojo. "Sergeant Rojo, report." He said through the filter grill of his white helm.

Rojo was surprised as he recognized the Pegasus Marine. "Captain Philosophies?" He said. "What is the Royal Guard doing on Dolmaska?"

"We go where the Chapter wills." said Philosophies. "Now report."

Rojo's eyes grew wide and then returned to normal. "Of course, Captain." He said. "The Dark Legion used a Chapter locator to ambush us. How they obtained it, I-"

"Facts, sergeant." Philosophies softly interrupted. "Do not speculate."

Rainbow Dash stepped up. "Here are the facts, Captain: The Dark Legion killed many scouts, but abducted more." She grew angry. "This is the second trap-"

"Rainbow Dash! Be quiet." Pinkie whispered.

"Enough, sergeants." said Philosophies as he approached Hammerheart. "Commander: Take your strike team and return to your strike cruiser. Await further orders." He looked to Rojo. "Sergeant Rojo: Gather your initiates and prepare for transport to Firebase Angus." He looked to everyone. "The events of this day are to remain strictly secret. Knowledge is power, Blood Phoenixes. Guard it well."