• Published 13th Jul 2013
  • 723 Views, 6 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II | Discord Rising - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
6
 6
 723

Pain and Suffering

The grounds of the Firebase was teaming with Blood Phoenix Pony Marines, but fortunately Hammerheart's drop pod didn't grab their attention. Both he and the others emerged from the pod to begin their most disheartening mission yet.

"Remember: proceed cautiously and target the field generators." said Applejack. "We are here to recover data, not kill Blood Phoenixes."

Before they could move from their landing spot, Pinkie went invisible and moved ahead. She found one of the generators and threw in an explosive charge. After five seconds, the generator blew up, and the Royal Guard were quickly informed.

"Fall back to defensive positions!" said one of the marines as they galloped away from the area.

"Now, move forward while the way is clear." Applejack exclaimed.

They made haste and headed of to the next position. When they spotted another field generator and squad of Pony Marines with a Harmonaught, they got behind cover. Pinkie infiltrated again and threw another charge at the generator. It exploded, and the marines and Harmonaught fell back, but then screaming came from the sky above.

"Incoming artillery strike!" said Pinkie. "Clear the target area!"

She and her scouts galloped back to Hammerheart and the others, and artillery shells landed and demolished the spot where they stood. When the bombardment ceased, they continued, but found more Pony Marine squads, and no generator to destroy and make them retreat. They had to figure out a way past them without conflict. The squad ahead left, but one of the Pony Marines remained and spotted Hammerheart's force and opened fire without hesitation. Since they were found, Hammerheart and his siblings had no choice but to retaliate, costing the life of the loyal one doing his duty.

"Empress forgive us for taking our sibling's life." Applejack said in remorse.

Hammerheart collected the marine's geneseed and they moved on, and encountered the squad that left before, still no generator. They spotted Hammerheart's force and attacked, once again forcing them to strike back and kill them.

When the squad was laid to rest, Applejack looked to Hammerheart. "Commander Hammerheart, these killings stain our honor." She said.

Hammerheart was disgusted by what they have done as well, but when your own siblings try to kill you on the spot without any reason, what choice do you have? Hammerheart collected their geneseeds and they moved on. When they reached the entrance to the stronghold, they found the ones they were looking for.

"There he is." said Pinkie.

Apothecary Boldo himself had a Scout Pony Marine pinned under his front-left hoof, and he pressed his Chainsword against his throat and tore him open, spilling his blood in the name of the dark gods.

He looked up to see Hammerheart and his siblings approach. "Hello, siblings." He said. "So glad you have come to see me. I assume you uncovered our mutual friend's mewling message from the Retribution." He shook his head. "A foolish misstep. But that is something of a pattern with the Blood Phoenixes, I suppose." He pointed his weapon at Hammerheart. "Shall I kill you now?"

Hammerheart had the other leaders stay back while he himself dealt with the heretic. He took up his Thunder Hammer and charged. Boldo galloped after him as well, and they collided. Hammerheart swung with all the strength of his skills and abilities. Boldo slashed at him with his chainsword, but Hammerheart's Termineightor Armor protected him from serious wounds. Neither one held back, and both were equally matched. Hammerheart swung his Hammer again, but Boldo blocked his strike and held.

"You fight well." Boldo commented. "But do not fool yourself into thinking I am the only one who has seen the path of Discord." He broke his hold and rolled back. "Let me introduce you to more followers."

On cue, Termineightors appeared in a bolt of Warp energies. Goliath went in to eliminate them, and the other leaders shot them from their positions. The Termineightors were durable opponents, but were not invincible, and they were soon slain.

Hammerheart struck at Boldo, but the heretic blocked the attack. Hammerheart seized the opportunity to grab Boldo, pick him up over himself, throw him to the ground, and slam his hammer into his side. After the finishing blow, Warp particles evaporated from the Apothecary and vanished into thin air. The dying marine looked up at Hammerheart.

"Th-thank you..." He said, struggling to speak, "The daemon has lurked within me for too long... You must warn Philosophies; the siblings of his retinue, they serve Discord as well..."

"And Philosophies himself?" Twilight asked. "Has he fallen?"

"No..." Boldo coughed, "But his pride blinds him..." With that said, the once possessed Apothecary went limp, and life escaped his body.

Hammerheart and his siblings entered the stronghold area. But Philosophies himself flew in, and traitor marines came in as well, along with loyal Blood Phoenixes.

The Royal Guard opened fire upon Hammerheart and the leaders. The Pony Marines retaliated, killing the traitor marines that were hiding amongst the Royal Guard. Philosophies became outraged against their actions and attacked. He flew up into the air and charged to the ground, but Twilight seized him in her magical grip. With Philosophies restrained, Hammerheart called in an Orbital Bombardment, and the stronghold has razed to scrap.

Twilight released the Captain from her grip, and he landed on the ground. "You are traitors to the Chapter. Honorless scum." said Philosophies.

"Open your eyes, Cap'n." Applejack yelled. "We fight to preserve the Chapter. You abandon our worlds to the Dark Legion. You surround yourself with heretics like Boldo."

"Do not lecture me, sergeant!" Philosophies shouted. "I follow the orders of our Chapter Master Traytus. You are the only heretics I see here."

"Have Traytus and Boldo told you of their time on the Harbinger of Damnation, Cap'n?" Applejack asked. "Have they shared stories of the deaths of their siblings? Or the daemonic voice of Nettor that plagued them?"

Philosophies cocked and raised his head slightly at the mention of that name. "Nettor?" He said softly, "Where did you hear that name?"

"From Boldo, Cap'n." said Applejack.

Philosophies turned away. "Go from here..." He said, and Hammerheart and his siblings left the Captain and headed back to the Strike Cruiser.