The Chase Group 423 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 29 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 29
kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

How do all of you feel about such a thing?

what like through the mirror? regardless you would have to be careful how you do it but if done right it might work

Relatively indifferent.

Well, time to loose the little self-respect I have.

I have a whole alternate version of The Chase in my head, with anthro characters, with ONE human as the last survival of Earth, helping Buck defending against the Mirror Travelers. Eventually they discover that whatever is behind the Travelers was responsible for the destruction of Earth, an entity that feeds uppon entropy. To help Bucky, lotsa of Mecha tecnology comes with our brave human, that he must...

...I´m not answering your question, right ?

Ok *deep breath*...focus...I´m not completly against it, and I can see some situations that are, in a way, already preparations for humans arrival. From the mirror portal to the automatic guns brought to the minotaurs rebewl, you´re already hinting the existence of humans, or, at least, anthropormofic beings (not necessarily from our earth, but something alike). So it seems you have some openings to introduce humans into your work without "pushing" the idea into your universe. But I can tell it´ll be a delicate matter introducing then.

I´m curious and open to such idea...

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Eventually, humans will be mentioned in The Catch.

In the past tense.

Only if you're doing more with Equestria Girls stuff like the Dazzlings, or vague references to Megan and sibs fro G1 as Equestrian mythological figures.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Specifically, humans will be mentioned as ancestors to the minotaurs. A group of humans came to Equestria, encountered some bad magic that caused them to fall madly in love with a group of cows, and since crossbreeding between anything exists, the first minotaurs appeared. Moo.

It was a spoiler! Why did you read it?

I'm fine with it, knowing you, you seem to be able to write anything and make it seel totally legitamit.
I mean try to summarize The Chase, how ridiculous it sounds, but if you read it, it makes complete sense.

You've wrote stranger things, why would this be the straw that broke the camel's back?

I don't care really. As long as you feel you can pull it off well, as in, you yourself enjoy it, then it pretty much meets my requirements.

Not really a spoiler if you know where the original Minotaur came from in Greek mythology... Oh, Daedalus, you had to help her...

Anyway, if someone can do it properly, it's you.

knowing you you'll work them into the mythology somehow, so go ahead.

*coughs* please, for the love of all things pony please be cautious if you are going to implement them. Or go crazy. You always seem to pull it off in the end >.>

You've proven to have plenty of forethought in your writing. With Equestria connected to a multiverse of mirrors to different worlds, anything is possible.

If you did, I see no problem with it that isn't based in pointless bias. There's how many mythological critters already in place, so humans fitting into the mix seems just fine with context.

I'd be willing to give it a chance, I guess.

Interesting idea, certainly. There's nothing that says the transformation of mirror portals is two-way, or that it applies to all of them. I have many questions about which humans, in both general and specific senses, but I don't really want those questions answered. Suffice to say, I think you can make this idea work.

Things can go very right or disturbingly wrong for everyone involved, it depends on who's side they are on unless your going for multiple factions bent on helping or destroying Equestrians for shit and giggles. :applejackunsure:
On a related note, is the whole "A person is smart but people are stupid." rule going to be applied if they get involved?:twilightoops:
You've been very good at showing that your characters have their personal flaws and it really worries me how it would affect your introductions of a species that has a hard time getting over their own until something tries to kill them all.:facehoof:

Careful, you're treading into Xanthian territory with that idear....

Can't say I'm a fan of the idea, honestly. Doesn't feel like it'd work with what you've already built into your world. That said, I can roll with it if you do put them in.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

To be fair, the humans are long since gone. It is something that will appear in The Catch, mentioned in passing, the effect of humans upon the world.

So something from the past and how it effects the coming future.

4161841 well ain't that some shit.

Good shit mind you, I'm all for that kind of shit.

But that makes me question just why scorch would have given them magic, seems like a kind of wild bet to give power to something so... Alien. Then again, compared to a primordial being several billion years old I guess everything would be considered alien.

Well, if you decide to implement them in whichever way you do, I'm fine with it as I have confidence that you'll do it right. But, if you were to only give me a second to answer and had to use the first thing off my mind, I'd say no. While I'm a big HIE dude, your story just doesn't seem to fit humans. Then again, I point out the same thing I said up above.

Do what you like and keep on going :)

to a lesser or greater extent there all ready in supplying arms to terrorists and friends of sunset shimmer and twilight sparkle. just use caution and good judgment if it does not fell right don't do it if it does go for it.

I hate the idea of humans in equestria but if is a mention of them as a myth or ancient history I can deal with it. Lol. Oth3r side of the mirror is fine.

4162135 I thought scorch was the one that created the monitors

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

He was. He just had something worthwhile to work with.

If Kudzu is the one writing it, I'm okay with it. You go Kudzuhaiku.

Though I acknowledge that humans have influenced events in the chase I personally would prefer if that influence would not grow. I'm not saying no to a mission beyond the mirror only to adding humans to Equestria

Oh, so past-tense? Go for it. Present tense... not so much.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 29