Twilestia is Bestia 3,269 members · 956 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34
Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Hello one and all, and welcome to the resurrection of our Bimonthly Twilestia Contest series, and hopefully, this group. Now that I'm out of the dreaded quagmire known as Real Life (-dramatic music-), I've noticed that, distressingly, this group has rather died in my absence. After asking around a bit to see if there's still interest, I've found that there is still a demand for good cute horse cuddle content, so here we are, back at having these again. Otherwise, everyone and anyone is welcome and encouraged to participate by writing or judging!

It is here that we write a story based around a central theme provided by yours truly and judged by three members of our wonderful group after two months of writing time. Feel free to PM me any questions you may have once I've gone over the basics, which I will get to without further ado. It's been a while for everyone, so if you want to know more, don't hesitate to ask.

The Premise: In accordance with the theme of the show's end, the start of G5 and my being dead for four years this group being relatively quiet since 2018, this contest's prompt is going to be Eternity. Twilight and Celestia both canonically stopped aging at some point in their lives, and while Celestia and Luna have retired on the show, you can feel free to portray this idea, or Celestia and unicorn Twilight, or Twilight and mortal Celestia, however you like. Heck, you don't even have to involve them. Maybe Sunny Starscout learns more about Twilight's crush on her old teacher, eh? Go wild! Despite that, we do have a few rules that we ask you abide, which are covered under...

Limitations: Any and all content in the fic is legal unless the group rules say otherwise. Please check over the rules thread if you have any worries about content. If it's within the rules, it's fine. As for word count, our lower limit is 1000 so that your story can actually be, y'know, a story, while we will not have an upper limit for word count for these stories. Lastly, the story you write for this contest must be original. This means that you have to have never posted it before. Stories that have been written up but not posted are allowed. Reworks of stories written and posted two months ago are not.

Entering a story: In order to enter the contest, simply add your story in a comment in the thread of the contest. This is important. We once had an author that wanted to apply for the contest missed his chance because he forgot to do this step. If the judges don't know where to find this story, it can't be judged.

Judging: The judges for these contests are chosen on a first-come, first-serve basis, and there are three available judging slots. We do not currently host judging criteria, as in the past doing so has been complicated and invited drama, but we do encourage judges to give feedback explaining their reasoning in either a PM to the author or a comment in the thread. Please comment below if you're interested.

The Judges are:

1. Dawn Light
2. Big Bear
3. Mind Jack (tentative)

Winnings: As always, runner-ups for third and second place will receive an advert in the form of a group comment post on them. Second place will also receive a group post about its placing, with an optional interview from a willing group member. First place will receive a position in our lovely contest box, but because it's also getting a little crowded up there will more importantly be featured on the front of the group page beneath the description for two months time. In addition, offers of fanart will go to first place, then second, then third as they arrive.

Deadline: Entries will be due by June 15th, giving you plenty of time to write and a nice round date for us to end this contest and start the next one on.

Best of luck to all entrants, and enjoy the show, everyone!

Ooh, exciting! Time to dust off the ol’ keyboard again I guess.

ooh i might have to try this

Twilestia is not something I have written in a while. Might see if I can clear out the cobwebs to participate.

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

We look forward to having you!

If I can understand how submissions for a contest like this work, I have a few ideas that could be interesting to write about.

Might not have taken the entire time to write this, but I'm proud for it to be my entry:

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/514817/when-dawn-sparkles

two months of writing time

I might want to think about and experiment with more than one story idea during those two months. To write with full enthusiasm I might need to allow for the possibility I could get more than one story out of my experimenting. How many stories may the same person enter in this "Twelfth" contest?

Glad to see this group came back to life. I would've joined if I'm a native English speaker.

Just finished up editing my submission, Snowflakes: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/518256/snowflakes

Comment posted by fluttermoontree deleted Jun 13th, 2022

Now I have about three stories' worth of combinations of outlines/notes and rough draft.

NONE OF THEM QUITE FINISHED AND FULLY POLISHED. :raritydespair:

Any chance of a bit of a deadline extension, I wonder?

Entries will be due by June 15th

What time zone? (sighs) Am hoping for California or Hawaii. :twilightsmile:

TTime Is a River, and I'm Sopping Wet
Twilight tries to lose her virginity through time travel, and fails.
Mockingbirb · 1.7k words  ·  34  18 · 1.3k views

I'm practically guaranteed at least an honorable mention if no one else enters! WOOOO!

One story in very very rough draft. I will try my darnest to get it out by tomorrow! But glad to see another entry at least!

I presume the cut off point will be the end of the day on june 15th?

Done!! And with only a couple of hours to spare! Forgive my sloppy writing, it was fueled by coffee and sleep deprived writing!! But I got it over the line!

EWho Wants to Live Forever?
Twilight asks Celestia an existential question during an unforgettable luncheon.
Coronet the lesser · 2.4k words  ·  97  4 · 1.7k views
ETwilight Sparkle and Princess Celestia Try Very Vigorously To Ship Themselves
Maybe some ponies just weren't meant to be together...with each other, at least. (another silly contest story)
Mockingbirb · 1.4k words  ·  21  7 · 527 views
Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Okay folks, that's it for the bimonthly Twilestia contest! Judges now have two to three weeks to turn in their top three favourites of the assembled stories. We'll announce the winners when the final judge submission comes in!

