Sunset Shimmer 4,927 members · 6,749 stories
Comments ( 114 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 114

Hey all! I'm looking for a story I found several years ago(may have been featured at the time) and thought I'd bookmarked but no such luck- it may have been removed since I haven't found any results on here w/ permutations of the title...

The title was something like "I just want to go home" and the plot involved Sunset talking to Pony!Twilight about how her Equestria High friends all seemed to be rather one-dimensional personality wise, and how she misses Equestria, I think she mentions her parents, and wonders if she can go back, and if she's actually dead or in purgatory or something. Twilight responds, "You're not dead. You're in an oubliette spell." or something along those lines- turns out, the twist is that Sunset is trapped in a fake universe until she "reforms" by accepting Twilight as her friend; Sunset of course is appalled by this and can't imagine being friends with the one who put her through this and Twilight comments about how Sunset will probably get drunk and forget anyway since they've had this conversation before. Ends with Midnight Sparkle appearing to Sunset and offering to help her.

Searching for "I just want to go home" reveals nothing of the like, and "oubliette spell" just gets me a lot of Ogres and Oubliettes related fics. No luck with searching "Sunset Shimmer" and "dark" fics in my Read Later and Bookmarks lists either, despite me being fairly sure I would have saved it.

Is this fic still around somewhere, and if so, anyone know where I can find it?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I think it's this one:

EGoing Home
Sunset has a very important question for Twilight
GrassAndClouds2 · 5.3k words  ·  1,329  111 · 17k views

--Sweetie Belle

That's exactly it, thank you so much!

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

No problem, glad I was able to find it!

--Sweetie Belle

Hi first time posting here, I'm looking for a story very similar in nature to this one:
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/234374/a-home-for-the-holidays
The one I'm trying to find has twilight and her family replaced with AJs', other than that I actually don't recall any other story beats besides running into each other at the homeless shelter, I've searched my liked and favorites folder to no avail, it is entirely possible I've imagined it existing but figured I'd ask, any help, tips, or leads are greatly appreciated.

Looking for for a story where a young Sunset flees Equestria through the portal and is taken under the wing of a otherworldly being. She meets this creature while begging on a street side and it gives her an Equestrian Bit.

Later in the story she meets a young human Twilight who's parents were murdered by the supernatural, A Human Luna, whom is College aged and starts dating Sunset, and a human Celestia who I don't remember liking too much.

If this sounds familiar, please link it to me if you know where to find it.

I'd recommend checking a backup archive like fimfetch or if that doesn't work then using the wayback machine to get a copy of the epub

Comment posted by alluringming deleted Mar 6th, 2023

Are there any good stories out there that involve sunset shimmer somehow being transported to another world other than equestria girls or our earth? Perhaps another version of equestria that different from one she originated from or another fantasy world all together?

I’m looking for a story I saw once but can’t seem to find. It was about how Sunset’s change of heart at the Fall Formal took a lot longer. Basically, it’s all in her head where she talks to the Elements of Harmony, and I’m pretty sure the cover art was a picture of Sunset with one demon eye. I hope that’s enough detail. Anybody know this story? I know I saw it on here.

Very late, but If it is still relevant, I believe what you are talking about is Sundowner

There are probably a lot of crossover stories that go that way
First that comes to my mind is SAPR (a EQG and RWBY crossover)
There are also several Harry Potter fiction with that premise, but my favorite one is This one, although it has a sequel that is dead

Yeah, that was it.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 114