Golden Oak Book Club 205 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

Okaaaaaaaaay! It's time for the second vote to commence! We have six stories up for contention this time around. Will we have comedy? Will we have tragedy? Both? Neither? You decide!
As of this thread's posting, you have three days to vote for a story. Reminders that voting can be done by commenting in this thread here, or by PMing either ToixStory or I if you desire to have a secret ballot. You may only vote for one story, and may only vote if you are a member.

The suggestion thread can be found here, and the stories to vote on are:

#1: Lulamoon's Castle by Bookish Delight

Days after Tirek's near-takeover of Equestria, The Great And Powerful Trixie travels to Ponyville, intent on settling her rivalry with Twilight Sparkle once and for all. No trinkets to fudge her abilities, no megalomania to apologize for -- just pure and simple magician's honor!
Upon her arrival, however, she quickly learns that the information she has on Ponyville -- and Twilight -- is more than a little dated.

[Slice of Life]

#2: Queen of Queens by JawJoe

Our kind has it that the life of a queen is the happiest, for they are blessed with the shortest time in this world. A mighty queen will be remembered for eternity, forever residing in the hearts of her people. The greatest tragedy a queen can suffer is to be forgotten – to be stricken from history.

I refuse to bend before oblivion.

[Dark]

#3: Princess Twilight Sparkle's 500th Birthday by Autumnschild

Today is Princess Twilight Sparkle’s 500th birthday! And her most faithful student, an earth pony with a familiar name, can’t wait to celebrate!

[Slice of Life] [Alternate Universe]

#4: Dead-Eye Darling by totallynotabrony

Being a cowboy is usually very straightforward. Frank, however, finds himself in over his head when he meets a unicorn - a very whiny, needy unicorn with a compulsive need to be fabulous and an unexpected knack for gunslinging.
In a world where nothing comes easy and everything is incredibly dirty, a man and a pony are going to have to rely on each other to make it through.

[Dark] [Comedy] [Adventure] [Alternate Universe] [Human]

#5: Of Lilies and Chestnuts by Prane

In some circles Fancy Pants and his lovely wife Fleur are considered to be the most heroic duet of Canterlot. They have conquered countless social events, faced hundreds of snobbish ponies and emerged victorious from the most dire of faux pas. Truly, ballads shall be sung in honor of their bravery for generations!

However, these very heroes have recently discovered that there is something missing from their lives. Something that can't be obtained by wielding a keen edge of exquisite mannerism or showing deft expertise in charming smiles. Something that cannot be gained or achieved, but must be earned.

Something that came to them in the form of a brash, growing up filly from beyond Equestria.

[Slice of Life]

#6: Body and Mind by Starman Ghost

Pincer is a changeling, a proud soldier of Queen Chrysalis. After the failed invasion of Canterlot, he finds himself trapped and at the mercy of Princess Celestia's Royal Guard. Believing that Celestia sees his species as nothing but soulless monsters, he prepares himself for the worst. The weeks crawl by, marked by an endless series of questions he will not answer for fear of endangering his friends and family at The Hive. As his nerves wear down and his interrogators learn just how ruthless he thinks they are, they have nothing to report but his belief that they will kill and destroy his kind without mercy.

Celestia steps in to prove him wrong, and what he learns leaves Pincer questioning everything he has ever known — but also gives him hope for what he'd never thought possible.

[Adventure]

Happy voting, everyone!

Princess Twilight Sparkle's Birthday for 500 please.

Princess Twilight's Sparkle's 500th Birthday, for me.

Hmm. Of Lies and Chestnuts sound good to me.

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

I'm actually interested in Dead-Eye Darling. Nice suggestion, Chaos.

I vote Dead-Eye Darling or Princess Twilight's 500th Birthday.

Body and Mind or Lulamoon's Castle.

3676270 500th Birthday for me, I think

Alright, I'll vote for Body and Mind by Starman Ghost.

But for the record, we ought to have a better method of voting, especially since we're nearing 200 members. Tallying up 200 comments seems like a lot of unnecessary work. Something like survey form on the internet would probably do. Here's an example: http://goo.gl/forms/HQyxE4xjny

I going to go buy some streamers, drinks, and cake for Twilight's 500th Birthday.

Majin Syeekoh
Group Contributor

Either Queen of Queens or 500

500th birthday for me. I'm in a party mood.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14