The Lunaverse 2,571 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 2027 )
  • Viewing 1,801 - 1,850 of 2,027
InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

Another master of inconvenience has emerged!

Twilight is doomed. :raritydespair:

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

4272933 Good thing Sunset Shimmer is in that other universe...

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Sort of reminds me of this...

Though I prefer this interpretation...

Of course if the trend keeps up at this rate it won't be long before someone can create a whole AU out of just Twilight and her shadow archetypes.

That would be such a jam though. It'd be like all those anti-Elements of Harmony AUs but with actual characters from canon.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

"The Hell did Shining Armor have to eat last night? Is this a contact high?"

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

That's Kroop berry's for you.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Sunset is reborn like a phoenix o.o

I've been thinking about that, and while I know her sprouting wings at the end of the song is supposed to be evoking the whole phoenix imagery, I'm not sure I really like it in the context of MLP. It'd be great if she where a pegasus, or fine even if she was an earth pony, but she nether. As a unicorn, adding wings to her also evokes the concept of alicorns (whether intentionally or not), and I just don't think Sunset's earned that.

It might be different if it were done with her pony form where the flaming wings would be a much more clearly distinct magical construct, like Rarity's butterfly wings. In her human form, however, I feel like that line is a lot more blurred. At the very least I think the wings should be detach floating at her sides rather than flowing directly out of her body.

I'm not sure how I feel about her throwing away her jacket as a sign of moving on that thing was sort of an icon for her

Been thinking about this some more too, and it bothers me less now, especially seeing as how she also removed the jacket at the climax of Rainbow Rocks. Honestly I think the only thing that really bothers me is that new dress she's wearing, the colors just clash horribly with her complexion and the design doesn't really suit her personality (stripping away what little identity she has by being overly generic). I'd be fine if she just kept her old outfit sans-jacket, but this new dress just doesn't work for me at all.

Also speaking, of the climax from Rainbow Rocks, Sunset's verse in that still just gives me so many feels. She might not have much character, and I sort of feel like they overly truncated her atonement process. Although I more so blame Twilight for being a spotlight stealer in that respect, her inclusion leaving too little time to focus on Sunset. Still, that song just speaks volumes all by itself...

"You're never gonna bring me down; You're never gonna break this part of me"

...but my favorite part probably comes in the group chorus...

"And together, we will never; Be afraid of the dark!"

...seriously that line just has so many lairs of meaning to it. On the surface it's about defeating the sirens, but underneath I think it shows how through friendship Sunset can rise above her past and move on without any fear of her own inner demons. And then she transforms, and for all my complaints about everything leading up to it, and for all I know I'm being emotionally manipulated, I just LOVE every moment of it!

Enough of over-analysis of pastel human shaped ponies though, let's have a little bit of Twilight's other shadow-archetype being silly...

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

4282629 I saw a toy of her with the fiery wing at TRU today so I guess that's all those were for... Despite all truncated characterisation and the merchandising the Equestria Girls movies are still miles above any of the Princess Whatever crap Mattel is putting our for Barbie. :pinkiesick:

And I just love the music in Rainbow Rocks. I actually bought the soundtrack on iTunes. I was pretty happy to see it there!

vazak
Group Contributor

Love number 1 fire wings are badass, shame about the jacket though, and really liked the opening to number three XD

I just love the way that one guy is grabbing the other ones head to say "look here, giant rabbit! See I'm not crazy!"

I feel high just looking at it and i've never even taken drugs.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

I should really consider buying the sound track myself. I think I even have enough money in my iTunes account from back when I purchased Seasons 1&2. Thing is though, I haven't actually touched I tunes since the DVDs became available, and I've changed computers too and am not sure I want to go to all the trouble of reinstalling it.

Maybe I'll see if the old computer still works and fire it up just long enough to make the purchase as a show of support, and because the money credited to my account isn't really good for much else. Otherwise though, I think I'll just stick to Youtube where all the songs are available on Denial Ingram's official channel.

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

I'm glad I wasn't the only person to think of this during the episode:

And then the CMC were wiped in the first round and had to load from an earlier save.

I need to finish my re-play of Persona 4.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Never played any of the Personas...my total knowledge of them comes from the Two Best Friends Play series.

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

I would aim to rectify that...but buying you a PS2, PS3, PSP, 3DS, and/or Vita/PlayStation TV so that you can actually play any of them is far out of my budget. Still, they are really damn good.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

4272925 4273057 4283029
Sweet merciful deity of choice, it get's even trippyer.

vazak
Group Contributor

It's so addictive, make it stoooop! :twilightsmile:

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Chrysalis really needs to leave off the acid...

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

But what if changelings are like xenomorphs, and it's literally in their blood? :derpytongue2:

vazak
Group Contributor

How do they get anything done?
Though it might explain a few things.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

Could the show makers be taking a page out of our book? Probably not, but this made me chuckle at the notion. :twilightsmile:

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Yeah, probably not.

