Twilestia is Bestia 3,271 members · 956 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

I'm in a Twilestia mood, and I'm looking for recommendations. Most of the Twiliestia I've read has Twilight confess to Celestia in some awkward way or another; I'm seeking the opposite. I'm searching for stories with Celestia as the pursuer / aggressor / confessor. Not so much of the Molestia type - those are easy to find.

The Princess and the Pupil / Lavender on White doesn't count.

So there we go: looking for Twilestia where the Sun's sights are set squarely on our favorite librarian. Ideas?

This may or may not have anything to do with some of my commenters asking me to try my hand at writing Twilestia.

There is Sunset Looms, but I remember that one being very much one-sided.

1979404 The only one I can remember is My Princess. Technically there is also The Sordid Truth, but that one seems to be dead.

My, it seems we are severely lacking in Celestia-pursuing Twilestia. And a reliable source suggested you may want to try writing Twilestia. This happy coincidence could turn out to be a pretty good thing, indeed!

Funny enough, I was (a long time ago) told that there was too much Twilestia where 'molestia' was all over innocent lil' Twilight Sparkle and that I should try to avoid that.

An Unimpressive
Group Admin

TIME FOR THE ADMIN TO PROMOTE HIMSELF :facehoof:

This might work for you. It toys with the idea of Molestia, but never fully goes there.

And since it's on Protect Celestia it obviously didn't cross the line

Still is a good idea to avoid molestia

*Sees the one who started this Topic*

That Can't be real...

*This Comment is totally irrelevant for this Topic*

1979500 I suggest you start writing then just not molestia

1979404 I can only think of one comedy story (forgot the name, sorry) where Celestia is completely smitten and Twilight politely refuses.
Strangely enough, Celestia confessing goes bad much more often than the other way around.
I guess it's just general conception that a princess gets confessed to and does not need to pursue.
I tired to explore the subject a little in "Between Day and Night".

You really only see that in clopfics, and even then it's far from all.

I'd like to think I did it right (but it's not Celestia doing the chasing), without the 'molestia' aspects.

A nice little piece, and definitely one-sided. Also complete, which far too many stories (guilty) aren't.

Sordid was priceless. Excellent stuff, and over a year now since the last update. Shame. My Princess, too, was quite nice. Interesting how many of these feature frisky, playful, snarky matchmaker Luna.

There's plenty of that in the clop section, easily avoidable if you want to skip it. Interestingly, in the actual APM blog it seems entirely consensual, at least on the Twilestia front.

Thumbs-upped and gold starred long ago. I'd love to have seen a third draft, where Twilight's answer to this:

“Part of you thought that?”

I closed my eyes and nodded. Face the executioner with dignity, Twilight. No tears. Come on.

“Maybe even wanted that?”

was "Yes," followed by tears, angst, and hopefully (thank you, Donny's Boy) makeouts.

Tremble and quake, mortal. Hey, that might actually be a good title...

I tired to explore the subject a little in "Between Day and Night".

WHICH YOU SHOULD BE UPDATING. NOW. RIGHT NOW. INSTEAD OF READING THIS.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

WHICH YOU SHOULD BE UPDATING. NOW. RIGHT NOW. INSTEAD OF READING THIS.

Poor Dave. Constantly getting lobbied to write Twilestia. *casually joins lineup demanding more*
1979994 Want some more shameless admin self promotion? There are numerous Twilestias here, and some of them feature Celestia as the pursuer. If you don't see exactly the story you're looking for, this is the thread for adding news ones, which you are always welcome to add to. The prompt currently is Resolutions.

In addition, we're currently running a monthly contest about how Twilight and Celestia first hooked up. You can check that out and see if there are any good Twilestias there.

If you're looking for some unrequited love on Celestia's side, go here, here and here.

If you want some skippy happy fun times in which Celestia is the chaser: here, here (not a personal favourite, but fits the theme)here, here,and here

WHAHA Don't tease me like this:raritycry: And yes it would be an Excellent Title

1979994 1980065
Sigh
*Walks back to the slave pit he created himself by beginning to write*
Can I at least have my bucket changed? Its beginning to smell.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

1980913 :ajbemused: Did I hear a complaint?

SHL

I'm working in one of that kind, with Celestia as the pursuer. It will be published at time for the TwiLestia contents.

1980913>>1980943
If Varanus can wait a year, I guess a few months isn't too bad in comparison.

*checks own Incomplete stories list, looks in horror at Last Updated date*

On second thought, take your time. I need to find a ghostwriter...

1981012 At least I write other stuff in the meantime... :fluttershbad:

1980943 Complain? It was a suggestion! A mere question! A... please not the BOREWORMS! :fluttershbad: :fluttercry: :raritycry:

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Varanus

Updates

How did you like the list, by the way? Helpful?

You just used a Flash Gordon reference. ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.

I sneaked one in too, in the last two lines of this TMP prompt submission. Twilight as Dr. Hans Zarkov? Oh yeah.

Very useful - many thanks! Some I'd read, some were new to me.

Apprentice Ship - already fave'd. Would love an update, but I'd prefer Hyzaku update Bird Feeder first!
Her Royal Suitors - not my cup of clop, but interesting for the first chapter or two.
Tired of the Daily Routine - excellent, just read the whole thing. Can't wait for more!
Love Me! - Short and sweet.
Where's My Book? - Will see if the execution holds up to the premise.
Waiting - Needed the Romance tag. Nicely done, if predictable.
Closing the Door - Brutally good, again, even if predictable given the setup and premise.
The Princess and the Pupil - Thumbs-upped long ago.
Sun and the Stars - Already on board, and it's a great collection!

Let's you and I take a moment to plug its sister collection (see what I did there?), Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

1983775 already did some work in that one. I don't believe I've seen you there.

As for Tired I do edit for it...when it updates. I'll let you know when the next draft comes out.

Excellent on Tired, it really has my attention.

As for Dark Paradise, I'm in there - chapter 16, "Impossible Annoyance". I haven't written for Sun and Stars - yet. Saw your "Constellations" entry; lovely.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

1986413 Do it filly. Make a contract with me and all of your Twilestia dreams will come true.

I'll be sure to look up "Annoyance".

Thanks for the praise. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25