• Published 13th Jul 2013
  • 724 Views, 6 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II | Discord Rising - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
6
 6
 724

Uprising at Alicorn Forge

Hammerheart and the Pony Marines returned to the Retribution, along with Steedion's gene-seed. Captain Pegalos appeared onscreen and was informed of the Eldeer presence on Arctika.

"The Eldeer return to the sector could not have come at a worse time, Commander Hammerheart." said Pegalos. "As you suspected, the House Brae Tyre militiaponies who ambushed you at Rogant Glacier were not an isolated band of malcontents. More Brae Tyre rebels have risen up against Equestrial authority on Galantius. The Retribution will take you there to provide support. Governess Fluttershy will have further details for you when you arrive."

"What of Planet Arctika, Captain Pegalos?" Twilight asked.

"Twilight, I am reassigning you to Commander Hammerheart's strike force." said Pegalos. "You will all return to Arctika once the crisis on Galantius has stabilized. Pegalos out."

Twilight stepped up to Hammerheart. "Thank you for your intervention, Commander Hammerheart." She said. "The Empress's favor is clearly with you and your battle siblings. It is an honor to fight alongside the heroes of Salika.

Meanwhile, Pinkie was still trying to figure out the situation that happened previously on Arctika with the Guardponies. "I still do not see how these rebels could have imitated a Blood Phoenixes distress signal." She said. "The codes and rites for using our relays are among our most closely guarded secrets."

"Our Chapter hides far more than its communication rites." said Hoovitus.

"Perhaps," said Pinkie, "but someone knew just how to draw us into that trap."

Without time to lose, the Retribution made the journey to Galantius. From orbit, something was going on down upon the great cities. Then, the Planetary Governess herself came onscreen.

"Commander Hammerheart, Governess Fluttershy here." She said. "Insurgents loyal to House Brae Tyre have launched a sabotage campaign here on Galantius. Our infrastructure is still crippled from the Eldeer and Paranid attacks, and the Brae Tyre rebels know just where to strike to cause the most damage. What's more, raids from Hog Bandits have become endemic. We could use any aid you can provide, Commander."

No doubt about it, the most heaviest hit of all areas was Alicorn Forge itself. Hammerheart brought it into full view.

"Commander, this insurgency has stretched our loyal forces to the limit." said Fluttershy. "Hog Bandits have infested the hub-blocks outside Alicorn gate, and I can spare no troops to stop them. Only you can eliminate these xenos before they reach Alicorn Forge."

"What do Hogs have to do with the insurgency?" Hammerheart asked.

"House Brae Tyre wants Alicorn Forge for itself." Fluttershy said in minor disgust. "They are driving the Hogs ahead of them in order to weaken the Forge's defenses. If the insurgents take Alicorn Forge, they will have access to massive weapon stores."

"How well-defended is the Forge?" Hammerheart asked.

"Most Equestrial Guard forces have been diverted to deal with Brae Tyre insurgents." Fluttershy explained. "Those Guardponies still at the forge are dangerously short-hoofed. The defensive gate has been restored, but it remains in a weakened state. If Alicorn gate falls, nothing stands between the rebels and the forge."

After the transmission ended, Rainbow Dash approached Hammerheart with an idea.

"My Pegasus Marines are ideally suited for this mission, Commander Hammerheart." She said. "The invasion left that area a maze of walls and obstacles. Our wings will allow us to get access across any blockades."