The Lunaverse 2,569 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 2027 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2,027
Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

It's late, I'm goofy, we need a spot to drop random stuff that has no value except amusement. :pinkiecrazy:

Was searching DeviantART because I realized my hard drive had a serious lack of Carrot Top. These pics mad me think of Fizzy's story in odd or silly ways.

-- Carrot Top chasing Angel?
-- Some where in the infinite multiverse this is why Rarity was being so nice to Carrot Top. :duck:
-- How some other Carrot Top handled the Angel problem.
-- I have no idea why it exists, but apparently this is where Carrot Top got the idea she could burn down doors by staring at them. :rainbowhuh:

In slightly different news.

-- Look, it's a completely different trio of not sirens for Twilight to lecture. :twilightangry2:

Finally, on a completely unrelated note.

-- Everytime it pops up on Everfree Radio, this song always makes me think of L!Trixie.

Anyway, I should probably go to bed now, or something, though that probably wont happen quite yet. :pinkiecrazy:

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

313858 Good thread idea!
313864 :rainbowlaugh: Applebloom with a tommy gun! We need to have an episode where one of the Luna6 dreams she's a noir detective and ends up facing the Apple family like that :rainbowlaugh: maybe I could hommage Decoder Ring Theatre's Black Jack Justice radio dramas! Either the episode No Justice or Some Kinda Lucky. Since they both got some gangsters in prominent roles. Or maybe this one, replacing Granny Sullivan with Granny Smith. The funniest part of course is that one of the character is named Trixie! :trixieshiftleft:

Speaking of detective, Lyra could make a good one. Maybe I could replace Jack with Lyra and Jack's girlfriend Dot with Bon Bon...

And now for Carrot Top, who is quickly becoming my Lunaverse top poni :pinkiehappy:

- Carrot Top of War?
- Human Carrot Top has nice hair!
- I'm sure there is a story in this picture. Maybe another dream secquence! Oooh... perhaps a whole fic with the Luna 6 living various types of adventures in their dreams?
- I'm not sure about the red roses but I really like her mane like this.
- Ditzy shouldn't drive. :derpyderp2:
- You know this song? Here's an interpretation of its lyrics.

That's all for now folks :pinkiehappy:

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

313864 314007
Agreed cast one of the L6 as a noir style P.I. with that "Apple Mafia" as antagonists then set the whole thing in the down and dirty streets of Manehattan (or maybe a ponified Chicago) and there definitely would be the workings of greatness. Don't know if it needs the dream sequence framework, could work just fine as a non-canon AU story (hmm, AU of an AU, someone is going to make an overplayed meme reference, but it won't be me).

Also...

Ooh, I've always loved that armed to the teeth CT blade master, been in my desktop rotation since the artist posted it. I even showed up in the comments under my DA identity. Vampire hunter CT is another good one. How is it that such a simple farm girl with a fashionable mane manages to inspire such badass warrior art?

...and that Gala CT, just beautiful. Gala dress ponies are always great. Let's have some more.

-- Trixie cuts a such an elegant figure
-- I rather like this one as well
-- The Great & Powerful one is pretty much stunning in anything

-- Probably something only M!Ditzy would wear
-- This is probably more L!Ditzy's style
-- H!Ditzy also has some nice taste
-- Still looks good in pony form too, also such a sad pic

-- Lets not forget the love birds

-- Poor Cheerilee though, dateless as always

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

314184 AU of an AU would be a bit crazy don't you think :derpyderp2: I think the dream framework would be better. Like I said we could come up with multiple dream story, one for each of the Luna6! I know the Apples are Carrot Top's 'rivals' but I really want to write a vampire hunter Carrot Top story :derpytongue2: so the detective story would have to be starring Trixie:trixieshiftright:. Plus she's got an assistant who could show up in the dream as an assistant! That'd work well.

I like the first Trixie gala dress. The sad pic Ditzy has a really good design for her dress. I love the idea of Lyra's gala dress being inspired by Greco-roman fashion, it works really well. And the way Bon Bon and Lyra have each other's cutie mark as jewelry is really cute.

:fluttercry: Cheerilee!! I'll dance with you poor Cheerilee :fluttercry: That's it! We gotta find her a coltfriend!

No dress for Raindrops sadly... the only thing I could find is the one in this pic. Doesn't really suit her much, but I do like the hair style.

We really need to find ourselves someone who can actually draw XD

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

AU of AU might seem a bit much, but it all dials back to RRD's concept that having non-canon Lunaverse stories somehow makes the whole project more legitimate. It doesn't get any more non-canon than dropping characters/concepts into AU period settings and the mane-line already has plenty such, so why not have a few of our own? Nothing wrong with the dream framework though, I just don't feel it adds anything to a story that might be strong enough to stand on its own.

