• Published 13th Jul 2013
  • 723 Views, 6 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II | Discord Rising - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
6
 6
 723

Relics of Space

The Blood Phoenixes returned to the Retribution, and Hoovitus was still unhappy about wandering around the space hulk.

"Your prize had better be worth sending us into that foul place, TechDrake." He said.

"Recovering gene-seed alone... is worth the risk, Hoovitus." said Goliath.

"I will begin analysis of the logic engine right away, Commander Hammerheart." said Spike. "We have also received distress signals from across the sector."

A call from Galantius came to the Strike Cruiser, and Hammerheart answered. Governess Fluttershy appeared onscreen.

"Commander Hammerheart, the Brae Tyre Heretics are gaining ground hourly." She said. "Captain Pegalos has sent no Blood Phoenixes to aid Galantius. We need..." She sighed, "I need your help. Please come to Galantius as soon as you can. Fluttershy out."

Spike called Hammerheart again. "The following transmission is repeating on secure Chapter channels:" He said before playing the message.

"Come Blood Phoenixes!" The voice of Aroghent shouted. "Face me in battle if you dare! I am Aroghent of the Dark Legion! I await you on Arctika!"

"The scum is challenging us like an Undercity horse fighter." Rainbow Dash said, confused by the Champion's boastful invitation.

Hoovitus leered. "If he wants a battle, I will give him one." He said.

"This must be a trap." said Applejack.

"Does it matter?" Hoovitus asked.

Hammerheart decided to further investigate the Harbinger of Damnation for more vital items and relics, including finding the geneseeds hidden by Boldo. He focused upon another access point.

"We have located the store of reductor vials left aboard the Harbinger of Damnation." said Spike. "Recovering additional Blood Phoenixes genetic material would be a great service to the Chapter. Daemons and xenos of all sorts infest this vessel, however, and it still resonates with Warp energies. Returning to the Harbinger of Damnation is entirely at your discretion, Commander Hammerheart."

"What of the dangers from Warp energies?" Hammerheart asked.

"You will automatically teleport back to the Retribution after a fixed amount of time." said Spike. "This should prevent you from becoming trapped and limits exposure to the maddening effects of the Warp."

Goliath appeared onscreen after Spike. "We cannot forgo an opportunity... to recover Blood Phoenix gene-seed." He said. "This could allow... the Chapter to grow strong again."

"With respect to Captain Nule, this space hulk looks like a deathtrap." said Pinkie. "Surely all the Blood Phoenixes who died there also thought they could secure the Chapter's future."

Twilight approached Hammerheart with a prideful need. "Commander, I have a request." She said. "Every Unicorn swears to protect the relics and histories of the Chapter. Leaving this vessel unexplored feels like a violation of that oath. I would ask to join you on this mission."

Hammerheart nodded, completely understanding the Unicorn's wish to keep her word to her duty.