Anti-Depression Ponies 1,888 members · 2,428 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

I am making a whole slew of new stories, but there's been almost no comments on some of them.

I'm worried I'm doing something wrong.

Any ideas?

It's not you Aether.

A lot of people just won't comment for what ever reason. It's very unhelpful in terms of getting feedback.

You'd have a better chance of getting feedback for your stories in the FimFiction Discord server.

You just haven't made people react strongly enough to feel they must comment.

Here's a story that made people want to give feedback. Thirty-five comments! :trollestia:

TPrincess Celestia Goes Back in Time to Save Robin Williams From Killing Himself (But Can You Really Change History?)
You already know how this one ends...or DO you? A fanfic for "Princess Celestia saves Robin Williams from killing himself."
Mockingbirb · 1.8k words  ·  8  44 · 261 views

Thank you guys 🙂

I have another concern, I have recently started making clop stories, [save for TSODL] and I haven't been doing any graphic or overly descriptive descriptions of the love scenes.

But still when they see that Sex tag up there, I automatically get dislikes.

How do I communicate that I would like to get a reason for the dislikes? Without sounding like I'm snapping at my viewers.

That's not something that can be helped.

There are people that will just downvote any such stories just to do it basically.

I have another concern, I have recently started making clop stories, [save for TSODL] and I haven't been doing any graphic or overly descriptive descriptions of the love scenes.

"clop stories"

"haven't been doing any graphic or overly descriptive descriptions of the love scenes"

Do you even know what the word "clop" MEANS to people on this site? "Graphic or overly descriptive" is what most of the clop fans on this site are looking for. I would elaborate, but I don't think this is a group that allows M-rated parodies.

Alright, one more thing.

I'm being trolled by an immature serial disliker in my stuff, how do I figure out who they are so I can ask them to stop?

But still when they see that Sex tag up there, I automatically get dislikes.

I noticed that, in general, the "Sex" tag on non-clop stories doesn't seem to get that many more dislikes, and it can potentially even help get views, but it seems to only have this effect when the story is "T" rated. However, I did see that two of the stories with the "Sex" tag also have the "Anthro" tag, so the "Anthro" tag with the "Sex" tag could be a reason you got a few more dislikes, although it could also be the story itself.

How do I communicate that I would like to get a reason for the dislikes? Without sounding like I'm snapping at my viewers.

You could always put that in the story's long description. Also, if the "M" stories don't have graphic or overly descriptive descriptions of the love scenes, then why are they rated "M" in the first place? Unless one of the site mods said or recommended it, or non-sex factors in the story are the reason (i.e violence that requires the "M" rating) graphic and overly descriptive descriptions of the love scenes are the type of sex in stories that need the "M" rating; tamer descriptions should only need the "T" rating. You could also just have the most "saucy" part of sex not be detailed or emitted.

7922422 If you notice that multiple stories got downvoted at the same time, admins of this site can look at IPs and find the culprit. They then check if the perpetrator of downvotes actually read the stories (scroll action + enough time in between). If they can prove that the person downvoted without reading, the downvoter is looking at ban time.

Thank you, I will try this if they continue :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13