Besides for the real crazy would be some kind of recursive adaptation. Example, I've got a legitimate idea for an M! version of the events of Family Matters, now we're talking crazy. :derpytongue2:

Back to the gala dresses, I did find that pic of Raindrops while searching, also this one, but left both out because neither much compares to the wrest. Fancy balls don't seem much her style anyway, so maybe she just sits it out. Or maybe she'd attend without formal-wear, M!AJ was going to do that and only got a dress because Rarity insisted.

We do really need to get some artists on our side though. So far I'm the closest we got, and all I do is shoddy vector compilations. :facehoof: Though I guess RDD has done a few of those too for his cover arts.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

314243 Only a Princess can attend the biggest social event of the year naked :trollestia: even Raindrops would have to get fancy-ed up!

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Mostly I just want more art of Corona. I'm kind of getting sick of using the same vector over and over of her.

Though ADemonicPresence did take a picture and modify it for Corona:

(can't find the original online)

There's also a Raindrops Answers tumblr. I found this there, as well as a Gala dress for her.

The tumblr existed before I wrote Boast Busted, but I'm actually glad I didn't find it before coming up with L!Raindrops' personality. L!Raindrops and tumblr Raindrops are very, very different. Which is not to say I don't like it...

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Ooh, looking sweet. Looks familiar, think I've seen the original somewhere before, though no idea where exactly.

Makes me a little jealous though. That's the kinda mod work I'd like to do for my covers, but I've never gotten my photoshop ported over from the old laptop, so I've been stuck with MSpaint.

I'm loosely familiar with that Tumblr. Yeah the personalities are different, but the caption on that dress is probably still spot on.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

314257 I like it. Needs fancier hair though.

That Corona looks neat.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

I don't know. The M6 were among the few ponies truly dolled up to the nines. Most of the other guests weren't wearing much more than bow-ties, beads, and the occasional saddle or cape. Then again in the Lunaverse I suppose high-end formal attire might be more mandatory.

Although, Celestia wasn't technically naked, she was clothed in her standard royal regalia.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

314330 Still Raindrops would be expected to fancy up her hair at least, maybe a formal saddle.

It's hilarious to think of Celestia not dressing up any special for the biggest social event of the year, or when officing at a fancy royal wedding :trollestia:

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

She's a princess. Her regalia is likely the purest hight of finery. Also a LIVING GOD! What mortal dress could compare to the glorious splendor of her equine perfection? :trollestia:

Not an example divine nudity or perfection of the equine form, but still really badass!

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

314330, 314372: I could see Ditzy dressing up, particularly L-verse Ditzy, who would probably see it as rude or disrespectful to show up to something like a wedding underdressed.

Carrot Top I could see pulling an Applejack and showing up in farmer's gear, perhaps because she doesn't own anything better. (And then maybe Trixie offers to illusion her up a fancy dress, only for the spell to fail at the worst possible moment).

Trixie would be in the gaudiest wizard robe imaginable, and it would probably catch on something and drag it off the table before the evening was over.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

Something else random I was thinking about...

We need to get Lyra a gaffophone. :pinkiecrazy:

That thing is practically a weaponized instrument! In her magical hooves she could lay waste to armies with it. :rainbowdetermined2:

314379 That really is badass o.o

314380 I like to think Carrot Top is a little bit more conscious of her appearance than Applejack. In my mind, getting fancy hair product is like the only luxury she allows herself. Unlike Applejack she wasn't born on the farm, but raised in a city. I don't know about Trixie being gaudy but I think she would do everything in her power to be the center of attention and wow others.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Good lord that "instrument" is magnificently hideous. I might sorta actually want that to happen. Alternatively though we could maybe get her one of these.

I fully agree with CT being fancier than AJ. Though I must question, how can you doubt Trixie's gaudiness? The girl regularly dresses in a star-studded hat and cape as her casual wear, I can only imagine her personal idea of fancy.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

314405 Depends if she designs her gala wear herself or lets someone in the know handle it.

The Gaffophone isn't just hideous, its dangerous! It has been known to cause glass to shatter, walls to crack, a SCALE MODEL of it destroyed a scale model building, and, in one rare occasion where it was accompanied by three smaller instruments of its ilk, caused a building's entire story to collapse onto the lower level! One day Gaston, its inventor, went to play on a hill in nature, a passing jet plane registered the sound wave as a potential enemy weapon and ground troops were called to assault the hill.

Its an instrument of mass destruction. Considering what Lyra can do with a simple lyre?

:twilightoops:

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Trixie's opposed to wearing a dress, we know, not even wearing them to the Grand Galloping. She'd probably still want to dress up for it, though.

