The Barcast 1,117 members · 2,301 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
anonpencil
Group Admin

As you know, there's a thread already for guests you'd like to see, but we promised there would be side projects in our new Barcast world order. We'll always be doing the Barcast itself, but we don't want you waiting ALL WEEK for us to entertain you, so there are bound to be some extras. There are a few things we've been batting around, and I'd be curious to see which of these you'd be the most interested in seeing? One or two? All? None? Post and let us know.

Drunk Readings - We pick a BAD bad story from our bad story folder, we get drunk, and we do a full reading, complete with the voices. This would likely happen impromptu, late at night, but we'd stream it as well as get it for YouTube.

Karaoke Night At The Bar - We did this once and... you fuckers seemed to love it. You pick the songs, we take turns and we sing. Usually badly, sometimes well. MLP songs, pop songs, even some in German. I know Flam, myself, Priest, and Enigma would be up for this again, we'll see if we can bribe the others too.

Writer's Workshop - This is a brainchild of Flutterpriest and Milk, and you can find it's own special little group HERE (go join and volunteer your work). This is probably the most constructive writing thing we do. It would always be milk and priest, and some of us would join them as guests to review work and give genuine, constructive criticism, analysis, and snark (because we're always snarky). This is happening no matter what, but if you have any suggestions for it, let us know.

Gaming streams - Priest and Rav already do this on occasion, but if you guys enjoy watching them FAIL MISERABLY then let us know and we'll post links to it in the group. Watching priest play horror games is... a special kind of amusing, considering he's a sucker for jump scares.

Writing Discussions - Some of you have asked for this before, and we wanted to ask about it again. Want to hear us give writing tips and discuss different aspects of fiction, nonfiction, essay, and for-pay writing? We can do it, just probably won't be the same barrel of laughs.

If there's another kind of stream or project or video you want to see us do, PLEASE LET US KNOW HERE! We'd love to see some suggestions. Also, if you'd like to see any other things in the forum here, such as writing competitions, specific discussions, art threads, archives, etc, please say so. We're open to this stuff, and we want to make YOU guys as happy and entertained as possible.
And possibly the most drunk.
Thanks!

It all seems good.
Can priest gaming stream be called "in the closet with priest"?

anonpencil
Group Admin

I would personally LOVE this.

Dungeons and dragons D8

Drunk Readings sounds absolutely brilliant. As for karaoke, it's not my thing but I am sure many people would love to see this. Writer's Workshop will continue to be great as always. As for the gaming streams, I'm sure that I'm not alone in wanting to hear Priest's manly screeching as he plays horror games.

5940307 Could be great fun.

Try watching terrible anime or shows together and do a rifftrax

I want to see/hear enigma doing or saying stupid shit in a fantasy setting just to see how many times pencil will murder him in cold blood.
Also I hope there would be ponies C:

Enigmatic Otaku
Group Admin

Play Skyrim and stop and stare at all the female argonians' chests.

anonpencil
Group Admin

Yeah, this is probably what would happen.

5940242 Any of that would be cool. But the Writer's Workshop would interest me the most.

I mean, Argonians, unlike dragons, have boobs, so you go ahead and do that.

Dude! Blackjack and pickles! Game night stream in which you all play a party game! Thatd be awesome!

The gaming stream, and drunk readings sound fun. Oh, and the karaoke night thing. Some drunk Dark Souls with priest in the closet, full play through.

We should play something together. Like CAH, or Secret Hitler.

God, a drunkcast Secret Hitler game would be hilarious.

Flammenwerfer
Group Admin

Moar Saturday casts.

Goddamnit.

I liked the Writer's Workshop, it's a nice idea that offers some interaction with random people on the site.

Flutterpriest
Group Admin

There's definitely going to be some writers workshops as soon as the rebrand is over. We're getting close.

And I'll see what I can do to get a blind "Closet Time" playing Silent Hill 2.

anonpencil
Group Admin

Can I sit in and verbally abuse you?

Flutterpriest
Group Admin

I'd expect nothing less :)

Play the entire Spy Fox collection.
I will buy it.

5940242 I think it'd be funny to actually have you guys use cameras so we can watch how you guys get steadily drunker as the night goes on. Just a thought. :P

Writing Discussions - Some of you have asked for this before, and we wanted to ask about it again. Want to hear us give writing tips and discuss different aspects of fiction, nonfiction, essay, and for-pay writing? We can do it, just probably won't be the same barrel of laughs.

I wouldn't mind stepping in to help out here! I give out advice on how to get your stuff read and how to improve quite often, so if I can help here, I think that'd be fun. I'd bring my own beer, of course. :P

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22