The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,491 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It's time for another episode!

So, this time around, we have an episode called "She Talks to Angel", by Nick Confalone, who you all know.

You don't? Oh, okay. He wrote Party Pooped, Hearthbreakers, No Second Prances, The Saddle Row Review, Dungeons & Discords, Rock Solid Friendship, The Maud Couple, The Break Up Break Down, and The Washouts.

As I said, you know Nick.

So, I think this week, Twilight notices a curse on Angel and breaks it. Unfortunately, that was all that kept him having a soul, and he turns into an ancient evil vampbunny, goes on a murder spree, kills Miss Cheerilee, and... you know, I might be getting confused with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I'm gonna guess this episode is about Angel, anyways, and probably Fluttershy. Maybe it's a focus episode, actually giving us some backstory on Angel and Flutershy's relationship with him, which would be kinda welcome.

As usual, this threads for speculating before the fact and talking about the episode after the fact. I know some of you probably have seen leaks, so lets not spoil anything after this episode, alright?

--Sweetie Belle

"tis strange that of all the various relationships, this is the one they've devoted two episodes of the final season to?

Didn't they get swapped or summat earlier? Or am I completely misremembering some random bit of fan fiction?

The latter, by the sound of it. Angel has appeared in a few episodes this season (most recently "A Trivial Pursuit"), but there haven't been any which would have been significantly different without him.

That plot might work better with Equestria Girls, which I’ve noticed is kind of a kiddie’s first Buffy the Vampire Slayer but with Equestria taking the place of the Hellmouth.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

I wonder if Angel Bunny and Buffy Angel are the same. Gasp, a human vampire bunny in equestria!

Mind-Swap potion is now canon.

Angel gains the ability to speak, and uses it to be a dick.

Not sure what we could've expected. :rainbowlaugh:

Ah, you had me there for a second, then I realized there was no way for Angel to lose what he never had!

You're misremembering hearing about this ep when it leaked, I'd say.

HA! Angel bunny having a soul, good one...

Does anyone else think that Discord might have made for a better catalyst than Zecora? Especially since he didn't do much last week.

And speaking of last week, didn't Twilight inherit the country? Because she didn't look it in this one...

6975712 I don't think she took over just yet. But I agree that she didn't have any reason to be in this episode, and neither did Spike. The cameo established nothing we couldn't already deduce for ourselves.

Angel is literally that edgy teen that no likes. This ep is hilarious.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Guess Zecora had to have one more episode so she was saddled with this one. Bit weird choice but don't think Discord would really fit either. Yes, he loves being mischievous but he usually only targets Twilight to teach her a "lesson" while is very protective of Fluttershy.

And Twilight certainly did not inherit the country yet. She just was in charge of the celebration last week.

The whole thing was for her benefit though... wasn't it?

And it's obvious in retrospect, but the framing wasn't clear.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

It was for Fluttershy's benefit but I really don't see Discord pulling a mean lesson like that, one where she could potentially be bunny (dramatic) *forever*! Now if it was Twilight or Starlight then yeah Discord would totally have fun at their expense, err I mean teach a valuable life lesson.

And I don't know what to say, it was clear to me that Twilight didn't rule Equestria just because she was in charge of a festival in honor of two ponies she cares about. I expect a much bigger fanfare when she really starts being a ruler.

Playing pranks and not understanding what's appropriate is pretty Discord, though. And I admit, it's a mix of me wanting to see him get one last ep with Fluttershy, considering him to be a bit extraneous last week and thinking that a body-swapping potion is a bit overpowered.

And it was mainly the final speech that gave the sense of the Royal Sisters being firmly retired. I suppose you might consider this the gap between that and Twilight's coronation.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Best episode
200/200

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20