No Author Left Unnoticed! 247 members · 2,526 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Ninjadeadbeard
Group Admin

Welcome back Un-Unnoticed Authors! After a lovely holiday season, we come back to you with the Winners of the No Author Left Unnoticed Holiday Longform Writing Contest!!!

There will be 4 separate posts announcing winners. One for Third Place Long and Short Stories (this one!), one for Second Place, and one each for our First Place Winners, which will be stickied for all to bask in their greatness!

There will not be a Runner Up post this year, as there were only enough qualified candidates for first, second, and third places.

Now, without further ado, your Third Place Winners are…

Third Place Long Form (10-30k words)

Pinkie Pie’s Hearth’s Warming Vacation

With the Apple and Pie families deciding to have another joint Hearth’s Warming celebration, this time at Sweet Apple Acres, Pinkie Pie takes it upon herself to make it the Best. Hearth’s Warming. Ever. If anyone of you have ever seen the National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, you know how this turns out. The characters are supremely in-character for this outing, though at a certain point I started thinking Chevy Chase wouldn’t make that bad of a pony himself, going by Pinkie’s slow descent into holly jolly madness. If you’re looking for a classic Christmas tale with a Pony twist, this one will certainly scratch that itch.

TPinkie Pie's Hearth's Warming Vacation
The Pie Family visits Sweet Apple Acres on Hearth's Warming Eve for the very first time! And Pinkie Pie will make it the best holiday both families ever had, no matter how much holiday madness, family drama or unexpected guests she'll be up against!
Fluttercheer · 23k words  ·  17  5 · 814 views

Third Place Short Form (7 - 10k words)

A Hearth's Warming Carol

To anyone who likes both A Christmas Carol and MLP, this is the story for you. All in all, this is well written, and, as aforementioned, a wonderfully accurate parody to A Christmas Carol. It displays Grogar in a light that truly is interesting; and I’ll not start on the joy of reading his interesting relationship with Tirek. The author captured the tone of Hearth’s Warming, of an old, well-loved book, while at the same time adding their own styles to it. A good read for the Holidays, that’s for sure!

TA Hearth's Warming Carol
When he rejects Hearth's Warming, three spirits seek to put Grogar right.
The Blue EM2 · 7.6k words  ·  22  1 · 1.2k views

Second Place will be posted tomorrow!

Congratulations to the winners! :yay:

I didn't place!?... Wait... I didn't enter. :D Couldn't come up with a longer holiday story.

Congrats on third place! Might need to read that "Vacation" parody though; it's one of my favorite holiday movies.

Best of luck to everyone and congrats!

Third place out of three participants, that's not really an accomplishment, considering how there weren't more than three entries in the first place. But, somehow, it still feels special to be listed here, this was the first time I actually participated in a writing contest. And hopefully it will bring the story a bit more attention, not many read it so far.

I bribe urge you to do it. Ponifying something is always a lot more hard work than you'd think. So more readers for this story would be really nice to have.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6