Unsung Heroes: Characters Without Tags 255 members · 1,073 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

Filthy Rich
Zippoorwhill
Pegasus Dad (Zippoorwhill's father; needs a better name)
Fiddlesticks
Prim Hemline
Trenderhoof
Steven Magnet
Crackle
Garble
Hoops
Dumbell
Fleetfoot
Seperate tags for Cloudchaser and Flitter
Magnum
Pearl
Cheerleaders from Rainbow Falls
Batponies
Flutterbat
Alula
Tom
Bloomburg

Not so sure about the cheerleaders, honestly.
And isn't Bloomberg the tree that went to Appleloosa? That's just silly.

I'm in agreement with all of this, more or less. :pinkiesmile:

It is silly, but I have seen two crackfics with Bloomburg and I could see other stuff being written with him as an actual character (Applejack "raising" him; Braeburn treating him as if he's a good listener, other characters being drawn to Bloomburg, such as Fluttershy, or more crackfics.) :trollestia:

Alright, but if Bloomberg actually becomes a character tag, I want a Twilight's Library Tree tag as well. I have ideas, darn it!

... Magnificent! YES! :raritystarry:

Metool Bard
Group Admin

3019839 Great googly moogly. That's, quite a lot. :applejackconfused:

Alright, let's see if we can sort these out:

Filthy Rich

That's actually a good one.

Zipporwhill and Zipporwhill's Father

I guess I don't understand the appeal of Zipporwhill, but I really don't know if she's important enough to warrant a tag. I'll consider this, though.

Fiddlesticks

As much as I love Fiddle, you have to admit that she's just a recolor of Octavia. That would be like suggesting a tag for Crescent Moon simply because he shares a design with Doctor Whooves/Time Turner.

Prim Hemline

I actually considered this one when I first formed this group, but I don't think Prim was nearly as important as Suri or Coco.

Trenderhoof

I, suppose. Although I fear that he's destined to be pigeon-holed into a bunch of romance fics of varying quality. Plus, he's about as interesting as being trapped in an elevator with a potato. Then again, Flash Sentry holds that distinction, too, so who am I to judge?

Steven Magnet

Eh, I dunno. He was more of a plot device than an actual character.

Teenage Dragons

That's another good one.

Rainbow Dash's Bullies

I really don't think these guys are important enough.

Fleetfoot

Technically, Fleetfoot already has a tag in the form of the Wonderbolts tag. I know she probably deserves a separate tag, but this group is for character that you'd normally file under Other. Fleet doesn't meet that criteria.

Separate tags for Flitter and Cloudchaser

Again, if you're not forced to use the Other tag, they don't meet the criteria. Though since Flitter guides the breezies and Cloudchaser is a Wonderbolt Cadet, I can think of a lot of stories about one or the other.

Rarity's Parents

I don't necessarily disagree with you on this, but if we're gonna make a tag for them, we might as well make a tag for every family member of the Mane 6. And considering how big Applejack's family is, I don't think the mods would be keen on that idea.

Batponies

This would fall under the same category as the Royal Guard. They may have a cool design, but they're really not that important.

Flutterbat

This is just my personal belief, but I don't see Fluttershy and Flutterbat as two different characters; just like I don't see Twilight Sparkle and Princess Twilight Sparkle as two different characters. Then again, if FIMFiction is making the distinction between Twilight pre- and post-coronation, I suppose Flutterbat could have her own tag.

But again, since Flutterbat still technically has a tag, she doesn't fall into the criteria of having a folder in this group.

Alula

I don't think a lot of people are gonna know who that is.

Tom and Bloomberg

Yeeeeeah, no. Inanimate objects, unless you're doing something clever with them, don't count as characters.

Zippoorwhile and father
Already 4 stories and I know of at least two authors other than myself interested in writing for her with projects in the works.

