• Published 13th Jul 2013
  • 723 Views, 6 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II | Discord Rising - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
6
 6
 723

Lifting of the Siege

Guardponies were shooting at, and being shot by Discord forces and traitorous Guardponies. Off to the side of the battlefield, a drop pod landed on a closed ground door. Out came Hammerheart and the others, and they made their way to the fight.

Fluttershy activated the intercom. "Attention: This is Planetary Governess Fluttershy." She announced. "The Blood Phoenixes are here! The Empress's Holy Celestial Warriors fight with us! Drive the traitors from the palace gates!"

The Pony Marines opened fire upon the heretics, tearing them to pieces with great ease. The Equestrial Guardponies, now with bolstered morale, continued to fight back against the heathens. The defensive battle seemed to have lasted for hours, but soon the heretical forces were being driven back by sheer willpower and firepower.

"The palace is safe thanks to your Blood Phoenixes, Commander Hammerheart." said Fluttershy.

"The Dark Legion will not give up so easily, Governess." said Applejack. "Prepare for a counter-attack."

"Commander Hammerheart, I have several Firagun Turrets ready to deploy." said Spike.

Hammerheart had Spike place turrets between openings in the Guard's three defensive firing line walls, and a few more placed near the entrance of the palace.

After a minute of waiting, the Discord forces returned. The Blood Phoenixes, their turrets, and the Equestrial Guard fought back with determination. The forces of Discord were also determined; to overthrow the Equestrium on Galantius.

Fluttershy contacted Hammerheart with information about the situation.

"The enemy still holds the Communications Array and Equestrial Shrine below the plaza, however." She said. "A quick strike could retake them, Commander."

Hammerheart had the Sergeants hold the palace while he, Hoovitus, Twilight, and Goliath went to take back the two key points. They made haste to the shrine first, shooting and crushing any traitor that stood before them. They reached the shrine, and killed off the Discord Marines that guarded the shrine.

"None shall take this place... while I remain." said Nule, insisting to stay and protect the shrine. "Assist the Governess... she is a worthy ally."

Twilight used her magic powers to teleport herself, Hammerheart, and Hoovitus first onto the bridge, then at the Communications Array. They slew the Discord Marines guarding the tower, and retook it.

"My initiates and I will keep this area secure." said Hoovitus as his Devastator squad garrisoned the array. "Your firepower is needed elsewhere."

When everything was set, Twilight teleported herself and Hammerheart back onto the bridge, and they rushed back to the palace in time to destroy more heretics.

Soon the traitors were dwindling in size, but that could only mean an army was coming.

"The enemy has massed for a counter-attack on the palace." said Fluttershy. "Stand with the Empress and drive them back!"

"Commander Hammerheart." Spike called. "The palace will not hold without your aid."

Soon the prepared army of Discord came charging at them. The turrets opened fire upon their numbers before the Pony Marines and Equestrial Guardponies did. The Discord forces brought with them heavy firepower and daemons to overwhelm the defense. Hammerheart dealt with the daemons, for they thrived in close-combat, and he was more than obliged to give it to them. Twilight, Applejack, and Hoovitus blasted the enemy to smithereens with all their combined might. Rainbow Dash and the Pegasus Marines took to the sky and slammed into the heretics' ranks, crushing and grinding their bodies to pulp. It took what seemed like years, but the forces of Discord were defeated in this battle.

"Thank you, Blood Phoenixes." said Fluttershy. "Once again you have saved Galantius."