Looking for Editors 5,415 members · 3,384 stories
Comments ( 39 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 39

Hi, I'm RandomGuy101! I am not a professional, but I do know quite a lot about grammar. This is entirely free of charge! Just reply with your story embed in the comments. If you don't know how to do that, a URL is fine as long as you give me the tags and short description in your comment.

I WILL NOT edit a Mature story, and I reserve the right to deny a Teen story if it is too dark for me. I will not deny an Everyone story unless I am not available (editing another story, working on another project, etc.). I will update my status on my userpage if I am editing a story or otherwise not available.

EDIT: Please click the reply button to this message so that I may be notified of your request. Thank you!

EDIT 2: I will only accept one more story. After that, I will focus on the stories I have already accepted before I accept any more.

EDIT 3: I am closed to new entries.

EDIT 4: A downvote? Somepony's sore.

You are a good man, thank you for doing this. I need not any help with my story, but I would like you to know your generous offer did not go unnoticed.

7192139 are crossover fics allowed at teen of there not dark but have anime violence or jist geneal.ones

aww I needed one for a mature story

How violent? To the death? Hitting each other (with magic counts, I guess)? Broken leg? Almost dead?

Hey there, thanks for doing this!

I've got two contest pieces that I'd love for someone to proof. The first was already edited so it should be mostly fine, but I wouldn't mind making sure.

EDiscursive Formations: Headfirst for Halos
Happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, think
The Red Parade · 1.8k words  ·  23  3 · 598 views

The second is a bit more raw and hasn't been edited yet.

TDiscursive Formations: phantoms forever
The following document has been classified under orders of the Royal Guard. Please contact the Records and Registration Office of the Royal Guards for more details.
The Red Parade · 4.3k words  ·  26  5 · 767 views

Thanks again!

Thank you! I really appreciate that! Also, If you don't reply, I won't get a notification about your post, just so you know.

Sorry about that.

You're welcome! The first one doesn't look like it'll take too long. When I'm done with that, I'll see what I can do about the second one.

SAO crossover with my oc and with changes to stuff that really annoyed me about the anime not to many chapters in just 4 so far but have one huge battle in the third that could use some help sorting out. also my oc is half boubd to the rules of the SAO game itself but he is really there not just a avatar

also as to damage one instance of nearly losing a arm (large blade buried in right shoulder) and barley surviving (will admit some plot armour there) in the second chapter third chapter broken bones internal bleeding shatterd wings and barly living (this time more belivable as somome dragged him out the room and sent him to the town).

Crossovers are fine, but the story you're doing is pretty violent. I am sorry, but I will not edit it.

Wow, I didn't expect such a response! Thanks everyone!

Just a few tips of a fellow editor:
If you can, provide examples of stories you’ve already edited (or at least try to back up your knowledge of grammar by specifying what manual of style do you use or such).

Also, while editing a story by copy-pasting the errors somewhere else to correct them works, it is a really slow and inconvenient process. Furthermore, you may oftentimes encounter spots where you first need some clarification from the author. On the other hand, Google Docs and similar platforms allow you to add comments and suggestions in real time, so that both you and the author can work together on the story at the same time (which is really useful in case of looming deadlines) in a far more convenient way.

Okay, thanks for the tips! I will be sure to remember that for next time.

its fine tbh the anime its pretty heavy on violence during the start of the Aiurnguard and GGO areas abd the AOL section is just wrong in so many ways

You’re welcome! Let me know if you ever need anything :twilightsmile:

Mmm ... I wanted help, but my story is mature:fluttershysad:; Although I just needed help with the grammar of my current chapters, which have no sex or gore.

[Unpublished stories cannot be embedded]

This may be a silly question, but are you only taking completed stories at this time? Working on one currently and would love a proof reader for chapters that are completed and possibly in the future. :twilightsmile: it’s a Teen story no gore or death at this time but may have violence in future chapters.

That is actually a good question! If you want me to edit unpublished chapters, send me the info to access your Google Doc or give me the unpublish password to your story. Google Docs is preferred, but not required. However, I will not accept your story until you send me your story embed in your reply or the URL. Embed is, again, preferred, but not required. Thank you!

