The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,502 stories
Comments ( 105 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 105
Luminary
Group Contributor

Lumie is making one of these posts? Impossible!

Well, I think there is a lesson we all have to take from Friendship Games. School administrators are incredibly irresponsible. And they'll absolutely let any number of children get murdered if it means the continuation of a silly academic competition.

That's something we should all remember.

Those of you that are still in High School; may whatever god you believe in have mercy on your souls.

Also Twilight is evil for some reason. Why?
Because shut up, that's why!

But she spends a lot of time adorably crying and making me want to hug her. So that's okay.

Why is Twilight actually a supervillain? Will the finale be about time loops? Will the time loops involve Prince Blueblood becoming a hero? Or Twilight getting post-traumatic stress disorder? Discuss below!

Always wanted evil Twi, and I got her, I guess? :rainbowlaugh:

She unleashed the magic....
Freed the magic....

4737750 Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study hard, be evil.

4737763 It's always the smart ones who turn evil, always!

Luminary
Group Contributor

It was the shortest-lived run of supervillainy ever.

I guess the villain song just inspired her for a minute or two. And why not? It was a great song. Very Tim Burton.

It was probably just dark magic, or something. She had the Inspiration Manifestation eyes going.

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

Will the time loops involve Prince Blueblood becoming a hero?

Okay, now that's something I'd actually like to see... :rainbowderp:

Well, I think there is a lesson we all have to take from Friendship Games. School administrators are incredibly irresponsible. And they'll absolutely let any number of children get murdered if it means the continuation of a silly academic competition.

Honestly, when it comes to small town sports in the real world, not far off the mark.

Luminary
Group Contributor

Four thousand upvotes can't be wrong!

Too be fair, I think most of those might call it off on account of giant man eating plants. Or at least reschedule.

Or a big town...

Come to think of it, steroid abuse is pretty serious and I'm fairly certain many coaches condone it.

Sunset Shimmer is a Princess now.

Why was Twilight corrupted? Because she had magic from the Elements of Harmony released from the device, but as Sunset wasn't drained she didn't have the complete set. Without Magic the Elements can apparently go nuts and that's not even mentioning the fact her so called "friends" over at Crystal Prep were all enemies to Twilight. That wasn't the Magic of Friendship, that was the Magic of Hostility. I did consider Rivalry, but rivals push you to go forward. All they did was bring poor Twily to the ground figuratively speaking.

Apparently evil Twilight is left handed, therefor all left handed people are evil.

I want to bring up something.

Cinch pretty much blackmailed Twilight. The headmaster. Blackmailed. A student.

That shtick is illegal, y'know. Twilight could have done something about that. A simple report and investigation, possibly. It was a bit tough to watch seeing the characters defy all of that for the sake of dragging out Cinch's evil character and giving Twilight some kind of reason to participate.

And why did they keep the games going when giant interdimensional evil plants of evilness came flooding through and began attacking the students? I think your reputation can be saved some other time, you know? Kind of, need to get the students to safety and stuff? And even when that was all dealt with, they still continued and allowed Twilight to continuously drain this untamable magic and not try to stop this at all! I dunno, I think they dropped more common sense in this one than the previous films. Those are my major gripes, I guess.

Really like Sunny Flare, though.

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

I've never gotten around to reading that story, but it's been in my RIL for quite a while now... :twilightsheepish:

However, in my defense, I said "see," not "read." :duck:

4737750 i just have one thing to say

Twilight : GAAAAAAAAALICK GUN FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sunset : KAAAAAMEEEEEEHAAAAAMEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

She got Sunset and the portal in one shot

Luminary
Group Contributor

Science!

Not even the school board would believe in magic. I'm not sure if the human world would be crowning a random leather-jacket wearing student as their noble sovereign based on her magical enlightenment quite yet.

They might stick her in a shady government laboratory though. That's what they do with alien invaders, generally.

Read it, filly.

It's amazing. Also, time loops. Then read this.

Only then will you be prepared.

I hope the finally has something to do with time loops then we would finally have proof that EG is cannon!

Interestingly enough:
Twilight's brother came off as a dick
Dean Cadance and Shinning didn't seem like an 'item'
Crystal Prep Principal has my vote for next Bond villian

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

I like how the word family is inside the evil power beam in that picture.