Thank you all for participating and for everyone's continued interest in the ship!

Always love writing a bit of twilestia! Was my first majorly popular story in the fandom so I have a huge soft spot for it! Thanks for organizing!

EDITED
Hello! My top three favorite stories for the contest are: - drumroll, please! -

In third place🥉: Who Wants to Live Forever? by Coronet the lesser!

In second place🥈: In Your Dreams by Fluttermoontree!

And last but not least, in first place🥇: Snowflakes by MooseWhisker! There are few to none grammar errors, and you didn't over-format your story! I have seen that problem in some stories. Overall, this sweet short story is perfect!

Congrats to Coronet the lesser, Fluttermoontree and MooseWhisker! :pinkiehappy:

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Thanks very much! Once we have the final round of results, we'll announce the winners!

Fluttermoontree’s entry was finally approved. Here’s a link: In Your Dreams

Hi! Sorry for my inactivity recently and I’m glad I could still be included in the competition :)

Thank you so much for posting the link :yay::heart:

Thank you so much for judging :)) I’m glad you enjoyed our stories

Thank you to everyone who submitted stories. I enjoy Twilestia, and I very much appreciate everyone sharing their work with the community.

In reverse order, my selections, and some notes on each, are:

#3 Time Is a River, and I'm Sopping Wet

• “Dear Chronodynamics Quarterly '' is a strong opening and effectively establishes this as a pastiche of letters to classic gentleman's magazines.
  • Crossed out names and cheesy pseudonyms reinforced the joke. Pony names just cry out for cheesy pseudonyms!
  • The difference in barometric pressure when time traveling was a nice bit of world building.
  • Ancient Twilight and Celestia both fit the story and felt like reasonable characterizations.

#2 Who Wants to Live Forever?

• The subject matter and stakes were heavy, but Celestia’s internal monologue kept the tone light.
  • Twilight's angst and Celestia’s serenity were classic.
  • Celestia’s manipulations were a bit “on the nose”, but felt earned.
  • I heartily endorse Celestia’s philosophy here!
  • Not sure the epilogue was needed.

This story made me realize I’d love to see a story where the question isn’t “are you (or am I) immortal'', but, “how does knowing one may live a very long time impact the way one makes decisions or rules?” A story about the practical consequences of long life rather than the philosophical ones. Characters could include Twilight, Celestia, and any of the other seemingly long lived leaders: Luna, Cadence, a grown up Flurry Heart, Spike, Ember, Queen Novo, Thorax, Rain Shine, etc. Immortal leaders seem to be taller than everyone else!

And my first pick…

#1 Snowflakes

• Opening is serene. Stakes are low.
  • Nice old married couples vibe.
  • Silent walk in the woods with the immortal wives was heartwarming.
  • Beautiful imagery of walking silently on a perfect winter night.
  • Clever reason why Twilight and Celestia keep their love of perfect winter nights a secret.
  • Interesting to have Celestia’s true passion be the battlefield.
  • Nice world building, with Twilight turning the throne room into a chamber for parliament and exchanging her throne for a cushion to not seem ‘above’ others along with Twilight eating in the cafeteria instead of her private dining room. These details helps her still feel like the “Princess of Friendship”.

Thanks again to everyone who submitted stories!

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

7671729 7706016 7706091 7702464 7701981 7705015 7706780

Thank you all for participating in the Twelfth Bimonthly Twilestia Contest, entrants and judges both! The results are in, and we're ready to declare the winners!

In first place, we have Snowflakes by MooseWhisker. Snowflakes will now be displayed in our contest-winner folder with the other first place winners and at the bottom of the group main page for the next two months.

In second place is In Your Dreams by newcomer to the website and the ship fluttermoontree. In Your Dreams will be mentioned in a comment on the main forum of the group and fluttermoontree can opt in for an interview hosted on these forums if they like.

Finally, in third place is Who Wants To Live Forever by Coronet The Lesser. Who Wants To Live Forever will be mentioned as a contest winner in a comment on the main forum of the group alongside In Your Dreams.

Yooooooooo! What great news to wake up to! Thanks to all the judges for putting my fic so high up. Also gg to all the other participants, you all definitely had me sweating by the end of it.

Delighted with that now! :twilightsmile: very happy with my third place. Huge shout out to the winners and of course all participants of the contest. Was a ton of fun writing Twilestia again! Also special mention to the judges and organizers! :pinkiehappy:

Congratulations on your win :pinkiehappy: your awesome story is on my list of comfort reads :)

This was so much fun to participate in, well done to all of us! We got a great set of new Twilestia stories :D

Oh my gosh this is awesome news :) I’m delighted to have made it onto the podium :D

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

Did you want to have an interview about your story? It's part of your prize.

Sure it sounds great! But I had a question— how is the interview conducted?

Knight of Cerebus
Group Admin

I'll be sending the questions to you in messages, you can give your answers, and then I'll post the interview in a thread on the forums.

Okay that sounds good to me :)

Thank you!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34