The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,491 stories
Comments ( 74 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 74

Now is the time to talk mah bronies

That was awesome:rainbowkiss:
And I'm already working on a little one shot of button mash doing his best to help fight the nightmare:eeyup:

Also...

Need I say more

4540413 Hail to the Apple King.:derpytongue2:

4540413 I enjoyed the Tantabus. It was an interesting episode. At it's heart, it was Luna learning to forgive herself. It's not a bad message, learning to learn from your mistakes instead of dwelling on them. Also, that last scene made Slice of Life look civilized.

That was utterly awesome:rainbowkiss:

I've had dreams more insane than that but hot damn that was cool

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

This was a pretty crazy episode.

Luna creating that thing to basically torture herself was pretty dark, though.

I still have shivers of pure terror, thinking on Rainbow Dash's nightmare.

All in all it was a good episode. I was called away in the middle and missed a few minutes - so I have to watch it again. But what I could see was awesome.

And I am sure I missed a metric ton of references.

There was one with that ice superhero and filthy rich

4540413 one sentence princess big mac confirmed

Noticed one little problem in the episode, Luna apparently sleeps in her princess gear:

I think the pacing was a little rushed and it would've been a better two parter, but I can't complain when all the big moments of the episode were amazing.

So, Luna has just ampe up her woobieness...

Oh well, still an awesome episode, with a moral I can really get behind

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

Celestia does this too. It's just a matter of time before Twilight begins sleeping in her own boots. Also, Luna is wearing boots but has slippers next to her bed. Does she put the slippers on over her boots?

4540413 What did I think of this episode?
It reminded me of this:

Honestly, I had a nice moment of 'Yes!' with the random appearance of a giant Derpy/Ditzy/Muffins. But really, the whole dream at the end was insanely awesome.

I'm already working on a quick oneshot of button mash using a video game to fight:rainbowkiss:

Yeah, the entire scene at the end is rife with potential for awesome; I really wish we'd seen what had happened with Lyra and Bon Bon vs. the Tantibus.

Hmm... Maybe have him armed like a hunter from bloodborne:pinkiehappy:

Since the whole nightmare thing in that game

4540516 They'll reference Star Fox before ever even thinking about Dark Souls.

Episode was good, except for the overuse of background music (a recurring pet peeve of mine with this show as of late). And I agree with 4540418 that the last scene puts Slice of Life to shame in the art of panda throwing.

4540447 Celestia did it in "Twilight's Kingdom Part 1", I guess it's a think among royalty. After all, if some big emergency pops up, you wouldn't want to waste precious seconds to slip into your royal attire.

4540413 *reads comments*
Great. I am the only one who hated this episode.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I haven't watched it yet, but since this is the only discussion thread so far for the episode, I'll just go ahead and sticky this one as the official one. So all discussion of the episode should go here this time...

--Sweetie Belle

4540425 Torture herself...hmm...

Pyramid Head anyone?

4540413 4540417
Hell yeah

the Tantabus looked fairly boring at first, but after getting a feel for what it was, I began to feel rather content with it.

4540426 4540586
Kill it with fire.

Paranoid of Sleep Rape?:trollestia:

Makes sense, eh

lol:rainbowkiss:

i was wondering why this was stickied, lol:rainbowderp:

someone upvoted your comment, so maybe there's more of you.

To be honest, I'll go along with the half of the fandom that says this could have been a two parter:moustache:

No we need bigger

Only a full scale exterminatus will do

When you need to go overboard, just call 40k

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I liked it, but the last third seemed pretty rushed, and Luna needed more time for her realization.

Did I really see Big Mac do a magical girl transformation?

--Sweetie Belle

I've always wondered what was the big deal with 40K and it's Dragon Ball Z-strong characters.

It's just full of OP becuase it's an universe of op things

Well then...

I liked the lulz of that whole situation, but I do agree with you. A two parter would have been perfect. Maybe an episode of Luna trying to deal with the Tantabus herself, then the second episode with Luna requesting help of the Mane Six.

Yeah, that idea of the two parter would be cool

4540413 This episode had so much Yes in it, but my favorite part was the Tantabus itself. The eldritch-ness of it was just so cool.

And it opens up so much more potential

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

If we split it into two episodes, I'd probably do it this way. The first episode is the initial dream, Princess Luna needing their help, and the individual dreams. It ends with the realization that it's escaped into everypony else's dreams.

Then, the second episode is the group dream. Make it so that while Luna's under strain, she doesn't have to stay in one place, and can interact with everypony else, and work in more of the stuff that was in the ending monologue by her into the rest of the episode. There were lots of little quick sequences that could be expanded on. (And, um, I'd have liked more screen time...)

--Sweetie Belle

That's better than my plan, I'd say:derpytongue2:

I still loved the whole "Everypony vs the Tantabus" scene either way it could have been done:heart:

4540676 Filthy Rich was all 'Behold the power of the 1%!' It was awesome. :pinkiehappy:

4540413 It was awesome! But there's one thing that concerns me, I've heard that this will be the last episode for a while. Basically, another hiatus. Why am I not surprised? I've also heard that the next episode won't come out in October. Is this true?

I am sure to have seen the walking streetlight somewhere.

And I am pretty sure Spikes 'If you gotta dream, you might as well dream big' is right from Inception.

I know how I'd fight those nightmares:rainbowkiss:

So Fluttershy always dream of being a pet and no one think this is kind a strange. Bdsm, just saying. Derpy cat and did I see a CatDog reference.

4540793 My new favorite gif!

BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE 1%

4540413 Let's see here. First to put aside all bias for this being a Luna episode.

It was okay. Admittedly I think my expectations were a bit high for it but it was still a good episode. The message was good. Good to see Luna getting over her self inflicted guilt trip. But some of the silliness kind of took away from the message. I kind of wish it had focused much more on Luna to get that realization without going into a silly battle the way it did with Ponyville. More self-reflection kind of like with Luna Eclipsed. More small scale focus on Luna and perhaps the Mane 6. Add in the Tantibus growth, leave out the battle, then go to the realization, forgiving, and resolution. A few silly things as this is a dream but what they put in made it go all over the place for a bit. Maybe leave it more confined to Luna and the Mane 6.

Part of me is actually disappointed that, being a huge Luna fan, I did not love this as one of the best episodes ever just because it had Luna.

AND WE STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN LUNA A SONG TO HERSELF!!! GIVE BEST PONY HER OWN SONG ALREADY!!! :flutterrage:

So those are my thoughts. Loved the ending. Nice and peaceful for Best Pony. :rainbowkiss:

Lyra-Bon was disturbing though. Or they are just trolling us now.

I... hate to say this, but this is so far my least favorite episode of season 5 by now.
Luna was a weakling through the whole episode and did nothing but whine over what she had done, which got boring and tedious after the first few seconds.
The ponies all talked very weird and it sounded like they had the dialog taken straight out of an bad comic book.
The whole thing was quite rushed and felt forced through the whole thing.

Hey, I just noticed a really clever foreshadowing! You know how the Tantabus feeds off Luna's guilt?

Go to 7:20. Sneaky animators. I just thought it was the Tantabus doing its 'I'm a smoke cloud with no defined shape' thing.

4540413 Okay, Dash's dream was downright horrifying! I fucking hate smiling sunflowers now... great episode overall.
4541242 I didn't see anything at 7:20...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 74