Celestia going all "nightmare" mode is pretty much a concept as old as the brony fandom itself. Still kind of cool to see it get more recognition in an official product. Who knows, if we're lucky, maybe it'll an actual figurine could get released as a store specific collectable exclusive or something. That'd be pretty cool as the design would probably be close enough to make a good Corona stand in.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

I'd totally buy a dark side Celestia plushie. I'd actually be surprised if this ended up in the show, but I suppose one of the things I like about the current season is the feeling I have that anything goes and the show could go in a lot of directions. Hmm, this also I suppose could hint at the plot of the movie they're working on.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

Because we need the RANDOM back.

That is just incredible. Fantastic work finding it, Vex.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Sunset: You'll never get away with this, and you're about to say "Why, because you didn't?"
Adagio: Why, because you di - !_!

GreyGuardPony
Group Contributor
vazak
Group Contributor
Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Guyvex actually already linked this just 4 posts back.

Regardless, this is always a weird video series to watch. I just never really quite know what to think about it... or maybe it's just such a crazy thing that it robs me of all ability to think, leaving me helpless to do anything except stare in wonder at the sheer spectacle of it all. :pinkiecrazy:

vazak
Group Contributor

:twilightblush: I suck, sorry folks.

I would say the latter.

vazak
Group Contributor

Sometimes I hate following twitter accounts, but sometimes it allows me to see these things.

First time seeing one XD

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

So this is pretty random but... the Royal Canadian Mint is filled with mad scientists. There's just no other explanations...

These are circulation coins!

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

Have you guys seen this new series of minis??

Sweetie Babs?!

The back of the card hilariously uses a mean looking pic of Babs!

The line also includes two random foals and a bucket of apples, a Big Mac pulling a cart and a sleeping Applejack in a bed! Really regret not picking up sleeping AJ...

It's subtle but Applebloom isn't just the old mold with a hole in her head for the pole.

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

Rarity had a little too much to drink last night.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

The deleted scenes from Rarity Takes Manehattan that were considered inappropriate for a kid's cartoon. :raritywink:

On an equally random somewhat pony related note, I recently discovered that Rambo apples are at thing. Not only are there apples called Rambos, but the actual character of John Rambo was named after them. I find this fact rather awesome and hilarious and feel there has to be some kind of pony fic potential in the untold story of Applejack's long lost cousin, Rambo Apple.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Just occurred to me that I've never actually seen any Rambo film...I should at least see First Blood at some point. Or even (gasp) read the book it was based on!

Nah, that's crazy talk.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

Oddly enough First Blood is the only one I've seen. Its a pretty good film, overall. A lot different than what I'd expected, as it seems to take place before John Rambo becomes the more stereotyped sweaty action dude with machine gun and bullet bandoleer blasting dudes in the jungle that everyone tends to think of when they think Rambo. The first film is all about him running from cops in Oregon.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Oregon being well known for its hardened criminal population and disproportionate number of disaffected Vietnam vets...

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

It really is kind of a weird set up for a movie, especially when you go into watched it only knowing of the Rambo stereotype of run and gun action. You'd never think the first film is more a psychological thriller with some action overtones, almost like The Fugitive. And that Rambo is beating up cops in the forests of the Pacific Northwest while basically having a massive PTSD mental breakdown.

GreyGuardPony
Group Contributor

After a night where I was in kind of a downer mood, this made me smile. :pinkiehappy:

La Vallett1
Group Contributor

4544817 Now I'm imagining the Mane 6 on holiday somewhere on Earth.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Err, umm... :rainbowhuh:

...I'd say I couldn't make head or tails of this, but I'd only be half right. :pinkiehappy:

La Vallett1
Group Contributor
Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

4544817 :pinkiehappy: Nice!

Looks like one of those Tim Horton's/Cold Stone places... though they don't have those around here anymore...

4544963 Gotta be a fic like that somewhere out there. In the meantime you can read this good story that sets up a world where that would be possible...

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

Works surprisingly well.

Alchemystudent
Group Contributor

*Ahem* Ladies and gentleman of the Random forum, I wish to formally blame my father for making me into the strongly opinioinated, fighing the good fight, gets angry at injustice, and generally insane person that I am today.

Why?

Becuase when I was 8/7 he took me downstairs to the living room and watched Babylon 5 with me. That is right, he had me watch that show all the way from season 1-4 and I am dang positive that the demographic was 12 and up and should not have been seen by a kid like me. That being said my favorite character when I was a kid was Lando Mollari, I understood the science of it all, and I know that certain episodes influenced me a lot

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

4549390 Oh, god! I can see Bulk being pushed so hard in the 80's. I am dying, here.:D :D :D

GreyGuardPony
Group Contributor

Vince puts his faith in Big McLargeHuge! :pinkiehappy:

La Vallett1
Group Contributor

Not Corona, but still a very nice picture of a Nightmare Celestia. Here is the source of the pic.

• Viewing 1,801 - 1,850 of 2,027