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

...I seem to have a curse or something for adding things to my RIL then never actually getting around to them. :facehoof:

Luminary
Group Contributor

then we would finally have proof that EG is cannon!

Uwah? But there's ALREADY been links between the two.

It was never not canon. They just tried to set it up so that you don't have to watch EqG to get FiM. It still did canonically happen to Twilight though.

Lasers have been the family-friendly alternative to guns for decades!

You and everyone else.
I've worked my Read Later down to a mere 221 stories.

4737750 I know what you're thinking, Lumie.

You're thinking, "Man, this battle would go great with the Vector to the Heavens soundtrack from Kingdom Hearts..."

First things first: Spike the dog now talks! Even as a dog, he was the final voice of reason. Have I mentioned how amazing Spike is when he plays the voice of reason? He is. :moustache:

I really hope they release some sort of short where we see the rest of that Twilight/Twilight encounter. It'll bug me forever, otherwise.

Finally, I have the worst feeling that the time-loop thing is going to remain a Noodle Incident. The troll is strong with this one.

I know we've never had proof that it was not cannon. There have been subtle hints that it was, such as Flash Sentry appearing in the show.

The only problem that I see with EG being cannon is the ages of the characters if they reflect each others world. Meaning the mane 6 are no older than 18, while the Crusaders are at least 14.

4737789 Well the word for left handed is originally the word Sinestra, which eventually became the word Sinister. So yeah, also I think Fluttershy is left handed, or at least in the show she is left hooved?

4737750 I was at work while this aired. Is there a rerun tomorrow or whenever? :fluttershysad:

Luminary
Group Contributor

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Actually, I have no idea what that is.

Yeah. I was hoping for a post-credits scene or something. :facehoof:
It was such a golden moment.

But I'm relatively confident about time loops. So far they've always linked the two with Twilight. Besides, FiM has shamelessly stolen all the other super-popular fandom tropes. Why not that one? :rainbowlaugh:

It's not even up for debate. It's canon. Word of God says so.

The only problem that I see with EG being cannon is the ages of the characters if they reflect each others world. Meaning the mane 6 are no older than 18, while the Crusaders are at least 14.

...but the one-thousand-plus year old demigod being a random middle aged principal doesn't bother you? :trollestia:

I've worked my Read Later down to a mere 221 stories

git gud casul, my list has 3,574 stories in it.:rainbowdetermined2:

someone, anyone, please help me...............

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

I wonder if lasers replace guns as the go to weapon IRL if guns will suddenly become family friendly.

4737783 We need her to go back to Equestria to confirm so...

EQG 4: The Search for Answers & Harmony or something like that... :raritywink:

Luminary
Group Contributor

Well, it's going to be on TV tomorrow. No idea of someone will stream it.
But I'm sure someone will put it up on YouTube or a torrent by then.

Yeah. Was rather hoping it would be definitively answered before the end. But nope.

It was a bit of weaksauce revelation compared to Twi's in MMC though.

They'll have to think of an even more sci-fi weapon.

Or maybe it'll loop around and they'll go back to bone clubs.

Eh, a skip for me. I just sort of pretend these don't exist.

Because shut up, that's why!

Pride and allowing her desire for knowledge to get in the way of seeking wisdom, same thing as when she usually fucks up.

Twilight : GAAAAAAAAALICK GUN FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sunset : KAAAAAMEEEEEEHAAAAAMEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'd say should these positions be reversed, but really i don't want to compare either of them to goku. They are better than that.

Sunset Shimmer is a Princess now.

Sunset: Hey Celestia, can you rebuild the universe?
Celestia: No.
Sunset: Awesome.
Celestia: Why would you even ask?
Sunset: Oh.....no reason.

They might stick her in a shady government laboratory though. That's what they do with alien invaders, generally.

That would go swimmingly for them, i'm sure.

=======================================================================

This movie needed be longer, the other two were 70 and 75 minutes it needed some breathing room in the middle.
I would have preferred twilight make friends with the crystal prep group rather than join the canterlot high group, but that's a personal gripe.

As far as world lore which the previous two movies have had a lot on...nothing i couldn't surmise previously.
Sunset is friendship jesus.
Sunset almost certainly has fire magic, and elemental magic further cemented as inherent rather than learned.
Magic = True Self/Soul. (Really sunset, really you didn't figure out that faster? That should have been your first idea.)

