• Published 13th Jul 2013
  • 723 Views, 6 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II | Discord Rising - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
6
 6
 723

A Call to Aid

Hammerheart and his Battle Siblings returned to their new Cruiser, appropriately named "The Retribution", and regrouped with Pegasus Marine Sergeant Rainbow Dash and Captain Goliath Nule. Michael Pegalos appeared onscreen.

"Well done, Commander Hammerheart." said Pegalos. "Those Guardponies have paid the price for betraying the Empress. We must discover who these traitors were and how they came to use a Blood Phoenixes code. But we will have to investigate that later. The second strike team I assigned to investigate Arctika has sent a distress signal. Sergeant Rainbow Dash and her Pegasus Marines are already prepared to deploy, along with the Harmonaught, Goliath Nule."

"This signal could be another trap, Cap'n Pegalos." said Applejack.

"This call is a full message, Sergeant." Pegalos replied. "Review the signal on your planetary display and provide whatever support you can."

Rainbow Dash approached Hammerheart with information about the traitorous Guardponies they fought.

"Commander Hammerheart," She said, "I recognize the markings on the troopers who ambushed you. They used Equestrial Guard equipment, but those were house Brae Tyre forces."

"Brae Tyre?" Applejack asked. "The deposed governor? That coward fled the sector when the Paranids attacked."

"The noble houses on Galantius have their own militia." said Rainbow Dash. "It looks like Brae Tyre's troops are resisting the new regime."

Hoovitus smirked. "I am sure Governess Fluttershy will be delighted."

Hammerheart zoned in upon the Toros Iceworks, and the sender of the distress call came onscreen.

"Strike Cruiser Retribution, this is Unicorn Twilight Sparkle." The Unicorn said. "We are under attack. The Eldeer are massing around us. They have a Treelord, which has already claimed Sergeant Steedion. We must drive these xenos back!"

Hammerheart raised an eyebrow from the given information. "What are the Eldeer doing on Arctika?" He asked.

"We found them excavating the area," Twilight explained, "to what end I don't know. The Eldeer have deployed a powerful force to ensure we do not find out. I fear we will not survive long without reinforcement."

The transmission ended, and a call from the Vehicle Docking Bay came up. Hammerheart answered it to hear Captain Goliath's deep metallic voice come through.

"Commander Hammerheart..." said Nule, "Steedion was once... my Second-in-Command. I will not... abandon him..."

"Our honored sibling is right, Commander." said Applejack. "We must recover Steedion and Twilight, and exterminate the Eldeer."