The Writers' Group 9,305 members · 56,597 stories
Comments ( 51 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 51
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Alright, everypony. I know you're all excited about finding out all the new stuff coming up, and I'm sure some of you want to spread it all around and let everypony know. Thing is, not everypony wants to know. Some want to find out when they watch it.

So here's what I'm asking you to do!

1. Tag threads that have a spoiler in them with the word "Spoiler", so everypony can avoid them that doesn't like 'em.
  2. Do not put spoilers in the thread title! Come on, you should know better then this. I'm changing the thread titles, but I shouldn't have to!
  3. Put spoilers in tags, like this: Miss Harshwhinny is revealed to be Scootaloo's mother in the eighth season.. That's what that little SP bar is for, or you can just do {spoiler}.
  4. Don't put spoilers in the first dozen or so lines of the post, 'cause they show up in the feed. You know, that globe up there? The only way I can get rid of those spoilers is by deleting your thread.
  5. If you're posting a spoilery image or video, then either link to it, or add it in a comment below your opening post. (That stops people accidentally seeing it when it appears in their Feed).

Honestly, most of the admins have enough stuff to do. Please don't add to it...

--Sweetie Belle

Let's hope everyone follows this.

Is the third spoiler thing true, or did you make it up?
(I really hope it's true! There's going to be an eighth season!! :raritystarry:)

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, I hope so. I'll be enforcing it when I'm on.

I haven't seen it anywhere else. I don't think the writers or Hasbro would know if there's going to be a season eight yet, actually.

Well, there's some truth in that...

--Sweetie Belle

4547216 thank you! I can handle spoliers from the newest episode, but one thread today was a complete spoiler for the fucking season finale!. When we're only halfway through the season! I'd rather be surprised at the end, rather than blasé.

4547216 Dape kills Snumbledore

-Kirb.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

No problem. I'm not too happy about the abundance of spoiler threads myself, either, especially since I had to take care of it in more than one group. (And I'd already had a long day, too...)

--Sweetie Belle

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

Although I cannot upvote this thread more than once, I can do this:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Thanks!

--Sweetie Belle

PSA: Spoilers and thread etiquette

Threadiquette, if you will.

... All right, it's time for me to go to bed, I think.

4547304 If this is what I'm thinking it is, Hasbro spoiled the Season 5 Finale all by themselves. They didn't need any more help.

DH7

I must have been fortunate enough to miss those threads.

I still have yet to watch the new episodes. Perhaps I can convince my brother into buying some beer today.

Hey, they're reading spoilers. It's not like you can actually see what's happening!

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It isn't in this group yet, but I just thought I'd bump this thread a little as a reminder, 'cause I've had to step in about spoilers on another group today, and it was going 'round on multiple groups. Just figured it couldn't hurt!

--Sweetie Belle

HapHazred
Group Admin
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Just bumping this again, because things are starting to get spoiler-happy again.

I'm starting to think of Fluttershy's brother as worst pony, and I haven't seen the episode yet.

--Sweetie Belle

4717308 M.A. Larson would probably say that it runs in the family :unsuresweetie:

But seriously, y'all, spoiler tags are your friends.

Spoiler tag isn't my friend! Google is!

In all seriousness, peeps, label your threads and tag appropriately.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I've just had to deal with that spoiler so many times now. This isn't even the first time this week...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Bumping one more time, for the new episode. And 'cause I wanted to post this picture.

--Sweetie Belle

4721633 I am totally addicted to Kimono's Townhouse now.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I was pretty disappointed when I got to the last one, then looked at the date it was put up. A lot of work must have gone into those, too, with all the little props and costumes and such...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

*Bump!*

--Sweetie Belle

Luminary
Group Contributor

Bump for new season, and spoilers reappearing again!

Remember to hide all the spoily information, everyone!

HapHazred
Group Admin

Bumping because I've had to delete three spoiler threads today.

Colour me grumpy.

HapHazred
Group Admin

5217511 Congrats on replying to everyone in the thread.

Spoilers are spoilers for one week after the episode aired. If you want to post them, post them in spoiler blocks or in a thread clearly marked [SPOILERS], and of course, never post any unblocked spoilers in the OP.

I don't really care if other people want you to post them or not. That's how we operate. If an episode aired less than a week ago, it counts as a spoiler, and you need to treat it that way or we will have to do stuff about it.