Prim Hemline and Trenderhoof are no more and no less important than Hoity Toity, Fancypants, and Photo Finish all of whom are "one shot Rarity episode BGPs." I would rank them as imortant/unimportant as Ms. Peachbottom and other characters as well.
Trenderhoof Other tag
Again, Trendy hipster stallion looky!
Still looking for Prim Hemline stories. Somewhat difficult.

Fleetfoot:
While the Wonderbolts do indeed have a group tag, Spitfire and Soarin' have their own separate tags. Just like there is reason to use the M6 tag alone and with individual M6 members, and the CMC tag alone and with individual CMC members, the Wonderbolts have plenty of reason to use their group tag alone or with individual Wonderbolts. Fleetfoot, like the other two, has her own part in at least one canon episode now, has her own arc(s) in the semi-offical comics, and is in several stories. She is decently popular all things considered.
Fire and Rain
Blue and Gold
Amor Caucus Est - Mature
This last one actually does specifically make use of the Other tag, because while the rest of the wonderbolts do make an appearance in the story, it is specifically about Rainbow Dash and Fleetfoot. Ruirik's stories also make very specific use of Fleetfoot as an individual, not simply as part of the Wonderbolts group.

Similarly, there already exists incentive to use Either Flitter or Cloudchaser by herself and stories that do so do exist. You are forced to use the Other tag if you want to be accurate in your tagging. I would go so far as to say that a lot of the stories (mostly clop) that use them both do so mostly because you can't use them individually, and a lot of authors aren't all that creative.
Here is one that uses Flitter alone:
Big Butterfly Brouhaha
It doesn't use the Other tag, but probably should.

Magnum and Pearl have had a speaking role on the show and have been used in several stories. Pinkie Pie's parents would have made my list as well, except they haven't been named on the show, and I have not personally run across stories using them, unlike most of the rest of my suggestions.
Warning squicky as hell Magnum especially features strongly in this one.
Very NSFW Oh hey looky, an Other Tag.

If people wanted to make use of various members of the Apple Family, I would suggest they do in fact need tags/folders/whatever. As it stands currently, they would need the Other tag. Granny Smith, Apple Bloom, Big Mac, Braeburn, and Caramel get their own tags right now, I don't see any reason to deny the others. However my personal standard is: Used in stories, Named and voiced on show. Either or both together are incentive for necessity.

Alula
I'll just go ahead and link the entire Winningverse group, and let you find all the stories that feature Alula as Cloud Kicker's little sister.

One of my favorite non-WV Alula stories; she was paired with Diamond Tiara a lot after Hearts and Hooves day aired.

Tom and Bloomburg
Best Tom fic in existance and uses Other tag.
Tom x Bloomburg, my OTP and this is not the only one that exists. Oh hey, look at that tag.

I wasn't able to find any support for my suggestion of Steven Magnet, so I concede that one. Fiddlesticks was similarly thrown in "off the top of my head." Though it seems rather arbitrary to exclude her simply for being a "recolor" of another BGP. Octavia herself is simply an un-voiced and un-named in canon background character. She has a tag simply because of her popularity. If I do find stories with Fiddlesticks, I'll revisit this one.

Batponies and Flutterbat I suggested simply for consistency. As you noted yourself, Twilight/Alicorn Twilight have separate tags. Additionally, Mare Do Well has her own tag, as do Power Ponies. Changelings also get their own tag. Royal Guard should have their own tag too.

The criterion of "Has to use the Other tag" is pretty much identical to "A character I'd tag in a story, but can't since there isn't one to use." The Other tag paired with explanation is a bandaid to that problem, as is using group tags (Wonderbolts) or Fluttershy (instead of the missing Flutterbat) tag. Ideally we'd never have to do either.

3025198 One of my favorite stories, period, is Five Hundred Little Murders, featuring Flitter but not Cloudchaser (beyond maybe a mention, I don't recall for sure).

