Shipping 💖 9,749 members · 11,686 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

Like, do you honestly feel those characters make for a good and healthy relationship, or are they terrible for each other but in a fun way to watch? Or something in between?

To put it another way, if your favourite of the involved characters asked for your advice, would you tell them to go for it or steer clear?

I would tell them to just be happy with each other if they ever get discouraged by each other.

If what you're asking is for us to think of them as regular people instead of fictional characters, then it's not my place to judge who they should or shouldn't date.

LunaCord is definitely one of those couples that keep getting together and breaking up every decade or so. Sometimes cordially and quietly. Sometimes explosively. But every time they stay friends because they really can't imagine their lives without the other. And honestly, they're both fine with stepping back for a mortal lifetime if the other finds a more stable relationship with a mortal. And of course, they're always there to be each other's rebounds after a bad break-up or the death of a mortal loved one. Neither of them really expect their relationship to ever solidify into a continuous long-term romance. And honestly? They're both fine with that.

Deep #5 · Oct 19th, 2022 · · 1 ·

Actually a good question. Hmm.....

1. Twilight x Flash: I love this because I love the nerdy girl x stereotypically cool dude combo. I've seen it work in real life, and I feel like a chill, relaxed guy who goes with the flow is best to even out Twilight's neurotic tendencies. Also, I like the idea of Twilight with a military guy since she's incredibly strong and does enjoy training her body/magic.

2. Pinkie x Cheese: This is perfect and confirmed in the show, so I see zero issues with it

3. Dash x AJ: Perfect, and basically confirmed by the show

4. Fluttershy x Discord: Same as above, except this is beyond perfect :yay:

5. Spike x Rarity: This is the classic ship for this fandom. While the show does imply Spike has moved on from his crush, I do see them getting along romantically once they're older. However, I can also see Spike with Ember, while Rarity stays single to focus on her ever-expanding business.

Lightning Dust x Rainbow Dash.

Hell yeah, but Dust needs to chill out.

A touch hard to say; that's kind of a matter of perspective. But...

Rainbow Dash/Pinkie Pie: they genuinely enjoy each other's company and care about one another. I say: why not?
Twilight Sparkle/Cheerilee: something about the bookworm getting together with the teacher just seems... Apropos.
Spike/Sweetie Belle: when and if Spike's crush on Rarity fades, I can imagine Sweetie being there for him.

All that said, this brings something to mind...

This is a good question.

I was originally not going to respond/throw out the old Sprout x Me joke, but I think it’s a bit played out at this point.

I tend not to have an OTP, but perhaps this is just asking about ships I see working? Or not? Or perhaps head canon ships…either way! I go with whatever a given story presents to me, but if I were to ship any two characters it would probably be:

Well, actually I’m drawing a blank—and trust me, I thought about this for a moment.

For G4, I don’t see any of the M6 involved romantically nor sexually with anyone else (perhaps I infantilize the show versions of them) despite some of the pairings being canon. In stories, they kinda take on new forms in my head—completely separate to canon selves even if they look and act exactly alike. So who they end up with, again, it just depends on the story.

What the hell was my point in responding? You know I’m now wondering that myself. :rainbowlaugh:

Hmmmm, I truly believe Luna X Fluttershy fit well together, Luna the pony who thought no one listened nor cared with a temper that can go off at the slightest hint of a problem paired with a pony who is willing to sit and listen to the problems of others the gentle nature to help counteract that temper and an overwhelming inner strength allowing her to put her foot down when something bigger than her goes too far..... In my mind Fluttershy and Princess Luna are the perfect pairing of all the pairings I've thought up.

PROSTRATE THYSELF BEFORE LUNASHY!!!!:flutterrage:

Depends on the ship.

Is Ahuizotl x Mane-iac a good ship?

Is Spike x Sweetie Belle a good ship?

In my opinion... Yes. :derpytongue2:

7754534 Depends on the ship. My personal faves include CheesePie and LyraBon, which are canon in the show as of "The Last Problem" so there's very little evidence of them not working out. Then there's ButtonBelle, but Button's basically an OC so you can decide for yourself if you think he and Sweetie Belle would work out. Diamond and Pipsqueak is, admittedly, a crackship. But Diamond's little wink towards him in "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" makes me think they'd be good for each other, as long as Spoiled Rich wasn't a problem. FlutterCord is tricky, I think it personally depends on how Fluttershy would handle what Discord did during Season 9.

Sure I would go fo it.

Depends on the ship. Honestly I don't think Twilestia, is a bad ship (I love it so much). We all know any of mane 6 ships are the pure cocaine of the fandom so those are completely fine. I think the only real "problematic" one I like is Sombrashy just because of the whole he's an evil king and Fluttershy is a sweetheart thing.

In the past, I used to ship Twidash, but after thinking about the ship and thinking about other people I used to ship (Eg. Bloom x Stella from Winx Club) I decided I like Twi and RD more as friends who are so close, they're practically sisters.

The reason for this is because, now that I think about it, neither Twilight nor Rainbow Dash strike me as the romantic type. Twilight prefers to read books and study a lot while Rainbow enjoys flying and hanging out with her friends. They're also both strong and independent mares who like their friends, but ultimately know their lives don't revolve around each other and act like it. However, they've both learned there is nothing wrong with asking your friends for help, albeit the hard way.

The truth is Twilight and Rainbow will always be there for each other, maybe not as marefriends, but definitely as friends. If I could write a headcanon, it's that the Mane 6 swore an oath of sisterhood and to always watch each other's backs when they became adults, some years before The Last Problem. As the Element of Loyalty, Rainbow took this oath seriously the most, so her friends had to occasionally tell her to chillax and worry so much.

Heavens no. If they were good ideas, they wouldn't be any fun to write about. :trollestia:

when and if Spike's crush on Rarity fades, I can imagine Sweetie being there for him

No. Just no.

I just don't like the idea of Sweetie Belle serving as a replacement for Rarity.

As for my personal preferences, I enjoy seeing Sweetie Belle being shipped with colts, not dragons.

In my case, not as something romantic but something very close. I'm a lot of SoarinDash I love that relationship between a kind boy, somewhat awkward and calm with a rude but tender girl inside (Something like in Kim possible or Little witch academia).

Honestly I like these two as best friends who support each other by telling each other their problems and improving every day and in the comics they gave me that, unfortunately they never worked with it.

Twilight and Starlight seem healthy enough but I’d tell them to be careful with each other.

To be honest I don't know and my answer would be you should go for it instead I don't think deeply about ships I ship because I have fun with shipping characters

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21