The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,500 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Okay, so I decided to make this thread tonight for tomorrow.

This is the official discussion thread for the next episode, Made In Manehattan, and any other threads made about this episode will be closed in favor of this one for a while to keep spoilers to a minimum, like usual.

So anypony wanting to avoid spoilers, this'll be the thread to avoid.

Obviously it's not out yet, and I haven't really seen too many spoilers for this one yet. It's another Rarity episode, though, which means I'm probably not in it, as usual. And one can guess from the title that it is set in Manehattan, and we all remember Manehattan...

--Sweetie Belle

I have come from the future and I have to say that this was the best Rarity episode ever made. I won't spoil anything though. That would go against the rules of time travel. :raritywink:

Can Twilight get Rarity out in time? Find out in: Escape from Manehattan!

4735861 You forgot that music number though. I know, for I have come from the future.

And it was the best musical number of the season! But I can't say more. This would violate my sacred position of a time lord.

HapHazred
Group Admin

I like Rarity and all, but after three eps in a row, I'll be glad to not have one focussed on her for a long while. Too much of a good thing and all.

4735797 A new episode and an EG movie?! THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER! :yay:

Filly Coco: adorable.

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

Not enough Coco. And Twilight should have just told the map to buck off!

This was probably the best episode in a long while. Sweet, simple, well executed moral. Manhattan is rather busy, so the animators really got to show off... everything: all the different pony designs, so many backdrops/props, and dat lighting. Really liked all the little continuity nods as well. It felt like the writer knew the canon/themes like the back of their hoof. And of course more Coco and RariJack is always a good thing. I am squee :rainbowkiss::yay:

While a fun and adorbable episode that I quite enjoy, I think I want to comment on something more here, the map. More and more I am seeing what it is doing. It is both helping the girls realize (as well as the audience,) that they don't need Twilight for everything. That they have their own skills and abilities that allow them to be awesome mars. From Pinkie's hopefulness to Applejack's simple way of thinking, each has a point and something to offer the team. Even in the premire we see that it was more Fluttershy who was the hero, not Twilight. And it makes sense, after all, how many times has there been a yell of "Twilight is too OP! This makes the mane six useless." the map is basically saying, "Oh sure, she could solve any BIG problem in a second, but there are somethings that magic can't/. There are some tasks that only Rarity and Applejack can solve." Heck, this applies to the same thing. I like how Twilight realizes this, that there are some tasks that ionly need to two of them. I mean, you wouldn't send a whole team out for one mission now would you.

The comedy was spot on as usual, and I love Rarity and AJ anyday of the week. I lso love watching AJ get nervous withut the others there, being only with Rarity. I also love how the two wern't really arguing and each were very supportive of one another. As well as seeing AJ's never say die attidude. It shows why these two work well together. Then again, Pinkie's hopefulness aslo helped to temper RD's "FU" attidude.

Also, Twilight...how did you read everybook in that, you know what never mind.

On the subject of Coco Pommel: pure adorable. I want to hug her so much right now.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! She's so cute!

4736416 Look at the other picture in that image, Wizard of Oz confirmed in mlp.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Hmmmph. Rarity confirmed for worst sister.

--Sweetie Belle

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

But she actually mentioned you this time! And Applejack also left her sister high and dry.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Applejack already went way down on my list after Somepony to Watch Over Me and all that stuff in Appleoosa. And how many places has Rarity gone without me now?

At least I get the feeling this is kinda like the Just For Sidekicks/Games Ponies Play thing they did, looking at the next episode name...

--Sweetie Belle

4736522 Oh come on, I'm sure she would've taken you along if the map hadn't insisted on sending just her and Applejack.

HapHazred
Group Admin

Oh, sweet Jesus H. Christ, no! Anything but the goddamn hat! Anything but the hat!

Forget 'small things making a big difference', the moral should have been 'great sacrifices sometimes have to be made for the sake of friendship'!

I think I might have enjoyed this one more if I hadn't already overdosed on Rarity. There are only so many times I can hear 'fashion' before I want to start wearing red and green at the same time just to piss people off. Really, I was entertained most by Applejack this time around. And Twilight. Twilight was funny.

I did like the moral. It was nice and stuff. But what really entertained me this time around was Manehattan. I don't know if I'm just paying attention to stuff I usually ignore, but I loved the sky, the night, and the huge horseshoe bridge thing. Maybe I'm just jumping on the first thing that isn't countryside, but I don't remember seeing that kind of thing in the last Manehattan episode.

But anyway. I'd like a break from Rarity now, please.

It was a step up for this season. Much more effort put into incidental details and timing of the dialog and visual humor that make it come alive more.

Well lookie here.

I was actually hoping for a cameo, but I thought there wasn't one. Guess I was wrong!

4736863 Am I going crazy or something?

Because that REALLY looks like Aunt orange with Babs Seed in the background!

4737133 You're goddamn right! :pinkiegasp:

Wait... Babs is related to the Oranges...MY HEADCANON! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fluttercry:

4737219 What?

She's related to the Apples, so of course she would be related to the Oranges too.

It's kind of obvious.

I meant based on this shot, one could assume she was there daughter. I mean there was always the possibility, but it wasn't officially confirmed. So much for that story I was working on.:facehoof:

4737226 You say that on a site dedicated to FANFICTION, what is stopping you?

Nothing I guess, I was just joking about destroyed headcanons.

Anything but the hat!

Don't worry; she has more.

4735797 First we had the return of Maud Pie, and we now we have the return of Coco Pommel. I'm guessing it's too late to get our hopes up for the return of Cheese Sandwich though.

Excuse me, is this the line to make a joke about how the map keeps butt-dialing folks?

Or should I just go screw myself?

4739015 1-800-PONY-BUTT, for all your friendship problems that need serious help, call now!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33