• Published 13th Jul 2013
  • 723 Views, 6 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II | Discord Rising - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
6
 6
 723

A Terrible Surprise

On the streets near Alicorn Gate, Hogs bandits were waddling all over looking for something to make their own. Away from the gate, a quiet whistle grew louder, and a drop pod smashed onto the street. Out came Hammerheart and the other Pony Marines.

"I will be glad to be done with this place." Hoovitus said bluntly.

"Surely Alicorn Forge is worth defending, Hoovitus." said Twilight.

Hoovitus looked at Twilight with discontent. "Worry about moralizing later, Unicorn. There are Hogs to kill."

They headed down the street through the ruined portion of the city, and remnants of Paranid spikes.

"Dis way!" A Hog yelled, "I saw somefin from da sky!"

Pinkie sniped one of the Hogs, and the animal's suspicions was confirmed. "Dere! Ponie Marinez!" He called out. "KILL EM, BOARZ!" The Hogs aimed their guns and fired, but Hammerheart came charging at them, smashing through the small squad. When the Hogs were killed, the Blood Phoenixes continued down the street, only to encounter more Hogs that were looting from a tower.

"More Ponie Marinez?" A Hog Nob said. "Dis is me lucky day!"

Hammerheart attacked the Nob while the others engaged the rest of the Hogs. The Hogs were gunned down slowly, but surely. Twilight used deadly magic waves to destroy the Hogs from the inside-out. Hammerheart slammed his Thunder Hammer into the Nob's side, making it keel over, and then swung it into its face.

After finishing them off, Twilight remembered what the Nob said. "Did that Pigskin say 'more Pony Marines'?" She asked.

The Pony Marines looked at each other, but answers would have to come after the battle was finished. They moved on and found the last band of Hog Bandits. They dealt them a righteous finishing blow and then received a called from Fluttershy.

"Commander Hammerheart, Governess Fluttershy here." She said. "We are receiving a distress call from inside the defensive ring."

Fluttershy played the call, which was still being transmitted by a Guardpony Sergeant. "We are under heavy fire from insurgent forces inside the perimeter!" The Sergeant said. "Heavy casualties-" The call was cut. A large mass of dark magic formed behind the Guards' firing line, and an Earth Pony in black and gold armor appeared. He lifted his sword skyward and slashed the ground, sending the Guardponies flying and dying. More Earth Ponies dressed in robes and wielding lasguns appeared and opened fire upon the Guardponies' ranks.

"Make yourselves ready." The armored Pony said to the others. "The Blood Phoenixes will be here shortly."

It was clear; the forces of Discord were invading the planet, possibly even the whole sector.

"There is a command console inside the perimeter which you can use to lower the gate, Commander." said Fluttershy. "Wings should allow you to reach it."

"Commander Hammerheart, that position is exposed." said Pinkie.

"Then we break the gate down!" said Hoovitus. "Take the fiends by surprise!"

"With Alicorn gate shattered and the defenders dead, who will hold the Forge the next time?" Twilight argued.

"Enough!" said Goliath, "Commander Hammerheart... must decide."

Hammerheart didn't have to think this over. He looked to Rainbow dash and nodded. The Pegasus took to the sky and landed on the console, but was attacked by Discord Agents. She slashed at the corrupted fiends with her power sword, and then activated the gate's mechanism, much to Hoovitus's displeasure.

Hammerheart and the Pony Marines went in, with Rainbow Dash quickly joining them. They spotted the Leader of the Discord war band, who grinned when he saw them approach.

"Ah, here are our siblings." The Leader said. "Precisely on schedule."

The Blood Phoenixes unleashed Equestrial fury upon the war band. The heretics stood little chance against their mighty weapons as they lacked any armor themselves.

"This way, my siblings..." The Leader said as he turned and trotted away. Hammerheart and the Pony Marines followed after the Leader, but more Discord forces spawned before their eyes, this time they were armored and had equal firepower to match.

Applejack brought her hoof to her comm link and contacted Fluttershy. "We have encountered Discord Pony Marines." She said.

"Understood." said Fluttershy, "The Equestrial Guard will hold them as long as they can."

"We must not... let them escape." said Nule.

When they killed off the last Discord Marine, they went after the Leader again. He stood near a ledge, evil magic swirled close by to him.

"So good to see you all again, Blood Phoenixes." The Leader said. "I remember well our sparring on Cronus." From the magic, more Discord Marines, and even a Disharmonaught, spawned to destroy everything around them. "Tell Captain Nule that his old friend Skarsend is anxious to see him again."

Applejack's eyes widened when she heard the Discord Lord speak his name. Hoovitus gritted his teeth in pious anger. Goliath, though seemingly expressionless in his bulk, was unhappy with the return of his worst enemy from the Cronus Campaign. He went to engage the Disharmonaught, and their Grappling Limbs smashed. Hammerheart and the Blood Phoenixes attacked the Discord Marines that spawned with the heretical walker. They eventually dispatched the traitors, and Goliath delivered the finishing blow to the dark walker, making it fall on its side and disappear in an inferno of daemonic fire. Unfortunately, Skarsend had managed to get away.

"The insurgents are in full retreat." said Fluttershy.

"You have more than an insurgency on your hooves, Governess Fluttershy." said Twilight. "This is a full fledged heresy."