I used the pony creator that the Hub's website had put up for the wedding to make this:

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

314481 The colours feel a bit off, gold is not fashionable in Luna's equestria, it should be a silvery colour. Otherwise that's actually a pretty sweet costume.

Another possibility would be to draw inspiration from Zatana's costume :derpytongue2: Hmm...Trixie in fishnets :trixieshiftright:

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

The picture's old, and I did it under the assumption of Trixie going to the royal wedding. I might toss together a Lunaverse version at some point.

A stylized version of Zatana's costume was actually what I was going for. :twilightsmile:

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin
Blackbelt
Group Contributor

My god........we have to do that. Lyra needs to play one of those at some point in time.....

She could decimate the entire Changeling army with that thing....

314213 I can draw! I can draw!

...I just rarely actually do. :applejackunsure:

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

If you do not draw, then a head will roll!

HIS!

314650 :rainbowderp: DRAWING, I'M DRAWING NOW!

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

On the note of art, though, there is definitely more Raindrops art than there used to be. There were not this many pics when I started writing Boast Busted.

It's almost certainly a result of Johnjoseco doing a series of Raindrops & Bread pictures, and not me, but it does give us some rather nice gems.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

314650>>314652 that's not really nice! :rainbowlaugh:

314629 Maybe she could find it in the royal canterlot armories!

Raindrops: What IS that thing?
Lyra: I don't know but it was locked being a BIG door in the armory!

Speaking of instruments and Lyra.

314667 Actually can't draw now; going to have dinner with a published author to discuss my original story :P

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

314481 314585
Love it, almost tasteful, but still appropriately gaudy. I also was getting a Zatana vibe even before it was specified to be the case. Colors are fine to me, I see it as yellow not gold. Besides, prior to Corona being freed, it would be a great way to force people to pay attention, and Trixie is hardly known for tactful subtlety, so I could see her having worn it to 1 of the 5 GGGs she's attended.

I don't know if there's actually been all that big an influx of Raindrops stuff, though I'm certainly more aware of what little there is. Speaking of which, I keep wanting this to be a story of some kind. Maybe Dash and Raindrops trade jobs for the day and each get a better appreciation for the other.

Hey, as long as the possibility of Lunaverse fan art is on the table I don't much care how long it takes. Also, good luck with your meeting.

314829 It'll be here sooner or later, and thanks; it was great!

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

This thread needs a fresh infusion of random.

Ran across this just now while, well actually I'm not really sure how this had anything to do with what I was actually looking for, but royal guard ponies are always fun. Though these two are obviously either M! or brainwashed by Corona. More on this line...

-- Not L!Shining Armor, but a nice badass guard captain anyway
-- What far too many silly folks think L!Twilight should do
-- Triixxxieeeee!
-- Also more pony mechs because those are still cool
-- and just because I've always liked this one

Gah, that's about all that's worth posting. DA has too many sun-guard ponies and not enough moon-guard ponies. Someone needs to fix that. Though I was most disappointed I couldn't find a sun-guard Zecora, that would be awesome for the Lunaverse

Edit: Also because RDD wanted more potential Corona art (1, 2, 3, 4). They aren't perfect, but most are at least semi-passable. Could probably all be tweaked easily enough. The battle armor ones could even work for her return appearance at the Summer Sun Festival, as she might be looking for more of a straight up fight by then.

Oh, and I'm now in love with this. Put her in black armor and that would be just about my personal perfect take on an evil Celestia.

Also this, because it's the most badass Twilight as an evil alicorn I've ever seen. Oh and apparently there's a second take version. Is it wrong that I find her rather hot like that?

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

315161 Those Knight of Harmony can give a different meanting to 'Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken' :derpytongue2:

-Speaking of Saint Seiya and ponies, Rarity make a fetching Pisces Saint in CSIMadmax 'Battle for Equestria' mash up comics.
-Found this while searching for the above comic.
-The 80s!
-This is heavy Twilight...
-Totally radical... I think?
-Now that's more like it!
-There's like, way too much of this!
-One last one for the road?

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

God, I love that comic. Thanks for reminding me it existed. Why was I not tracking the artist?

Love those "old-gods" Celestia and Luna. One of my long running headcanon theories has actually been that they aren't really ponies at all, but merely assume alicorn form to keep their subjects at ease. Course I also have two or three other haedcanons regarding their true nature and origins as well.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

My personal headcanon is that their alicorn form is their true form, but then that's because my personal mythology for them has them wondering what's wrong with the first ponies they met and trying to figure out why ponies looked like them.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Like I said I've got a few headcanons on the matter, other than the "old-gods" one above. Another would be rather similar to what you just described. Still another has them as ordinary ponies who were transformed when they stood up against Discord and discovered the Elements of Harmony. Still another has them as the twin daughters of a ménage à trois between Clover, Smartcookie, and Pansy (the real story of how the three ponies kept warm and drove away the windigo).

