Shipping đź’– 9,742 members · 11,673 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

I was just wanting to ask what are some common Applejack straight ships, that don't involve any of her relatives? :twilightblush:

There really aren't any. Big Mac is her brother, Braeburn is her cousin. Most the other ships are with other mares unless you don't count the Anon stories with a Human in Equestria.

You could probably invent an OC to date her, or do your own Anon story, but unless you want her cheating with a married stallion, there really aren't alot of options

Caramel used to be fairly popular.

Yeah sadly Caladis is mostly right. Closest I've seen for straight Applejack is Caramel, and I've seen both male Caramel, and female Caramel with Applejack. So I couldn't even consider that.

Honestly, there's not a lot of outright straight applejack ships out there. Most ships with Applejack that include cannon only characters have Applejack as a lesbian so your options are about as limited as can be possible. This may be because every other element of harmony has their own straight ships which are easy to put together such as Flash Sentry for Twilight, Soarin for Rainbow Dash, Cheese Sandwich for Pinkie, and Spike for Rarity (even if Spike is way too young for Rarity, it's still a straight ship). So there's not a lot of room for Applejack.

I was just wanting to ask what are some common Applejack straight ships, that don't involve any of her relatives? :twilightblush:

'Welcome to fimfic' :unsuresweetie:

But somewhat more seriously, I hope you can see this as an opportunity to make up your own LESS common ships.

JK
JK #7 · January 24th · · ·

"I was just wanting to ask what are some common Applejack straight ships,..."

*raises hand*

"...that don't involve any of her relatives?"
*...slowly lowers hand...*

Estee's Triptych universe (slight spoilers) has Applejack shipped with Snowflake (a.k.a. Bulk Biceps).

JK
JK #9 · January 24th · · ·

Yeah, Caramel was once the earliest Applejack pairing, but fell off after a few seasons in.
There's quite a few that pairs either a "give the guy a chance" Trenderhoof or "I've seen the error of my ways" Flim Flam (either) brothers.

But by far the most popular straight canon chararacter pairing for Applejack is Soarin... all because of apple pie. XD

Caramel is a pretty common one, but I also recommend looking up her with Soarin. There's some really great stories and my favorite hetero Applejack shipping.

Applespike is the common straight ship.

I have seen her being shipped with R63 main six characters like Rainbow Blitz and Butterscotch.

Soarin... unless you paired him with Dash.

A love triangle sounds fun.

Applejack straight ships
*opens mouth*
That don't involve any of her relatives
*closes mouth*

'Fraid you're gonna have to get OC significant others for that. I think there are some old SoarinJack ships from the early years, but that ship was dead by season 4.

Why limit yourself to common ships? Get crazy with it! Set her up with Fancy Pants. Or heck, Prince Blueblood! I've seen her paired with Flim (or Flam, can't remember which it was) – figuring out a way to make that work would be quite the writer's challenge. Seriously, no need to stick to the common.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

You want straight AJ? SoarinJack, 'nuff said.

SoarinJack was pretty popular back in the day.

I did read a pretty well written story that shipped Applejack with one of the Flim Flam brothers. I think it was called The Two Step. The writer did a great job getting the two characters to work.

only fic i remember seeing with applespike was precious blood, and its a tiny subplot burried under the primary fluttercord narative

Let see, as many have pointed out, during the early days of the fandom normally you would see AJ being paired with either:

- Caramel:
Kind of boring and generic if you ask me. Something fitting considering the many “AJ is a background pony” jokes from back in the day.

- Sorian:
This one is more interesting, plus it tracks with AJ and Dash constant competition, by having the 2 being in a competition to get with him. Although it was also common for the 3 to end up in a poli relationship, so that would make Dash and AJ bi.

A ship that also never became super popular but always seem popped up at the most random of places and basically never disappeared was: AJ with Spike. Honestly I liked it, there’s some interesting shenanigans they could get to, then again it was more normal to see Spike be shipped with the CMC.

One ship that I saw show up in art, but no so much in fics was AJ with Trouble Shoes. It’s a very weird ship but one that works in an odd yet fun “hard worker with dumb dork” sort of way.

Basically:
- Theres Sorian X AJ from back in the day, with either tones of AJ and Dash competition, or relationship.

- You have Spike X AJ for a ship that shows up in the most random of places and that has interesting ideas but is sort of hard to find.

- in art you have Trouble Shoes X AJ for a la extremely rare bunch of shenanigans.

But yeah, as:
7929421 pointed out, don’t limit yourself to stuff already done. Find some crack-ships and have fun with them.

Bonus, joke:
https://www.deviantart.com/stupchek/art/Rockneck-family-568309706

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21