You edit, write and draw man talk about a jack of all trades! :rainbowlaugh: Sounds like some solid advice though. :twilightsmile:

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/464355/the-life-and-trials-of-autumn-moon

Sorry on mobile at the moment, and as for future chapters if you’d still like to work with me in future chapters (there may be violence ect) great and if not I appreciate the opportunity and any help! Thank you in advance! :twilightsmile:

wait, people charge for this? lol I thought people just volunteered in their free time.

How about my story Little Dragon Daycare is E about Spike running a daycare that allows for creature from other world to meet there. Some serious themes but nothing violent, some romance but not much, and mostly snarky spike and innocent kids.

ELittle Dragon Daycare
What do parents do when they need someone to look after thier kids? Simple, they take them to Little Dragon Daycare.
TAD2 · 72k words  ·  134  5 · 4.2k views

A lot of people charge for it. Probably why this thread is blowing up! :rainbowlaugh:

I will get to it when I can, but I'm working on another story right now, so it could be a while. Give me a day or two, and I should be available.

My story needs some help, it’s called a traumatic path. It’s about a kid named Michael who had witnessed and heard his father slap his mom. The child’s father had lied to the police, convincing them that the mom had slept with another man, which is obviously a lie. In a moments of desperation, the kid grabs his Princess Luna plushie and runs out the door to get his mom back. However he is to late and the police car gets away. Michael decides to wander into a forest he’d never seen before. He then ends up in Equestria, but through the process, he loses his memories. Only thing he remembers is his name, age and gender.

Rating: Everyone
Tags: Comedy, Sad, Tragedy

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/456835/a-traumatic-path

I hope you could help me, but I’m also technical new to my little pony, so please don’t criticize me to hard...
:twilightsheepish:

If you mean with thing like events in MLP:FIM, I'm not your guy. If you mean writing suggestions other than grammar, I'm still not your guy. If you mean with grammatical issues, I am your guy! I might not be able to get to you for at least 3 to 5 days, though. Maybe even longer, depending on this second story (and life). I hope that won't be too long of a wait. But if that's fine, I will definitely help!

To all, I will only accept one more story, and then I will focus on editing these stories before accepting any more. Sorry, but I didn't expect many stories, or for any of them to take as long as the one I'm working on does. I repeat, only one more story.

Yea, I need help grammar wise... not the best at words... :derpyderp1:

Okay, I’ll put you in.

Thank you :twilightsmile: Though truth be told, given how much I edit, I don’t really have time for writing or art :twilightsheepish:

You’re more than welcome, and makes sense seems like editors are always in high demand. I’m very appreciative of
for the wonderful offer :twilightsmile: it’s hard to find someone without a bias to read your stories much less offer free services :twilightblush: It’s not the same when you read your own writing I feel like you might miss more that way. Seems like this forum is a great place to find editors and most people seem very reasonable.

The problem of paid editors is an interesting one. Personally, I don’t charge most people I edit for, especially if they write just for fun (and I edit just for fun). I have a deal with a few authors with successful Patreons that I edit for, but even then, it’s more like a token than a payment. Of course, I also work off-site on various documents and scientific papers, where I charge far more (because there’s usually some money allocated just for this purpose in grants and the like).

It is quite a paradox that people are willing to pay a lot for cover art, but many don’t want to drop a single cent for editing. It might be because art is far more visible than edits, albeit editing might often require more time and effort, and I’d dare argue that it’s more important in the end. Another aspect that might play into this is that judging a quality of art is far easier than judging someone’s knowledge of grammar and spelling, so people may be less reluctant to pay for the former.

You raise some very good points, I won’t pretend to be an expert in this but it does seem that most people are willing to pay for art because it is easy to see. You’re right that it can be harder to judge someone’s editing skills in the same way, especially if you’re own skills are not the best or are under used. :twilightblush: However, editors are as important as artist to the story if not more so, I agree with you on that front. I’m doing this solely as fun, to write fun stories, give a smile or two and as a way to vent ect. But editors especially good ones should be appreciated as much as cover artist for the work they do, to improve the writing they review, it makes it so quality stories can be put out. This is the first time I’m having someone edit/proof read my stuff and so far I’m really happy with the it. Not only that they put in a lot of work :rainbowlaugh: it made me look at my writing and man I never knew you could have to few commas :rainbowlaugh: but all in all to any editors, artist I think they do an awesome service.

Sorry.

P.S. If you wish for me to be notified of your response, please reply to the original comment or any other comment of mine you are replying to. Thank you!

Aww. Shame. No worries, I have a proofreader now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 39