4737802 Seems rather odd how the magic every other time had to be active in order for the pendant to drain magic. I thought that the journal's magic was reinforcing the portal's connection giving it the jumpstart it needed for perpetual motion in a manner of speaking. Either way, it doesn't seem to have mattered in the end as the magic returned to the Humane Six once the portals were opened. Ah well, it's all headcanon territory unless cleared up by the writers.

Not to mention human Celestia and Luna are certainly not a thousand years old. Clearly, the ages don't match; this is a convergent reality, not a parallel one.

Twilight wants to get into the program. Getting the principal in trouble might get her arrested, but it would probably also tank her chances of getting what she wants. As for keeping the games going: Celestia proposed cutting it off at that point, but it would have left them at a tie, which Principal Cinch wouldn't have any of. Basically everything was Cinch's fault, with just a tad of Celestia being a pushover. If we see a TV spin-off (pleasepleasepleaseplease), she's definitely going to be a recurring villain.

...but the one-thousand-plus year old demigod being a random middle aged principal doesn't bother you? :trollestia:

Yeah... I still haven't figured out how the Hell Celestia goes from being a immortal (or damn near it) demigod, to a high school principal at the EXACT time necessary for the story line.

Unless of course the two principals are really immortal demigods themselves.:pinkiecrazy:

I think Sunset inherently activated her magic to activate the portals magic.

Luminary
Group Contributor

S'too bad. Two out of three were good.

And now you'll never know the secret revelation the rest of us know. That Pokey Pierce is actually a villain. :pinkiegasp:
He's been hiding in Ponyville since Season 1, biding his time!

Also Fleur de Lis is a bitch. But I doubt that'll surprise anyone terribly.

It came completely out of nowhere.
Pride is absolutely not a quality I would ascribe to HumanTwi. She was blackmailed into even participating with the shadiness. Otherwise she seemed totally benevolent. Certainly not universe-destroying. She definitely didn't want to hurt anyone.

I'm still clinging to just going utterly crazy due to magic in some way. Rarity-style. Because otherwise it makes no sense to me.

4737877 Yes, but I found it more interesting than MMC on the whole. It's like watching The Crystal Empire and then reading Sombra's Fiendship is Magic issue. MMC felt kinda blah while this actually felt a bit more complete. Bonus points for not having a creepy mystic stalker hallway recapping three seasons of Twilight footage...

Not to mention human Celestia and Luna are certainly not a thousand years old. Clearly, the ages don't match; this is a convergent reality, not a parallel one.

I challenge you to prove it! :pinkiecrazy:

I'm just kidding, I honestly wasn't thinking about them when I posted.

My bet is on too much magic = insanity. It helps Sunset Shimmer's conversion make more sense, too: Her actions as a demon weren't under her control, and that trauma pushed her into accepting Twilight's help. I guess this is headcanon territory, but… :twilightsheepish:

That's fine. I don't mind missing out on things I don't care about. :rainbowlaugh:

It came completely out of nowhere.
Pride is absolutely not a quality I would ascribe to HumanTwi. She was blackmailed into even participating with the shadiness. Otherwise she seemed totally benevolent. Certainly not universe-destroying. She definitely didn't want to hurt anyone.

She built an object to absorb and control energies she just discovered, that's incredibly prideful. This is the equivalent of launching nukes the moment you discover you could split the atom.
And you know, stealing magic is well established as an awful awful thing to do.
Remember HumanTwi doesn't exist in a vacuum she's an alternate of PonyTwi, core traits are going to be shared.

But as i said, the movie needed more breathing room, that's a big part of it.

Time travel seems to be most closely connected to Starswirl the Bearded, actually. He's going to show up sometime. His name is thrown around all over, and he was established early on to have experimented in time magic. It's inevitable. Is this season's finale going to be the one? :pinkiegasp:

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

Just saw this in my feed, so I figured I'd post it here for those who may have missed it:

EDIT: Sorry guys, but I'm removing the video, because I'm afraid it might have been an illegal link...

Personally I liked it, though my feelings on Ms. Cinch require certain words I can't use in a group setting. Oh well. Suffice to say I didn't like her. Huh, guess I didn't need any foul language to describe him.:derpytongue2:

Edit, *him should be her. :facehoof:

4737988 Him?

Well, I guess you could try to say that Cinch is a man, in some interpretations.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 105