Straight Shipping 2,895 members · 6,632 stories
Comments ( 29 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 29

Which of these mares here do you guys think would be a perfect mare to pair Rockhoof with?

It’s for an idea that’s been racking in my head lately, which is to do a romance between Rockhoof and one of these mares. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to decide which one to pair him with, so that’s why I decided to ask all of you.

Redheart. She won’t put up with any of his thousand year out of date attitudes.

Applejack is tricky. There’s a lot of material in this potential. Her looking up to him, helping him to adjust, the in-law relationship between him an Applebloom, Big Mac could possibly feel inadequate due to rockhoof being stronger, there’s just many angles and factors to approach this from. Just gotta be careful in how you organize these factors into making a coherent story.

I can’t see any potential with coco.

Redheart. What the previous guy said. She won’t put up with his antiquated ideas, which itself could produce an interesting discussion in the story.

That’s my two cents. Take it for what it is worth. 😁

I already have an OC in mind to pair with Redheart.

So, who would you pick for Rockhoof?

Is he canon to the show?

In the comics, Rockhoof is shipped super hard with Mage Meadowbrook (and it's adorable), so I guess if we're sticking with the healer theme, I'd vote for Nurse Redheart.

Redheart. A loving nurse shipped with a warrior in constant need of having his wounds healed

Intrigued by all. But I ship RockApple

The semi-canon IDW Legends of Magic series. They're only portrayed as friends - although Rockhoof does get heart wingding eyes and declare "I think I'm in love" after seeing her at an eating contest (it makes more sense in context!) - but their relationship is very close (even compared to the other Pillars), and all of their scenes when they're just talking together are adorable.

Of the three, the biggest crack shipping challenge would be Coco, considering that she lives in Manehattan, and there doesn't seem to be much, if anything that they would even have in common. The meet cute would certainly be adorable, though.

Considering Coco's theatrical endeavors, perhaps if she and the Midsummer Revival were to put on a play about the Pillars or even the Mighty Helm...

*sees Nurse Redheart*
*imagines Rockhoof and Redheart as a couple*
Oh... my... god...

So, you think it should be Redheart?

There's no doubt in my mind that Nurse Redheart is one of the sweetest and most caring ponies around, but after seeing the way she threw Pinkie out of the nursery in that one episode, I like to think that she's also really rough and tumble. I feel like her and Rockhoof would have a really great dynamic.

Does that mean a ‘no’ on Redheart? If so, who would you pick for Rockhoof?
Anything for who I can pair Rockhoof with?

No, I mean “Yes on Redheart,” becasue she’ll be a good foil to him. She’ll bring him to the new century faster than anypony else.

Plus, look how adorbs Redheart is! Squeeeee!

Failed correct reply above sorry

Which pony do you find yourself leaning towards the most?

Some do ship AJ with him.

Here’s a question to answer in your fic: did mares (other than Tia and Luna) have jobs outside the home 1000 years ago? Rockhoof might be threatened by Redheart or Coco having non-farm jobs.

“What do ye mean, ‘nurse?’ Do ye not jist leave yer sick out in the cold to feed thar coyotes?”

Which mare would you choose out of the three?

Hmm. Redheart seems to be a popular answer, and taking what The Cloptimist had to say into account, I think I might agree.

Am I the only one who votes Coco? I like the contrast I suppose. Applejack would be a match, Redheart would be a complement, but Coco would be the contrast. Ask yourself then, which one is better for your story?

Applejack, to be honest. :ajsmug:

Something about him trying to be a model for Coco to me is hilarious. It would be cute to see.

Redheart. She won’t put up with any of his thousand year out of date attitudes.

Just because someone comes from another culture or era, doesn't mean you should dismiss what he has to say. To think that your own culture has everything figured out, and all others are backwards: That's arrogant and bigoted!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 29