Elric of Melnipony: The Group 81 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

Who else joined this group because, why not?

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I joined because somebody put my name on it...

scoots2
Group Contributor

3800664 I joined out of sincere admiration for Elric, which sounds mushy, but true.

arcum42
Group Admin

I honestly probably would spend a fair amount of time hanging out with Elric in real life as friends if we weren't in different states. (The same is true of horizon, incidentally, who I have met in real life...)

--arcum42

It was obligatory due to knowing the member of honour somewhat.

I joined Because it's a worship group. Those are always fun.

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Contributor

I joined because there was a big green button, just oozing from temptation to click it.

So I clicked it.

I shall suffer the consequences for doing so... Later...

~Twi

Stiggerzz
Group Contributor

^ Pretty much this

3800664 I joined because Elric is cool.

I joined in the hopes of kidnapping enough users to start up my own lemon cult.

I joined because the namesake can annoy the fuck out of me and I respect that.:applejackunsure:

Luminary
Group Contributor

I joined because of my secret crush on Elric that can never ever be brought to light or even vaguely hinted at, due to the risk of sullying my perfect admiration for Senpai's sage wisdom.

I joined because Elric's just this guy, you know? He's an awesome dude at that.

Also, I'd like to bring this to light once more:

Don't trifle with me, child. There is absolutely nothing in your story description -- which is all I've read -- saying that any reader should expect errors. I'm assuming you said this in an author's note, but given that I was quoting directly from the description, someone as brilliant as you are would no doubt have been able to gather that I was only referring to said description.

Even if the story was written some time ago, there was nothing stopping you from correcting it before posting it to the site; also, the description is brand new and would presumably be error-free if you're as skilled as you claim to be. I have my doubts concerning those skills, however, considering your failure to capitalize the personal pronoun "I" twice in your reply. It's also worth noting that the sentence in my previous comment doesn't require a comma as there were only two items separated by the conjunction; had I been listing three or more, you might have had a valid point.

Finally, the offer to whip out one's IQ as a form of virtual genital-measuring contest is a sign of someone who is truly insecure. But now that you've made the offer, I realize that this could have amusement value. You pick a free, online test and provide a link. We'll both take the test and compare screencaps of results. Deal?

You cannot even comprehend the awesomeness that is this post.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

:pinkiegasp:

:twilightblush:
I don't even remember what story that comment was on, but the writer's tantrum in response to my original comment told me a verbal spanking was in order. And despite the writer being so certain that his/her IQ was so much higher than mine, I never did get any follow-up on that challenge once I suggested how we go about it...

Baby Boo
Group Contributor

I joined because if I didn't, Elric would probably hit me with a hat, Skipper-on-Gilligan-action style.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I'm more of a Peter Venkman, jump-up-and-smack-somebody-on-the-top-of-the-head-on-the-way-down kind of guy.
"I'm in the middle of something, Ray!"

Baby Boo
Group Contributor

Well, as long as you're also the Peter Venkman give-out-candy-bars-when-they're-merited type.

Baby Boo
Group Contributor

I believe the proper term is HNNNNGGGHH!

Cryosite
Group Contributor

Where am I? How did I get here? Who is Elric?

Huh? I thought I was signing up for Elric of Melnipony: the Flamethrower. :twistnerd:

Now I need to figure out a new Christmas present for my nephews... :facehoof:

DH7

I joined because someone told me that there was going to be strippers and beer.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Well, you heard wrong, didn't you?

It was hookers and blackjack.

...aaah, forget the blackjack.

Strippers and beer is Pastafarian heaven.

I joined because Elric is a pretty cool guy who slaps bad authors and don't afraid of anything.

DH7

I prefer spades to blackjack, and neither in the place of beer. I think I'll start drinking early today.

The hookers, however, will do.

Wait . . . are we talking five-star hookers here, or five-dollar hos? I'll pass on the wrinkly crack-addicts. :P

3800664 I joined because Elric knows far too much good music to NOT stalk. Also because I admire his epic photoshop / caption skills. On top of that the few private conversations we have had have always been enlightening or funny as hell.

... if I've ever seen proof of god. It was that comment 3808105

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Gee, I'd really like to set those people on fire over there... but I'm way too far away to get the job done.
If only I had something that would throw flame on them.

-- George Carlin, on the invention of the flamethrower

We have a wide variety.

Were you following me back when I did those blog posts that gave '80s music theme songs to different ponies?

3825404 No but our first conversation was you linking me to those, and me and you firing back and forth one of one shots of great stuff for a few hours.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31