I'd like to see Raven get a tag too, just because she has such a neat design and her apparent position as an assistant to Princess Celestia (and, apparently, Mayor Mare - or maybe she has an identical twin?!) could lead to all sorts of interesting stories, if only people were more aware of her (and she has been used in at least one story I read, though I don't remember which).

Ok, can I just say right now that I have no idea what Alula looks like. I know she was seen in the show, but I have no idea where. Anybody got a canon picture of her with Cloudkicker?

Sisterhooves Social She and Cloud Kicker race together.

She's a fan of Rainbow Dash in MMDW.

Shipping fuel with Diamond Tiara in Hearts and Hooves Day

dressed as an astronaut for Nightmare Night.

and tons of other appearances.

Oh, so THAT'S Alula. Now it all makes a lot more sense. Thanks!

Metool Bard
Group Admin

Similarly, there already exists incentive to use Either Flitter or Cloudchaser by herself and stories that do so do exist. You are forced to use the Other tag if you want to be accurate in your tagging.

How so? You could just as easily use the Flitter and Cloudchaser tag and indicate in the description that the story is about one or the other. Ditto for Fleetfoot and the Wonderbolts tag. :unsuresweetie:

As for Fiddlesticks, well, I have written a couple of stories involving her, but I'm still not sure if she needs her own tag.

I'll make a few updates, but I don't think there's gonna be a folder for everyone you listed. There has to be some standards in place here, know what I mean?

3025577 She's also called Princess Erroria, due to her inability to decide whether she wants to be an Earth pony, unicorn, pegasus, or alicorn. :trollestia:

Have to admit, that got a chuckle outta me.

The Dazzlings. I know they're EG characters, but they're important characters, and there are already a number of people writing fics about them and wondering who they're shipped with. I'm not counting on their getting a tag soon--maybe they will and maybe they won't--but they should have a folder too.

Twilight's parents.

Twilight Velvet, at least, has plenty of stories, plus a whole AU that kind of revolves around her. I think.

Metool Bard
Group Admin

3643790 Um, yeah. I think it's better to wait on that one until after the movie actually comes out, don't you? :duck:

3643831 We already have that folder. In fact, I think I added one of your stories to it, so I'm not sure how you don't know this. :derpytongue2:

Derp. :derpytongue2: This is what I get for not checking the folders.

3644504 The fics are already out there. Just thinking ahead.

Sorry for bumping this dead thread, but what about Ruby Pinch and Tootsie Flute? Neither one of them has tags for any of the stories they're in, same goes for Crackle Pop and Strawberry Parchment.

Edit; Also, Pina Colada and Cotton Cloudy don't have tags either, same for Sunshine Smiles and Moonlight Raven.

Metool Bard
Group Admin

5712014 Ruby Pinch, maybe.

Tootsie Flute, possibly.

Crackle Pop, Strawberry Parchment, Pina Colada, and Cotton Cloudy... Um, who are those? And if I have to ask that, you're really going to have to sell their relevance to me and explain why they deserve folders.

Sunshine Smiles and Moonlight Raven haven't appeared since Canterlot Boutique. If you asked for their inclusion when that episode came out, I might have considered it. As it stands, though, I don't know how they are relevant enough to deserve their own tags alongside Thorax and Sunburst. :applejackunsure:

Crackle Pop is the pony who was seen alongside Derpy in "The Cart Before The Ponies", Strawberry Parchment was, like Crackle Pop, see with Colgate in "Stranger Than Fan Fiction", Pina Colada is Berry Punch's little sister from "Sisterhooves Social" and Cotton Cloudy is Twilight Sparkle's fan, see in "Trade Ya" as well as a background character like the above ponies.

Actually, they showed up in the season five finale as well.

Metool Bard
Group Admin

Okay, Crackle Pop and Pina Colada, maybe. But the rest don't have that much in the way of significance, neither in the show nor in the fandom. That's what this group is all about, y'know. Unless you have a stronger case for them being included, I'll have to say no.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23