4547216 Well, as long as we're handing out spoilers, the show will end in Season 10 with the following reveals:
Celestia is really a Timelady and already visited the past, present and future so she always knew how things would go.
Princess Luna is really the mysterious Queen Serenity, and will legitimately rule Equestria when Celestia returns to Gallopfrey. MOON PRISM MAKEUP!
Princess Cadance moves to Hollywood and hosts a talk show to replace the host of Comedy Central's The Daily Show.
Princess Twilight is elevated to Superpony God (SPG) and moves on to the Galactic Ponies Next Door (GPND). There, she will battle against cosmic level threats like the all-powerful God of Cancellation, God of Cheap Spinoffs, and the God of Profits by Making Crappy Toy Lines. Eventually, she will grow in power to become Superpony God Superpony (SPGSP) and settle down to have a race of superponies of her own.
Spike goes on to host a kids show in the human world after growing larger (and dumber): I LOVE YOU, YOU LOVE ME, WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY... AH, MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!
Applejack goes on to form OmniApple Products (OAP) and becomes its CEO. She will continue on until one day, suffering a tragic accident when an experimental applebucking robot goes rogue because of industrial sabotage. Then she'll be rebuilt as a Royal Guard cyborg named ROBOBUCK.
Rainbow Dash will eventually master the Triple Sonic Rainboom, causing her to go back in time to become the predecessor to the entire Pegasus race.
Rarity will become the most well know designer in the world only to fall victim to a tragic wardrobe malfunction. The incident will happen live on the Daily Show with Princess Cadance. The less you know, the better...
Pinkie Pie will be acknowledged as the descendent of Loki and will move to Asgard to keep everypony there happy until Ragnarok and have a steamy relationship with Sleipnir on the side (because... REASONS!)
Fluttershy will found an organization for the care and protection of wild species. It will expand to encompass domestic animals, then monsters, and finally all species on Equestria (including the sentient ones).

Instances of It Was His Sled are one thing, but you shouldn't be so dismissive of people simply because they aren't able to watch new episodes within a day or two of them coming out. A lot of people have other responsibilities and distractions, not to mention the occasional difficulty of finding a way to watch the episodes at all.

Frankly, I don't see why this is such a big deal. It's not like it takes that much effort to put spoiler warnings in a post or new thread. Is such a bare level of consideration for others really too much for you?

HapHazred
Group Admin

5217694 It's not hard. I imagine most spoiler threads get out simply because people forget.

To be honest, I've been suffering a bit from spoiler fatigue lately. I used to wait 30 mins for the OP to block spoilers after a warning in the thread, then 20, now five. I suspect I've been a bit irritated by it lately after the last episode was basically spelled out for me over three threads before I could watch it. Who knows, that number might decrease even further.

Ah well. C'est la vie.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Bump.

--Sweetie Belle

HapHazred
Group Admin

I'm just bumping this again now we're getting news about the upcoming season. You know the drill.

I especially tend to get really grumpy with spoilers since I don't like them, so it's probably worth tiptoeing around them and using spoiler blocks until at least a week has passed.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Just to mention, I turned a thread into the official movie discussion thread, too, so if everypony can try to keep movie spoilers to that, it'd be appreciated.

--Sweetie Belle

An 8th season was confirmed at 2017 toy fair! :pinkiegasp:

5217677 I think half of those are truths and half are lies, but I could be wrong. :/

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Just bumping this, as with the finale today, spoilers are especially important.

--Sweetie Belle

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Might want to add the special mention to images as they tend to show up in the feed too. Like Bunny did in his spoiler reminder thread.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Alright, edited that in.

--Sweetie Belle

HapHazred
Group Admin

No spoilers, folks.

It sure would be a shame if I banned on sight. Oh wait. Keep it in the shipping group, that shit ain't moderated.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

I was just about to deal with that thread. Also pretty sure it wasn't his first time either.

HapHazred
Group Admin

7021681 Ugh, now I have to compose a trite PM explaining what the what. I always dislike not doing that in the thread itself.

This is why spoilers are the worst, guys.

Ugh, now I have to compose a trite PM explaining what the what.

You could deputize me and then I'd take care of that. I promise you it wouldn't be trite and it would get his mind off the thread and what happened and right on another target. But they deserve it. These people are despicable and must be privy to the harshest of punishments and admonitions.

Just a question. What exactly did they do?

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

It's a pain we have to live with...

But I for one am glad for your service to our nation!

HapHazred
Group Admin

7021698 Episode finale spoilers. Ranty.

It'll be like literally the last episode I'll have to worry about spoilers, though, so it'll all be fine in about 6 days when spoilers will stop existing.

At least until the season 10 comics... ugh.

HapHazred
Group Admin

Somewhat un-friendly reminder that spoilers are spoilers until 1 week after the finale aired. That means I'll keep being grumpy at them until the 18th.

Picture my face as being drawn somewhere between disappointment and exasperated annoyance, tempered with immortal resignation and stoic optimism.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 51