I sorta some day want to write a story about that last one. Not the ménage à trois! Get you minds out of the gutter. Rather, about how the sisters grew up, discovered just how truly special they were, and became rulers of Equestria.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

315303 It's spelled "ménage à trois". :trixieshiftright::pinkiehappy::trollestia:

Incidently its also the title of a pretty cool (NSFW and rated R) webcomic.

Awesome find with the Corona pics BTW.

Ya know, when it comes to Discord I really hope we can build up to him by peppering our stories with legends and stuff about him so that when he shows up, someone who has never seen the canon Discord could still feel scared of him.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

It's spelled "ménage à trois". :trixieshiftright::pinkiehappy::trollestia:

Yes, I know that, and you can't prove otherwise :twilightangry2:

Huh. That second one is pretty similar to my own headcanon for them.

The only real difference between yours and mine is the timing. (Clover had to research the spell first)

I love Raindrops' dress. :raritystarry:
That gaffophone is PERFECT! :pinkiehappy:

There should be Lunaverse art in dA. Somebody get to work, quick!

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Many of you might have already seen this piece on EQD today, but it's just too cool not to see more of. Not Corona, but still a beautiful take on evil Celestia,oh and an evil Luna too. Whatever world this would be from is royally screwed.

The artist also does great tech-battle armor ponies.

-- Weaponized Music
-- Badass Siblings

315303>>315297>>315425 My personal headcanon is that Alicorns are simply a very rare, very powerful, and very, very long-lived type of pony.

315356 I also support epic [strike]Disney[/strike] Discord.

316006 I'm currently working on a humanized L!verse version of the group shot from the into.
Unfortunately, I suck at drawing humans, so it's been slow-going.

*checks clock* ...oh. Well, there goes my night of writing/drawing/actually being productive. :ajsleepy:

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

That's largely in line with some of my headcanons on the matter. Never decided on just how rare though. I did make up my own mathematical power chart for that concept though. :twistnerd:

Lesser Alicorn: Blends the qualities of two pony tribes. Possess 4 times the power and lifespan of an average pony. (Examples: Cadance – pegasus/unicorn; Starswirl the Bearded – unicorn/earth pony; probably not Twilight Sparkle – she just gets a boost for special talent and being the Element of Magic; maybe Fluttershy – pegasus/earth pony)

Greater Alicorn: Blends the qualities of three pony tribes. Possess 27 times the power and lifespan of an average pony. (Examples: Celestia and Luna, DUH! They might have even great increased power/lifespans from having wielded the Elements)

Pseudo Alicorn: Possesses the physical qualities of one pony tribe, but the spiritual qualities of another. Power and lifespan are same as any normal pony. (Example: Fluttershy – body of a pegasus, but with the soul of an earth pony).

True Alicorn: Blends the qualities of all four pony tribes, seaponies being the forth. Possess 256 times the power and lifespan of an average pony. (Examples: the mighty Fausticorn if she existed)

I dunno

Actual relevance/connection to this group: Minimal.

How much one reminds me of the other or vice versa: Surprisingly Often.

Awesomeness levels: Off The Chart.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

Since I was mentioning Azumanga Daioh earlier. Check this one. Kinda wish there was a fic using this pic :derpytongue2:

Here's another crazy crossover.

And just because Cheerilee needs love.

Let's just have the ponies first, then we can go for humanization.
Now that I see this, I wanna say Raindrops is a Pseudo. Why? Fortitude. :trollestia:
Yay for Lula Moon!

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

Good idea. Something I should have probably listed from the start, though given that Fortitude is a physical quality she might actually be lesser. Either way, my headcanon appreciates being able to think of at least one of the L6 as special.

For me just about all the M6 are special ponies. Fluttershy is the aforementioned pseudo alicorn. Twilight, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash are all exemplars/paragons; ponies that exhibit the purest qualities of their respective tribe to an almost perfect degree. Then there is Pinkie Pie, who is some inexplicable random anomaly of the universe. Which all leaves Rarity out in the cold so to speak.

I should probably feel bad for neglecting my personal best pony, but in a way I like to think having her be the one normal pony surrounded by such powerful teammates makes her all the more special and unique. She gets to play Batman to the Justice League that is the rest of the M6.

319376 Well, I suck even worse at drawing Ponies, so I figured this would be the best way to attempt it.

319457 Hmm, interesting.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2,027