Sunset Shimmer 4,926 members · 6,754 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

I realized that Sunset Shimmer is normally never angry and then one time she just explodes at Sci Twilight. Maybe there can be a story that explores the idea that Sunset doesn't allow herself to get angry, maybe because she was angry all the time pre-reformation, and so when she does it's an explosion and she always feels super guilty afterword.

Is there a fic with this premise. If not I send it out to all the writers out there

I think no but I think there is Anon-a-Miss one that hints that she wasn't totally happy before the battle of bands because the girls couldn't stop rubbing it in what a jerk she used to be. No offense we didn't mean to remind you of what a she demon you use to be.

Yeah. It's okay if it's only Rainbow because she can sometimes be pretty rude without actually meaning to, but all of them just always reminding her of that is just... too much.

I read a fic called Homeless Sunset that had something similar where the MC noticed when Sunset got angery or was hyper focused and got interrupted got angry.

It would make sense, anger can drive people to do bad things and long term anger, such as pre-reform Sunset's, shows she was angry all the time. Not just at Celestia or Twilight I'm the first movie but kinda the world in general.

I feel that was a mix of pride and entitlement but even so a hefty reality check sent her on a better path even though she did have a few explosions. Granted the one against Sci-Twi I still think was justified given she was playing with forces she didn't understand

That's a good idea! That could be it, and that is a nice story idea!

Well almost all the girls were doing. Even principal Celestia managed to rub it in.

I have to disagree with the premise of this question. We have seen Sunset get angry and/or lose her temper on many occasions. In fact, her anger and aggression are some of her defining character traits, even after her reformation. Just off the top of my head, I can think of several times she's gotten mad:
-at then end of the first EqG movie when she realizes she's lost
-in Rainbow Rocks when Trixie accuses her of sabotaging the Rainbooms' performance out of jealousy
-in Friendship Games she is frustrated and angry at herself for her ignorance of the situation throughout the movie, not just when she confronts Twilight
-in Forgotten Friendship, she gets really mad at Trixie, and later, even madder at Wallflower
-in Rollercoaster of Friendship, she gets angry about not being able to win the carnival game
-in Sunset's Backstage Pass, she is angry and frustrated throughout the special about her situation

That's a very good point. Your compleltly right. I take it back. Sunset does not bottle up her anger.

Can you see what I see plays with this a bit, with one chapter talking about Sunsets anger issues in the past.

I don't know any story like this personally, but I don't usually read stories. Though, I have been thinking about exploring this concept in my Sundagio story at a later date since I usually write Sunset as a cool-headed person. But don't get me wrong, she definitely has times where she has anger issues in canon, so I've been thinking about exploring the idea.

Well, if you'd like an idea on why Sunset is angry and how she used to, well, express it, I have a series of Sunset prequels pretty much spot on for that

"We're just sitting in the white room the whole time!?!" Sunset said calmly mad

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14